Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amash endorsed the idea of establishing an Equal Rights Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Yes, we should. And among many, many other things, we should also prevent spying on US citizens without showing cause.

But adding more words to a piece of paper that the government already ignores at its convenience isn't going to accomplish any of those things.

Even worse, given the current social and political climate, it is all but certain that any new words involving pleasant-sounding "equal rights" and "no discrimination" rhetoric will be employed as a justification for granting special privileges to (some) people over others rather than as restrictions upon the same government charged with enforcing those restrictions ...
    And neither TheCount nor Amash is stupid enough to think otherwise.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Anyone have proof that Amash is stomping on rights? Or is this just more garbage from the Trump supporters who have their panties in a wad because Amash doesn't like the big government lying sack of anti Liberty Trump.

"Drafting a new nondiscrimination amendment would allow us to enshrine our modern understanding of equal protection as preventing all arbitrary discrimination by government"

To stop government from discriminating. Like with Affirmative Action. Or are you big government Trump supporters wanting to keep AA? Nothing about the private sector. If he tries to apply it to the private sector, then you'd have something.
    I get the feeling neither Amash or you have read the 14th Amendment lately. This is already taken care of, and poking it with a stick will only make it bite us in the ass.
    THAT'S how it will stomp on rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But adding more words to a piece of paper that the government already ignores at its convenience isn't going to accomplish any of those things.
    Okay, which other piece of paper that the government ignores should we change instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Okay, which other piece of paper that the government ignores should we change instead?
    There isn't one.

Words (or checkmarks) on pieces of paper are never going to give us more liberty (let alone "equality" or "fairness," whatever those are supposed to mean).

"non-discrimination" is a direct contradiction to the first amendment.

The wording should specifically say its government non discrimination.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I get the feeling neither Amash or you have read the 14th Amendment lately. This is already taken care of, and poking it with a stick will only make it bite us in the ass.
    THAT'S how it will stomp on rights.
    It's not about me and what you make up. Go ahead and show everyone here how rights will be stomped on. I'd really like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    "non-discrimination" is a direct contradiction to the first amendment.

The wording should specifically say its government non discrimination.
    Amash agrees with what you said. "preventing all arbitrary discrimination by government"

I think you should follow the TOS.
    You've said that already. Anybody else willing to describe your avatar?

It's not about me and what you make up. Go ahead and show everyone here how rights will be stomped on. I'd really like to see that.
    Personally, I'd be happier if no rights were stomped on, but one only has to look at the perversion of the 1st Amendment for an example. Cross shaped monuments on public land from long ago would be covered under free exercise instead if "establishment" if preserving liberty was the goal of the PTB.
    Opening any door a crack for these $#@!s invariably leads to a flood of usurpations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

There isn't one.

Words (or checkmarks) on pieces of paper are never going to give us more liberty (let alone "equality" or "fairness," whatever those are supposed to mean).
    Well, then why are we talking about politics and a politician at all?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Well, then why are we talking about politics and a politician at all?
    Entertainment purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

I think you should follow the TOS and quit trolling.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-20-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Personally, I'd be happier if no rights were stomped on, but one only has to look at the perversion of the 1st Amendment for an example. Cross shaped monuments on public land from long ago would be covered under free exercise instead if "establishment" if preserving liberty was the goal of the PTB.
    Opening any door a crack for these $#@!s invariably leads to a flood of usurpations.
    I understand your concern and doubts for politicians to do the right thing. We've seen how not defending the Constitution and rights under Trump as well as Obama, Bush and the rest has worked out. But isn't clarifying rights a good thing to do? In that something passed could easily clarify what's being protected and not automatically stomping on rights.
    btw I can already feel your doubts about that happening, lol.

Entertainment purposes.
    In other words, you have little ability to discuss the issue and don't learn from your mistakes because trolling is the way to get things done and make this forum better. Understood.

It's a troll.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Who cares? Look at how he votes. That is what matters.
    He voted to impeach the President of the Unites States for a non-crime. That is what matters. His TDS allowed him to drop the standard of impeachment to "Orange Man Bad!"

Not upholding his oath to the Constitution in my opinion. He was sworn to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. We are living in a time where Democrats have been caught in their corruption and now are doing anything they can to deflect attention to the President. They committed fraud on the FISA courts and numerous other offenses.

What is Amash's course of action? He helps the criminal Democrats. He helps provide cover for Joe Biden extorting Ukraine. That is what matters.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    He voted to impeach the President of the Unites States for a non-crime. That is what matters. His TDS allowed him to drop the standard of impeachment to "Orange Man Bad!"

Not upholding his oath to the Constitution in my opinion. He was sworn to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. We are living in a time where Democrats have been caught in their corruption and now are doing anything they can to deflect attention to the President. They committed fraud on the FISA courts and numerous other offenses.

What is Amash's course of action? He helps the criminal Democrats. He helps provide cover for Joe Biden extorting Ukraine. That is what matters.
    So that's why you supported him before? Because you didn't think he was the type to vote for impeachment vs all the great small government votes he's done?
    His small government votes and legislation is what matters.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    So that's why you supported him before? Because you didn't think he was the type to vote for impeachment vs all the great small government votes he's done?
    His small government votes and legislation is what matters.
    It all matters. I supported him in the past because he followed a path of adhering to the Constitution. Now Amash has left that path and wandered into the land of TDS. He has lost his way, no longer upholds his oath and that matters.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's running for re-election as an Independent, so he needs some D votes too. Not rocket science to see why he's talking about equal rights, though I don't understand why people think government discrimination is ok in the first place. Any way, it's election season, lighten up.

(Or does Trump get to be the only person running for federal office that panders to voting blocks while campaigning and then doesn't act on it? When he does it, it's 4D chess, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    It all matters. I supported him in the past because he followed a path of adhering to the Constitution. Now Amash has left that path and wandered into the land of TDS. He has lost his way, no longer upholds his oath and that matters.
    There's something really wrong if you still call yourself a libertarian but want to throw Justin Amash under the bus in favor of Donald Trump, of all people, who has nothing whatsoever in common with libertarians and never has.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-21-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    He's running for re-election as an Independent, so he needs some D votes too. Not rocket science to see why he's talking about equal rights, though I don't understand why people think government discrimination is ok in the first place. Any way, it's election season, lighten up.

(Or does Trump get to be the only person running for federal office that panders to voting blocks while campaigning and then doesn't act on it? When he does it, it's 4D chess, right?)

There's something really wrong if you still call yourself a libertarian but want to throw Justin Amash under the bus in favor of Donald Trump, of all people, who has nothing whatsoever in common with libertarians and never has.
    Trump was never one of us but he is moving things our way, defeating our enemies and becoming more like us.
    Amash was supposed to be one of us but is moving away from us and giving aid and comfort to our worst enemies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump was never one of us but he is moving things our way, defeating our enemies and becoming more like us.
    Amash was supposed to be one of us but is moving away from us and giving aid and comfort to our worst enemies.
    Is that why Trump didn't veto increased spending? Because he's moving in our direction?
    Is that why we're still in the Middle East bombing places like Syria because they aren't playing nice while fighting our enemy Al Qaeda? Because he's moving in our direction?

Amashs votes prove he's in our corner and Trump isn't. I get it. Amash doesn't like your boy toy Trump and big government. Grow a pair and learn to stand up to tyranny instead of bowing down to it.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

Cool orange straw man you have there.

I consider myself a libertarian because I believe in The Philosophy of Liberty.

Amash used to be libertarian, but now is in TDS land of confusion.

Trump is not a libertarian, but we do have some overlap. I see much in common between Trump and libertarians. If you don't that is fine, I am not going to spend time attempting to convince you otherwise.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Is that why Trump didn't veto increased spending? Because he's moving in our direction?
    Is that why we're still in the Middle East bombing places like Syria because they aren't playing nice while fighting our enemy Al Qaeda? Because he's moving in our direction?

Amashs votes prove he's in our corner and Trump isn't. I get it. Amash doesn't like your boy toy Trump and big government. Grow a pair and learn to stand up to tyranny instead of bowing down to it.
    You can cherry pick all you like but it won't change the facts.
    Trump is reducing tyranny and Amash is selling out to the worst tyrants.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You can cherry pick all you like but it won't change the facts.
    Trump is reducing tyranny and Amash is selling out to the worst tyrants.
    Cherry pick? You specifically are upset over 1 point. Impeachment of Trump. Amash has one of the top conservative voting records within the top 20. That's my proof.

Trump increases government by not vetoing spending, he keeps us involved in never ending wars in the Middle East. That's my proof.

You want to say Trump is not as bad a Obama or Bush? agreed. He's still not very good and he's still not nearly as conservative as Amash.

Cherry pick? You specifically are upset over 1 point. Impeachment of Trump. Amash has one of the top conservative voting records within the top 20. That's my proof.

Trump increases government by not vetoing spending, he keeps us involved in never ending wars in the Middle East. That's my proof.

You want to say Trump is not as bad a Obama or Bush? agreed. He's still not very good and he's still not nearly as conservative as Amash.
    1 point?

What is this thread about?

Amash has started siding with the Demoncrats and their insanity on more and more points, trannies in the military, invaders voting, the ERA and the treasonous coup with no end in sight.

Trump is improving, Amash is decaying rapidly, if he keeps his seat his voting record will start to get much worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

1 point?

What is this thread about?
    A generic statement that you ran with in order to cast Amash in a bad light.

Amash has started siding with the Demoncrats and their insanity on more and more points, trannies in the military, invaders voting, the ERA and the treasonous coup with no end in sight.

Trump is improving, Amash is decaying rapidly, if he keeps his seat his voting record will start to get much worse.
    So a top tier conservative voting record along the lines of a B+ or higher is worse than a D?

Amashs' policies are much better than Trumps. Voting against increased spending and voting against involvement in the Middle East are much more important than anything you can bring up that what you think is bad about Amashs voting record.

Trump improving? How by going back on his word? Flip flopping like Romney on steroids? Since when is someone who doesn't have many grounded policies a good thing?
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-21-2020 at 05:37 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A generic statement that you ran with in order to cast Amash in a bad light.

So a top tier conservative voting record along the lines of a B+ or higher is worse than a D?

Amashs' policies are much better than Trumps. Voting against increased spending and voting against involvement in the Middle East are much more important than anything you can bring up that what you think is bad about Amashs voting record.

Trump improving? How by going back on his word? Flip flopping like Romney on steroids? Since when is someone who doesn't have many grounded policies a good thing?
    Why did Amash endorse Romney but not Trump when he claims to be a non interventionist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Why did Amash endorse Romney but not Trump when he claims to be a non interventionist?
    Where do you see Amash endorsing Romney? If he did, it could be the same reason Rand Paul endorsed Trump.

In other words, you have little ability to discuss the issue and don't learn from your mistakes because trolling is the way to get things done and make this forum better. Understood.
    Thank you, officer!

Thank you, officer!
    nothing like being lectured by a 6 month old sock puppet account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast