Thread: Taiwan heating up

Taiwan heating up

52 PRC warplanes breach Taiwanese airspace today
    Taiwanese FM tells Australia Broadcasting on live air they are preparing for war
    and want Aussie help.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...la-jets-toward

Recent US drills out of Okinawa cited by China as reason for war preps
    Taiwan says PRC is ready to attack US fleet based in Okinawa
    https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ne-2021-10-04/

The fly-bys of Chinese aircraft come as tensions rise between Beijing and Washington - one of the island's main allies - over the regular US "freedom of navigation missions" carried out in the Taiwan Strait without China's consent. Beijing cautioned the White House against continuing to send warships to the region since such actions might provoke an incident and possibly an armed confrontation between the two countries' navies.

https://sputniknews.com/20211004/tai...089653796.html

Russia Says AUKUS Threatens Nuclear Non-Proliferation
    Moscow is also concerned over the UK's plans to expand its nuclear arsenal

https://news.antiwar.com/2021/10/01/...proliferation/

US, British Surveillance Planes Circle Kaliningrad
    Officials are making no secret of targeting Russian exclave

https://news.antiwar.com/2021/10/03/...e-kaliningrad/

Will PRC act on Taiwan before Australia gets nukes? Will the U.S. go to war against China over Taiwan?
    Last edited by Snowball; 10-04-2021 at 10:55 AM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    is this b/c Xiden is a turnip?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I always wondered how China managed to hold onto Taiwan for this long. Did the CCP not have boats?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

It is a Chinese island. The people are Chinese.

No sane American should care if Taiwan is held by China.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

Is this sarcasm ? Why should no one care ? There's a difference between sending in the military and caring about something.
    Last time I checked, caring about the wellbeing of others is still a virtue. Especially when these people are trying to stay away from oppression as much as possible. I know some Taiwanese people, I can ask them if they feel Chinese, if you want to... ?
    "I am a bird"

Taiwan is what's left of the actual Chinese government. The People's Republic of China are the rebels that took over mainland China. Taiwan is their last holdout.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Is this sarcasm ?
    Unfortunately not.

He would care, if they were taller, had rounder eyes and were susceptible to sunburn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Is this sarcasm ? Why should no one care ? There's a difference between sending in the military and caring about something.
    Last time I checked, caring about the wellbeing of others is still a virtue. Especially when these people are trying to stay away from oppression as much as possible. I know some Taiwanese people, I can ask them if they feel Chinese, if you want to... ?
    Do you support the militarization of Taiwan, nuclear Australia, AUKUS, South Korea forces, and the US fleet in the Taiwan Strait ?
    It's on the coast of China. The people are Chinese. I sympathize, but China cannot allow Taiwan to become another South Korea.
    Look at it for a moment from their perspective. China and Russia are marked for elimination. The NWO wants the whole world, you know.
    Everything that could possibly oppose them is marked for destruction and regime change.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you support the militarization of Taiwan, nuclear Australia, AUKUS, South Korea forces, and the US fleet in the Taiwan Strait ?
    It's on the coast of China. The people are Chinese. I sympathize, but China cannot allow Taiwan to become another South Korea.
    Look at it for a moment from their perspective. China and Russia are marked for elimination. The NWO wants the whole world, you know.
    Everything that could possibly oppose them is marked for destruction and regime change.
    You seem not to have gotten the "Chicoms Own Biden" memo.

Somehow people seem to think China is not a threat to America and we can all just all sing kumbaya.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Somehow people seem to think China is not a threat to America and we can all just all sing kumbaya.
    Was Kennedy justified in blockading Cuba in 1961?

If our government did something to trigger this, we'll probably never be told.

Any way you slice it, Peking is not as big a threat to me as Washington. It isn't even close. Something enemy of my enemy something something.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-04-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Was Kennedy justified in blockading Cuba in 1961?

If our government did something to trigger this, we'll probably never be told.

Any way you slice it, Peking is not as big a threat to me as Washington. It isn't even close. Something enemy of my enemy something something.
    Yeah, but Washington in cahoots with Peking should absolutely $#@!ing terrify you.

Actually the indigenous Taiwanese are no more Chinese than Japanese are Chinese. I worked with someone from Taiwan years ago.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Ummm...if China was marked for elimination by the NWO, why did the NWO shut down U.S. manufacturing and send it to China?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Amen

China is probably just $#@!ing with Biden becasue they perceive him as weak. I don't think anything will come of it. But if China did try to take Taiwan, I do believe Biden would just let them. Taiwan lost the civil war and has been propped up for a long time, the current status quo might not last forver. The biggest issue is probably semi-conductors, Taiwan is the largest producer of them and there is a global shortage. Is it in US interests to let the Chinese corner the market?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Filter
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummm...if China was marked for elimination by the NWO, why did the NWO shut down U.S. manufacturing and send it to China?
    They didn't "shut down U.S. manufacturing". There was still plenty of domestic manufacturing in the '90s and even to today, of course there is LESS, but if you look at what industries were outsourced, not only to China, but to Japan and Mexico, more recently all Southeast Asia, it's consumer products.

Why ? Because they are international capitalists. They convinced "conservatives" in the U.S. to vote for George Bush, meanwhile Clinton also supported the same agenda. Both are either Skull & Bones, or were chosen by Skull & Bones (Harriman funded Clinton's early career) This obsession their bosses have with making billions of dollars for themselves at the expense of the working class has other motives also, which you are seeing unfold today in the guise of worker shortages, expanded welfare and the total de-localization of commerce. It's part of their dependency agenda. They thought they would lure China into becoming like us. It worked to some extent but failed when Xi began rejecting their wishes. That is why China in the last 20-30 years, not unlike Russia, has gone from being lauded and celebrated to being BAD BAD BAD. Why they demonize Russia and China, for daring to act as sovereigns instead of vassals. Rejecting the unipolarity.

China is marked for assimilation into the Rothschild form banking system, as is the whole planet. Any state that maintains exceptionalism and state controls is marked for regime change. This morning I heard Glenn Beck blather on against China, you know one of his biggest complaints was that they banned cryptocurrencies. China says the electrical cost to transact one BTC is the same amount of electrical power the average Chinese household consumes in a year. Understand, cryptocurrencies are run by the same people - and were created by the same people who are the NWO.

I am not a big fan of China. Still, I wouldn't approve of American military conflict against China over Taiwan. You have to look at it from their perspective, same with Russia. These two nations are the last remaining opposition to total world hegemony of the same group which is the ultimate goal of the NWO. The reason they have progressed in the United States is that there are so few of us who are wise to their machinations and deceptions. So very few.
    Last edited by Snowball; 10-05-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Source for both of these statements?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Source for both of these statements?
    It's words and how you interpret them. The people however, generally, do not wish to associate themselves with CCP China.
    "I am a bird"

It's words and how you interpret them. The people however, generally, do not wish to associate themselves with CCP China.
    That has been my observation. The Taiwanese people I've known fairly well definitely considered themselves Taiwanese and not Chinese and did not consider Taiwan part of China. I've known Chinese people who were not Taiwanese who thought differently, but they never seemed to have any objective basis for that. It would make as much sense for Americans to decree that Canada is really part of the USA regardless of the two distinct political jurisdictions that actually exist in practice.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    That has been my observation. The Taiwanese people I've known fairly well definitely considered themselves Taiwanese and not Chinese and did not consider Taiwan part of China. I've known Chinese people who were not Taiwanese who thought differently, but they never seemed to have any objective basis for that. It would make as much sense for Americans to decree that Canada is really part of the USA regardless of the two distinct political jurisdictions that actually exist in practice.
    For some strange reason most Chinese people will agree on historical and political subjects when you ask them.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Taiwan is what's left of the actual Chinese government. The People's Republic of China are the rebels that took over mainland China. Taiwan is their last holdout.
    ^^Yep, basically they had set up a Chinese Government until the Communist Party of Mao took over and they fled/moved to Taiwan.^^

Chiang Kai-shek's Republic of China (ROC) government, which fled the mainland to Taiwan in 1949, at first claimed to represent the whole of China, which it intended to re-occupy. It held China's seat on the United Nations Security Council and was recognised by many Western nations as the only Chinese government.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-...e%20government.

From the 17th Century, significant numbers of migrants started arriving from China, often fleeing turmoil or hardship. Most were Hoklo Chinese from Fujian (Fukien) province or Hakka Chinese, largely from Guangdong. The descendants of these two migrations are now by far the largest demographic groups on the island.

In 1895, Japan won the First Sino-Japanese War, and the Qing government had to cede Taiwan to Japan. After World War Two, Japan surrendered and relinquished control of territory it had taken from China. The Republic of China - one of the victors in the war - began ruling Taiwan with the consent of its allies, the US and UK.

But in the next few years a civil war broke out in China, and the then-leader Chiang Kai-shek's troops were beaten back by Mao Zedong's Communist armies.

Chiang and the remnants of his Kuomintang (KMT) government fled to Taiwan in 1949. This group, referred to as Mainland Chinese and then making up 1.5m people, dominated Taiwan's politics for many years - even though they only account for 14% of the population.

Having inherited an effective dictatorship, facing resistance from local people resentful of authoritarian rule and under pressure from a growing democracy movement, Chiang's son, Chiang Ching-kuo, began allowing a process of democratisation.

President Lee Teng-hui, known as Taiwan's "father of democracy", led constitutional changes towards a more democratic political layout, which eventually led to the election of the island's first non-KMT president, Chen Shui-bian, in 2000.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

https://news.antiwar.com/2021/10/05/...ds-from-china/

Biden vows to defend uninhabited islands of the East China Sea (that are twice as close to China as to Japan)
    from "Chinese Aggression".

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They didn't "shut down U.S. manufacturing". There was still plenty of domestic manufacturing in the '90s and even to today, of course there is LESS, but if you look at what industries were outsourced, not only to China, but to Japan and Mexico, more recently all Southeast Asia, it's consumer products.

Why ? Because they are international capitalists. They convinced "conservatives" in the U.S. to vote for George Bush, meanwhile Clinton also supported the same agenda. Both are either Skull & Bones, or were chosen by Skull & Bones (Harriman funded Clinton's early career) This obsession their bosses have with making billions of dollars for themselves at the expense of the working class has other motives also, which you are seeing unfold today in the guise of worker shortages, expanded welfare and the total de-localization of commerce. It's part of their dependency agenda. They thought they would lure China into becoming like us. It worked to some extent but failed when Xi began rejecting their wishes. That is why China in the last 20-30 years, not unlike Russia, has gone from being lauded and celebrated to being BAD BAD BAD. Why they demonize Russia and China, for daring to act as sovereigns instead of vassals. Rejecting the unipolarity.

China is marked for assimilation into the Rothschild form banking system, as is the whole planet. Any state that maintains exceptionalism and state controls is marked for regime change. This morning I heard Glenn Beck blather on against China, you know one of his biggest complaints was that they banned cryptocurrencies. China says the electrical cost to transact one BTC is the same amount of electrical power the average Chinese household consumes in a year. Understand, cryptocurrencies are run by the same people - and were created by the same people who are the NWO.

I am not a big fan of China. Still, I wouldn't approve of American military conflict against China over Taiwan. You have to look at it from their perspective, same with Russia. These two nations are the last remaining opposition to total world hegemony of the same group which is the ultimate goal of the NWO. The reason they have progressed in the United States is that there are so few of us who are wise to their machinations and deceptions. So very few.
    Quibble over minutia if you want. Much of U.S. manufacturing has been shut own. Yes it wasn't completely shut own, but I didn't say it was "completely" either. You bring up Bush and the Skull and Bones. That's part of the NWO. And Bush pushed normalizing relations with China. So the idea that the NWO is out to destroy China is a fallacy. Some members? Maybe.

As for do I want war with China? Straw man. I never said I did. I also don't want China to invade Taiwan. Taiwan is NOT a "rogue province" of China. Just because I don't parrot communist Chinese propaganda doesn't mean I want war with China any more then the fact that I see the Taliban as a bunch of brutal thugs and I don't support their imposition of sharia law on Afgans who don't want it doesn't mean I support re-invading Afghanistan. What to do about Taiwan exactly? I don't know. But parrotting Chinese propaganda and lies about Taiwan certainly is NOT the answer. I think encouraging Japan to build up her own military as a counterbalance to China is a good thing. The Japanese showed in WW II they are capable of kicking butt. And unlike China, Japan has adopted western values.

https://news.antiwar.com/2021/10/05/...ds-from-china/

Biden vows to defend uninhabited islands of the East China Sea (that are twice as close to China as to Japan)
    from "Chinese Aggression".
    Yeah....Biden sucks. But as you say, those islands are uninhabited. That's far different from Taiwan which has a non-Chinese indigenous population going back thousands of years. And if Japan wants to defend those islands....that should be on Japan. It's time to tell the Japanese to beef up their military.

Lawmakers: End ‘strategic ambiguity’ toward Taiwan
    https://www.politico.com/newsletters...-taiwan-494626
    Quint Forgey & Alexander Ward (07 October 2021)

POLITICO held its first-ever Defense Forum today, which quickly turned into a news-filled event across three separate panels — especially when it came to Taiwan.

Two lawmakers on key national security committees — one a Republican in the Senate, the other a Democrat in the House — called on the Biden administration to abandon the longtime American policy of strategic ambiguity toward Taiwan and make clear that the United States would defend the island nation should China launch an attack in the near future.

[...]

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    (together - and with a little help from Lockheed Martin and friends ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-09-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Lawmakers: End ‘strategic ambiguity’ toward Taiwan
    https://www.politico.com/newsletters...-taiwan-494626
    Quint Forgey & Alexander Ward (07 October 2021)

POLITICO held its first-ever Defense Forum today, which quickly turned into a news-filled event across three separate panels — especially when it came to Taiwan.

Two lawmakers on key national security committees — one a Republican in the Senate, the other a Democrat in the House — called on the Biden administration to abandon the longtime American policy of strategic ambiguity toward Taiwan and make clear that the United States would defend the island nation should China launch an attack in the near future.

[...]
    As you probably know, but most Americans do not, and the media isn't going to tell them, the United States in 1979 recognized Taiwan as part of China.

To this day, these are the countries that recognize Taiwan independence:

Vatican City, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Eswatini, Belize, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Palau, Tuvalu, Nauru, Vatican City.

As you probably know, but most Americans do not, and the media isn't going to tell them, the United States in 1979 recognized Taiwan as part of China.

To this day, these are the countries that recognize Taiwan independence:

Vatican City, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Eswatini, Belize, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Palau, Tuvalu, Nauru, Vatican City.

Wikileaks revealed that the current Taiwanese President was groomed by the U.S. government since 2005 and later became the leader of the DPP (current party in government). A path was already paved for her to where she is now.

Taiwanese independence sounds nice but the people in Taiwan nor the Taiwanese government have any means of upholding that. A lot of young people in Taiwan support independence but when asked whether they'll take up arms and defend against the PLA, they would rather rely on the U.S. Ironically, a lot of independence supporters dislike their own military. Taiwan is another Afghanistan in the making and Pres Tsai is the next Pres Ghani.