Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes

Exclamation Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes

Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/su...rticle/2600319

After a steady decline in gun ownership in recent years, more homes are reporting having a weapon inside, according to a new survey.

Pew Research Center, in a poll on guns released Friday, showed that 44 percent of the country has a gun in the house. Some 51 percent don't.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is why I'm not worried about having another Hitler coming to power in the US.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This is why I'm not worried about having another Hitler coming to power in the US.
    Yes, it is good news that so many households have guns but that doesn't mean we won't have abuses that may rival Hitler. What happens when Billary becomes Queen and orders all those "registered" guns confiscated? The goons in blue will turn against the commoners and start knocking on doors to get the guns. If you don't willingly hand them over they come back with all those nice tanks Obama (and Bush) gave them. Think it won't happen?? Wrong! It already happened in New Orleans and Boston. Those were just tests to see if the goons will follow orders. (They will...)
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

What happens when Billary becomes Queen and orders all those "registered" guns confiscated?
    Like everybody was afraid Obama was going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There is very good possibility of her SCOTUS appointees overturning Heller.

That is pretty poor , especially considering some small amount of that 44 percent is nothing more than a handgun . I would feel better if 80 percent or more had a rifle and shotgun for every person in the home at least .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That is pretty poor , especially considering some small amount of that 44 percent is nothing more than a handgun . I would feel better if 80 percent or more had a rifle and shotgun for every person in the home at least .
    I suspect the real number is close to that.

I would own a gun too.. especially when those black lives matter people get smart and start burning and looting the white suburbs

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I suspect the real number is close to that.
    That would make me feel better then .

Your boy Barack tried to do something, but common sense prevailed in many cases.

And I don't follow your gun views, Zip. Do your fellow progressive Jews share your gun views? After all, many armed Jewish people saved themselves from Hitler.

Anyway, who's your vote, Zip? Will you vote Clinton, or are you one of the very liberal people writing in Sanders?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Personally, I would not participate in a survey asking me about my firearms.

Iraq, under Saddam Hussein, was among the countries with the highest civilian gun ownership in the world. Something like #7 if memory serves. High civilian gun ownership doesn't even come close to guaranteeing that a brutal dictator won't seize control and keep it.

Still not worried?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Personally, I would not participate in a survey asking me about my firearms.
    Me, neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Iraq, under Saddam Hussein, was among the countries with the highest civilian gun ownership in the world. Something like #7 if memory serves. High civilian gun ownership doesn't even come close to guaranteeing that a brutal dictator won't seize control and keep it.

Still not worried?
    we took care of that.....now its a great place to live and we pay for all their guns...like welfare
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    we took care of that.....now its a great place to live and we pay for all their guns...like welfare

Yep. As I recall the US military's first order of business after beating Hussein's military was to begin disarming the civilian population. Can you smell the freedom?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The fact he is politically thwarted doesn't mean he doesn't want to, or wouldn't if he could. Just a tiny sampling of pro-totalitarian Obama's wonderful defense of freedom on guns (NOT) : http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-a...proposals.aspx
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Still not worried?
    Cite your source.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Cite your source.
    Heres one:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/lprelease_..._guns_iraq.htm

I also remember reading about it in one of James Bovard's books, but don't remember which one and am not inclined to look. Believe whatever you want. An armed population ONLY acts to deter tyranny if it is combined with the WILL to use those arms if necessary. Don't see a lot of that kind of will among modern Americans.
    Chris

Cite your source.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/iraq

An armed population ONLY acts to deter tyranny if it is combined with the WILL to use those arms if necessary. Don't see a lot of that kind of will among modern Americans.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/su...rticle/2600319

After a steady decline in gun ownership in recent years, more homes are reporting having a weapon inside, according to a new survey.

Pew Research Center, in a poll on guns released Friday, showed that 44 percent of the country has a gun in the house. Some 51 percent don't.

It is way higher, who would be honest with a stranger over the phone about items with might be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Your boy Barack tried to do something, but common sense prevailed in many cases.

And I don't follow your gun views, Zip. Do your fellow progressive Jews share your gun views? After all, many armed Jewish people saved themselves from Hitler.

Anyway, who's your vote, Zip? Will you vote Clinton, or are you one of the very liberal people writing in Sanders?

He is a jew?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the fact he tried to ban them via EO did not happen or matter?

So the fact he tried to have the Congress ram through countless bans or limit did not happen or matter?

The fact his judges on the SCOTUS did not vote against Heller happen or matter?

Please go on and show us how out of touch you really are with reality.

So the fact he tried to ban them via EO did not happen or matter?
    Link to Executive Order trying to ban guns?

So the fact he tried to have the Congress ram through countless bans or limit did not happen or matter?
    Link to laws proposing to ban guns?

The fact his judges on the SCOTUS did not vote against Heller happen or matter?
    Supreme Court ruling on Heller was in 2008- Obama became president in 2009. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri...mbia_v._Heller

On June 26, 2008, the Supreme Court affirmed the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in Heller v. District of Columbia.[3][4] The Supreme Court struck down provisions of the Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975 as unconstitutional, determined that handguns are "arms" for the purposes of the Second Amendment, found that the Regulations Act was an unconstitutional ban, and struck down the portion of the Regulations Act that requires all firearms including rifles and shotguns be kept "unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock". Prior to this decision the Firearms Control Regulation Act of 1975 also restricted residents from owning handguns except for those registered prior to 1975.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-29-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    He is a jew?
    He likes to pretend I am.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not everyone who has a gun is going to admit it publicly.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    He is a jew?
    He likes to pretend I am.

What's the big secret?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

An armed population ONLY acts to deter tyranny if it is combined with the WILL to use those arms if necessary. Don't see a lot of that kind of will among modern Americans.
    Yes, I'm afraid this is the key. As long as the Ahmerikans continue to worship their overlords there can never be real Liberty. I'm hoping that the "movement" started by Kapernick grows and it gets to be comfortable to sit during the flag worship sessions at sport stadiums. I take off my hat and stand but I do not put my hand over my heart and I don't sing along. I actually like the song and wish that the words actually meant something but the meaning of "freedom" was lost on this population before I was born...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast