Thread: Another case of the creeping crud

Another case of the creeping crud

*whine moan bitch grumble*

yep.. started with the sore throat.. all of a sudden.. there it was

took extra C and zinc immediately. Chugged and gargled with colloidal silver.
    went to bed.. way early. Woke a lot during the night.. trying to swallow.. pain.
    Elderberry lozenges..

Next day.. yep.. creeps around, sneaks into my back teeth.. arghghgh and my voice is almost non existent. Cross between Bea Arthur and James Hedfield.
    double up on C and zinc and more silver..
    coconut oil pull.. serious bone broth..
    elderberry cough remedy.. bed.. crappy sleep

Today.. awoke with a lovely cough too - hurty one - less voice than yesterday (fantastic with a mostly deaf dad to care for who I'm trying to not share air with right now)

ate a smashed clove of garlic with salt
    chasing with hot tea of
    echinacea, ginger, roobios, lemon and honey

Planning more broth.. maybe some tumeric tea (not in a dairy product)

Am I missing anything?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post

Am I missing anything?

Bourbon and more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Bourbon and more sleep.
    bourbon.. hmmm.. wonder if I have any around.. I know there's rum.. amaretto..maybe Kahlua
    cuz.. I'm not sweating enough.. booze *eye roll*

sleep..challenging but yep.. it needs to happen
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Got the chronic stuffy nose yet? When that happens, neti pot. Looks gross but it works better than anything and has zero side effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Got the chronic stuffy nose yet? When that happens, neti pot. Looks gross but it works better than anything and has zero side effects.
    no stuffy nose.. no voice.. sore throat.. violent cough (infrequent) but breathing just fine

no stuffy nose.. no voice.. sore throat.. violent cough (infrequent) but breathing just fine
    My fave thing for throat issues generally is Throat Coat tea. ~hugs~
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Spoonfuls of local honey might help.

This stuff has always worked for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutribiotic-L...t+seed+extract
    Sore throat, gargle with 10 drops in half a glass of water then swallow it.

Stuffed up nose, put 4 drops in a 1.5 oz bottle of saline nasal spray, shake well and use.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Garlic and honey syrup. Super easy to make. 5-8 cloves of garlic (minced) and 1 cup of honey allow it to sit overnight.

Here's an easy enough recipe to follow: https://www.growingupherbal.com/how-...t-more-garlic/

Echinacea, Licorice and Honey All Natural Cough Syrup
    Author: Sara – My Merry Messy Life
    Prep time: 5 mins
    Cook time: 50 mins
    Total time: 55 mins
    A tasty and effective recipe for an all-natural cough syrup that actually works to boost the immune system and suppress a cough.
    Ingredients
    1/2 cup echinacea root
    1/2 cup licorice root
    3/4 to 1 cup honey (raw, organic, local honey is best)
    4 cups distilled water
    1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
    2 tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced or finely chopped
    Instructions
    Place the echinacea, licorice, cinnamon and ginger into a pot of 3 cups of distilled water.
    Heat water until boiling, then reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes (the longer it simmers the more goodness you’ll get out of the herbs). Reduce the water by half.
    Sift out the herbs from the water by using a French press or cheese cloth.
    Pour into a jar and let it cool until warm.
    Add the honey and stir.
    Take 1-2 tablespoons 2-3 times a day at the first sign of a cold or flu and continue taking as needed.
    http://mymerrymessylife.com/2013/02/...ugh-syrup.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I've been sick, too. Same thing. I feel a lot better but the cough is still hanging around. Not pissing my pants coughing like I was doing on the 4th but it's still there. I just drank a bunch hot tea with honey and drank some cough syrup when I had to be around people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Strep threat has been going around. Antibiotics usually work.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Codeine helps with a cough but good luck with that today....

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I've been sick, too. Same thing. I feel a lot better but the cough is still hanging around. Not pissing my pants coughing like I was doing on the 4th but it's still there. I just drank a bunch hot tea with honey and drank some cough syrup when I had to be around people.
    that seems to be going around a lot as of late.

Feeling better toady, @opal?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Feeling better toady, @opal?
    i don't know if I'm getting better or just getting used to the crud. Sore throat.. check, cough.. check, my voice is sorta back.. not normal but not a whisper squeak today.. sleeping is still a challenge *hack.. kagle..run to pottie*.

I had to cut back on vit C.. we know the symptoms of C saturation.. almost got there.

I am ooooozzzzing garlic fragrance wherever I wander. I hope elephant garlic has the same healing properties as standard garlic .. I've been eating a good size clove/toe? every day.. can't smell much else.

And now the AC is on the fritz.. not cooling worth a crap and I really REALLY do not feel like going outside.. at all.. much less to inspect/clean the coils. It's hot in the house but way hotter out there..

yep.. still whining
    Last edited by opal; 07-10-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: wall o text

i don't know if I'm getting better or just getting used to the crud. Sore throat.. check, cough.. check, my voice is sorta back.. not normal but not a whisper squeak today.. sleeping is still a challenge *hack.. kagle..run to pottie*.

I had to cut back on vit C.. we know the symptoms of C saturation.. almost got there.

I am ooooozzzzing garlic fragrance wherever I wander. I hope elephant garlic has the same healing properties as standard garlic .. I've been eating a good size clove/toe? every day.. can't smell much else.

And now the AC is on the fritz.. not cooling worth a crap and I really REALLY do not feel like going outside.. at all.. much less to inspect/clean the coils. It's hot in the house but way hotter out there..

yep.. still whining
    Get some zinc too.

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Elderberr...Blozenges&th=1
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Strep threat has been going around. Antibiotics usually work.
    Yep went around our house in springtime, DW got it twice: first in house and last in house.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

zinc is in my dailys... upped to 200 for the duration of this PITA

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Drink lots of apple cider vinegar