Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you President Trump. The economy just keeps choogling along...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Fewer Americans filed first time applications for unemployment benefits last week, as the labor market appears to be holding up at a stronger level than expected.
    New applications for state unemployment benefits fell 9,000
    Almost over 9000!!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Said the Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday, “total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 145,000 in December, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 3.5 percent.” It also noted that the long-term unemployment rate U6 (which includes discouraged workers no longer seeking jobs and part-time workers seeking full-time employment) dropped to the lowest level since the agency started reporting it in 1994.
    This followed the report from ADP on Wednesday that the U.S. economy added 261,700 jobs in December and caps off a remarkable year for the U.S. economy.
    For the year, new jobs rose by 2.1 million, following a gain of 2.7 million in 2018. Since Trump’s inauguration, the U.S. economy has added more than seven million new jobs. The robust economy has simultaneously reduced those on food stamps (SNAP) by four million while adding $5,000 a year to the average American’s household income.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/econo...bor-department
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Bold QE management, credit also goes to widely respected Fed Reserve for patriotic cooperation with political leadership at a time when Iran wars clouds are on the horizon. Reminds of bold QE cooperation of then Fed Reserve Greenspan 2004-07 when Bush Cheney led economic stimulation greatly helped with early years of Iraqi freedom war support among public.
    Thank you all involved for your patriotism!

DOW 29,000...
    FED KEEPS PUMPING...

U.S. consumer prices barely rose in December despite record low unemployment, indicating that inflationary pressures remain very muted.
    The Labor Department’s Consumer price index increased 0.2 percent in the last month of 2019, a slowing of the pace of prices from the 0.3 percent rise in November and the 0.4 percent rise in October. The December figure was below the consensus forecast of a 0.3 percent gain.
    Core CPI, which excludes the volatile categories of food and energy, rose by just 0.1 percent.
    In the 12 months through December, the CPI rose 2.3 percent. There was no change to either the annual figure when food and energy are excluded.
    That likely means that inflation as measured by the Federal Reserve’s preferred metric, the personal consumption expenditure index minus food and energy, is running below the Fed’s two percent target. Core PCE inflation tends to run a half a percentage point below CPI.
    Last week’s employment report showed that wages had increased by less than three percent on a 12-month basis in December despite unemployment holding at 3.5 percent, a 50-year low. This suggests that the U.S. labor market still has slack and undermines arguments from corporate lobbyists in Washington, D.C. that businesses need higher levels of immigration to fill jobs.
    Many items that attract a lot of attention from consumers are down in price. Televisions are down more than 20 percent compared with a year ago. Apparel prices have fallen 1.2 percent, with women’s clothing prices down 2.2 percent. Major appliances are down 7 percent. Prices of fresh fruits and vegetables are down 1.8 percent.
    The price of cars and trucks are up just one-tenth of a percentage point. Even drug price inflation is low, with prices rising just 3 percent.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...tion-persists/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Both manufacturing and rail traffic are down. My rail source (a train conductor) said Amazon is using rail more now, presumably for imported goods, and without that the drop in rail traffic would be even larger than it is. Unless imported goods traffic rises, which would be contrary to the narrative of reducing trade deficits with less imports, something's gotta give. FedEx's recent quarterly numbers were bad and future guidance even worse. Seems to me that freight companies starting to go under, rail traffic dropping, major shipper giving bad future guidance and a manufacturing recession in effect (from an executive at a direct competitor to 3M), indicates trucking activity is and will continue to slow.
    https://wolfstreet.com/2020/01/15/us...it-2011-level/

“Surprisingly Ugly” – US Freight Shipments Plunge At Fastest Rate Since 2009, Hit 2011 Levels

Some of y'all love to get your talking points from Yahoo. I like to get my info from actual people in the industries.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

“Surprisingly Ugly” – US Freight Shipments Plunge At Fastest Rate Since 2009, Hit 2011 Levels

Some of y'all love to get your talking points from Yahoo. I like to get my info from actual people in the industries.
    We don't need to ship as much freight around if we aren't importing as much Chinesium garbage.

You can cherry pick your data but it won't change the real situation.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We don't need to ship as much freight around if we aren't importing as much Chinesium garbage.

You can cherry pick your data but it won't change the real situation.
    Yeah, $#@! that whole money to pay rent and products to do stuff with thing. I'm with ya.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Lol, who shops at retail stores anymore? And still, retail stores didn't do so poorly. Cha-cha-cha-chooglin'!

Digital Sales Tip Scale For Holiday Spending First Time In History

$7.4 Billion In Online Sales Between Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Consumers are still feeling fairly confident about the economy, if holiday spending is any indication. Adobe Analytics estimates that the sales for the full weekend (Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday) will top $29 billion, or 20% of total revenue for the full holiday season, up from 19% last year.
    https://rcbizjournal.com/2019/12/02/...me-in-history/

NEW YORK (AP) — The nation's largest retail trade group says holiday sales increased 4.1%, the top end of its forecast.

The National Retail Federation had expected growth in a range of 3.8% to 4.2% for the November and December period. The growth is nearly double the 2.1% growth seen during the holiday 2018 period, which was hurt by a government shutdown, stock market volatility and interest rate hikes.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/business...-sales-rose-41
    Last edited by phill4paul; 01-17-2020 at 09:19 AM.

The number of initial jobless claims—a measure of Americans who applied for unemployment benefits—fell for the fifth straight week in early January, pointing to ongoing labor market strength.
    Initial claims for state unemployment benefits fell by 10,000 to a seasonally adjusted 204,000 for the week ended Jan. 11, the Labor Department said on Thursday (pdf). Economists polled by Reuters expected claims would rise to 216,000 in the latest week, while those surveyed by MarketWatch forecast an even higher print of 220,000.

The labor market has continued to create jobs at a steady pace, despite some evidence of worker shortages.
    A recent employment report from the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) shows that in December, finding qualified workers was the top problem for nearly a quarter of 10,000 business owners polled.
    “The inability to assemble work teams is a key contributor to the comparably lackluster performance of the construction industry as evidenced by the December figures,” said NFIB Chief Economist William Dunkelberg. “Owners are raising compensation in order to attract more qualified applicants to fill open positions.”
    The report showed near historic highs in the percentage of small business owners who raised or are planning to raise worker compensation.

More at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/new-jo...h_3207294.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Class, who can tell me when the actual economy disconnected from the stock market? It wouldn't be when the PPT went officially active, would it?

Huge bubble Devil... the only question is when will it pop?

Devil please explain thoroughly.

Exclamation Davos: President Trump outlines plans for NWO

Globalist President Donnell Trump speech at Davos, outlining plans for mass vaccine genocide, negative interest rate taxation, endless war and global misery, for a New World Order under his Wahhabi Saudi-Israeli leadership.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    Devil please explain thoroughly.
    The chart doesn't explain it thoroughly enough already?

https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow...e-for-december

60 of 85 indicators in the index are negative. It's also worth noting that the last upward trend coincided with the Fed's repo operations starting. Most definitely not "choogling" any more, at least not without PPT and repo "not QE".
    Last edited by devil21; 01-22-2020 at 10:45 PM.

The chart doesn't explain it thoroughly enough already?

https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow...e-for-december
    I'm glad to see you display your trust of the Fed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm glad to see you display your trust of the Fed.
    It sounds odd I guess but their economic indicator reports are generally accurate, though not widely publicized for mass consumption.

I also cross-reference my own personal knowledge of indicators with reports before considering likely accuracy of said reports.

eta: I just googled the term "choogling" and it's probably more accurate than it sounds. It refers to slogging through mud and particularly a "smoother" section of mud compared to the rest of the mud. Sounds about right.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-22-2020 at 10:52 PM.

It sounds odd I guess but their economic indicator reports are generally accurate, though not widely publicized for mass consumption.

I also cross-reference my own personal knowledge of indicators with reports before considering likely accuracy of said reports.
    There is plenty of evidence that they are manipulating the numbers to make Trump look bad.
    As Trump fixes various globalist schemes that have been hurting Americans the economy has seen some negative effects but it has overall improved and as time goes on and Trump fixes more problems there will be less negativity and more improvement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There is plenty of evidence that they are manipulating the numbers to make Trump look bad.
    As Trump fixes various globalist schemes that have been hurting Americans the economy has seen some negative effects but it has overall improved and as time goes on and Trump fixes more problems there will be less negativity and more improvement.
    Yeah, all that is totally true and not pulled out of your ass.

eta: I just googled the term "choogling" and it's probably more accurate than it sounds. It refers to slogging through mud and particularly a "smoother" section of mud compared to the rest of the mud. Sounds about right.
    "...You got to ball and have a good time / And that's what I call chooglin'."

to ball....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_intercourse

America is 'balling' right now. You can excoriate the 21 trillion debt, the bubble, and the inevitable collapse as much as you want. Do it all day long. Shout it from the rooftops.

I've heard 'doom and gloom' purveyors my whole life. They look at charts. I look at people. And people are working again and their wages are rising. There is competition in industry for them

Will the collapse come? I think we both agree that it is inevitable.

But, this thread is about Trump's economy, not about his spending, it's about loosening regulations, trade wars with foreign competitors and Americans going back to work instead of being on the dole. It's about record breaking unemployment, across all sectors, rising wages.

Translation: Americans are working again. Despite previous admins. claims that the jobs were NEVER coming back.

Keep chooglin'!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "...You got to ball and have a good time / And that's what I call chooglin'."

to ball....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_intercourse

America is 'balling' right now. You can excoriate the 21 trillion debt, the bubble, and the inevitable collapse as much as you want. Do it all day long. Shout it from the rooftops.

I've heard 'doom and gloom' purveyors my whole life. They look at charts. I look at people. And people are working again and their wages are rising. There is competition in industry for them

Will the collapse come? I think we both agree that it is inevitable.

But, this thread is about Trump's economy, not about his spending, it's about loosening regulations, trade wars with foreign competitors and Americans going back to work instead of being on the dole. It's about record breaking unemployment, across all sectors, rising wages.

Translation: Americans are working again. Despite previous admins. claims that the jobs were NEVER coming back.

Keep chooglin'!
    And the chooglin' will cause a much better outcome when the collapse comes than the previous hollowing out of the economy was going to.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And the chooglin' will cause a much better outcome when the collapse comes than the previous hollowing out of the economy was going to.
    Done right. Most don't.

Only if it's done correctly, instead of done Trumpy. No CEO should ever give international interviews and sound like a 4th grader.

The first step to fixing a problem is to admit there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Done right. Most don't.
    There is going to be a massive collapse with all the money the Fed has injected. This feels like 2000 when the tech stocks crashed. The only question is will it be before the election or after? is Trump being setup or is he complicit?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://www.aar.org/news/rail-traffi...nuary-18-2020/

Half of the drop of rail traffic was due entirely to the decline in coal traffic. Coal-fired merchant power continues staggering into the combined headwinds of environmental regs and conversion to natural gas. The former being goobermint thumb on the scale and the latter being market economics. But hey! Orange man bad baby.

For this week, total U.S. weekly rail traffic was 499,732 carloads and intermodal units, down 8 percent compared with the same week last year.

Commodity groups that posted decreases compared with the same week in 2019 included coal, down 17,651 carloads, to 70,388; grain, down 3,631 carloads, to 19,373; and petroleum and petroleum products, down 978 carloads, to 12,730.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Thumbs down Collapse the Dollar with Negative Intrest Rates taxation

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Bold QE management, credit also goes to widely respected Fed Reserve for patriotic cooperation with political leadership at a time when Iran wars clouds are on the horizon. Reminds of bold QE cooperation of then Fed Reserve Greenspan 2004-07 when Bush Cheney led economic stimulation greatly helped with early years of Iraqi freedom war support among public.
    Thank you all involved for your patriotism!

DOW 29,000...
    FED KEEPS PUMPING...
    Donnell hates us because we're free, so his jihad against America continues....

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    https://www.aar.org/news/rail-traffi...nuary-18-2020/

Half of the drop of rail traffic was due entirely to the decline in coal traffic. Coal-fired merchant power continues staggering into the combined headwinds of environmental regs and conversion to natural gas. The former being goobermint thumb on the scale and the latter being market economics.
    And the other half was....?

But hey! Orange man bad baby.
    Can't have it both ways by crediting Trump for any positives, as the thread title and Trumpkin thread content does, while holding him harmless for any negatives.

And the other half was....?

Can't have it both ways by crediting Trump for any positives, as the thread title and Trumpkin thread content does, while holding him harmless for any negatives.
    The other half was undoubtedly mostly shipping less Chinesium junk around the country.

There are always ups and downs but Trump has changed the general direction upward.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The other half was undoubtedly mostly shipping less Chinesium junk around the country.
    A wild ass guess from SS, as usual. My train conductor friend said Amazon train shipments has actually helped keep rail traffic higher, so your guess doesn't stand up.

There are always ups and downs but Trump has changed the general direction upward.
    He did for a while perhaps, but economic indicators are pointing downward in the near term. The shark was jumped in January 2019 with the PPT activation, as the chart shows, though. The bankers that fill the Oval Office will have to inflict enough pain on the population to get them to accept the banker's next planned paradigm. Same playbook they run over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    There is going to be a massive collapse with all the money the Fed has injected. This feels like 2000 when the tech stocks crashed. The only question is will it be before the election or after? is Trump being setup or is he complicit?
    For a long time I've thought he was 100% complicit. Now I mostly just think he's an idiot. Did you see his CNBC interview the other day? Brutal. It was like listening to an interview with a grade school child. Elon Musk is very good at rockets, by the way.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-23-2020 at 05:45 PM.

A wild ass guess from SS, as usual. My train conductor friend said Amazon train shipments has actually helped keep rail traffic higher, so your guess doesn't stand up.
    Imports are down and so is our trade deficit, not all Amazon stuff comes from China, it sounds like you are the one making things up.

He did for a while perhaps, but economic indicators are pointing downward in the near term. The shark was jumped in January 2019 with the PPT activation, as the chart shows, though. The bankers that fill the Oval Office will have to inflict enough pain on the population to get them to accept the banker's next planned paradigm. Same playbook they run over and over.
    They are fighting him but they are losing.

For a long time I've thought he was 100% complicit. Now I mostly just think he's an idiot. Did you see his CNBC interview the other day? Brutal. It was like listening to an interview with a grade school child. Elon Musk is very good at rockets, by the way.
    You are fooled by his act just as all his other enemies are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast