Thread: Oprah talks to Donald Trump in 1988

Oprah talks to Donald Trump in 1988

A nation that can't make its own furniture or clothing is not a superpower

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump for Jobs

Maybe if Rand seemed concerned with US Manufacturing and Jobs He'd have taken some of Trump's support. But Rand first supported the TPP and then said he didn't. Who knows where he stands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post
    Bump for Jobs.
    Bump for econommic illiterayc!!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

A Major who doesn't polish his own shoes can't be a good general. Btw, the US can make his own furniture but doesn't because they can be made for cheaper elsewhere. I am sure Trump understands this seeing as he contracts out many of his labor work to foreign workers. Its not like he CAN'T use American workers but its just more convenient to use illegals to do it.
    Last edited by juleswin; 03-14-2016 at 06:23 PM.

A nation that is so unproductive that it has make its own furniture or clothing is not a superpower
    Fixed your post.

Oh for $#@!'s cock. The 2016 Presidential Election sub-forum of RonPaulForums.com isn't the place for this Trump circlejerking.

$#@!ing Sanders, Trump, and all the cretins on this forum gloating over the two of them in this matter have no grasp two of the simplest lessons in economics, brought to us hundreds of years ago by Adam Smith and David Ricardo. This idea that "imports bad exports good" has to be one of the most archaic protectionist isolationist slogans I've ever heard. One country isn't supposed to make everything for themselves--it's not efficient, and it's cost intensive.

Opportunity cost, specialization, division of labor...it's one of the first lessons of macroeconomics.

Seeing some of the posts I see around here just confirm how small and intellectually unsound the Liberty Movement really was. It's a shame, we had a chance to really change things, and now 1/2 or more of our movement believes the culmination of the last 9 years ends in Donald J. Trump--an authoritarian, economic illiterate, philosophically inconsistent sodomite, political opportunist, run-of-the-mill-scum-of-the-Earth, pompous windbag with the personality and intellectual capacity of a wet carrot slathered in that stupid $#@!ing sauce people can't pronounce properly but are fond of using in Asian restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    Oh for $#@!'s cock. The 2016 Presidential Election sub-forum of RonPaulForums.com isn't the place for this Trump circlejerking.

$#@!ing Sanders, Trump, and all the cretins on this forum gloating over the two of them in this matter have no grasp two of the simplest lessons in economics, brought to us hundreds of years ago by Adam Smith and David Ricardo. This idea that "imports bad exports good" has to be one of the most archaic protectionist isolationist slogans I've ever heard. One country isn't supposed to make everything for themselves--it's not efficient, and it's cost intensive.

Opportunity cost, specialization, division of labor...it's one of the first lessons of macroeconomics.

Seeing some of the posts I see around here just confirm how small and intellectually unsound the Liberty Movement really was. It's a shame, we had a chance to really change things, and now 1/2 or more of our movement believes the culmination of the last 9 years ends in Donald J. Trump--an authoritarian, economic illiterate, philosophically inconsistent sodomite, political opportunist, run-of-the-mill-scum-of-the-Earth, pompous windbag with the personality and intellectual capacity of a wet carrot slathered in that stupid $#@!ing sauce people can't pronounce properly but are fond of using in Asian restaurants.
    But he is anti establishment, doesn't care about political correctness and he unlike the others in the race realized that the Iraq war was a disaster albeit after the war already became unpopular. Are you telling me that those three important qualities count for nothing?

But he is anti establishment, doesn't care about political correctness and he unlike the others in the race realized that the Iraq war was a disaster albeit after the war already became unpopular. Are you telling me that those three important qualities count for nothing?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's not everyone here, or even half. It's only a handful of people who only want to divide and distract. It's not about shilling for a ghoul-endorsed authoritarian candidate. It's about an attempt to render RPF ineffective, and drive productive people off - notice how these same people have always been right in the center of every controversial topic since their arrival, telling us not to support Liberty or Liberty Candidates. Completely clogging up an entire forum section with endless shill threads is their way of making their numbers and support appear larger.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Bump for Jobs

Maybe if Rand seemed concerned with US Manufacturing and Jobs He'd have taken some of Trump's support. But Rand first supported the TPP and then said he didn't. Who knows where he stands now.
    Each cycle all the other Republicans were hard core NAFTA and free trade agreement candidates. Those that opposed had no where else to go other than to hold their nose for Rand or Ron since at least they said these agreements violate national sovereignty. It was only a matter of time a nationalist or protectionist candidate entered the race the average folks would flock to.
    Last edited by kahless; 03-14-2016 at 10:29 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    only if he also makes the trains run on time.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic