Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump's answer to the question: what are the top 3 functions of government?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Don't turn this into a discussion on religion, please.
    Political issues are inherently religious. Stop putting the constitution above the bible.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Political issues are inherently religious.
    That's what you say. What does your Lord and Savior say?

“And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.”
    Stop putting the constitution above the bible.
    Why do you make the claim that she is doing anything of that sort? I don't see any evidence of it. Why would your Lord and Savior draw the clear line of demarcation that you don't want to draw? Why would He also say, 'Judge not lest ye be judged'?

There is a clear line of demarcation between God and state. That line is, one of these things knows what is in your heart and the other has no clue at all. One of these things is full of love and the other is full of petty arrogance and a desire for power which is born of ambition, not a desire for justice. One of these things can be perverted for evil purposes--and that evil can go undetected--and the other is God.

You still haven't gotten sufficiently over your arrogance to realize that the reason God doesn't want us to play God is because we're no damned good at it. And you're going to sit there and arrogantly accuse cajun of putting the Constitution above the Bible. Thus proving God's point. You're trying to judge her, and you're no damned good at it. You don't know what is in her heart, but you're exposing the petty arrogance in your own. You aren't doing God's will, you're just standing on the street corner saying your alms in public, hoping to gain the approval of men. If you were interested in doing God's will, you'd read what He said, and stop pretending that no mortal mind can comprehend His parables. And realize for once in your life that your Lord and Savior was trying to do you a favor. When He said judge not lest ye be judged, He was trying to tell you that in judging others you expose your own pettiness and arrogance to people who might never have noticed them otherwise.

This thread is about Trump, and Trump is clearly not God. So stop trying to hijack it. Get back on topic or go away. And stop trying to cull the favor of foolish men by trying to paint yourself as more pious than cajun. God knows better, and won't reward you for it.

Now. Let's try this again. Please don't try to turn this into a discussion about something it is not about. Such as religion. Please. We aren't going to know what God's plan for government is until we get to Heaven, where He rules. Until then we are presumptuous to guess, and arrogant to make pronouncements as if we know them to be true.

You know how to start a thread and you know where to do it. If you want to be obnoxious for someone, be obnoxious in the service of the devil. Obnoxiousness might actually be a selling point where that one is concerned. But to make your arrogant pronouncements about what God considers the basis of good government in a thread about what Trump thinks on that subject is to say Trump is God. And I know that isn't what you intended to do, so stop doing it.

Now behave yourself, or I shall rebuke you a second time.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-31-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Political issues are inherently religious. Stop putting the constitution above the bible.
    I'm going to ask a moderator to split the topic and put your posts in the Religion subforum if you insist on doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    ONE poll suddenly shows Cruz up by ten points, after three that showed the race as basically even, and a new NY poll shows Trump up by 36% over Cruz. That's a mixed bag situation, not a cookout. Wisconsin is shaping up to be Cruz's last stand, not Trump's, about the last place where Ted can look competitive, which is why the entire usual gang of idiots (mainstream pols and pundits) are using it to paint Trump as a failing candidate.

The adultery charges (that Rubio originated, not Trump or NI) have more legs than last week's story, based on the other media organs that have been sitting on the story for months, let's see if it's over after a few weeks.
    NY and maybe NJ are the only states left where Trump has the kind of lead he was having across the board in Jan-Feb. Until early March, PA was also on that list, but Kasich is carving away at that; MD is next up. If Trump gets beat badly in WI, it makes things worse for him because he needs 20-30 delegates from there. He won't get those the way it looks now, so that means (even giving him an 80% share from the rest of New England states) he needs to win a bigger share from CA on the last day.

NE, SD, MT, WY, CO are Cruz states; he will win all of those, with Trump getting about 6 delegates total from those states.

WA, OR, IN, WV are still in play.
    Last edited by CPUd; 03-31-2016 at 10:49 AM.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm going to ask a moderator to split the topic and put your posts in the Religion subforum if you insist on doing this.
    You asked what the role of government is. That is a question with a Biblical answer.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

You asked what the role of government is. That is a question with a Biblical answer.
    No, she started a thread about Trump's opinion on that subject. Which you didn't talk about. Not even once.

Which makes you someone who had no interest in the thread except as a vehicle for your usual pastime of being obnoxious, and hoping that doing it in God's name will protect you from the rebuke that you deserve.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I did not. I suggest you go back and read the OP again.

And I was disucssing by disagreeing with Trump.

1. Security
    2. Health care
    3. Education

Discuss.
    So I'm curious to ask trump supporters - do you think his views on the proper role of government have changed since this pronouncement?

1. Deals
    2. Deal Making
    3. Making Terrific Deals

I don't want him learning on the job. We saw what that's been like for the past 8 years. I don't know what the alternative is at this point though. I don't want HRC or Cruz either.
    The problem with Obama is not that he required on the job training. The problem with him is ideological.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    The problem with Obama is not that he required on the job training. The problem with him is ideological.
    Indeed

And anyone who thinks stimulus spending, bank bailouts, auto company bailouts, and QE are good ideas is ideologically unfit to be President.

Wouldn't you agree?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Indeed

And anyone who thinks stimulus spending, bank bailouts, auto company bailouts, and QE are good ideas is ideologically unfit to be President.

Wouldn't you agree?
    I would.

Indeed

Wouldn't you agree?
    But trump is like Beck. He's coming around, I'm telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    But trump is like Beck. He's coming around, I'm telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's what you say. What does your Lord and Savior say?
    “And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.”
    What things aren't God's?

Incidentally, in the Roman Empire, those titles, "Lord and Savior," were political ones.

1. Security
    2. Health care
    3. Education

Discuss.
    I used to think it was administrative, legislative and judicial, but now I know its rob, molest and murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Not to some of us. Donald Trump = Bernie Sanders with an orange comb-over. Trump's on is way down anyway though. Despite his desperate National Enquirer sex scandal ploy, he's getting his ass kicked by Ted Cruz in Wisconsin. He was beating Ted Cruz in February but now he's losing to Cruz by 10 points. Stick a fork in Trump. He's done.
    Guess not.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Indeed

Wouldn't you agree?
    When it comes to Trump you have to take the good with the bad. He's far from perfect, but he's an improvement. If he follows through on his immigration plan then that buys us some time. If he doesn't, or if Hillary wins, then no Republican will ever win a national election in this country again.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Notice the upward trend. The country is becoming more polarized.

When it comes to Trump you have to take the good with the bad.
    When it comes to anyone under the sun you have to take the bad with the good. When it comes to Trump, the challenge is finding the good.

The only difference between that and playing 'Where's Waldo?' is you actually know Waldo is there somewhere.

He's far from perfect, but he's an improvement.
    An improvement over what, exactly?

If he follows through on his immigration plan then that buys us some time. If he doesn't, or if Hillary wins, then no Republican will ever win a national election in this country again.
    Who is 'us' and what time are you buying? Because if you're trying to buy the GOP time before Fox's deliberate sabotage, and the memory of such shining lights as Nixon and Dubya, consign the Republican Party to the dustbin of history, nominating this clown is hardly the wisest strategy.

A grand Republican victory is in no way what this campaign of deliberately offending every demographic from libertarians to women (the latter being what--53% of the planet?) is designed to achieve.

Building coalitions is what Reagan did. Trump is deliberately destroying coalitions, knowing full well that this is all it takes (combined with a crowded Republican field and a trillion dollars' worth of free publicity) to get the most reactionary five percent of the American population to hand him the GOP Nomination.

No one in his right mind takes this tack if they want to win the general election. So, logically that leaves two possibilities--he's not in his right mind, or he is not in this to win it. Take your pick.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-06-2016 at 10:30 AM.

...if Hillary wins, then no Republican will ever win a national election in this country again.
    Please elucidate. Unless Hillary unleashes a full-bore police state and locks down the political system, real conservatism is going to look like a great option after 4-8 years of slide into progressive slimeland.

Please elucidate. Unless Hillary unleashes a full-bore police state and locks down the political system, real conservatism is going to look like a great option after 4-8 years of slide into progressive slimeland.
    We have that situation now.

The only thing preventing the GOP from walking away with this election is that the liberal media pretended to hate Trump and gave that charade a gazillion dollars' worth of free publicity. So, the most gullible five percent of the American population, most of whom are registered Republicans, nominated someone even less conservative than Clinton.

If the GOP were to ever nominate a conservative, they could do quite well. So, I guess it's safe to say the GOP will never win again because the GOP will never nominate a conservative again. And since it might not even survive this fiasco...

If you think you're getting conservatism in a minority-majority country, you're delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    When it comes to anyone under the sun you have to take the bad with the good. When it comes to Trump, the challenge is finding the good.

The only difference between that and playing 'Where's Waldo?' is you actually know Waldo is there somewhere.

An improvement over what, exactly?

Who is 'us' and what time are you buying? Because if you're trying to buy the GOP time before Fox's deliberate sabotage, and the memory of such shining lights as Nixon and Dubya, consign the Republican Party to the dustbin of history, nominating this clown is hardly the wisest strategy.

A grand Republican victory is in no way what this campaign of deliberately offending every demographic from libertarians to women (the latter being what--53% of the planet?) is designed to achieve.

Building coalitions is what Reagan did. Trump is deliberately destroying coalitions, knowing full well that this is all it takes (combined with a crowded Republican field and a trillion dollars' worth of free publicity) to get the most reactionary five percent of the American population to hand him the GOP Nomination.

No one in his right mind takes this tack if they want to win the general election. So, logically that leaves two possibilities--he's not in his right mind, or he is not in this to win it. Take your pick.
    "us" is people who want limited government.

It's impossible to be a conservative these days and not alienate women. Reagan didn't have to deal with third-wave feminism.

"us" is people who want limited government.
    If you think you're getting limited government from trump, you're just not listening to him. As pointed out -

Trump is:

Pro Iraq War
    Pro Libya War
    Pro Fed money printing
    Pro bank bailouts
    Pro auto company bailouts
    Pro Obama stimulus
    Pro tax increases
    Pro raising the minimum wage
    Pro PATRIOT ACT
    Pro NSA Spying
    Pro torture
    Pro partial birth abortion
    Pro gun control
    Pro eminent domain

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Lol the guy is like 70 years old. I think his formative years are over. He's not interested in learning anything, especially libertarian philosophy.
    lmao
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you think you're getting limited government from trump, you're just not listening to him. As pointed out -
    Did I say we were? If you read the previous messages you would see that my point was he will buy us some time to work on it by deporting illegals and controlling immigration. Granted, he could betray us on that too, but what other choice do we have? There aren't enough people in this country who think like us to make voting Libertarian a viable option.

If you think you're getting conservatism in a minority-majority country, you're delusional.
    Why do you think that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic