Thread: Morris Dees running rampant

Morris Dees running rampant

From Drudge;

SPLC Warns of 'Turmoil and Bloodshed' With New Map Identifying Confederate Monuments, Cities, MIDDLE SCHOOLS

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/08...iddle-schools/

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), a far-left outfit that labels mainstream conservative organizations "hate groups" and whose "hate map" inspired a terrorist attack in 2012, has released a map of every Confederate monument in America. But the map does not just include statues: it also lists towns, cities, counties, and even middle schools that bear the names of Confederate generals.

"More than 1,500 Confederate monuments stand in communities like Charlottesville with the potential to unleash more turmoil and bloodshed," the SPLC posted with the map (emphasis added). "It's time to take them down" (emphasis original).

The post urges visitors to send a letter to the editor of their local newspaper. "White supremacists incited deadly violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last week in defense of a Confederate monument. We must show the country that [your city's or county's name] gives no safe harbor to such hatred. We must remove the monument at [location]," the sample letter read.

"If our government continues to pay homage to the Confederacy, people of color can never be sure they will be treated fairly," the letter continued. "And we will never solve our community's problems if an entire group of citizens is alienated or feels targeted for discrimination."

As is often the case when the SPLC takes up a cause, this issue is far from clear cut. An NPR/PBS News/Marist poll found that 62 percent of Americans supported leaving "statues honoring leaders of the Confederacy" standing. At the same time, 86 percent of those in the poll said they disagreed with white supremacy and 73 percent said they disagreed with white nationalists.

Even African Americans favored keeping the statues (44 percent to 40 percent). Indeed, a group in Dallas organized to protect Confederate statues — and the members are mostly African-American.

"I'm not intimidated by Robert E. Lee's statue. I'm not intimidated by it. It doesn't scare me," former city council member Sandra Crenshaw, a black woman, told CBS Dallas-Fort Worth. "We don't want America to think that all African Americans are supportive of" removing the statues. She denounced as "misguided" the idea that "by taking a statue down, that's going to erase racism."

But the SPLC not only encourages this "misguided" idea, it warns of "more turmoil and bloodshed" unless the statues are removed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are people really stupid enough to believe statues unleash turmoil and bloodshed? Are we now back in the dark ages?
    "The Patriarch"

Call my congressman Warren Davidson this morning.
    talked to his secretary, she did not even know what the splc was . had never heard of it

boy we are we in trouble
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    talked to his secretary, she did not even know what the splc was . had never heard of it

boy we are we in trouble
    How hard is it to establish the ownership of the dick you are being $#@!ed with?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post

boy we are we in trouble
    Oh that's bull$#@!.

Really?

$#@! right we're in trouble, if that functionary is telling the truth.

WTF do these people live under a political rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh that's bull$#@!.

Really?

Plausible deniability - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plausible_deniability

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh that's bull$#@!.

Really?

inorite?

isnt it their JOB TO KNOW ?

what is it you'd say...ya DO here?

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    I think somebody once said that, on the whole, the best partisans are lawyers. They make imposing intellectuals and affectionate persuaders, which are essential if your cause needs the masses believing in their victimhood. Lawyers also have contacts in universities, government, and business, so they can navigate the elite circles, as well as cut pragmatic deals.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    From Drudge;

SPLC Warns of 'Turmoil and Bloodshed' With New Map Identifying Confederate Monuments, Cities, MIDDLE SCHOOLS

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/08...iddle-schools/

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), a far-left outfit that labels mainstream conservative organizations "hate groups" and whose "hate map" inspired a terrorist attack in 2012, has released a map of every Confederate monument in America. But the map does not just include statues: it also lists towns, cities, counties, and even middle schools that bear the names of Confederate generals.

"More than 1,500 Confederate monuments stand in communities like Charlottesville with the potential to unleash more turmoil and bloodshed," the SPLC posted with the map (emphasis added). "It's time to take them down" (emphasis original).

The post urges visitors to send a letter to the editor of their local newspaper. "White supremacists incited deadly violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last week in defense of a Confederate monument. We must show the country that [your city's or county's name] gives no safe harbor to such hatred. We must remove the monument at [location]," the sample letter read.

"If our government continues to pay homage to the Confederacy, people of color can never be sure they will be treated fairly," the letter continued. "And we will never solve our community's problems if an entire group of citizens is alienated or feels targeted for discrimination."

As is often the case when the SPLC takes up a cause, this issue is far from clear cut. An NPR/PBS News/Marist poll found that 62 percent of Americans supported leaving "statues honoring leaders of the Confederacy" standing. At the same time, 86 percent of those in the poll said they disagreed with white supremacy and 73 percent said they disagreed with white nationalists.

Even African Americans favored keeping the statues (44 percent to 40 percent). Indeed, a group in Dallas organized to protect Confederate statues — and the members are mostly African-American.

"I'm not intimidated by Robert E. Lee's statue. I'm not intimidated by it. It doesn't scare me," former city council member Sandra Crenshaw, a black woman, told CBS Dallas-Fort Worth. "We don't want America to think that all African Americans are supportive of" removing the statues. She denounced as "misguided" the idea that "by taking a statue down, that's going to erase racism."

But the SPLC not only encourages this "misguided" idea, it warns of "more turmoil and bloodshed" unless the statues are removed.
    A true charlatan. This is all about fundraising. Which Hollywood sucker will donate a million dollars next?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    A true charlatan. This is all about fundraising. Which Hollywood sucker will donate a million dollars next?
    A million bucks is a small price to pay to avoid being labelled as a white supremacist.

They must think people of color are stupid, do SPLC even talk to blacks, let alone leave their offices? Robert E Lee isn't shooting blacks, taking their pay checks, or building walls. Last I checked, he's dead.