Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19: WHY WE SHOULD ALL WEAR MASKS

I know a little bit about this topic as I sell safety supplies and is one of the reasons I am working this week, in fact I was selling N95's all this week until we ran out as my DC warehouse had a small supply left, we rationed them out to government agencies that had accounts with us.
    I have a few points for this thread.

1)There is a worldwide shortage of these, 3M one of the biggest suppliers of these masks has told us they are mandated by law to provide their products first to front line health care workers, secondly all other government agencies. Mr. Joe Blow customer is last on the list as they can't keep up the required demand.

2)N95's stop about 95% of what you are trying to stop getting to you, also if you have a beard, forget it, you are probably at 75%, even then if you don't have a double elastic a poor fit will make it less effective, that being said it is always better than nothing.

3)If you really want to up your game, we sell the P100 like this......
    https://www.amazon.com/GVS-SPR451-El...5782718&sr=8-1
    This stops 99.97% and it fits the face way better and they are reusable, it's what I would buy, they are made in England as well.
    Of coarse we sold out last week and so did Amazon.

4)N95 are designed to be used once and then thrown away, which means you need way more than you think.

6)As the illustration shows N95 help, but true protection requires sealed eye googles, and ear plugs and gloves.

7)I am not wearing any protection because my area is barely hit, but if I was in New York I would be wearing a P100 with sealed googles & disposable ear plugs with black nitrile gloves like these 8mm
    https://www.watsongloves.com/product...-green-monkey/

8)Try to find an N95 with a breathing valve it's easier to breath like this
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Cordova-...X95V/202593531
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 04-01-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    I know a little bit about this topic as I sell safety supplies and is one of the reasons I am working this week, in fact I was selling N95's all this week until we ran out as my DC warehouse had a small supply left, we rationed them out to government agencies that had accounts with us.
    I have a few points for this thread.

1)There is a worldwide shortage of these, 3M one of the biggest suppliers of these masks has told us they are mandated by law to provide their products first to front line health care workers, secondly all other government agencies. Mr. Joe Blow customer is last on the list as they can't keep up the required demand.

2)N95's stop about 95% of what you are trying to stop getting to you, also if you have a beard, forget it, you are probably at 75%, even then if you don't have a double elastic a poor fit will make it less effective, that being said it is always better than nothing.

3)If you really want to up your game, we sell the P100 like this......
    https://www.amazon.com/GVS-SPR451-El...5782718&sr=8-1
    This stops 99.97% and it fits the face way better and they are reusable, it's what I would buy, they are made in England as well.
    Of coarse we sold out last week and so did Amazon.

4)N95 are designed to be used once and then thrown away, which means you need way more than you think.

6)As the illustration shows N95 help, but true protection requires sealed eye googles, and ear plugs and gloves.

7)I am not wearing any protection because my area is barely hit, but if I was in New York I would be wearing a P100 with sealed googles & disposable ear plugs with black nitrile gloves like these 8mm
    https://www.watsongloves.com/product...-green-monkey/

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Cordova-...X95V/202593531
    Yeah, global supply is a problem. Possibly made worse in the US if reports that we are still exporting them are true.

The government has yet to curtail exports by US companies, however—roughly 280 million masks in US warehouses were purchased by foreign buyers on Monday alone, per Forbes. FEMA told us it “has not actively encouraged or discouraged U.S. companies from exporting overseas.”
    https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...42605719052290
    Good policy. People should look into making their own if they don't have any.

Certainly important for medical personnel who have to wear them all day, and will see multiple patients.

Not so important for me. I put on an N95 before going in the store, take it off 15 minutes later, and put it on the dashboard where it sits for days, often in the sun. No live viruses on that next time I put it on.

Eye protection is also important. I put on glasses, but I have been thinking about putting on the shop goggles. True protection is a fully sealed suit, but as Dr. Oz said today, "to flatten the curve, we'll take anything we can get. We can't let perfection be the enemy of the good."

I had a box of them with valves, but may run low if I keep giving them away.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/s...14002317135878
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If it was bad in my kingdom I would just make all the peasants wear one . They should not be within 10 feet of me anyway .

U.S. coronavirus deaths top 1,000 in single day, White House expected to recommend everyone wear masks

Matt Zapotosky, Isaac Stanley-Becker and John Wagner, The Washington Post
    Thursday, April 2, 2020

A pedestrian wears a mask in Washington on Thursday, April 2, 2020.

WASHINGTON - The death toll and economic devastation from the novel coronavirus reached staggering new levels in the United States on Thursday as officials reported more than 1,000 deaths from the pandemic in a single day and revealed that more than 6.6 million Americans had sought unemployment benefits in a single week.
    The White House is expected to urge at least some people across the country to begin wearing cloth masks or face coverings in public to dampen the spread of the virus. The potential reversal of earlier mask recommendations - which White House officials indicated Thursday were still being debated - signaled the seriousness of the outbreak and rising concerns in Washington about the effect it could have on millions of Americans.

https://www.thehour.com/news/article...y-15175763.php

Related

They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can't get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!
    https://t.co/UxZRwxxKL9
    — U.S. Surgeon General (@Surgeon_General) February 29, 2020

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    The Czech Republic had it right from the start...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZtEX2-n2Hc

https://masks4all.org/

#Mask4All
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    The White House hasn't figured this out yet however...

Their latest tweet on guidelines for every American for the next 30 days... nothing about masks.

This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

I'm only going to raves after this.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    The White House hasn't figured this out yet however...

Their latest tweet on guidelines for every American for the next 30 days... nothing about masks.

At this point, all politicians and “health” officials who say not to wear masks should be held criminally liable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    At this point, all politicians and “health” officials who say not to wear masks should be held criminally liable.
    What masks.. China has them all. You think nurses who complain that their hospital isnt giving them enough are too stupid to buy their own? If we confiscate every mask 3m makes in a year it wouldn't be enough for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    What masks.. China has them all. You think nurses who complain that their hospital isnt giving them enough are too stupid to buy their own? If we confiscate every mask 3m makes in a year it wouldn't be enough for the public.
    I've answered you already Zippy.

I've answered you already Zippy.
    No seriously what masks can we mitigate our medical system from crashing? You are being the zippyjuan here. I am no sockpuppet.

No seriously what masks can we mitigate our medical system from crashing? You are being the zippyjuan here. I am no sockpuppet.
    Reminder of this exact same conversation:

Ah. So you are pushing the "no masks for the public" line because you think that it will make them unavailable for healthcare workers. The public should use homemade ones right now. Healthcare workers should use the best they can get.

Hospital administrators that deny workers the right to wear them should be fired.
    You are behaving exactly like Zippy. You keep going around in circles, changing the subject, evading questions, and "forgetting" past conversations, as if you are more than one person. Are you drinking and forgetting what you post?

Reminder of this exact same conversation:

You are behaving exactly like Zippy. You keep going around in circles, changing the subject, evading questions, and "forgetting" past conversations, as if you are more than one person. Are you drinking and forgetting what you post?
    What happens when they can't get any or use faulty or soiled masks because 300 million Americans want one? Go on...

What happens when they can't get any or use faulty or soiled masks because 300 million Americans want one? Go on...
    False scenario. Average Americans are not stopping them from getting equipment.

It is an issue for hospitals and suppliers. And if the suppliers are up to shenanigans, the government will have to deal with them. If no outside supplies are available, healthcare workers should be able to make the best in-house or homemade masks, and know how to properly use them.

False scenario. Average Americans are not stopping them from getting equipment.

It is an issue for hospitals and suppliers. And if the suppliers are up to shenanigans, the government will have to deal with them. If no outside supplies are available, healthcare workers should be able to make the best in-house or homemade masks, and know how to properly use them.
    no ok already said if we seized supplies there wouldn't be enough. You can't ramp up manufacturing to meet demand. Normally healthcare professionals can use multiple masks. I'll answer this one for you. What do you think would of happened to Rand Paul if his doctor infected him because he didn't use clean Ppe or just didn't have any when he was in the hospital for his lungs while he was recovering.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    no ok already said if we seized supplies there wouldn't be enough. You can't ramp up manufacturing to meet demand. Normally healthcare professionals can use multiple masks. I'll answer this one for you. What do you think would of happened to Rand Paul if his doctor infected him because he didn't use clean Ppe or just didn't have any when he was in the hospital for his lungs while he was recovering.
    You are straw-manning. No one is debating that medical staff should have and use masks.

You are straw-manning. No one is debating that medical staff should have and use masks.
    No I am not straw Manning. They are going without masks now. Are you saying that advocating to the public that they are required to wear a mask isn't going to cause even some people to purchase them and reduce the quantity available to medical staff? What would you do if you were practicing medicine and there were none? I'm sure some people will willingly put themselves in harm's way but we already have an artificial shortage of medically trained personell which can't be fixed over night either. Medical personell who can't stop themselves from getting people sicker by giving them covid 19 who are already sick would increase the medical malpractice deaths by 10 fold.

You didn't answer the question. What "current models" say that the virus spreads more with masks?

As for your statement about the effectiveness of masks, that's like saying that only 1000SPF sun block works, so no one should wear 45 or 30 SPF.
    Don't expect a Trumpbot to give you actual data. It's all emotional button smashing and disinformation with @nikcers.

No I am not straw Manning. They are going without masks now. Are you saying that advocating to the public that they are required to wear a mask isn't going to cause even some people to purchase them and reduce the quantity available to medical staff? What would you do if you were practicing medicine and there were none? I'm sure some people will willingly put themselves in harm's way but we already have an artificial shortage of medically trained personell which can't be fixed over night either. Medical personell who can't stop themselves from getting people sicker by giving them covid 19 who are already sick would increase the medical malpractice deaths by 10 fold.
    I'm not going in circles anymore with you. Everyone has heard your concern about the medical profession.

You are trolling, and it will stop. You have been warned.

I'm not going in circles anymore with you. Everyone has heard your concern about the medical profession.

You are trolling, and it will stop. You have been warned.
    I'm not trolling I won't come here anymore if I'm not welcome Brian. I'm not trying to cause you any problems. honest.

it's all name-calling with you. reported.
    Trumpbot is no worse than your use of the term TDS so go report yourself chump.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1) Emotional button pushing....check.

2) Obfuscation of actual facts....check

3) Attempt to derail actual useful discussion that goes against the Trump fear train...check

More people are dying from the B.S. "safer at home" order than are dying in countries like Taiwan where the kids still go to school.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    1) Emotional button pushing....check.

2) Obfuscation of actual facts....check

3) Attempt to derail actual useful discussion that goes against the Trump fear train...check

More people are dying from the B.S. "safer at home" order than are dying in countries like Taiwan where the kids still go to school.
    So the government should use contact tracing to map who has it based on digital metadata and the government has the ability to lock any individual up and anyone who they seem they have contacted against there will because that's what Taiwan did.

So the government should use contact tracing to map who has it based on digital metadata and the government has the ability to lock any individual up and anyone who they seem they have contacted against there will because that's what Taiwan did.
    Why arent journalists on the filed using masks or gloves?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast