Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Snakes!

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would've dropped dead of a heart attack if I found that thing on my van.

Huge snake found on truck in Arkansas

HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (KTHV) - After a night at Oaklawn Racing and Gaming most people don't expect to find a huge snake on top of truck next to their car. That's exactly what Kristi Freeman found Saturday night after her and her friends were walking through the parking lot.

She notified an Oaklawn security guard who called for back up when he saw the size of the massive snake. Kristi and her friends were quick to enter their car and left Oaklawn before having to deal with the snake any longer.

Oaklawn officials tracked down the owner of the snake. Turns out it was a man who does educational programs with snake. The man said he stopped by Oaklawn for a brief gambling session before heading home.

He left a window cracked for the snake to give it a breath of fresh air. That's when the snake slithered its way up and out of the window opening.

Once notified the snake had escaped, the man stopped gambling and ran out to secure the safety of the snake and the Oaklawn parking lot.

Neither the police nor animal control were notified of the incident.

http://www.11alive.com/news/nation-n...lawn/313505350
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

They thought that hawk was pretty cool until he dropped a snake on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

eeew!

This would gross me out more than finding a whole snake.

I would've run screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    This would gross me out more than finding a whole snake.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Neither the police nor animal control were notified of the incident
    That's one lucky snek.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's one lucky snek.
    He probably fell off and got squished.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Snake crawls out from under hood of car

http://videowall.accuweather.com/det...autoStart=true
    OMG, that was crazy. I would've crashed.

I saw a snake get under a car once. I had to pick up some paperwork from our accountant and instead of carrying the heavy box all the way around the office building, I decided to cut through the juniper patch. Apparently, a snake was living in it and I scared him into the parking lot where I saw him go up under the hood of a car and I heard a loud sizzle. It was the middle of summer and hot as hell that day. Other people were in the lot and heard it, too. A man went over and tried to find it but couldn't so he left a note on the car.

Brazilian construction workers find 30-foot anaconda

Brazilian construction workers were blown away when a slithering serpent wound up on their site.

The snake was reportedly 33 feet long and weighed nearly 900 pounds. Workers were forced to use a crane to lift it out of the construction site so they could get back to work.

The videos received backlash from people who saw the snake was chained down during the removal process.

“I’m not sure this is real, but if it is, shame on these people for killing it! A snake that big has probably been alive for a very long time now, just to be killed for a few pictures?? What a waste…'” one user wrote.

It is unclear whether the snake was killed during the removal process.

The current Guinness World Records record holder for the largest snake in captivity is Medusa, a 25-foot-long snake in Kansas City.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-n...nda_/451030254

^ Puts this one to shame!

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

^ Puts this one to shame!

if you had that critter on your front porch.. nobody would ever bother ya
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    *shudders*

http://knuckledraggin.com/2016/10/60646/

Pat Long was sitting in a ground blind with his son, hunting hogs near Midway, GA.
    This rattler stuck its head into the blind and the son shot it in the head with a .22 pistol.
    9.5′ Long, Head is 5.5″ wide and Fangs are 2.5″ long. He said it had 20 rattles.
    It had the bones of 3 little pigs in it’s stomach.

--Albert J. Nock

--Albert J. Nock

I wonder if Danke caught the snake.

TERRIFYING: Venomous snake drops from overhead bin mid-flight

MEXICO CITY, Mexico - There were some terrifying moments for passengers on board an Aeromexico flight to Mexico City as a venomous snake dropped down from the overhead bin in mid-flight.

A passenger caught the green viper on video slithering out from behind the overhead compartments, then dropping down.

According to the passenger, Indalecio Medina, the flight was given priority landing so airport animal control could try to catch the unexpected visitor

"The procedures carried out for this flight are currently being evaluated to determine how the animal entered the cabin and measures have been taken to avoid such incidents in the future," the airline said in a statement.

No one was hurt. There's no word on the fate of the snake.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/216042742-story
    And if a snake ever falls on me in a plane...

Last edited by Suzanimal; 11-07-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    Can't embed, but well worth the click:

https://streamable.com/0z8g
    OMG!

+ rep!

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    Can't embed, but well worth the click:

https://streamable.com/0z8g

--Albert J. Nock

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bad kitty! I think that's a King snake.

That cat looks a lot like my snake killer cat that died last year. He was a little darker but similar markings
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

My doge used to kill snakes before he retired. He doesn't seem to give a $#@! if we get bitten anymore.

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A very wild sight for a driver in Palm Harbor, in Pinellas County.

Jessica Byrd Matkin posted this picture to her Facebook page, saying she was caught in traffic because of an accident.

For 40 minutes, she sat in traffic with this snake just watching her! She said she panicked the whole time, thinking it would get in the car.

When it finally slithered onto the wipers, she flung it off the car.
    http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/216897637-story

*shudders* my kid lives in that county

Hawk plays a prank

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"The Patriarch"

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast