Thread: Vegan Women Will Save the World

Vegan Women Will Save the World

Vegan Women Will Save the World, Says James Cameron

Plant-Based "Avatar" Director James Cameron

Vegan women will save the world, according to plant-based filmmaker and environmentalist James Cameron.

In an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour, Cameron and his wife Suzy discussed the current climate change crisis and the transformative power of changing the way we eat.

According to Cameron — whose “Avatar” movie sets are completely vegan — following a plant-based diet is “the quickest way that [the human race] have of grabbing the thermostat of the planet and turning it down.”

Suzy’s book — OMD: The Simple, Plant-Based Program to Save Your Health, Save Your Waistline, and Save the Planet — helps people feel able to reach the thermostat, guiding readers through how to introduce just one vegan meal a day into their diet.

According to Suzy, if one person eats one plant-based meal a day for a whole year, they will save 200,000 gallons of water and the carbon equivalent of driving from Los Angeles to New York.

Suzy Cameron with her book OMD | image/Suzy Amis Cameron

Not everyone can afford to change their car, or switch to solar power, she notes, but for one meal out of every day, many people could ditch the animal products to help limit their environmental impact.

“It’s a simple elegant solution [to fighting climate change]. It’s non-judgmental, you can just dip your toe in it. What you’re putting on your plate actually makes a huge difference towards — not only climate change — but your health as well,” Suzy told Amanpour.

It’s this kind of thinking — according to Cameron — that means women will save the planet.

https://www.livekindly.co/vegan-wome...james-cameron/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm thinking of buying a 14 lb. brisket to smoke on the grill.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a 14 lb. brisket to smoke on the grill.
    Had a real nice corned beef brisket and cabbage for St. Patty's Day. Even had Mom over, but she's not vegan so I guess she can't save the world.
    "The Patriarch"

Vegans couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Vegan women give me a frickin headache.

I was at a dinner when I was younger and by an unfortunate happenstance I sat next to a scrawny pasty mutant looking vegan chick. I politely offered her some of the main course, which was meat.

She almost spat the words as she said, "I don't do animals."

I told her that was wonderful, but I was asking if she wanted food, not about her sex life.

She got up and sat at a different table and annoyed some other people.