Thread: Citizen steps up and takes out cop killer. Cops show up and kill him.

Exclamation Citizen steps up and takes out cop killer. Cops show up and kill him.

Hat tip to @tod evans

This story is ongoing.

Hurley, the hero in this, was a WeAreChange guy, a CCW guy and most likely a Ron Paul guy.

Amped up cops charged in, and shot him dead after he saved other's lives.

When does this white man get riots in his name, huh?

$#@!, $#@!ing $#@!...I see a cop down, I'm walking on by...

In the words of John Corriea, "not my circus, not my monkeys".

Arvada officer 'ambushed' in Olde Town Arvada attack, Good Samaritan hailed 'hero'

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...an-hailed-hero

By: Blayke Roznowski

Posted at 4:41 PM, Jun 22, 2021
    and last updated 7:30 AM, Jun 23, 2021

Arvada, Colo. — In an update Tuesday, the Arvada Police Department said the man who killed two people — including Officer Gordon Beesley and a Good Samaritan — expressed a hatred of police officers and ambushed Beesley in the attack in Olde Town Arvada Monday afternoon.

The department identified the Good Samaritan as John Hurley, 40, of Golden. Chief Link Strate called Hurley a “true hero who likely disrupted what could have been a larger loss of life.”

The department did not release further details on the circumstances surrounding the shooting or how Hurley intervened to help, but said Beesley was targeted by the suspect because “he was wearing an Arvada Police uniform and a badge.”

The Jefferson County Coroner's Office confirmed the suspected shooter is Ronald Troyke, 59, of Arvada. His cause of death is multiple gunshot wounds.

On Monday, the department said Beesley was responding to a call of a suspicious incident near the Arvada Library in Olde Town at around 1:15 p.m. About 15 minutes later, the department received calls of shots fired in the area and that an officer had been shot.

“Gordon was a true gentleman and a kind soul. He always had a smile on his face and everyone felt better after having a conversation with Gordon,” Strate said. “It is an inconceivable loss for his family.”

Beesley, a 19-year veteran with the department since 2002, worked as a patrol officer, field training officer, motorcycle officer and as a school resource officer at Oberon Middle School.

Donations for Beesley can be made through the Colorado Fallen Hero Foundation. Details are not yet available for donations to Hurley’s family.

A vigil will be held Tuesday night to honor Beesley at Peace Lutheran Church, 5675 Field St. in Arvada, at 7 p.m. The community is invited but space at the church is limited. The vigil will be streamed on the city’s website and will air it on the city’s Channel 8.

The Arvada mayor and city council released a statement that read, in part:

“Now, more than ever, we must pull together and support each other through this difficult time. Despite what happened yesterday, Arvada remains a community of neighbors and friends. We will follow Officer Beesley’s example, and we will continue to find and grow what is good in our community.”

The Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office’s Critical Incident Response Team is investigating the police shooting that occurred. State and federal law enforcement partners are also assisting in investigating the shooting.

“While this was a deliberate act of violence, we still believe this was an isolated incident and our community is safe,” Strate said.

Counseling for anyone impacted by the shooting will be available at Shrine of Saint Anne’s 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-24-2021 at 06:11 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It's always a possibility. Keep your head on a swivel. Back off when ya need to back off. Which means when law enforcement shows up on scene.

I'm just gonna take a wild guess and assume that policy was followed.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Very sad to hear that an Officer died as well.

Tragic, truly.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's always a possibility. Keep your head on a swivel. Back off when ya need to back off. Which means when law enforcement shows up on scene.
    Yeah, I want to see the body cam on the cop that shot him.

That's the danger of getting wound up with cops in any way.

RIP brother...Jesus what a shame.

Ronald Troyke is the man ID'd as the cop killer.

So far there is NO pictures of him anywhere on the interwebs.

You know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So I guess we have 2 heroes in this story
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    So I guess we have 2 heroes in this story

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I will still offer a drowning LEO a big glass of water if he/she needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

So far there is NO pictures of him anywhere on the interwebs.

You know what that means.
    looks like a white guy.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...8-d14f79e372c6
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm just gonna take a wild guess and assume that policy was followed.
    Without a doubt.

There is a very common scenario in a lot of the accidental killings.

- Someone calls the police, reports person with a gun, possible shooter.
    - Police dispatcher often embellishes the report when sending officers.
    - Police show up, primed for a gunfight. Shoot a person who was not a real threat.

Now in this case, there is strange twist to that scenario. There was an active shooter, there was no exaggeration going on. But when they showed, they accidentally killed the good guy, bad guy was already down.

In many of these scenarios, the person shot by police does something very stupid to get shot. In other cases, it is nearly instantaneous. They can often cite the criminal background of the person shot, or other crimes they were committing. It can be somewhat justified in many people’s minds. But not in the case. The cop that shot him will not be feeling good about this.

Unfortunately, this was an accident, and it will be a case of “policy was followed”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Latest report was that Hurley was holding Troyke's AR-15 when cops rolled up. I imagine this is a serious case of mistaken identity. Cops in route recieve report of man with rifle just shot an police officer. Roll up on scene. See man with Ar-15 in hand and open fire. I'd imagine Hurley was just trying to secure the firearm but it inadvertently put him in the sights of responding cops. As I've been taught multiple times now in defensive classes, when cops are rolling up on scene put your gun down, raise your hands and do not make sudden moves.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Latest report was that Hurley was holding Troyke's AR-15 when cops rolled up. I imagine this is a serious case of mistaken identity. Cops in route recieve report of man with rifle just shot an police officer. Roll up on scene. See man with Ar-15 in hand and open fire. I'd imagine Hurley was just trying to secure the firearm but it inadvertently put him in the sights of responding cops. As I've been taught multiple times now in defensive classes, when cops are rolling up on scene put your gun down, raise your hands and do not make sudden moves.
    And likely a case of “shoot first, ask questions later.”

It’s possible the cop snuck up (due to the situation) vs. rolling in with sirens blaring.

Good Samaritan may have been removing the mag and clearing the AR-15, making it look like he was reloading...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.