Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Goes to War Against Iran

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Useful info and really helps in showing the situation there. I was struck by the young ages of the protestors and knowing that nearly their entire lives have been in the chaos created since 2003. Hearing that term "social justice" mentioned was somewhat concerning because that makes them ripe for Soros meddling.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ...Americans were not and are not fair game for Iran in Iraq.
    It’d be a lot harder to be “fair game” if Americans weren’t there.
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mattniers View Post
    According to the Shia religion it does.
    You're just pulling that out of your ass and Iraq, unlike Iran, is not a theocracy, anyway.

It's great that Hezbollah has fought ISIS, Al Nusra/Al Qaeda and other radical freaks but that doesn't make Iran some beloved overlord. They've been useful in this fight but Syrians would never want to live under their theocracy, either.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Clinton also launched a major Iraq airstrike during impeachment process
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...achment-2020-1
    IIRC, Clinton also started the war on Serbia when Lewinsky affair was blowing up.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    This began with a missile strike on a US base where a civilian contractor was killed and nobody who was responsible for it. For all we know, it was Israelis. How does that justify the attack on Hezbollah (far away, I might add) and the killing of the general and others? It doesn't.
    Remember when they claimed that Assad used chemical weapons in Syria (more than once)?
    Remember when they claimed that Turkey had attacked US forces in Syria?
    Remember when they claimed that Iran had attacked a base and killed a US contractor?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaninPA View Post
    I agree but until we leave we can't just let Ira come in and kill them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by DaninPA View Post
    We have been in Iraq for 18 years. This isn't Iran's first rodeo. They have been interfering and meddling in Iraq for too long. Maybe if we had a better president before we would of had real diplomacy. Instead we have been doing proxy wars and letting Iran get stronger. If there is to be no diplomacy and only fake diplomacy than what is the point? Pretending like this all happened under Trump is stupid but if they think Trump is going to let them get away with it they will learn soon enough if they haven't learned already that Trump is a different kind of president.

Anyone who says that killing Soleimani is a good thing is essentially a supporter of ISIS.
    Just stop it. Being glad that Hezbollah has fought ISIS doesn't equate to Iran is great. Life is not black and white. You're also not taking into account that the Syrian Army, Russians and Kurds have fought against ISIS. They all share a mutual interest in that but still have their own agendas.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Thats what the deputy commander of the IRGC said. LOL
    Link?

WTF is with you, anyway? Nobody here has said that Iraq belongs to Iran but you seem to think it belongs the US because it was invaded. The US didn't colonize Iraq, it just destroyed it.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by SimmerDown View Post
    Anybody that doesn't support this war is commie scum.
    SimmerDown

Banned

I hope somebody realizes this was humor?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Thats what happens when you have blasphemy laws like Iran does. No wonder RPF is so sympathetic to Iran.
    I like how all the trolls saying our soldiers deserved to die aren't banned.

If any conservatives come here we want to give them the impression that Ron Paul and Rand support killing American soldiers.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Or cyberattacks. Maybe the regime will target RPF
    Probably by sending trolls to say our soldiers deserve to be killed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    No.

You don't seem to understand blowback. Trump may have just killed millions by killing one.
    Or he might have killed millions by not killing one terrorist who has killed many Americans already and who was trying to provoke a major war.

2:15: We took action last night to stop a war, we did not take action to start a war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I like how all the trolls saying our soldiers deserved to die aren't banned.

If any conservatives come here we want to give them the impression that Ron Paul and Rand support killing American soldiers.

Sarcasm is a bannable offense you should edit that post.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Both of you are saying Soleimani fought against ISIS. Is this info sourced online somewhere?
    Hezbollah (Lebanon) is aligned with Iran and receives material and leadership support form them. When things heated up with crazed jihadists in Syria, Hezbollah (right next door) entered the fight to protect Lebanon and there were Iranian military advisers there, as well. From there it spread to Iraq, as ISIS did. I don't think the Russians have gotten involved in Iraq, though they've been essential in Syria. The Kurds extend from Iran to Turkey and have fought ISIS all over. Without Iran, I doubt ISIS could have been run out of Iraq and, I would think, there's a great danger of them coming back from the dead because they aren't really dead but just temporarily defeated.

-GLP poster

Sarcasm is a bannable offense you should edit that post.
    I used the sarcasm tag so I should be safe.

But anyone expressing sarcasm without properly labeling it will be perma-banned it seems.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It IS a war. In Iraq. Has been since the US invaded. It may ebb and flow but it's a war, nevertheless.
    We didn't invade Iran.
    If this is a war then Iran started it and Trump is just defending our troops from an aggressor.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm not making excuses for Iran. I'm telling it like it is. When any country decides to play empire, anyone else can and might attack them and are are no more out of line than the US is who never should have invaded Iraq in the first place.
    So you are saying that Iran IS JUST AS out of line as the US?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hezbollah (Lebanon) is aligned with Iran and receives material and leadership support form them. When things heated up with crazed jihadists in Syria, Hezbollah (right next door) entered the fight to protect Lebanon and there were Iranian military advisers there, as well. From there it spread to Iraq, as ISIS did. I don't think the Russians have gotten involved in Iraq, though they've been essential in Syria. The Kurds extend from Iran to Turkey and have fought ISIS all over. Without Iran, I doubt ISIS could have been run out of Iraq and, I would think, there's a great danger of them coming back from the dead because they aren't really dead but just temporarily defeated.
    Maybe if Michelle Obama runs for president we can make ISIS great again.

New strike.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No they don't. Try again. Unless those thousands of Americans are ISIS members, then yes, Iran is guilty of killing American ISIS members which made Trump mad.
    Throughout the US invasion in Iraq, Iran has backed anti US factions. In that way, yes, they've contributed to deaths and injuries of US personnel who should never have been there anyway. Iran is no more out of line than the US is. Iran DID have legitimate and compelling interest in foiling the invasion as they are next door and their own security threatened. The US has zero legitimate or compelling interests other than playing empire.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Swordshill would be calling for all the American troops (except himself) to be sent to a "War zone" to defend our honor.
    That's a nice little bit of slander accompanying an insult and it is completely unsupported by my posting record.
    @JoshLowry, is this post by Todd as bad as SimmerDown's sarcasm?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    New strike.

That should teach them not to try to attack us in a way designed to force Trump's hand to start a war with Iran.
    Trump now needs to start getting us out.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They do admit to being allys with groups that commit acts of terror in the middle east. Show me a source that refutes this.
    It's up to you to prove your own assertions.

You're calling people defending themselves from outside aggressors (the US and UK) and crazed jihadist butchers, "terrorists".

-GLP poster

That should teach them not to try to attack us in a way designed to force Trump's hand to start a war with Iran.
    It seems you guys haven't learned anything from 2004/2006. And you trump backers are proving to be quite the NeoCons now.... You should stop blaming the Obama for everything.

What Obama admin had was much better then Trump manchild.

Good luck with that one now. You guys started first blow not Iran or the Shia minorities in Iraq. Hopefully after this conflict hopefully America will come back to being a normal nation once more? and start apologizing to countries they attacked and bombed?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    It seems you guys haven't learned anything from 2004/2006. And you trump backers are proving to be quite the NeoCons now.... You should stop blaming the Obama for everything.

What Obama admin had was much better then Trump manchild.
    That's too irrational to bother debating.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Good luck with that one now. You guys started first blow not Iran or the Shia minorities in Iraq. Hopefully after this conflict hopefully America will come back to being a normal nation once more? and start apologizing to countries they attacked and bombed?
    Let me know when every other country apologizes to every other country they ever fought with.

We will come home and Trump just kept us from being backed into a new war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's up to you to prove your own assertions.

You're calling people defending themselves from outside aggressors (the US and UK) and crazed jihadist butchers, "terrorists".
    Iran was not defending themselves from anything.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One things for sure, the Neocons are all happy that this happened. They've been wanting a war with Iran for years and perhaps they might end up getting their wish.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...ttack-n1110081

U.S. to send 3,000 troops to Middle East after embassy attack, Soleimani killing

WASHINGTON — The United States is sending approximately 3,000 soldiers to the Middle East after thousands of people stormed the compound of the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, three U.S. defense officials and one U.S. military official confirmed to NBC News on Friday.

The news came hours after an American airstrike killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the commander of Iran's secretive Quds Force and one of the country's most powerful figures, but U.S. defense officials said the deployments were not in response to the strike.

The deployment of additional soldiers from a brigade of the 82nd Airborne Division, based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, comes after thousands of people, most of them affiliated with the Iran-backed Shiite militia group Kataeb Hezbollah, descended on the embassy compound Tuesday.

The soldiers will join roughly 650 others already deployed to the region and stay there for some 60 days, the officials said. The immediate response force will be spread throughout the region, with some soldiers in Iraq and others in Kuwait.

"As previously announced, the Immediate Response Force (IRF) brigade of the 82nd Airborne Division was alerted to prepare for deployment, and are now being deployed," the Pentagon said in a statement.

"The brigade will deploy to Kuwait as an appropriate and precautionary action in response to increased threat levels against U.S. personnel and facilities, and will assist in reconstituting the reserve."

U.S. and Iraqi officials said the attack on the embassy compound began as a large crowd gathered after funerals for some of those who were killed in U.S. airstrikes Sunday.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast