Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump expected to increase Police Militarization by lifting ban on military gear

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Does the federal government have the constitutional power to limit what type of weapons states can use?
    Does the federal or state governments have the constitutional power to limit what type of weapons individuals can use?
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    Keep this in mind when you see "antifa" cheer leading. These people have no idea what they are asking for.
    They do.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does the federal government have the constitutional power to limit what type of weapons states can use?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is a very complicated question. I don't think there is enough space here to fully explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Does the federal or state governments have the constitutional power to limit what type of weapons individuals can use?
    We need to fix the bad laws about what citizens can have before we should even consider agreeing to let the police go full Storm Trooper.

What the states and locals can do is not the same as what they should do, if they are going to have military forces they should be different than the Kops.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    So in this case Trump is actually doing the correct thing, although I doubt he was worried about the constitutional aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We need to fix the bad laws about what citizens can have before we should even consider agreeing to let the police go full Storm Trooper.

What the states and locals can do is not the same as what they should do, if they are going to have military forces they should be different than the Kops.
    I totally agree, but I don't like the idea of ignoring the constitution out of convenience. If you don't like the local police using military gear the correct thing is to vote for a new governor or sheriff or whoever is in charge of that decision.

I totally agree, but I don't like the idea of ignoring the constitution out of convenience. If you don't like the local police using military gear the correct thing is to vote for a new governor or sheriff or whoever is in charge of that decision.
    Let's just say there is a list as long as both my arms and both my legs of things that Dump should have fixed first.

Also remember that the Feds are subsidizing the militarization of the police.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Let's just say there is a list as long as both my arms and both my legs of things that Dump should have fixed first.

Yup.

This should be pretty obvious to anyone looking at this as in who is paying for this crap?

The states are federal whores. Stop the fiat and this crap slows down.

See ya all at the scrap drive for the war effort this Saturday.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Make Armed Gangs Attack! ...Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Can't repeal Obamacare.

Can't repeal NAFTA.

Can't get tax cuts.

Can't repeal McClure/Volkmer.

But sure as $#@! can copsuck.
    How about that...

...almost like it was....

...predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Not likely. Surplus donate to PD. Your PD will either hire new mechanics retired from military for the MRAPs, work something with local Nat'l Guard, or the city/county/university will contract diesel technicians familiar with them. My guess is the second, because it facilitates the mingling of PD with the military. In a few years, we'll see PD formally integrated with the military. They already train together, and many are vets.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Pretty much.
    No, not pretty much.

This doesn't get to be blamed on "teh globalists."

This is the work of the anti-"teh globalists" President.

...why, it's almost like the local government in DC is the threat, and all this globalist talk is Goldstein.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We still have troops serving under the U.N. Seems like a globalist administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    We still have troops serving under the U.N. Seems like a globalist administration.
    Is this a serious comment? If so, you actually think the UN controls those troops?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Make Armed Gangs Attack! ...Again!

How about that...

...almost like it was....

...predictable.

Yep

No, not pretty much.

This doesn't get to be blamed on "teh globalists."

This is the work of the anti-"teh globalists" President.

...why, it's almost like the local government in DC is the threat, and all this globalist talk is Goldstein.
    And like usual you're full of $#@!. You seriously don't think this country is trying to be the World Police? This is the quote timosman was responding to;

In a few years, we'll see PD formally integrated with the military. They already train together, and many are vets.
    Sorry if that triggers your one world government defense reflex.
    "The Patriarch"

Rev 3.0 takes himself too seriously while serving as a definition of a "useful idiot".

George Bush, Sr. could not have stated the New World Order more clearly:

What is at stake is more than one small country; it is a big idea: a new world order, where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind -- peace and security, freedom, and the rule of law. Such is a world worthy of our struggle and worthy of our children's future.

--George Bush I
    Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress on the State of the Union
    January 29, 1991

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=19253
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 08-29-2017 at 02:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Rand Paul responds, "No, the feds shouldn’t give war machines to the police."

Rand Paul has posted a response in the New York Post.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...85#post6519185

And like usual you're full of $#@!. You seriously don't think this country is trying to be the World Police? This is the quote timosman was responding to;
    My point was that the problem lies in Washington DC, not in some imaginary globalist cabal.

The solution to the problem is quite simple; stop voting for warmongers.

This stands in stark contrast to the other proffered solution: i.e. vote for "anti-globalist" (whatever that means) warmongers, like Trump.

Sorry if that triggers your one world government defense reflex.
    The comment to which you're responding here belonged to @Raginfridus, not me.

My point was that the problem lies in Washington DC, not in some imaginary globalist cabal.

The solution to the problem is quite simple; stop voting for warmongers.

This stands in stark contrast to the other proffered solution: i.e. vote for "anti-globalist" (whatever that means) warmongers, like Trump.

The comment to which you're responding here belonged to @Raginfridus, not me.
    DC is a globalist cabal, I thought that was obvious.
    "The Patriarch"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DC is a globalist cabal, I thought that was obvious.
    It's obvious that "anti-globalist" is the latest focus-group approved slogan from the people in DC...

....who get to do the exact same thing under a new name.

If only I had a dollar for every time Hannity et al used the term globalist in the last few months.

...O well

There are 6,413 bills and resolutions currently before the United States Congress, but of those only about 4% will become law.

How many of us know what Congress did today? Even fewer could say what happened in their state legislatures. The sheer volume of bills that die is staggering, but how many Americans even read the bills that do become law? There's so much legislation down the pike, its no stretch of the imagination to see a cabal. The way I see it, our New World Order behaves like its got no head. In practice, Order's only more false advertising, more projecting. Nobody has any idea what the hell's going on, the globalist cabal just lives to plunder and destroy.

I'm still with you in principle, voting nonintervention's the best step forward.

So in this case Trump is actually doing the correct thing, although I doubt he was worried about the constitutional aspect.
    You really think that Police need Bayonets to perform their duties?

Because that was the only thing that was Banned by Obama.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I was very much expecting this.

I said it before.

The Only thing the Police need is a SHORT LEASH.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12