View Poll Results: What faith do you practice?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muslim

0 0%
  • Jewish

0 0%
  • Hinduism

1 6.25%
  • Christian

15 93.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other religious practices on the board?

Question Other religious practices on the board?

Hi there,

I thought I'd just put this out of curiousity.

And no, there is no option for No faith. I didn't want to include that.
    Last edited by Republicanguy; 03-06-2016 at 09:21 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

That is a pretty limited list of options.

Yeah, well, they are the major ones. And that is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    matters in what way? and you even left out the blood/death cult religion all the elites follow.

They are the main ones, they include many in America who believe the planet was created in a few thousand years. This is a worldwide problem.

And it is very very dangerous.

They are the main ones, they include many in America who believe the planet was created in a few thousand years. This is a worldwide problem.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That is a pretty limited list of options.
    Americans without a religious affiliation represent about 20% or more of the population. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreli..._United_States

"Nones" by US State (2014)

Last edited by timosman; 03-06-2016 at 10:13 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Jewish population: roughly 14 million

Buddhist population: roughly 490 million

Nailed it bro
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I remember a bit of my Religion subject at school, and those religions were all explained a little, with facts, and sort of answer questions about them. I never got a GCSE, I believe it was a U unclassified.

I have been using Cannabis religiously since last June. Not quite a year yet.

but it is not a poll option. I've never been very religious.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

This is a worldwide problem.

And what do you suggest be done? and by who?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Ironically, ignorance is a very dangerous problem.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Aside from the politics ones?

I remember a bit of my Religion subject at school, and those religions were all explained a little, with facts, and sort of answer questions about them.
    LOLOLOL
    You're rich, buddy.
    You had one semester of Religion to cover four religions, two of which have adherents spending their entire lives in solitude and away from society in order to get to a deeper understanding about them, and you've determined for us these are the most relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    matters in what way? and you even left out the blood/death cult religion all the elites follow.
    This one killed over 100,000,000 people in the 20th century alone, yet it's not "main" enough to be included in the list?

Come on, Republicanguy, give up while you're behind. You want to talk religion, great, but first take the chip off your shoulder, look around, listen to what people tell you, and you'll find out that you know two things about religion: jack and $#@!.

The leaders of the blood/death cult religion you follow didn't want you to know more than a couple easily memorized facts about religion, just like with every other subject in their indoctrination center. The fact that you already volunteered this info to us tells us quite a lot. And they wanted you to keep those facts segregated from the facts they had you repeat back to them about other subjects.

In short, when you weren't lied to by the cult, you were told deliberate half truths. If that doesn't snap you out of it, then it's not Jews, Muslims, Christians, and Buddhists who are promoting danger here.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

What no, 'Buddhism' or 'Other' poll options?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Christian Reformed Presbyterian Theonomist strict regulative principle psalm-singer who keeps the sabbath and refuses to endorse the constitution as it is a pluralistic document. Any other ways I can tick you off?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I am an agnost that admires life, the universe and genuine altruism.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Christian Reformed Presbyterian Theonomist strict regulative principle psalm-singer who keeps the sabbath and refuses to endorse the constitution as it is a pluralistic document. Any other ways I can tick you off?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    What no, 'Buddhism' or 'Other' poll options?
    I think Republican Guy considers that a Protestant sect of Hinduism.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I think Republican Guy considers that a Protestant sect of Hinduism.
    Using that kind of standard, he could technically merge Judaism and Christianity together, or treat Islam as a direct off-shoot of Christianity, or even just throw Judaism, Christianity and Islam under the generic "Abrahamic" category.

I answered the poll, but truth be told, I was hoping to have an option that more specifically befitted everybody's unique perspective. Even though I take a very originalist viewpoint of Genesis and fall into the category of what the dumber-than-a-bag-of-hammers starter of this post considers a danger to the world (funny how I pulled that off without voting for 97% of the people running the American Empire), it's not the only view of it that falls under the generic "Christian" label.

Very poorly constructed thread, even worse than some of Ronin's material. Hope to OP enjoys his negative rep.

No, they are the main religions. If somebody wants to put another one then just state it.

No, in America the politicians tow the line of the religious right. There is no doubting that. There are members of congress who will not admit they are atheist.

We have republican party members who oppose science. There are only a handful of congress members who do god and science.

Barack has done bad, the republicans don't want to do compromise, they Democrats are somewhere else. Liberty and religion and god will save the day. Yeah bad government, social programs, they never did help the world did they, only to ruin other people's pockets. Yeah the Soviet empire was never a nice place, but that doesn't change the fact that wrong doing takes place in America with those who preach.

There should be an option for atheism. We do have some professed adherents of that faith here.

Atheism is the rejection of the belief in a god, and no belief in superstition.

An atheist can have any belief so long as it isn't in the unproven faith religions that most of our ancestors followed.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

An atheist can have any belief so long as it isn't in the unproven faith religions that most of our ancestors followed.
    In other words, an atheist is someone who believes the following unproven propositions:
    1. There is no god.
    2. The unproven propositions believed by most of our ancestors are false.

Atheism is a misnomer, particularly in a modern context. Historically the term applied to someone who rejected the established religion, not someone who tried to argue for a materialist view of metaphysics. What is being discussed is various offshoots of materialism, rationalism and skepticism, all of them former positions of mine actually. I had a change of mind in my mid-20s when I started to see a distinction between what constituted "science" vs. what activist douche-bags like Richard Dawkins were actually pushing.

When you reject Darwin's retarded fish-frog, you aren't rejecting chemistry, physics, technology, or other various applied sciences that deal with concrete nature, you are rejecting speculative pseudo-science that is more along the lines of replacement theology, particularly when you get into the Abiogenesis myth and the Big Bang myth. The same basically goes with the inferences that followers of Linnaeus' speculations on the fields of geology and climatology, it's all speculative, and the line of reasoning behind the earth being millions upon millions of years old is about as scientific as Dianetics.

Please, the faith of scientific empiricism is the arrogant belief that says in one method of discovering knowledge can't discover something then it doesn't exist. The reality is simpler, that scientific empiricism is a limited as evidenced by the very fact that God exists but it cannot investigate Him.

No, all life on our Earth has more or less a common pattern. Our faces, cats, have a face just like many other creatures.

So the idea that the Earth isn't billions of years, as well as Mars or the Moon is wrong. The human species is two million years old.

Emperical evidence is our only way to make sense of our existence. It is religion and god beliefs that have been arrogant, even if they have contributed to the societies of the past. It isn't suprising, since most of us are emotional by nature and not logical, so we don't understand science.

We aren't drawn to orbital missions naturally. Who here is old enough to remember Pathfinder landing at Ares Vallis?

Nobody is drawn to it like faith, because it doesn't do emotion, it is logical, even though some emotion is also playing a part in such a journey.

So far seven votes, so it is majority christian the folk on here. No muslims?

No, all life on our Earth has more or less a common pattern. Our faces, cats, have a face just like many other creatures.

So the idea that the Earth isn't billions of years, as well as Mars or the Moon is wrong. The human species is two million years old.

Emperical evidence is our only way to make sense of our existence. It is religion and god beliefs that have been arrogant, even if they have contributed to the societies of the past. It isn't suprising, since most of us are emotional by nature and not logical, so we don't understand science.

We aren't drawn to orbital missions naturally. Who here is old enough to remember Pathfinder landing at Ares Vallis?

Nobody is drawn to it like faith, because it doesn't do emotion, it is logical, even though some emotion is also playing a part in such a journey.

So far seven votes, so it is majority christian the folk on here. No muslims?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Atheism is a misnomer, particularly in a modern context. Historically the term applied to someone who rejected the established religion, not someone who tried to argue for a materialist view of metaphysics. What is being discussed is various offshoots of materialism, rationalism and skepticism, all of them former positions of mine actually. I had a change of mind in my mid-20s when I started to see a distinction between what constituted "science" vs. what activist douche-bags like Richard Dawkins were actually pushing.

When you reject Darwin's retarded fish-frog, you aren't rejecting chemistry, physics, technology, or other various applied sciences that deal with concrete nature, you are rejecting speculative pseudo-science that is more along the lines of replacement theology, particularly when you get into the Abiogenesis myth and the Big Bang myth. The same basically goes with the inferences that followers of Linnaeus' speculations on the fields of geology and climatology, it's all speculative, and the line of reasoning behind the earth being millions upon millions of years old is about as scientific as Dianetics.
    The bolded above is the only part that strikes me as odd. The science behind dating the age of the earth and its geological features seem solid from the geology courses I took in college. Can you elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast