Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here we go! One of our own takes on Reince Priebus for GOP Chairmanship

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    I think this is a bad idea and only makes those who support the opposition look like they are aliens to their own party. Preibus has way more than the amount needed to win, so he's not going anywhere Let's just be careful not to bring down our guys in the process.
    unelectable, fringe, kook, outside of the mainstream.

That never stopped Ron Paul and it never stopped us.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    here is a bunch of contact info, note it is as of August and some of the states picked different Committeemen/women for after RNC (not most, though.)

ATTENTION credentials contests : email addresses for 145 of the 168 voting members of RNC : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...members-of-RNC

there was another thread I am still looking for

--
    edit, here it is: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...epersons/page3
    Unfortunately, the person who posted a link to the spreadsheet containing nat'l com folks email addies no longer works for some reason.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95122650/rn...mbers-2012.xls

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Unfortunately, the person who posted a link to the spreadsheet containing nat'l com folks email addies no longer works for some reason.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95122650/rn...mbers-2012.xls
    I'll try pm'ing them.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Here were the rules committee members at least, as of August, so there are some from each state: http://www.rlc.org/wordpress/wp-cont...ontactInfo.pdf

Note this from December, however, he had no challengers then that I recall:

And in a warning shot to any potential challengers, Priebus writes that he has the votes of more than 150 RNC members locked down. Only 85 votes are needed to win the chairmanship.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/politics/Re...#ixzz2HJDTUM00
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-07-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    unelectable, fringe, kook, outside of the mainstream.

That never stopped Ron Paul and it never stopped us.
    It's important not to fall into the same traps we did before. I'm all for going against the establishment when it accomplishes something, but when over 90% of the people who are voting for the chairman are the establishment, this just isn't a winnable cause, and would just increase resistance against the few people we got elected to the committee positions.

It's important not to fall into the same traps we did before. I'm all for going against the establishment when it accomplishes something, but when over 90% of the people who are voting for the chairman are the establishment, this just isn't a winnable cause, and would just increase resistance against the few people we got elected to the committee positions.
    Are 90% really with establishment? I don't know the battle lines here, but if we could make this a battle about Rule 15 with our guy proposing its repeal, .... well the vote on that sounded awfully even. Don't know how that would play in the 'RNC voting membership'

he could propose turning control of state delegation make up and control of rules changes back to the states.

If nothing else it would highlight the issue again and remind people who is on which side.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-07-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Don't know how that would play in the 'RNC voting membership'
    My guess is they, as a whole, relish the fact of stripping local delegates of their voting rights as we're the small fish in their pond. While we've made some inroads in getting decent people on the RNC, there's surely an old guard up there that sees the grassroots reasserting itself and likes this rule that nips us in the bud. Especially, if we take Reince's word that he has 150 henchmen that's got his back, I bet they also are supporters of this rule. I would've thought there'd be more attention given to this upcoming meeting by more conservative outlets to pressure for a change but haven't seen much and the media is in silent mode to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    My guess is they, as a whole, relish the fact of stripping local delegates of their voting rights as we're the small fish in their pond. While we've made some inroads in getting decent people on the RNC, there's surely an old guard up there that sees the grassroots reasserting itself and likes this rule that nips us in the bud. Especially, if we take Reince's word that he has 150 henchmen that's got his back, I bet they also are supporters of this rule. I would've thought there'd be more attention given to this upcoming meeting by more conservative outlets to pressure for a change but haven't seen much and the media is in silent mode to boot.
    But Malkin and redstate and a bunch of others came out against the rule changes big time. IF this could be made about that, we might have more allies.

I don't know the battle lines, as I said.

Traps? What you're proposing IS a trap for ourselves. They already know who we are and they already know what we want.

One thing that I learned from my local county GOP meeting where we had great results is that you don't hide and do back room deals, and run the numbers to win. You run a real campaign, with real candidate, with a real team that believes in their real message.

Why do you think Mark Willis running for chair won't accomplish anything? How do you know Preibus has solid 90% support? Because he said so? lol!!!

Most of these people are just playing along to get a long, there is no other contender so of course they tell the 'leader' what he wants to hear.

How do you know there won't be votes against Preibus if there was a secret vote? It happens all the time.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

How do you know there won't be votes against Preibus if there was a secret vote? It happens all the time.
    I hear what you're saying and am maintaining optimism about mounting a solid challenge against Pubus but I wouldn't be surprised if he won't allow a secret vote a la Boehner. However, I am hoping that these at large delegates see what's going on in the base of the party and realize their further support of the status quo could have them in some $#@! at their next state conventions when activists attempt to pull a coup on them.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AJ Spiker apparently just came out in support of Priebus. Don't know if he was aware there was a challenge.

From AJ Spiker, Iowa GOP Chairman

"As voting members of the Republican National Committee,
    the state of Iowa offers its support for the re-election of
    Reince Priebus.

Over the past year we have spoken with Reince regularly
    and have been impressed with his attention to detail, fundraising
    prowess and desire to help Iowa retain its "First in the Nation"
    status in the Presidential Election process.

Though Reince inherited a situation that saw the RNC in
    debt, donations down and confidence struggling, he turned the
    Party around by cutting waste, limiting overhead and restarting
    many of the fundraising programs that had fallen dormant.
    Republicans must always hold themselves to a higher standard and
    this requires our generous donors to trust us to use their
    contributions wisely.

Reince has always been readily available to listen to our
    concerns, answer questions and ensure we feel comfortable with
    the direction of our Republican Party. We believe he has done a
    superb job turning around a party that was in disarray and we
    look forward to working with him in the future. Together we can
    grow our party, engage grassroots activists and continue to
    promote the conservative principles of our platform.

As voting members of the RNC, the Iowa delegation
    supports Reince Priebus for Republican National Committee
    Chairman and encourages members across the country to do the
    same. We are excited at the possibilities the future holds and
    look forward to Republican success in 2013 and beyond."

AJ Spiker - State Chairman
    Steve Scheffler - National Committeeman
    Tamara Scott - National Committeewoman
    http://www.dailypaul.com/comment/rep...3#comment-form

^^^ Yea, Preibus also said, for the record, that we didn't submit our paperwork in time to have Ron Paul officially nominated at the RNC.

& he lied.

Heres the thing, if AJ Spiker has already come out in support, it is almost impossible to expect him to publicly retract it. His credibility and his word is important right now, especially if he wants to be re-elected again for 2016.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

still, I wonder if when Spiker won, if that wasnt' the first call Priebus, who did know about the challenge, made...

We have to play the long game here. Priebus has the votes so it's pointless challenging him.

In the future Spiker might get a chance to be RNC head and then maybe we can undo all the sh&t they've done or maybe we can do it from the inside and influence him some way.

Just talked to Ben Swann, he is going to do a piece on Mark Willis.

Pretty cool!

p.s. he is a little more optimistic than some of you are being right now. lol
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Quote Originally Posted by BSU kid View Post
    But might too many split the anti-Priebus vote and leave him in charge anyway?
    My reasoning was if other people jumped in to challenge Priebus, especially well-known people, then Priebus would likely step down.

I'm sure he is going to encounter some cost Do you think we should start a money bomb or chip in. He has airfare costs and other unforeseen.

Quote Originally Posted by PHONETOOL View Post
    I'm sure he is going to encounter some cost Do you think we should start a money bomb or chip in. He has airfare costs and other unforeseen.
    He said he needed six votes, can we get those? Yes, if he needs costs covered we should think about that as well. When is it?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He said he needed six votes, can we get those? Yes, if he needs costs covered we should think about that as well. When is it?
    Here is what I know.

he has 4 of the 6 written nominations, he needs 2 more from 1 other state to complete the 6.

Here is a list of States that have come in support of Chairman Priebus:

New Jersey - Including Gov. Christie
    Iowa
    New Hampshire
    West Virginia
    Minnesota
    Washington
    Conneticut
    Puerto Rico
    Oregon
    Indiana
    Pennsylvania
    Arkansas
    New York
    Utah
    Hawaii
    New Mexico
    Tennessee
    Oklahoma
    California
    Colorado
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Mississippi
    Virginia
    Wisconsin

This makes 75 votes.. not the 150 that Reince Priebus claims he has. We still need 2 RNC members from 1 state to secure the nomination for Mark Willis for RNC Chair. Get at it!
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Here is what I know.

he has 4 of the 6 written nominations, he needs 2 more from 1 other state to complete the 6.
    got it. I'll post that at DP.

Here's the DP link if those of you with accounts want to bump it: http://www.dailypaul.com/269097/this...e-nominated-he

Texas? Do you hear us Texas? This would be HUGE.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

If you see this message, email your state committeemen.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Here were the rules committee members at least, as of August, so there are some from each state: http://www.rlc.org/wordpress/wp-cont...ontactInfo.pdf

Note this from December, however, he had no challengers then that I recall:
    Just wanted to bump the list so people know who to contact. Thanks for this information.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

I put the link provided by sailing in a google doc but I'm a little hesitant to make it fully public.

What do you guys think? Is their contact all public information anyways?
    THE SQUAD of RPF

I put the link provided by sailing in a google doc but I'm a little hesitant to make it fully public.

What do you guys think? Is their contact all public information anyways?
    I found it on the internet, myself. But saving the actual info in case the link goes down is probably a good idea.

Texas actually seems like a very good idea, particularly if our guy will give a strong statement against the rules that were passed. Texas hated them. I'm going to cross post these last threads into the Texas subforum so those subscribed there will get emails. We had a ton of Texas delegates.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-08-2013 at 05:41 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will try and contact Ed Martin

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanJames View Post
    I will try and contact Ed Martin
    Thank you!

What I'm thinking tentatively, if others support it, is we make this about the rules change, and at least try to push changing them back. A TON disliked the rules change and it might get Willis more support. Meanwhile, those more establishment and worried about challenging Priebus might at least pressure him on the rules change. Then if we win, we win, and if we lose, Priebus might be under pressure to get the rules changed.

What do you think?

And what would Willis think since he is the one running?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-08-2013 at 06:55 PM.

I've sent an email out to most of the Missouri grassroots coordinators through out the State - I have a contact for Ed, but I'd like to get the input from those close to him and other activists through out the state about how to go about presenting this. Will keep updated as I continue.

good idea to test the waters, and thank you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast