Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Issues Where Donald Trump is MORE Libertarian than Gary Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    There is NO Sharia law here. And Christian law requires genital mutilation of men. Look it up.
    Jewish law.
    Don't you read the New Testament?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jewish law required circumcision for Hebrew men. This was not required for Gentiles, unless they were converting to Judaism.

And for the record, circumcision for men and women is not the same. Since you are the self-proclaimed genius of the boards, you should know that.

For men, circumcision removes only the foreskin of the penis. It was replaced by baptism in the NT, and was never required for Gentiles. For women, circumcision is the removal of the clitoris. And in case you didn't know, the clitoris serves no known purpose other than sexual pleasure for a woman. There are some rather famous women who were circumcised as little girls who have never fully healed from the experience.

Medical value for male circumcision is debatable. Medical value for female circumcision, technically excision, is zero.
    Last edited by euphemia; 02-14-2018 at 08:01 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But we are not really talking about religious law, except where it conflicts with US law. The fact is, sharia law is completely alien to the American way of life. If Trump wants freedom for all, then that makes him light years ahead of Gary Johnson, who basically wanted freedom for nobody except those who want to smoke cannabis or have abortions.

That was the main thing in the OP.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Jewish law required circumcision for Hebrew men. This was not required for Gentiles, unless they were converting to Judaism.

And for the record, circumcision for men and women is not the same. Since you are the self-proclaimed genius of the boards, you should know that.

For men, circumcision removes only the foreskin of the penis. It was replaced by baptism in the NT, and was never required for Gentiles. For women, circumcision is the removal of the clitoris. And in case you didn't know, the clitoris serves no known purpose other than sexual pleasure for a woman. There are some rather famous women who were circumcised as little girls who have never fully healed from the experience.

Medical value for male circumcision is debatable. Medical value for female circumcision, technically excision, is zero.
    I don't know if you are replying to me or Ender, I only once jokingly proclaimed myself a "very stable genius" in response to a post denigrating my sanity.

As far as circumcision goes I understand all the nuances that you point out, I was correcting Ender's idiotic statement that Christianity required it and I wasn't bothering with all the technicalities.

Ender claims to be a Christian and a preacher, the post I replied to makes me doubt both claims.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't know if you are replying to me or Ender,
    Not you, sorry if I gave that impression.
    #NashvilleStrong

Not you, sorry if I gave that impression.
    No problem, it's just that my post came between Ender's and yours and yours didn't include a quote reference to Ender.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jewish law.
    Of course, and I'll bet most guys on the forum are circumcised.

Besides sarcasm, my point is that Sharia Law is not a major happening in the US and what breaks US law can be punished.
    There is no spoon.

No problem, it's just that my post came between Ender's and yours and yours didn't include a quote reference to Ender.
    He creatively edits after the fact, so quoting is probably necessary in his case.

I wish people would edit their quotes for brevity.
    #NashvilleStrong

He creatively edits after the fact, so quoting is probably necessary in his case.

I wish people would edit their quotes for brevity.
    I didn't "edit" anything and YOU were bombasting a post I wrote 1 & 1/2 years ago when Trump was discussing the registration of Muslims.

Get over it.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Yet @Ender wonders why I simply asked if he is a Muslim. Post after post defending all sorts of Muslim immigration and moral equivalence despite the facts to a point of twisting the facts.
    You called me a Muslim because I was defending the 1st Amendment- NOT all sorts of Muslim immigration- I do not believe you will find post after post.
    There is no spoon.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You called me a Muslim because I was defending the 1st Amendment- NOT all sorts of Muslim immigration- I do not believe you will find post after post.
    This is like the 5th time this has come up and again I did not call you a Muslim. I asked and you still refuse to answer the question.

The discussion had nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. We were discussing blocking Muslim immigration which you opposed.

Do you oppose blocking immigration from regions with active terrorist cells that are Muslim?

This is like the 5th time this has come up and again I did not call you a Muslim. I asked and you still refuse to answer the question.

The discussion had nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. We were discussing blocking Muslim immigration which you opposed.

Do you oppose blocking immigration from regions with active terrorist cells that are Muslim?
    You brought it up, not me.

My part of the discussion was totally about the 1st Amendment. I saw it as a clear & present danger for all religions and something that needed to be stopped.

As far as Muslim terrorist cells, I would suggest we stop funding them, get our troops out of the ME and try some peace.

You know, Ron Paul's plan.
    There is no spoon.

You brought it up, not me.

My part of the discussion was totally about the 1st Amendment. I saw it as a clear & present danger for all religions and something that needed to be stopped.

As far as Muslim terrorist cells, I would suggest we stop funding them, get our troops out of the ME and try some peace.

You know, Ron Paul's plan.
    You again avoided the question whether you are a Muslim for about the 6th time now, I think that confirms it. I am not using that as an insult or as an insult to your religion. I was just pointing out that you seem overly biased in this discussion and understandable considering you are a Muslim.

You oppose Rand's immigration plan to restrict immigration from terrorist regions which happen to be Muslim. I am going to take a guess that perhaps you have relatives in these regions?

You again avoided the question whether you are a Muslim for about the 6th time now, I think that confirms it. I am not using that as an insult or as an insult to your religion. I was just pointing out that you seem overly biased in this discussion and understandable considering you are a Muslim.

You oppose Rand's immigration plan to restrict immigration from terrorist regions which happen to be Muslim. I am going to take a guess that perhaps you have relatives in these regions?
    I'm a Christian Minister under a Vow of Poverty.

I have stated that many times and again, my main concern about Trump's remarks is the danger to all religions.

Nothing in your above post has an ounce of truth to it.

YOU brought all this carpe back up so

STOP.
    There is no spoon.

This says more about Gary Johnson than it does about Donald Trump.
    Stop believing stupid things

Jewish law.
    Psalm 119:160
    All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

All scripture is god breathed and useful for rebuking.

Why did god change his eternal law? Could it be that neither the old nor new testament are inspired by any deity and are just the fictitious writings of fallible men? That's the most likely conclusion... by far

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Psalm 119:160
    All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

All scripture is god breathed and useful for rebuking.

Why did god change his eternal law? Could it be that neither the old nor new testament are inspired by any deity and are just the fictitious writings of fallible men? That's the most likely conclusion... by far
    You have to know and understand that statutes and ordinances change, but the LAW never changes. Christ took the stripes, we take the healing.

Colossians 2:6-18

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: [circumcision of the heart ~ donnay]

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Matthew 5:17-20 (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

And clearly all will not be fulfilled until heaven and earth pass, so all the laws should still be applicable today (but it depends on which verses you read, there are massive contradiction on this topic)

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And clearly all will not be fulfilled until heaven and earth pass, so all the laws should still be applicable today (but it depends on which verses you read, there are massive contradiction on this topic)
    There are no contradictions in God's Word. The Law is the Ten Commandments. Salvation is believing in Jesus Christ and repent for our sins. Heaven and shall not pass until all that is prophesied has been fulfilled.

Matthew 24:35 (KJV)
    35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:33
    “Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.”

Mark 13:31
    Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There are no contradictions in God's Word. The Law is the Ten Commandments. Salvation is believing in Jesus Christ and repent for our sins. Heaven and shall not pass until all that is prophesied has been fulfilled.

Matthew 24:35 (KJV)
    35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:33
    “Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.”

Mark 13:31
    Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
    Why are you so dishonest?

"Law" is understood to refer to as Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
    "Prophets," which you completely ignored for some reason, refers to Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel. Which account for the majority of the old testament.

As for a plainly obvious contradiction, that you will need massive mental gymnastics to get out of, we have:

Romans 3:28

Therefore we hold that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

James 2:24
    You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

You don't read the Bible and say "YUP, NO CONTRADICTIONS." You are indoctrinated to believe that before ever even picking up the book. Why? Because your entire world view is based around that lie.

Why are you so dishonest?

"Law" is understood to refer to as Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
    "Prophets," which you completely ignored for some reason, refers to Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel. Which account for the majority of the old testament.

As for a plainly obvious contradiction, that you will need massive mental gymnastics to get out of, we have:
    [FONT="]
    Romans 3:28 [/FONT]

[FONT="]Therefore we hold that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.[/FONT]

[FONT="]James 2:24
    [/FONT]
    You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

You don't read the Bible and say "YUP, NO CONTRADICTIONS." You are indoctrinated to believe that before ever even picking up the book. Why? Because your entire world view is based around that lie.
    2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Did you know there is more in the Book of Ezekiel about the end times then there is in all of the New Testament?

You have to study the Bible to gain understanding. You need to know the subject, and who is speaking to keep it all in context.

Did you know while Jesus Christ was on the cross, he was reciting David in Psalm 22? Which was 1,000 years before his crucifixion. Prophecy was being fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    This says more about Gary Johnson than it does about Donald Trump.
    Interesting the article is dated August 2016. Yes, back then Trump said he wanted the U.S. out of NATO and the U.N. He also called for the prosecution of Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified material. He has reversed those positions since the election.

I am still glad I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 for at least one thing. Johnsons promised a 20% reduction in federal spending and a balanced budget. Trump promised more spending and a bigger national debt, and he has delivered. In 20 years, nobody will remember the positions on cake baking they took. We will be feeling the affects of debt monetization.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Did you know there is more in the Book of Ezekiel about the end times then there is in all of the New Testament?

You have to study the Bible to gain understanding. You need to know the subject, and who is speaking to keep it all in context.

Did you know while Jesus Christ was on the cross, he was reciting David in Psalm 22? Which was 1,000 years before his crucifixion. Prophecy was being fulfilled.
    thanks for the non-reply

thanks for the non-reply
    The reply is there if you believe.

Have a blessed day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12