Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1121

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    He should think about coaching.
    Seriously Romo will literally call out a play and it ends up happening. Its been like that ever since he became a commentator.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It’s a conspiracy, I tells ya’!

(As a Raider fan, no need to talk about official’s bias.)
    Half a century later and they still seem to be screwing teams that were in the AFL. That's a ridiculously long time to hold a grudge.

And despite instant replay, they still manage to pull it off. I hate the NFL.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-20-2019 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well , I went with my gut instinct that KC and Saints would not cover .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , I went with my gut instinct that KC and Saints would not cover .
    I didn't expect them to, either, but I didn't expect them both to lose. The Saints were clearly and obviously screwed. The funny thing is the two bad calls in the Chiefs' favor before the bad call against them.

I can't imagine why I would possibly bother to watch the Stupor Bowl. I've already seen everything the year's two best teams are going to do.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Hmm...if I'm the NFL and their advertisers, do I want the SB to be between the #37 and #49 largest markets or do I want it to be between the #2 and #21 (which also covers an entire region, not just a city)? Tough choice...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Hmm...if I'm the NFL and their advertisers, do I want the SB to be between the #37 and #49 largest markets or do I want it to be between the #2 and #21 (which also covers an entire region, not just a city)? Tough choice...
    Bottom line.

It's not a contest between the best and it's not worth my time to watch. Especially since I'm no fan of Maroon 5.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Bottom line.

It's not a contest between the best and it's not worth my time to watch. Especially since I'm no fan of Maroon 5.
    No, it's not. Unfortunately, they've ruined the game. I really like pro football, but this "entertainment ball" is horse$#@!.

The great thing about the pros is that you had parity between the players and it really came down to coaching, schemes, and the mental aspects of the game. (College football is all about recruitment, sadly) But now, it's all about the zebras. What will they call and when? They own the game. And if a team disputes that, they "go to New York" and let the NFL settle it. The outcomes of games are rarely driven by the play of the teams, anymore.

I admit I still watch. But in order to enjoy it, you have to let go of any semblance of fairness in the final scores or the records. It's like the WWE, these days. You can still see some smart play-calling and great individual efforts, but the end-result just feels scripted.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's like the WWE, these days.
    Yes. But say that in public and you'll find their fans can make even more excuses than Trump's fans can.

Why doesn't each team get a chance at possession in Overtime? Seems like you would want the game as symmetric as possible. I'm thinking it has something to do with the over/under line betting because NFL betting is huge even though everyone likes to pretend it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    Why doesn't each team get a chance at possession in Overtime? Seems like you would want the game as symmetric as possible. I'm thinking it has something to do with the over/under line betting because NFL betting is huge even though everyone likes to pretend it's not.
    Back when I gambled on pro ball a lot , the Over / Under with my local bookie was always just regulation so an OT game was a tie and the bookie wins. When I was younger the NFL OT was a full quarter which I think it should be .I never liked sudden death , I say just play the whole quarter and whoever has the most points wins , or use the NCAA model of OT .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The quality of NFL officiating used to be the best in pro sports. Now it is a bad joke.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    In college football, both teams get a shot. If they both either get the same score in their possession (or both fail to score), they go another round until somebody wins. Both start from the same point on the field too. There was one game this year which had seven overtimes. (Texas A&M beat LSU 74-72). https://www.si.com/college-football/...oring-game-fbs

NFL has preferred "Sudden Death" where luck can be more important than who is the better team. 55% of the time the team winning the coin toss wins the game which is a lower percentage than some may think. Saints won the coin toss in their overtime to the Rams earlier in the day.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-21-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Sudden death really sucks . Say you win the coin toss and you run the kickoff back to the 30 . Now you only need 40 yards and you kick the 47 yard FG game over. In fact if sudden death is the best you can do I would be OK with regulation ties . Then you would get some exciting , game ending two point conversion attempts .
    Do something Danke

loveshiscountry

Sudden death really sucks . Say you win the coin toss and you run the kickoff back to the 30 . Now you only need 40 yards and you kick the 47 yard FG game over. In fact if sudden death is the best you can do I would be OK with regulation ties . Then you would get some exciting , game ending two point conversion attempts .
    In America, the offense can only end overtime on the opening drive if they score a TD. An opening drive FG doesn't end it.

Extra innings in Baseball , OT in basketball and college football are equal and exciting , in the lame ass NFL it is just about getting the game over. When I played High School football there was no OT , you left it all on the field to win doing whatever it took , including everything in the playbook and the one that got made up on the sideline by a wide receiver and taken to a coach .
    Do something Danke

Each team gets an opportunity to possess the ball unless a touchdown or safety is scored on the first possession.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    In America, the offense can only end overtime on the opening drive if they score a TD. An opening drive FG doesn't end it.
    Now , yes , but it used too and it was lame . Not much better now.
    Do something Danke

As the playoffs progress there should be a series. The best team cannot be concluded by one game.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think playoff games should have a full 15 minute quarter for OT or go to the college system , maybe just eliminate regular season OT .
    Do something Danke

loveshiscountry

If the offense scores a TD the other team should still get the ball imo.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    If the offense scores a TD the other team should still get the ball imo.
    I think so . It cheapens it .
    Do something Danke

Can't wait to see which team gets to eat Taco Bell at the White House.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Instead of a coin toss they should shoot the ball from a canon where it lands someplace close to the 50 yard line. The team that comes up with the ball gets possession.

As fake as pro wrestling.

Honestly boys, there are better things to do with your time on Sundays than this foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    As fake as pro wrestling.

Honestly boys, there are better things to do with your time on Sundays than this foolishness.
    Ya , but I pulled some strings and got you Maroon 5 for the superbowl.
    Do something Danke

Ya , but I pulled some strings and got you Maroon 5 for the superbowl.
    Thank you.

Danke will be pleased I'm sure.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Greatest NFL player of all-time?

Tom Brady or Jerry Rice?

Okay, bring it on, you haters!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    No, it's not. Unfortunately, they've ruined the game. I really like pro football, but this "entertainment ball" is horse$#@!.

The great thing about the pros is that you had parity between the players and it really came down to coaching, schemes, and the mental aspects of the game. (College football is all about recruitment, sadly) But now, it's all about the zebras. What will they call and when? They own the game. And if a team disputes that, they "go to New York" and let the NFL settle it. The outcomes of games are rarely driven by the play of the teams, anymore.

I admit I still watch. But in order to enjoy it, you have to let go of any semblance of fairness in the final scores or the records. It's like the WWE, these days. You can still see some smart play-calling and great individual efforts, but the end-result just feels scripted.
    I agree although I don't think it's fixed. I think the rules are just way too complicated and subjective. It was already bad and now with all these "safety" rules it has gotten even worse.

I have a idea that I've never heard from anyone else. I'd like to see them slow the players down a tiny bit with equipment changes and then get rid of most of those stupid rules. Small reductions in speed mean big reductions in kinetic energy. One idea would be to force the players to wear a certain amount of pads, maybe by weight. Also they could experiment with slower playing surfaces and smaller cleats. What about helmets that are also padded on the outside? Not saying all those are good ideas but the generel thought is to slow the speed down just a little.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Search for Sean McVay's girlfriend.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast