Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck doesn't hold back, "Ron Paul supporters deride son Rand as a "Judas""

Glenn Beck doesn't hold back, "Ron Paul supporters deride son Rand as a "Judas""

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WGAS what Glenn Beck says?

Well I do and we should. He is pretty much correct in his assessment, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
    Well I do and we should. He is pretty much correct in his assessment, IMO.
    We've just been burned by him too many times for me to spend any energy worrying about him. I don't expect him to be on our side.

Glenn Beck is a horrible person who holds extremely bigoted and racist views about much of the world. He is ignorant and was at one point addicted to cocaine and an alcoholic which made his wife divorce him and take the kid. I direct you to these videos for further study:

Says one Judas about another.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

He had his time and his place and his fifteen minutes is up. Yet another pink-faced halfwit bites the dust. I don't claim to have all the answers, but he does. Every damn day.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Beck is a lunatic, an idiot, and completely right. The most insane among us did say that about Randy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glenn Beck, Adam Kokesh, Alex Jones..... all blowhards who play a role for the attention and money.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Says one Judas about another.
    This.

Although I think Schiff's interview posted above does a great job and helping people understand why Rand did what he did.. although it wasn't just the interview, Schiff talked about Rand at various points throughout the entire show and made some really good points.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-12-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    He had his time and his place and his fifteen minutes is up. Yet another pink-faced halfwit bites the dust. I don't claim to have all the answers, but he does. Every damn day.
    IDK if they are up yet, he just signed a pretty big contract IIRC. I cannot stand him anymore, (yes I liked him at one point) Glenn sounds like a kooky preacher wannabe John Hagee poser.
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Glenn Beck, Adam Kokesh, Alex Jones..... all blowhards who play a role for the attention and money.
    Nah, the real whores are the Reason scum whose opinions you parrot.

Typical.

Equate supporters of the idea of liberty with a cult of personality and bash that, but then turn around and insist those same individuals follow a person of his liking.

I almost didn't catch that with all the awesome camera angles dazzlin' me pea brain and two yes men at yer side.

Hey Glenn, I think your gonna need some lasers, a disco ball, and about six more cameras to make up for your lame material.

Beck pisses me off on stuff like this, but he gives quality analysis of the Federal Reserve and banking system. It's strange how someone can get one issue so well and then completely miss the mark on others.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Beck pisses me off on stuff like this, but he gives quality analysis of the Federal Reserve and banking system. It's strange how someone can get one issue so well and then completely miss the mark on others.
    mix a little truth with the agenda
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Buck Feck
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I just read the transcript and Beck is pretty spot-on. The L in Libertarian stands for loser in that they will excommunicate like minded people for that teeny weeny 5%. Remember that movie Shallow Hal with Jason Alexander's character who couldn't bring himself to date the model type with the crooked little toe. That's the so-called libertarians in this movement.

Nah, the real whores are the Reason scum whose opinions you parrot.
    You do realize they have more than one voice. Actually, you probably don't. Sir Alex is your guide.... do not divert your mind from the message of dear leader.

Glenn Beck is trying to ingratiate himself with the liberty movement the same way he did with the Tea Party, and for the same purposes - to divert and destroy any effectiveness it might have as a political movement.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Glenn Beck is trying to ingratiate himself with the liberty movement the same way he did with the Tea Party, and for the same purposes - to divert and destroy any effectiveness it might have as a political movement.
    Don't forget, to make a buck. It's the same with all these guys...$$$$$.

Glenn Beck, Risk Santorum lover. Risk Santorum - voted for No Child Left Behind, voted to give Planned Parenthood funding, voted to uphold U.N. resolutions, openly lied about his own positions, and positions of other candidates (at least once in Glenn's face with no correction), and let's not forget the kicker.
    Glenn Beck, supporter of Risk Santorum...the "conservative" "anti-Romney" that ended his political campaign with debt. What a real winner.
    Don't forget though, Ron Paul is bad because he voted against every single earmark.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I just read the transcript and Beck is pretty spot-on. The L in Libertarian stands for loser in that they will excommunicate like minded people for that teeny weeny 5%. Remember that movie Shallow Hal with Jason Alexander's character who couldn't bring himself to date the model type with the crooked little toe. That's the so-called libertarians in this movement.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    You do realize they have more than one voice. Actually, you probably don't. Sir Alex is your guide.... do not divert your mind from the message of dear leader.
    Yeah, they have a lot of voices that are all owned and do bidding for the Washington D.C. establishment. I prefer to stick with people who are proven supporters of liberty, not those who would be the first to stab the freedom movement in a back when the orders come in

Oh, you mean like Hannity, Beck, Rush, Levin, and every single other "conservative" that has done the same thing to RP? Not because of 5%, but because they lie and misconstrue his actual positions. I'm not even Libertarian, but I am tired of the liars on both sides.

What's that Beck? I'm sorry. I couldn't hear your bull$#@! over the sound of yet another station dropping your radio show.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, they have a lot of voices that are all owned and do bidding for the Washington D.C. establishment. I prefer to stick with people who are proven supporters of liberty, not those who would be the first to stab the freedom movement in a back when the orders come in
    You're almost as full of $#@! as Adam and Alex.

First off, he has proven exactly why all the "I hate Rand" threads were moved to Hot Topics so quickly. Way to make us all famous for eating our own.

Second off, anything else about him aside, and like it or not, he is right. People would do well to listen to that excerpt if they haven't already, and then take it to heart. Because he's right. People are running off at the mouth, making wild conspiracy theory assumptions, and burning bridges left and right....without one single clue as to what is going on yet. I have never seen this group of people on this forum make such incredible illogical leaps in thought and prediction as I have the past few days.

No wonder we have the vultures trying to sweep in, make a few attacks on Rand, and try to pat everyone here on the head and say, "it's ok...you can follow me now". Many people here have gone from being free thinkers to sheep with a snap of the fingers.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

I just read the transcript and Beck is pretty spot-on.
    And did you know that the "transcript" on Beck's site is edited? He (or his editor) removes the most inflammatory parts to make it seem more reasonable.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-13-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I would be better able to listen to Beck's radio show if he would drop all the hokey "Three Twelve Eight Step Plan to Love and Liberty" nonsense. Plus, his radio show is a long infomercial to watch his tv show.

The L in Libertarian stands for loser in that they will excommunicate like minded people for that teeny weeny 5%. Remember that movie Shallow Hal with Jason Alexander's character who couldn't bring himself to date the model type with the crooked little toe. That's the so-called libertarians in this movement.
    Really?

Example 1: The two main LP candidates for President this year were Gary Johnson and R Lee Wrights, with Johnson representing mainstream libertarianism and Wrights representing the "libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party." Johnson won the nomination at the national convention, obviously. Wrights was nominated for Chairman of the national party, but declined, and ended up being the Vice-Chairman of the national party. A place for both sides was found within the party.

Example 2: I am a hard core libertarian and supported Wrights. My friend is also a hard core libertarian and was actually at the national convention and on C-SPAN opposing Johnson. But when it came time to get the campaign active in Connecticut, we both stepped up and are now co-directors for the Johnson campaign in Connecticut because we realize that, even if we have some disagreements with Johnson, he's still a huge step in the right direction and there needs to be an alternative in November to Romney/Obama.

I consider anyone who supports less government to be a friend of the liberty movement, even if they aren't an-cap like me. They won't become an enemy until government has shrunk to the point that they stop supporting less government.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch150 View Post
    Really?

Example 1: The two main LP candidates for President this year were Gary Johnson and R Lee Wrights, with Johnson representing mainstream libertarianism and Wrights representing the "libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party." Johnson won the nomination at the national convention, obviously. Wrights was nominated for Chairman of the national party, but declined, and ended up being the Vice-Chairman of the national party. A place for both sides was found within the party.

Example 2: I am a hard core libertarian and supported Wrights. My friend is also a hard core libertarian and was actually at the national convention and on C-SPAN opposing Johnson. But when it came time to get the campaign active in Connecticut, we both stepped up and are now co-directors for the Johnson campaign in Connecticut because we realize that, even if we have some disagreements with Johnson, he's still a huge step in the right direction and there needs to be an alternative in November to Romney/Obama.

I consider anyone who supports less government to be a friend of the liberty movement, even if they aren't an-cap like me. They won't become an enemy until government has shrunk to the point that they stop supporting less government.
    You're a lifesaver. I was starting to think that hardly any other hardcore libertarians thought like me. The typical dogmatic view on compromise is that "moving in the right direction" is still "moving in the wrong direction" and "the same thinking that got us in this mess" if a candidate doesn't want to move as fast or as far as the speaker. I understand that the vast majority of candidates typically have dealbreaker issues where they actually want to increase government in some area (huge red flag!), but this movement could gain some serious oomph if more of us could differentiate them from candidates who actually want to move wholesale in the right direction.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 06-13-2012 at 02:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast