Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divest Minitrue #BoycottAmazonTwitterGoogleAppleFacebook

Divest Minitrue #BoycottAmazonTwitterGoogleAppleFacebook

The Ministry of Truth is a consortium of colluding “private” corporations. Freedom of speech is dead in America. This is not about Trump or protests. This is about shutting down all speech that is not approved by the leftist establishment.

There is one and only one thing that will make a difference. It’s the bottom line. Boycott and divest. Stop buying on Amazon. Don't use Google. Don't use Facebook. Don't use Twitter. Get rid of your Gmail account. Sell all of your shares of Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Twitter. Sell ETFs and mutual funds that hold these companies.

#DivestMinitrue #DivestMinistryOfTruth
    #BoycottAmazon #BoycottApple
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Twitter's ban on Trump could wipe out as much as 10% in profits: analyst

It’s probably back to the drawing board on profit estimates for Wall Street analysts who cover Twitter (TWTR) in light of the social media giant’s new permanent ban on President Trump’s account.

“The risk is that perhaps Trump starts his own social networking platform or moves his content to a different platform, and now they [Twitter] have some sort of competitive pressure to the extent that user engagement for their platform goes down by some percentage point,” explained D.A. Davidson tech analyst Tom Forte on Yahoo Finance Live. “You could argue that is 10% earnings risk for Twitter on the notion that they may have a negative impact on their audience share and then that could have a negative impact on their ability to draw advertising against their audience share.”
    More: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitt...164838617.html
    10% is an extremely low estimate. If Twitter loses half of it's customers, the loss will be greater.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Tech Under Pressure After Parler Goes Dark, Twitter Drops

(Bloomberg) -- Technology companies tried to contain a mounting backlash against their social media sites, with shares of Twitter Inc. and Facebook Inc. falling in early trading and rival platform Parler forced offline by Amazon.com Inc.

Drop 'em all.

You might find Twitter or FB entertaining, but you can easily live without them. It's more important that they feel the dissatisfaction of their customers. The left would have no problem doing this.

I do make purchases through Amazon and I do check FB from time to time. But that stops now. Until they back off, I'll find other methods. Please consider this strongly! Even if you can't give it up 100% and cancel your accounts, you can still limit their usage.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Jim Cramer weighs in on Twitter. Bottom line is that without Trump, they have lost their reason for existence at the scale that they enjoyed.

Video at link:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/othe...ns/vi-BB1cERcY

Facebook and Twitters stocks are going down. Time to hit them where it hurts.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Ministry of Truth is a consortium of colluding “private” corporations. Freedom of speech is dead in America. This is not about Trump or protests. This is about shutting down all speech that is not approved by the leftist establishment.

There is one and only one thing that will make a difference. It’s the bottom line. Boycott and divest. Stop buying on Amazon. Don't use Google. Don't use Facebook. Don't use Twitter. Get rid of your Gmail account. Sell all of your shares of Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Twitter. Sell ETFs and mutual funds that hold these companies.

This is the only way to make it stop. About 30% of voters are registered republicans. If they all one day stopped using these companies the companies would either have to change or fail.

Things like parler aren't going to work unless they are hosted outside the US. Probably a good idea to at least censor the death treats too.

Facebook sees $34 billion erased from market cap as Trump-ban fallout continues to spook tech investors

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...1-1-1029956600

Not sure this will be enough to overcome the political pressure. But this needs to be sustained.

Twitter loses $5 billion in market value after Trump is permanently barred from the platform
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...1-1-1029946778

These cuts need to be deeper and they need to last a long time. Permanent destruction of these companies would be preferable. Their replacements would learn a valuable lesson.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 01-11-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Facebook sees $34 billion erased from market cap as Trump-ban fallout continues to spook tech investors

Not sure this will be enough to overcome the political pressure. But this needs to be sustained.

Twitter loses $5 billion in market value after Trump is permanently barred from the platform

These cuts need to be deeper and they need to last a long time. Permanent destruction of these companies would be preferable. Their replacements would learn a valuable lesson.
    Just wait until Amazon sees it's sales plummet. It's going to happen. The snowball is rolling down the hill already.

#BoycottAmazon

Just wait until Amazon sees it's sales plummet. It's going to happen. The snowball is rolling down the hill already.

#BoycottAmazon
    This might need its own thread, but Parler is suing Amazon, alleging antitrust violations after the e-commerce giant banned the far-right social media app from AWS

https://www.businessinsider.com/parl...st-laws-2021-1

(Also curious how they refer to Parler as a "far-right social media app". I mean, it's an app. Many people on the right, far or otherwise, use it. But the app itself isn't ideological)

Stocks swing. We have a communications issue. Difficult to tell everyone that it's time to boycott when they are getting their information from a handful of companies. Companies that are vested w/ FANG.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    Stocks swing. We have a communications issue. Difficult to tell everyone that it's time to boycott when they are getting their information from a handful of companies. Companies that are vested w/ FANG.
    This is very cryptic, please elaborate.
    "The Patriarch"

Hi, I like this idea. Just curious tho, why the hashtags? I think what needs to happen is finding a way to distribute content that does not rely on ad revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by oldietech View Post
    Hi, I like this idea. Just curious tho, why the hashtags? I think what needs to happen is finding a way to distribute content that does not rely on ad revenue.
    The hashtags have nothing to do with revenue. A hashtag has simply become an internet norm for various topics and campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    My interpretation is that it's hard to organize a boycott when the people you want to boycott control the internet.

I use Fedbook as a political platform. I rail against them. I post peer reviewed research against masks and so-called "lockdowns." I befriend everyone, even if I don't know them. I'm not there to be friendly, but just post stuff against them.

I have a bunch of followers that I don't even know. Not sure it makes much difference; however, you still have to reach people individually. I'm just a scurvy little spider in the whole vast configuration of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

#BoycottAmazon
    This might need its own thread, but Parler is suing Amazon, alleging antitrust violations after the e-commerce giant banned the far-right social media app from AWS

(Also curious how they refer to Parler as a "far-right social media app". I mean, it's an app. Many people on the right, far or otherwise, use it. But the app itself isn't ideological)
    Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    The hashtags have nothing to do with revenue. A hashtag has simply become an internet norm for various topics and campaigns.
    My interpretation is that it's hard to organize a boycott when the people you want to boycott control the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I use Fedbook as a political platform. I rail against them. I post peer reviewed research against masks and so-called "lockdowns." I befriend everyone, even if I don't know them. I'm not there to be friendly, but just post stuff against them.

I have a bunch of followers that I don't even know. Not sure it makes much difference; however, you still have to reach people individually. I'm just a scurvy little spider in the whole vast configuration of things.
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

i think i am internet addicted. going "cold turkey" and/or cutting back will be very difficult.

Teddy Roosevelt would be busting up these technology monopolies.

I didn't mean to conflate hashtags with ad revenue. It was a separate thought. I recognize hashtags as a norm that was brought on by twitter. It did seem odd to me to see a cancel twitter remark utilizing hashtags. No biggie, I was just confused by it.

Centralized content distribution has been on my mind for a while now for this exact reason. It's driven by advertising. We need a content distribution model that doesn't rely on ad revenue to keep the machine running.

...I recognize hashtags as a norm that was brought on by twitter. It did seem odd to me to see a cancel twitter remark utilizing hashtags. ...
    Odd. Ironic. Almost humorous. I wonder if it was intentional?

Centralized content distribution has been on my mind for a while now for this exact reason. It's driven by advertising. We need a content distribution model that doesn't rely on ad revenue to keep the machine running.
    Unfortunately, the ad revenue model has proven itself to be durable and successful in the free market. Paid subscription is much less successful, and when a subscription is tolerated by the market, it is usually in addition to ad revenue.

And back to the OP topic, threats of boycott on advertisers is also effective. Do you advertise on Facebook or Twitter? You may get boycotted!

Twitter's ban on Trump could wipe out as much as 10% in profits: analyst

10% is an extremely low estimate. If Twitter loses half of it's customers, the loss will be greater.
    It would be a bit better if we added a 0 to that number.

I support Free Speech, not Surveillance Speech or only groups that are "allowed" to speak.

Suppressing certain "groups" is how we end up with SILENT MAJORITIES.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Twitter can recover from a loss and they know it. They were promised who knows what for their collusion. Because of the aggressive move to restructure society around a handful of smart phone media companies: we have a major communications challenge. In fact, before the premeditated drama w/ parler etc. we had a major challenge. Any company in communications is invested with Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Google. The surrounding network of companies are now groomed by political officers under the guise of human resources.

A quarter of the nation is living in some narcissistic lucid dream from their products. It is difficult to communicate outside and inside of this network.

Also I am noticing a lot of other places where this idea of divestment, divorce, or exiting are sprouting. I think this needs to be hammered hard. Right now is a good time to push this with so many tens of millions looking for direction.
    Last edited by hard@work; 01-12-2021 at 07:42 PM.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Twitter is probably most exposed, for the rest won't be surprised if after some immediate future drop PPTs started firing up machines to defend them... especially if reports of Wall St/Deep Pockets turning on MAGA are confirmed. If Blackrock with Fed Reserve help can take EV maker Tesla to moon (while economy was locked down and very few cars on the road), who knows what else can be engineered.

Boycott and sell Twitter, Facebook, Google, Apple and Amazon!

Spread the word via whatever outlets remain.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

parler is not a far right app.. its a neutral app.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

i think i am internet addicted. going "cold turkey" and/or cutting back will be very difficult.
    I have become accustomed..

But I saw a distinct threat from the internet long ago,, and resisted even entering.

Here for the purpose of My Own Spin.. but always knew it is temporary..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The pressure is working.

Sell Apple. Boycott Apple.

Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Parler Suspension and Free Speech Unrelated
    In an interview, Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook defended the iPhone giant's decision last weekend to suspend Parler from its App Store.

Chief Executive Tim Cook maintained in an interview that the tech giant's decision to suspend blogging and social networking service Parler has nothing to do with free speech.
    The iPhone maker also reiterated that it does not control the internet. And Cook said Big Tech is not monolithic.

"There are several companies; they do different things," Cook said.
    https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...eech-unrelated
    Nice try. Who do you think you are fooling, Timmy?

On the other hand, you do make clear the problem. "Several companies" is a pathetic excuse for an open and competitive market. It sounds like Bernie Sanders. "Why do I need so many choices?"

"they do different things". LOL. Seriously? You all did exactly the same thing, in a coordinated effort. Your collusion is blatant and obvious.

Look who's on the Apple Board of Directors:

Arthur D. Levinson (chairman)
    Tim Cook (executive director and CEO)
    James A. Bell (non-executive director)
    Al Gore (non-executive director)
    Andrea Jung (non-executive director)
    Ronald Sugar (non-executive director)
    Susan Wagner (non-executive director)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_...d_of_directors

Twitter Shares Are Just Plain Overvalued
    Here's where Jack Dorsey's ship will start to sink.
    By JIM COLLINS

...So much of what I read in the financial media (not on Twitter, as I deactivated my account last week) on stocks is subjective, numbers-free blather, and in fact quite useless. So I have made it clear that Twitter is awful AND awfully overvalued, but let's focus on the second part.

How about a little actual financial analysis to bolster an opinion on a stock? Trust me, it feels good, almost as good as deleting your Twitter account!

First, we start with revenues. I am limited in space in this column, so won't have time to delve into Twitter's profitability metrics, but we live in a world where tech companies are valued based multiples of "revs," so I will stick with that. The key to any analysis of financial statements is disaggregation.

For Twitter we start -- and finish -- with the one metric given by management: mDAUs, or monetizable daily active users. Twitter changed to this metric in February 2019, and, in and of itself, it is meaningless. But it is a good base for modeling. Twitter's recent quarterly report showed 187 million mDAUs with 36 million users in the U.S., and 152 million abroad. I am assuming the difference is due to rounding.

That's where Jack Dorsey's ship will start to sink. Twitter -- and every social media company -- receives a strong valuation based on user base figures that are full of people who don't actually use the service, but do have an account. But with this latest movement -- of which I am glad to be a part -- folks are deactivating their Twitter accounts, not just ignoring them.

Those user numbers are going to plummet. I would expect this to happen when first-quarter figures are reported in April, not as much when full-year results are reported Feb. 9. How low can they go? Well Twitter's mDAU base is small to begin with, so that the initial drop-off will be quite noticeable.
    Even after this week's pullback, TWTR shares, inexplicably, were trading at slightly above 10x trailing revenues as of Thursday's close. But, using our "true" revenue estimate of $1.25 billion, we derive a fair value for TWTR of $15.63. This ignores the fact that TWTR had over $7 billion of cash on its balance sheet as of Sept. 30, and valuation is as much an art as a science, but I am just doing a back of the envelope here.
    More: https://realmoney.thestreet.com/inve...alued-15540574

How will these companies fight back against stock prices dropping?

TWTR had over $7 billion of cash on its balance sheet
    They can use that cash to buy back their own stock. Additionally, they can borrow nearly zero interest money to buy back stock.

Then there is cronyism. Institutional investors, especially public employee union funds like CalPers, can buy more stock in these companies. They are already big holders. Politics play just as big a role in these “investments” as actually making money. You never know who makes the decisions. Usually a leftist, sometimes Chinese spies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast