Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: **The Official** Republican Convention thread

C-SPAN's Washington Journal show this morning is interviewing RNC delegates and someone from the rules committee.

What a mess, what a shame. Both national delegates interviewed stated on live tv that they would not be voting for Trump in November. Ha!

Rules Committee special counsel will vote for Trump, based on potential for SCOTUS nominations.

The RNC and the media have gift-wrapped this election for Hillary Clinton, and the convention is a nice shiny bow.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    >believing anything said on /pol/ ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The Cruz people are literally DERANGED. Abstaining would be one thing, but Hillary?

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2016/07/...yell-cruzlims/
    "3 CRUZLIMS: We’re voting for Hillary." At least they admit they are voting for Hillary.

People here are vowing to boo Ted Cruz when he speaks. They blame him for not reigning in his Cruzlims.
    Good, I hope they do.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I hope Trump wins. Hillary is too weak

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, that ought to concern you...

I can guarantee you this: Rudy would not be giving this speech at a Ron Paul nominating convention.

Geez, that guy is scary!
    Same as it ever was:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

If I asked you what a potential first lady was going to say in her speech, you'd have an easy time coming up with a list, and you'd be right for pretty much every speech recent enough to be picked at. My husband's more than a candidate; he's also so wonderful, so caring, such a good father. He keeps his word. He wants to make the world a better place for his family. He's going to be amazing as President. blah blah blah blah

The word for word part mostly finds its roots in every speech writer using the same dumb phrases. It's along the same line as how most resumes use vague, interchangeable bullet points. Did you know almost everyone is organized? Motivated? A self-starter?

I know the initial claim is that she wrote the speech herself, but that seems unlikely. It isn't that she's stupid --- she's actually highly intelligent, imo --- but that speeches like this seldom get released without going through the wringer and being scrutinized by "professionals." Now they can add running the speech through a plagiarism detection algorithm to their list as well.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

They are announcing the votes from the podium before the states chair can even vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    They are announcing the votes from the podium before the states chair can even vote.
    Some of them were going to try to abstain.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Utah's chair says he won't vote Trump.

I've never seen them do that before. That's new. They are also not recognizing the other candidates votes.

edit: well they just recognized some Cruz votes.
    Last edited by Dary; 07-19-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Lawrence Ross ‏@alpha1906 3m3 minutes ago

#RNCinCLE I’m from Los Angeles. Born and raised. I know every black person in LA. Sister, you are not from Los Angeles.

https://twitter.com/alpha1906/status/755527854813622273

Colorado: 31 Cruz, 2 abstain, 4 for Trump

Well this time, the secretary announced Cruz's votes.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DC: 10 for Rubio, 9 for Kasich

Secretary says 19 for Trump. Crowd boos

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Lawrence Ross ‏@alpha1906 3m3 minutes ago

#RNCinCLE I’m from Los Angeles. Born and raised. I know every black person in LA. Sister, you are not from Los Angeles.

https://twitter.com/alpha1906/status/755527854813622273
    She was quite enthusiast. This guy knows every black person in LA? Very impressive. He must throw some big parties.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They didn't recognize Kasich's votes.

So it looks like they are counting bound and unbound votes for other candidates. They didn't do that at all in 2012, I'm guessing the extra scrutiny this time paid off.

They didn't recognize Kasich's votes.
    Interesting to see what they will do when Ohio comes up.

Anyone have a free live stream of this?

- ML

The announcers on stage can't do anything without consulting with the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post

- ML
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_lpyG-ddec

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

- ML
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_lpyG-ddec
    https://www.twitch.tv/gopconvention

They are saying Iowa has 30 bound delegates...

Iowa 30 Trump, that's bull$#@!.

I don't understand the point of all of this. If the chair is going to tell the states what their votes are, why do the states have to announce the vote?

KY delegation 17 Trump, 7 Rubio, 7 Kasich, 15 Cruz

Maine delegation looks like they are seated up in the rafters.

LOL both Missouri and Kansas claim the KC Royals (yes, there are KC's in both states).

I wonder why Michigan passed.

I don't understand the point of all of this. If the chair is going to tell the states what their votes are, why do the states have to announce the vote?
    pomp and ceremony
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder why Michigan passed.
    Majority abstention, most likely. Or possibly some states are going out of order for a certain state like NY to cast the votes to put him over the majority.

- ML
    Here you go.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast