Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump tweets: "Third rate grandstander" Massie is a disaster for Kentucky and America

Trump tweets: "Third rate grandstander" Massie is a disaster for Kentucky and America

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    'Mr. No': Meet the U.S. congressman who might delay the coronavirus bill

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21E26K

On DrudgeReport.com

Trump is good friend of Rand but hates Massie.

Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post

Makes no sense.
    Define "good". Is it synonymous with "fair weather"?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Define "good". Is it synonymous with "fair weather"?

That was 4 years ago. Do I need to post all the rounds of golf they've played together, Rand flying around on Air Force One, and Trump repeating that Rand has always been there for him.

That was 4 years ago. Do I need to post all the rounds of golf they've played together, Rand flying around on Air Force One, and Trump repeating that Rand has always been there for him.
    No. Rand Paul has been there for him.

My question is, has he built up any good will? Or will Trump turn on him like a spoiled child the first time Rand Paul defies him?

Makes no sense.
    Trump makes no sense. Period.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Massie's primary opponent is going to jump all over this as he has already made it a point to attack Massie for not being a Trump supporter. Hope this attack doesn't end up costing Thomas his seat.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No. Rand Paul has been there for him.

My question is, has he built up any good will? Or will Trump turn on him like a spoiled child the first time Rand Paul defies him?
    I think Trump is in the middle of a crisis and lashing out at any who appear to stand in his way.

That's been a good and bad quality for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Massie's primary opponent is going to jump all over this as he has already made it a point to attack Massie for not being a Trump supporter. Hope this attack doesn't end up costing Thomas his seat.
    I hope so too. We need to support Rep. Massie!

There is a backlash and support for his stance.

Makes no sense.
    It's incredible that one of the biggest opponents of defecit/debt spending is a good friend of one of the biggest champions of big gummit deficit/debt spending.

But then China's Xi , North Korea autocratic KJU and Israel Likudnite neocons funded Netanyahu are also his good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    It's incredible that one of the biggest opponents of defecit/debt spending is a good friend of one of the biggest champions of big gummit deficit/debt spending.

But then China's Xi , North Korea autocratic KJU and Israel Likudnite neocons funded Netanyahu are also his good friends.
    Rand made inroads and built a working relationship. That has been beneficial for our ideas.

I don't believe Trump should have lashed out at Massie. I can't understand why he would. There will be fallout on both sides.

Mainstream media already helping his opponent.

Here's a fake news article pushing his opponent, saying that Massie is a huge opponent of Trump.

“Amongst all Republicans in Washington, Thomas Massie is considered the most anti-Trump Republican, the person that votes with the president the least,” McMurtry said.
    He voted for Trump’s preferred outcome on vote legislation 43 percent of the time, the data for 2018 show.
    https://www.rollcall.com/2020/03/27/...ut-of-the-gop/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Mainstream media already helping his opponent.

Here's a fake news article pushing his opponent, saying that Massie is a huge opponent of Trump.

It's funny because Massie's opponent is actually the Never Trumper in the race. He even called for a coup against Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6IvVRUpK8

In other news:

Trump calls for ousting GOP congressman from party ahead of coronavirus relief vote

Rep. Thomas Massie has signaled that he could hold up House passage of the stimulus measure.

Rep. Thomas Massie. | J. Scott Applewhite/AP Photo
    By QUINT FORGEY
    03/27/2020

President Donald Trump on Friday called for ousting from the Republican Party a GOP congressman who has signaled that he could hold up an impending House vote on the Senate's $2 trillion coronavirus emergency relief package.
    "Looks like a third rate Grandstander named @RepThomasMassie, a Congressman from, unfortunately, a truly GREAT State, Kentucky, wants to vote against the new Save Our Workers Bill in Congress," Trump wrote on Twitter.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...us-vote-151523

Rand made inroads and built a working relationship. That has been beneficial for our ideas.

I don't believe Trump should have lashed out at Massie. I can't understand why he would. There will be fallout on both sides.
    Rand did influence some policy decisions , he tends to find common ground with opposite sides as we also saw during Rand's work with Dem Senator Cory Booker. But in bigger scheme of things domestic liberties, defcits , big gummit spending has gotten worse and no meaningful changes in globalist foreign policy.

MONEY BOMB! NOW!

Have an impact! Stand with Massie!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...B-NOW!-3-27-20

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But in bigger scheme of things domestic liberties, defcits , big gummit spending has gotten worse and no meaningful changes in globalist foreign policy.
    Yea, my hope and dreams tank is running on fumes.

We're in for some big changes one way or another.

Trump's Attack on Those Who Represent My Ideas Cements Suspicions

I'm not a Trump supporter at all, but Trump's attacks on Rep. Massie destroys any iota of instance that a vote for Trump would ever be considerable, in my opinion. People who claim to want to "drain the Swamp" don't attack others who go after the "drain plug."
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Nothing wrong with hating Trump, millions of great Americans do.

Satanic worship is not for everyone.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 03-27-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    I'm not a Trump supporter at all, but Trump's attacks on Rep. Massie destroys any iota of instance that a vote for Trump would ever be considerable, in my opinion. People who claim to want to "drain the Swamp" don't attack others who go after the "drain plug."
    If Rand wouldn't have made any inroads, I wouldn't have any hope left.

I'm testing positive for a case of cognitive dissonance today. Perhaps, it's a false positive - hopefully this is part of the q misinformation campaign. Right, right???

<facepalm>

Trump will be OUT soon... No President has won re-election during a recession.

Meanwhile our guys will still be standing. Vindicated and treated as heroes in a movement looking for new leadership.

Democratic lawmaker on stimulus vote delay: 'There will be blood on Thomas Massie's hands'

BY JOE CONCHA
    03/27/20

Rep. Max Rose (D-N.Y.) called Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) "un-American" during a passionate Fox News interview Friday morning and warned there will be blood on his hands if he forces Congress to push back a vote on a $2 trillion coronavius stimulus bill.

"Can you give me a read on where we are? We understand Thomas Massie, this Republican, who may hold things up a bit longer, although we still expect final passage at some point," asked "America's Newsroom" anchor Ed Henry.

"Is he on the house floor weighing his options? He’s a libertarian who is not happy about some of the spending items in here."

"So let me take a moment and talk about Thomas Massie, because I don't take his actions or his threats so lightly," Rose replied.

"Every single day constituents of mine, residents of my district, Staten Island and south Brooklyn, are dying. We see New York City, New York state, the epicenter of this crisis and that crisis will move on to other places in America."

"You aren't a libertarian, you're un-American. If we push this back 24 hours there will be blood on Thomas Massie's hands, anyone else who steps in the way of this, blood on their hands. We’ve got to get the money out into hospitals' pockets; PPE for our first responders, action is needed."

read more:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...lood-on-thomas

At least we know for sure now that enabling Trump with slobbery praise doesn't get you anything.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

The vote just went down...

Thomas called for a roll call, the Speaker Pro Tem asked everyone wanting a roll call to rise. Without even looking up (reading from his script) he says there are not enough members requesting a roll call.

So Thomas demand a quorum count. Again, without even looking up, and reading from the script, the Speaker Pro Tem says there is indeed a quorum.

The bill passes on a voice vote.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Massie rejects Trump's demand he be ousted from GOP
    The Kentucky Republican also said in an interview that he was threatened by GOP leadership for forcing lawmakers to return for a vote on the coronavirus relief package.

By BETSY WOODRUFF SWAN
    03/27/2020

Rep. Thomas Massie isn’t sorry.

He’s facing scorching criticism — including from President Donald Trump and just about every Democrat — for forcing members of Congress to travel back to Washington to vote on a $2 trillion coronavirus rescue package.

But in a phone interview with POLITICO, the Kentucky Republican said he was just standing up for the Constitution — and that he has no plans to leave the GOP as Trump demanded.

Massie said House Republican leadership leaned hard on him to try to get him in line.

“I was offered a lot of things and I was threatened with some things,” he said, declining to elaborate.

Ultimately, party leaders figured a workaround of sorts where a quorum — at least 216 members — showed up Friday to rebuff Massie’s demand for a formal roll call vote on the measure, which will boost unemployment insurance, provide some cash to individuals and offer a lifeline to distressed industries.

Despite the attacks from across the political spectrum, he said many of his fellow members secretly supported his move.

read more:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-demand-152212

You forgot Dennis Rodman.

It's funny because Massie's opponent is actually the Never Trumper in the race. He even called for a coup against Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6IvVRUpK8
    A military coup against the President if I recall .

Makes no sense.
    Massie doesn't kiss the ring.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast