Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOJ sues MD county for racism for giving written exams

DOJ sues MD county for racism for giving written exams

Feds accuse Md. county of racial bias in hiring officers

The lawsuit asks for a court order barring the county from using written exams in the hiring process for LEOs "where such use results in a disparate impact on African Americans"

TOWSON, Md. — A Maryland county's written exams for hiring police officers have discriminated against black applicants for several years, the U.S. Justice Department alleged Tuesday in a lawsuit.

The federal lawsuit, filed by the department's civil rights division, claims Baltimore County's use of the pass/fail written exams led to hiring fewer blacks as entry-level police officers and police cadets than it would have had it used a "non-discriminatory screening device."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah
    in OTHER news...

Minneapolis Officer Charged With Murder in Australian Woman’s Death
    By Matt Furber and Mitch Smith
    March 20, 2018

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/20/u...ne-damond.html

I want MORE "AFRICAN" cops THAT CANT FUC KING READ THE LAW, TO HAVE GUNS

BIZZARO WORLD
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

The federal lawsuit, filed by the department's civil rights division
    There needs to be some firings in that division.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives.

My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

This sounds like what an Obama DOJ would do. Why is Trump letting his ppl do this?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    yeah
    in OTHER news...

Minneapolis Officer Charged With Murder in Australian Woman’s Death
    By Matt Furber and Mitch Smith
    March 20, 2018

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/20/u...ne-damond.html

I want MORE "AFRICAN" cops THAT CANT FUC KING READ THE LAW, TO HAVE GUNS

BIZZARO WORLD
    To be fair, the ability to read or not read had little to do with that lady's death. All you need is a little bit of humanity not to shoot a person who is not threatening u.

The lawsuit asks for a court order barring the county from using written exams in the hiring process for LEOs "where such use results in a disparate impact on African Americans"
    ... because?????

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    ... because?????
    Yeah, school is free and reading and writing is taught in school.

Why should anybody have an excuse to not know how to read or write?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yeah, school is free and reading and writing is taught in school.

Why should anybody have an excuse to not know how to read or write?
    Schools discourage people from enjoying reading and writing by making people read boring books and writing boring stuff as punishment.

It seems like if the majority of your job is writing tickets in order to justify stealing money from people and writing reports after a crime has occurred, then it seems reasonable to me that writing would be part of the entrance exam process.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It seems like if the majority of your job is writing tickets in order to justify stealing money from people and writing reports after a crime has occurred, then it seems reasonable to me that writing would be part of the entrance exam process.

Can't the just dictate tickets into their Smart devices (with a spell checker, of course)?

ask from ax, etc.
    Last edited by Danke; 08-29-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Law enforcement and our justice system is a racket the unions get huge amounts of money for every cop there is, but revenue generation is just the part of the job . Their main job is to target the deep states enemies. Its easier to do that if you have people who you can control because they are idiots or don't care because they are psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    To be fair, the ability to read or not read had little to do with that lady's death. All you need is a little bit of humanity not to shoot a person who is not threatening u.
    AGREED.

but I must stress that we are IMPORTING people from all over the world by the score, SOME OF WHICH DO NOT share our values, culture, and history either by IGNORANCE( see here) or MALAICE.

and giving them weapons ( and our friend QUALIFIED IMMUNITY)
    to use on natives (at he same time we have MASSIVE employment problems and tent cities in need of there own zip code...)
    and there are basically NO CONSEQUENCES...NOT REPLACEMENT

then it is the system itself.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

how did they get past second grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    how did they get past second grade?
    Public schools don't get as much funding when they fail kids or when tests scores are lower so they cheat the kids out of a good education in order to make more revenue. Poorly educated people are easier to control so its an intended consequence.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ''written exams for hiring police officers have discriminated against black applicants ''

Do they provide exhibits of this discrimination ? I'd like to see this.....

Are the applicants required to read, is that the 'beef' ?

This sounds like what an Obama DOJ would do. Why is Trump letting his ppl do this?
    Trump doesn't have the power to fire all the deepstate government workers, it will take at least a 2nd term to clean them out.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump doesn't have the power to fire all the deepstate government workers, it will take at least a 2nd term to clean them out.
    He seems to be able to fire their bosses, why do you keep saying that he can't fire some low level admin guy?

He seems to be able to fire their bosses, why do you keep saying that he can't fire some low level admin guy?
    Because civil service laws prevent it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Because they collude to cover up crimes and wrongdoing and politicize firing people by claiming he is being partisan or doing it because they are not loyal to him to demonize him.

Because civil service laws prevent it.
    I really don't know if I believe you but lets assume you are right, then why is Trump not speaking up against it? I can tell that right now with his silence, this looks bad on him. This is something you expect from a Hillary Clinton or Obama. He is starting to look more and more like Hillary especially after he set up the terrorist safe zone like Hillary wanted in Northern Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Because they collude to cover up crimes and wrongdoing and politicize firing people by claiming he is being partisan or doing it because they are not loyal to him to demonize him.
    Trump should speak up or else it is going to look bad on him. Btw, there is nothing wrong with firing an underling who is insubordinate. This is what is expected on great leaders

I really don't know if I believe you but lets assume you are right, then why is Trump not speaking up against it? I can tell that right now with his silence, this looks bad on him. This is something you expect from a Hillary Clinton or Obama. He is starting to look more and more like Hillary especially after he set up the terrorist safe zone like Hillary wanted in Northern Syria.
    That's where VVV this VVV comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trump has to be careful and avoid impeachment and get re-elected, preferably while taking back the House and gaining seats in the Senate.
    The Demoncrats would never pass anything to make it easier for him to fire deepstate government workers.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump has to be careful and avoid impeachment and get re-elected, preferably while taking back the House and gaining seats in the Senate.
    The Demoncrats would never pass anything to make it easier for him to fire deepstate government workers.
    Its hard to distinguish malice and malfeasance from incompetence and human error. They blur the line and make law enforcement into legalized injustice.

He had the house and senate when he got nominated and on top of that he had some voter momentum coming into office. If could not sort himself out then, why do you think letting him win a second term is going to help? what I mean is that, how are these problems going to go away in his 2nd term?

Also, he doesn't have to fire them to make em redundant, he can reassign them, stack the office with his people to drown out the voices of the deep state. there are other strategies he can employ other than doing nothing. .

He had the house and senate when he got nominated and on top of that he had some voter momentum coming into office. If could not sort himself out then, why do you think letting him win a second term is going to help? what I mean is that, how are these problems going to go away in his 2nd term?
    The House was controlled by RINOs and the balance in the Senate was controlled by a handful of RINOs, how much he will be able to do in a 2nd term remains to be seen.

Also, he doesn't have to fire them to make em redundant, he can reassign them, stack the office with his people to drown out the voices of the deep state. there are other strategies he can employ other than doing nothing. .
    He may be doing that kind of thing, the government is very large and he can't fix everything all at once.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The House was controlled by RINOs and the balance in the Senate was controlled by a handful of RINOs, how much he will be able to do in a 2nd term remains to be seen.

He may be doing that kind of thing, the government is very large and he can't fix everything all at once.
    is this also how you plan on excusing his plot with Turkey's president to set up the safe zone for the terrorists in Idlib Syria?

is this also how you plan on excusing his plot with Turkey's president to set up the safe zone for the terrorists in Idlib Syria?
    Trump's foreign policy is less than perfect but if he makes a deal with Turkey so he can remove the last few US troops from Syria that will be better than Hitlery or any of the other Deomncrat/RINO clowns would do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast