Thread: Bernie Kunkel leaves Rand Paul's staff to join Matt Bevin's campaign team against McConnell

Bernie Kunkel leaves Rand Paul's staff to join Matt Bevin's campaign team against McConnell

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Great news! Hats off to Bernie for sticking his neck out there. My understanding is he has been a friend of the Paul family for many years, and he was absolutely instrumental in getting Rand elected. It's happening!!!
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Bad news for Mitch McConnell

Fantastic news! Perhaps the hardest worker Rand Paul had while running for Senate will now be working for Mitch's opponent, Matt Bevin.

http://mycn2.com/politics/bernie-kun...inst-mcconnell

Kunkel is from Massie's district.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Kunkel is from Massie's district.

Yes, Bernie Kunkel is from northern Kentucky, a hotbed for Constitutional Conservatives. i.e. Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Thomas Massie and now Matt Bevin.
    Tip of my hat to Mr. Kunkel. I believe that says a lot about a person, that he would leave a steady position with Rand to work for a candidate.
    Last edited by samforpaul; 01-26-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samforpaul View Post
    Yes, Bernie Kunkel is from northern Kentucky, a hotbed for Constitutional Conservatives. i.e. Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Thomas Massie and now Matt Bevin.
    Tip of my hat to Mr. Kunkel. I believe that says a lot about a person, that he would leave a steady position with Rand to work for a candidate.
    Yes, he's been unwavering in his dedication to liberty. It also says a lot about how serious the race is becoming.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

*sigh*

You will have to add Rand Paul to the staff to make any difference in this race. The most recent poll had Mitch with 53% of GOP Primary voters and 21% undecided. Even if Bevin wins 2/3rds of those Mitch will when by a good 20+ points. This is a race that is a waste of $ and time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    *sigh*

You will have to add Rand Paul to the staff to make any difference in this race. The most recent poll had Mitch with 53% of GOP Primary voters and 21% undecided. Even if Bevin wins 2/3rds of those Mitch will when by a good 20+ points. This is a race that is a waste of $ and time.
    I find it amazing that 53% of the GOP KY voters are still completely brain dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    I find it amazing that 53% of the GOP KY voters are still completely brain dead.
    I'm even more amazed that the rest of the GOP believes some business owner from New England who stands with Blumenthal, lies about his education and takes Govt. bail outs is the answer. Let alone, waste time campaigning for this inevitable loser.

I'm even more amazed that the rest of the GOP believes some business owner from New England who stands with Blumenthal, lies about his education and takes Govt. bail outs is the answer. Let alone, waste time campaigning for this inevitable loser.
    Drink the KoolAid much?

Are you on Mitch's payroll this time?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Drink the KoolAid much?

Drink Kool-Aid? Facts are facts. The dude sucks and has no chance. I know you give zero $#@!s about Kentucky. I do and believe the liberty movement wastes time with lame sign waves and doing work for BIG SEAT races. Just a bunch of seat of power jock sniffers. Meanwhile forgetting the state house and senate races as well as county and city races.

Put down the signs, stop with all the "Beat Mitch" $#@!. Go and file for city, county or state races if you live in Kentucky. 52 House incumbents have neither a primary nor general election challenger. That is a damn shame and people want to say "We are moving in the right direction." My ass.
    Last edited by BamaFanNKy; 01-27-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Drink the KoolAid much?

Double post.

Bama is bringing all the talking points from Marc Carey's blog.

Drink Kool-Aid? Facts are facts.
    They may be embellished a bit. But even if they're not, McConnell's voting record would still justify his electoral loss to someone who may be far from perfect.

The only reason to bother keeping him around is due to strategic reasons in 2016 where he might be useful.

The dude sucks and has no chance.
    Yes, and lots of people said the same thing about Rand when he was starting out.

I do and believe the liberty movement wastes time .... doing work for BIG SEAT races.
    Yeah, a good thing we didn't all follow your line of thinking in March of 2009.

Meanwhile forgetting the state house and senate races as well as county and city races.
    Valid point, these are the most important races. However, if there is an opportunity to take out one of the big dogs, it should be attempted even if electoral victory isn't the final outcome. Causing pain to stale incumbents is necessary too.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Bama is bringing all the talking points from Marc Carey's blog.
    Which is exactly why I called him out on his kool-aid drinking. That don't fly here...

If he wants to make an argument that Mitch should be protected because he is strategically useful in 2016, it's a valid argument. If he wants to say Bevin is less than perfect, that is a valid argument. But reciting talking points shows a lack of depth, or a shoveling of BS. Given the fact that he's not an idiot, I am thinking it's the latter.

And notice BamaFan never answered my question as to whether or not he was on McConnell's payroll (or the payroll of anyone supporting him / contracting in the race)?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They may be embellished a bit. But even if they're not, McConnell's voting record would still justify his electoral loss to someone who may be far from perfect.

The only reason to bother keeping him around is due to strategic reasons in 2016 where he might be useful.

Yes, and lots of people said the same thing about Rand when he was starting out.

Yeah, a good thing we didn't all follow your line of thinking in March of 2009.

Valid point, these are the most important races. However, if there is an opportunity to take out one of the big dogs, it should be attempted even if electoral victory isn't the final outcome. Causing pain to stale incumbents is necessary too.
    Comparing Rand Paul to Matt Bevin is a HUGE stretch. Rand was smart enough not to take on an well funded incumbent as well. He waited till Bunning announced retirement. If you are going to run against the Senior Senator who is a minority leader, make sure the dude doesn't have Bevin's flawed history.

I am not opposed to voting against Mitch. It's why I will vote Gurley L. Martin.

Which is exactly why I called him out on his kool-aid drinking. That don't fly here...

If he wants to make an argument that Mitch should be protected because he is strategically useful in 2016, it's a valid argument. If he wants to say Bevin is less than perfect, that is a valid argument. But reciting talking points shows a lack of depth, or a shoveling of BS. Given the fact that he's not an idiot, I am thinking it's the latter.

And notice BamaFan never answered my question as to whether or not he was on McConnell's payroll (or the payroll of anyone supporting him / contracting in the race)?
    Two things, Myself and Marcus Carey have been public about not liking each other. He got mad when I brought up him killing someone when he was being a bitch to Thomas Massie.

I did answer your question in my OP but deleted it because I went pretty mean towards you. Matt, the truth is I have not taken a penny from a candidate since 2000. I've been offered to a job since by many but, refuse to make it my job to defend or promote a candidate. That said, I was contacted early on by Jesse and others to speak for McConnell and my exact quote was, "Hell No." I like Jesse. Unlike most on here I get along with him and have no issues. Disagreements, sure. I also have those with Rand and others. I just refuse to back the lesser of two evils in this race. Yes, I believe Bevin is an evil. He reminds me of Santorum. All talk, big government loving social con.

Oddly, I am on all candidates and current state legislatures Press Release email blasts from my defunct website. Here is what Mitch just sent: http://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/publ...0-a0b7b59a8f1f

I am not opposed to voting against Mitch. It's why I will vote Gurley L. Martin.
    LOLz... nice.... but wouldn't you say that would be "wasting your vote"?

Matt, the truth is I have not taken a penny from a candidate since 2000. I've been offered to a job since by many but, refuse to make it my job to defend or promote a candidate. That said, I was contacted early on by Jesse and others to speak for McConnell and my exact quote was, "Hell No." I like Jesse. Unlike most on here I get along with him and have no issues. Disagreements, sure. I also have those with Rand and others. I just refuse to back the lesser of two evils in this race. Yes, I believe Bevin is an evil. He reminds me of Santorum. All talk, big government loving social con.
    Fair enough. I wish you had simply written that to begin with so that you didn't come across as some sort of Mitch shill.

LOLz... nice.... but wouldn't you say that would be "wasting your vote"?

Fair enough. I wish you had simply written that to begin with so that you didn't come across as some sort of Mitch shill.
    Because, I've said this since he announced almost a year ago.

I don't look at voting as a game or a waste. Voting is the end result. I see sign waves a waste, working for unwinnable candidates a waste. Never casting a protest vote a waste.

Marc Carey is definitely McConnell's paid bitch. He grovels on his blog.

I say we come up with a new video: What Rhymes With Mitch?

53-31 and rising. intriguing. That Democrat woman is rising too however. How good is Bevin?
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I say we come up with a new video: What Rhymes With Mitch?
    Ummm ... lessee ... uh ... ooh! I know! Eldritch!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by juvanya View Post
    53-31 and rising. intriguing. That Democrat woman is rising too however. How good is Bevin?
    Green when it comes to campaigning. Sorry to say but, people will rule his New England accent as a "Carpet Bagger" and he really has not said what HE'S FOR strongly enough to matter.

This is from PPP December 17th and this was the GOP response to Bevin.

Q2 Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion
    of Matt Bevin?
    Favorable......................................... ............... 14%
    Unfavorable .................................................. .. 25%
    Not sure .................................................. ........ 61%

The guy has been in the race over 6 months and 25% do not like and 61 don't know about you..... there are issues he can't overcome. Not to mention Mitch already has 50+ percent of GOPers.