Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firehouse Subs

I called Jersey Mike. They have a free sub coupon for me but the manager said they would probably continue to ask if I want bacon. Apparently, non pork eaters order the sub without realizing there's bacon on it even though it's right there on the sign. Does lack of pork effect (affect? I can't keep those two straight) vision?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a Firehouse Sub in town. I'm thinking of going there and ordering the club just to see if they ask if I want bacon on it - it comes with bacon. If they don't, I have a new sub joint.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I called Jersey Mike. They have a free sub coupon for me but the manager said they would probably continue to ask if I want bacon. Apparently, non pork eaters order the sub without realizing there's bacon on it even though it's right there on the sign. Does lack of pork effect (affect? I can't keep those two straight) vision?
    What is the percentage of non-pork eaters who don't know about bacon? Why does everybody else need to have their experience ruined by a few too dumb to know something obvious? This is not federally mandated like instructions on how to use a seat belt buckle on an airplane.

There's a Firehouse Sub in town. I'm thinking of going there and ordering the club just to see if they ask if I want bacon on it - it comes with bacon. If they don't, I have a new sub joint.
    Club on a sub! Looks aight.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What is the percentage of non-pork eaters who don't know about bacon? Why does everybody else need to have their experience ruined by a few too dumb to know something obvious? This is not federally mandated like instructions on how to use a seat belt buckle on an airplane.
    IDK, it seems like a trivial thing to get annoyed over but it really bothers me. I quit going to Moe's because of the same thing. I would order the Homewrecker and after telling them the meat and beans I wanted I would say, just make it like it comes. Then they would proceed to ask me what I wanted. O_o

IDK, it seems like a trivial thing to get annoyed over but it really bothers me. I quit going to Moe's because of the same thing. I would order the Homewrecker and after telling them the meat and beans I wanted I would say, just make it like it comes. Then they would proceed to ask me what I wanted. O_o
    Minimum wage employees $#@!ing with you at the behest of the corporate HQ is not a trivial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    12"?

Pfft...

This is a right proper New Jersey sub at 15".

Almost a big as my... well, you know.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Almost a big as my... well, you know.
    Your Firehouse sub?

I'm going to go there his weekend to find out where they land on the bacon issue.

Your Firehouse sub?
    Yeah... that's the ticket.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I did not make it to Firehouse for one of osan's big uns but my son popped into Jersey Mikes and got Jersey Miked. He said he ordered his sub and was pleasantly surprised when the girl didn't ask him if he wanted bacon. He thinks, wow maybe they listened to mom's bitching. Then, when the girl is almost done, she asks him if he wants anything else on the sub and he's like, what about the bacon??? She didn't ask if he wanted bacon, she just left it off. He's ready to give Firehouse a try but he had enough shore points for a free sub so he went to Jersey Mikes.

He's beginning to believe my bacon conspiracy theories.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I did not make it to Firehouse for one of osan's big uns but my son popped into Jersey Mikes and got Jersey Miked. He said he ordered his sub and was pleasantly surprised when the girl didn't ask him if he wanted bacon. He thinks, wow maybe they listened to mom's bitching. Then, when the girl is almost done, she asks him if he wants anything else on the sub and he's like, what about the bacon??? She didn't ask if he wanted bacon, she just left it off. He's ready to give Firehouse a try but he had enough shore points for a free sub so he went to Jersey Mikes.

He's beginning to believe my bacon conspiracy theories.
    Just have a #2...trust me.

It cannot be a Club without bacon . Without bacon it is a sorority girl salad .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    sorority girl salad .
    Yum.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

My BFF volunteered to bring subs to the tailgate party last night and I have to say, those were the nastiest subs I've ever put in my mouth. She spent a lot of time in Europe and of all the great foods you try traveling around this is the gross thing she hangs on to.

Here's the recipe for the nastiest sub evvvveeerrr...

Publix roll (starting off strong with good bread)
    Boars Head Ham (you probably thinking that doesn't sound bad)
    tomatoes (okay)
    tons of boiled egg ()
    tons of Miracle Whip (*gag*)

No salt, pepper....nothing else. My teenage garbage disposal couldn't even eat the damn things.

My BFF volunteered to bring subs to the tailgate party last night and I have to say, those were the nastiest subs I've ever put in my mouth. She spent a lot of time in Europe and of all the great foods you try traveling around this is the gross thing she hangs on to.

Here's the recipe for the nastiest sub evvvveeerrr...

Publix roll (starting off strong with good bread)
    tomatoes (okay)
    tons of boiled egg ()
    tons of Miracle Whip (*gag*)

No salt, pepper....nothing else. My teenage garbage disposal couldn't even eat the damn things.
    Blechh...WTF?

European food tastes...sigh...white people, do something.

Never been there. I guess I've been living out of the country for a long time, because I'm not even familiar with the place.

But from the sound of it, I probably wouldn't go there anyway, if all they serve is thinly sliced rotting flesh coated with coagulated cow pus. But knock yourself out.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I've never had Firehouse Subs.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Blechh...WTF?

European food tastes...sigh...white people, do something.

Yes we eat our fries with mayo. But they're not French fries and our mayo is different as well. (better)
    "I am a bird"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just have a #2...trust me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Yes we eat our fries with mayo. But they're not French fries and our mayo is different as well. (better)

I guess it takes a Cheesehead to be a snob about their fries (that they got from Belgium).
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Boars Head is such a great name if you think about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MgyRO3c870

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I guess it takes a Cheesehead to be a snob about their fries (that they got from Belgium).
    The mayo is Belgian.. Belgian fries are not my kind of thing. I prefer French or Dutch fries, really thin or medium. The Belgian ones are big and have a rectangular cross section, not my piece of cake. Dutch mayo is better than American mayo, but with fries, Belgian mayo is the king.. It's more acidic, mustardy, it has great flavour.

But I am a snob about my food in general. Which is why I only dine in good restaurants or get fast food, I'm more than capable of making mediocre food.
    "I am a bird"

The mayo is Belgian.. Belgian fries are not my kind of thing. I prefer French or Dutch fries, really thin or medium. The Belgian ones are big and have a rectangular cross section, not my piece of cake. Dutch mayo is better than American mayo, but with fries, Belgian mayo is the king.. It's more acidic, mustardy, it has great flavour.

But I am a snob about my food in general. Which is why I only dine in good restaurants or get fast food, I'm more than capable of making mediocre food.
    A fast food snob?

A fast food snob?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

That looks awfully familiar, lol..

Jealous! But I understand.
    "I am a bird"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I just remembered the Kracken sandwich from McDonalds (if I remember correctly) that you used to tell me about in chat. McKracken?

I just remembered the Kracken sandwich from McDonalds (if I remember correctly) that you used to tell me about in chat. McKracken?
    "I am a bird"

I finally went to Firehouse subs. I was good. I split the 4.99 medium roast beef done up however they fix 'em with my mom. My son who loves Jersey Mike's said it was just okay. He still prefers Jersey Mike's.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I think their business model is pure genius.

https://www.firehousesubs.com/media/...h-day-2018.jpg

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast