Thread: Jeff Deist's Postmortem Analysis Of The 2016 Election

Jeff Deist's Postmortem Analysis Of The 2016 Election

It has become very apparent that the left views Trump’s election as an absolute calamity. But it is a calamity that they brought upon themselves.

The left remained silent while the Obama administration spent two full terms at war. They excused Obama’s NSA scandals. They cheered the growth of an imperial presidency and an activist judiciary.

But worst of all, the left poisoned America with vicious identity politics and a deeply false narrative of racism, sexism, xenophobia, and privilege. How could a backlash not occur?

What matters most in the upcoming years is not what Trump can actually do in the face of this hatred. What matters is what he can undo.

---
    [Mod edit]

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...trump-could-do

Jeff Deist article: https://mises.org/blog/what-trump-could-do
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-23-2017 at 11:24 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ///
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-23-2017 at 03:01 AM.

Fake news.

These are excerpts from Jeff Deist's article, entitled 'What Trump Could Do'.

https://mises.org/blog/what-trump-could-do
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Fake news.

These are excerpts from Jeff Deist's article, entitled 'What Trump Could Do'.

https://mises.org/blog/what-trump-could-do
    Got damn it.

- rep to the OP.

This $#@! has got to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Got damn it.

- rep to the OP.

This $#@! has got to stop.
    negged, one starred and thread reported.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    negged, one starred and thread reported.
    No, that was Ron Paul. It's on his facebook page. If you read more than the first sentence you can see they are different. I copy-pasted- googled it and it came up Ron Paul. But it's also true it's a excerpt from the article.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 01-23-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

@phill4paul
    @Anti Federalist
    @Feeding the Abscess

WOW, are you guys that out of touch with what Ron Paul is saying......

Here is the link to his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/

How sad is it that when I quote from Ron Paul himself I get neg rep.

CRAZY

And the topic itself is moved

Latest comment
    President Trump has given us some hope that his foreign policy may be less militaristic than his predecessors, but his inconsistency stems from his lack of a philosophical vision.
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 01-23-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No, that was Ron Paul. It's on his facebook page. If you read more than the first sentence you can see they are different. I copy-pasted- googled it and it came up Ron Paul. But it's also true it's a excerpt from the article.
    Every word in the post on Ron Paul's page was lifted from the Deist article. The OP makes it sound like Ron Paul wrote these words. He did not. Now we can assume that Ron Paul can get behind what Deist wrote as it was mirrored on the Ron Paul Institute page and then linked on his facebook. However, to claim that Ron Paul is the author is wrong. And see, as you have pointed out it is already coming up in search engines that he is the author. If I recall he has gotten in trouble over this type of thing before.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 01-23-2017 at 09:17 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    @phill4paul
    @Anti Federalist
    @Feeding the Abscess

Here is the link to his facebook page

How sad is it that when I quote from Ron Paul himself I get neg rep.

CRAZY

And the topic itself is moved

Latest comment
    You did not quote from Ron Paul. You quoted Jeff Deist. What you quoted word for word is taken from the Deist article found at the Mises Institute: https://mises.org/blog/what-trump-could-do and then mirrored at the Ron Paul Liberty Report: http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...trump-could-do. It is merely a link on the Ron Paul facebook page. Not his work.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Technically you are correct, when I posted, this was all I saw.....

And because it is on Ron Paul Facebook, I never thought people would neg rep me for something Ron Paul said/quoted.

It's really interesting to see such a reaction.
    It is very clear to me now that there is an Alt-libertarian wing of purists here now, of maybe a dozen posters.
    You should see Reddit it's full of Trump and Ron Paul supporters, a reflection of the new reality in 2017.
    Many of which comment that Ron Paul red pilled them in 08/12, but he was too nice to beat the Establishment of Media/GOP/Dems.

And because it is on Ron Paul Facebook, I never thought people would neg rep me for something Ron Paul said/quoted.

It is very clear to me now that there is an Alt-libertarian wing of purists here now, of maybe a dozen posters.
    You should see Reddit it's full of Trump and Ron Paul supporters, a reflection of the new reality in 2017.
    Many of which comment that Ron Paul red pilled them in 08/12, but he was too nice to beat the Establishment of Media/GOP/Dems.
    Some of us remember the newsletters and want to make sure to distinguish things that are published under Ron Paul's site, social media page, and what he has said himself. The photo that you clipped managed to leave out the link which clearly starts off "By Jeff Deist."
    Last edited by phill4paul; 01-23-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Some of us remember the newsletters and want to make sure to distinguish things that are published under Ron Paul's site, social media page, and what he has said himself.
    Fair enough I was there for that, I get it.

What surprises me is so much is there seems to angst about what the quote said about the "left" which speaks to truth, and if we can't agree on that, then our divide is way larger than imagined, or it is a concern troll tactic, but it is one of the two.

Fair enough I was there for that, I get it.

What surprises me is so much is there seems to angst about what the quote said about the "left" which speaks to truth, and if we can't agree on that, then our divide is way larger than imagined, or it is a concern troll tactic, but it is one of the two.
    What "angst?" That "the left poisoned America with vicious identity politics?" It's truth. I don't see anyone disputing that.

Oh yeah. Instead of reflecting on your own misleading post and the reason why you received that reaction, you instead cast your blame outwards.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Thank you for the clarification. Please remember to include links and/or a Facebook image when starting a topic.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't know that people here are purists, necessarily, but this "purist" charge as some sort of failing to me falls flat. Ron Paul is the alpha purist. If he wasn't the magnificent unbending "Dr. No" purist he was, there would have been no Ron Paul movement.

Ron Paul didn't lose because he was too nice, or because he was a purist. He lost because VOTERS haven't learned how to see past the media/dems/GOG/establishment. Trump is just a populist capitalizing on the swing to the right. The "new" reality in 2017 isn't new.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

@ProBlue33

I see now what had you fooled, the FarceBook post.

I will be more than happy to send a +rep your way to "undo" the neg rep.

I happen to agree with what you quoted from the article, but it was NOT Ron Paul's words.

That was what the neg rep was for, not the content, and also why I reported it, again not because of the content, but because of the fact it was presented as coming from Ron when it clearly was not.

Here is the bottom half of the FarceBook post:

Going forward, all of us, need to be extraordinarily careful about what sources we use, who we quote, how we vet a story and who it is attributed to.

Fake News is going to become a plague in the next four years, from all sides.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-23-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I see now what had you fooled, the FarceBook post.

I will be more than happy to send a +rep your way to "undo" the neg rep.

I happen to agree with what you quoted from the article, but it was NOT Ron Paul's words.

Going forward, all of us, need to be extraordinarily careful about what sources we use, who we quote, how we vet a story and who it is attributed to.

Fake News is going to become a plague in the next four years, from all sides.
    Gotcha covered.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I didn't editorialize in my initial post. I will now:

You selectively (dishonestly) edited the rest of the Facebook post. If you showed the rest of the post, or simply linked to it instead of posting the photo from your own photo hosting page, it would have shown, right below the photo, the name of the article and its author. AF posted it up above.

Keep whinging about leftists, though. It's cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

In this age of skepticism, what I should have done is said "From Ron Paul Facebook" then the quote.

Then put the link in.
    Well I guess "Fake News" is going to change the way I post anything going forward after this debacle.

At least Brian put it back to the sub-forum where it started which I appreciate.