Thread: Will Ward and Blackburn really be better than Flake and Coker?

Will Ward and Blackburn really be better than Flake and Coker?

just asking, and pondering

Ward is very hawkish, from a military family, and Blackburn wants extreme internet censorship, using the piracy excuse

Flake was supposed to be a libertarian, at least at one time.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Apparently she has no idea how Afghan narco poppy is arriving in the States, because Blackburn sponsors bill to create opioid taskforce:
    https://blackburn.house.gov/news/doc...umentID=398504

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Apparently she has no idea how Afghan narco poppy is arriving in the States, because Blackburn sponsors bill to create opioid taskforce:
    https://blackburn.house.gov/news/doc...umentID=398504
    Pathetic.

Blackburn is establishment so she won't be. Ward is not hawkish at all from what I've seen following her, she criticized McCain for being a hawk when she ran against him and calls for a restrained foreign policy on her website. So she should be closer to Rand than almost anyone up there.

National Security

As a military wife of a husband who has been deployed overseas, Kelli supports military engagement only as a last resort, only when Constitutionally approved by Congress, and only when there is a clear strategy for decisive victory. She does not support endless occupations and expensive nation-building overseas.

Kelli Ward believes, like Ronald Reagan, in "Peace Through Strength,” alongside a realistic and restrained foreign policy. We simply cannot afford to be the world's policeman anymore, and weak half-measures often cause more problems than they solve.
    https://kelliward.com/call-to-action...ong-principles
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Blackburn will not be better. I don't know anyone who thinks this is a good idea. This is the TN Repub establishment assigning seats. They will do anything to see that the line os ascendency continues.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Pathetic.
    A veritable who's who of culprit agencies:

"The Task Force will consist of members from the following agencies: Customs and Border Protection, DEA, FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement Homeland Security Investigations, International Trade Administration, IRS, Office of National Drug Control Policy, United States Postal Inspection, and the possibility of two additional federal agency representatives chosen by the Attorney General."

All that are missing in name are the CIA. I can see why putting the drug traffickers on the job might conflict with the task force's goal, but having an insider might help.

Tennessee has a long history of horrible legislators so I would expect it to continue .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Tennessee has a long history of horrible legislators so I would expect it to continue .
    why? is TN that much different than KY? Kentucky has Rand, Massie, and to a degree Bevins

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    why? is TN that much different than KY? Kentucky has Rand, Massie, and to a degree Bevins
    Thomas and Matt wouldn't have existed without Rand.

Is Ron Paul's district in TX any more libertarian than any other solid middle-class Republican district? No, of course not.

Kentucky isn't any more libertarian than TN is, but Rand was able to win a statewide seat there which has "trickle down" political effects for years to come. Rand won because he was able to use Ron's help to raise a ton of money to make him a viable candidate. His opponent was weak too.

TN's major problem is that it has open primaries and there is no effective grassroots activism group operating there to hold the political class accountable (I tried my best twice but couldn't make it work due to external factors).
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Ward is very hawkish, from a military family, and Blackburn wants extreme internet censorship, using the piracy excuse

Kelli Ward is not hawkish.

As I said in another thread, from a libertarian perspective (mine, anyways) the only thing you could criticize her for would be her immigration views. That is, she wants a wall, a beefed up border security force etc. If that’s the only thing I do not endorse, I would endorse Kelli Ward in a heart beat. It’s not even a case of the lesser of two evils, in my opinion. If she helps facilitate a constitutional currency or throws a wrench in the NSA global spying machine then it’d be worth it. Her beliefs come from sound philosophical and ideological grounds. She isn’t whoring herself for votes. In fact, she spoke at the YAL Arizona State Convention and was very impressive.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Oh, and Flake is garbage. I quit trying to call his ass he was so unreachable and out of touch. At least McCain’s staff picked up the damn phone.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Entirely different politically , not even close . Collins can explain some of the mechanics , but there is no explanation for the people . One of the more statist states not on a coast . Southern In & rural Ky are like paradise compared to most places in the area . Tennessee should be and is not . Illinois is the communist center not on the coasts .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-07-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Ron Paul considered him an ally in the House but I think that was using a fiscal yardstick. He's pro-amnesty which alienates him from the right. His resignation though was about not liking where the GOP was headed. I am confused by that statement. Trump indirectly handed him a chance to lead the Senate charge on immigration reform and he walked?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Ron Paul considered him an ally in the House but I think that was using a fiscal yardstick. He's pro-amnesty which alienates him from the right. His resignation though was about not liking where the GOP was headed. I am confused by that statement. Trump indirectly handed him a chance to lead the Senate charge on immigration reform and he walked?
    Flake was always a Cato/US Chamber beltway shill, which causes a lot of confusion for "libertarians". Shills like Flake can portray themselves as "free trade" when in reality they are crony corporatists. The pro-immigration stance is all about cheap labor for his corporatist and globalist benefactors, but it can pull in the bleeding heart liberals. As we see all too clearly now, he is aligned tightly with McCain, who is also in bed with the US Chamber.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Kelli Ward > Jeff Flake

Flake is completely corrupt.

I would not be surprised to find out that Ward supported Ron Paul. I was hoping she would beat McCain in the 2016 primary but people here still seem to cling to the hero bull$#@!.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Kelli Ward > Jeff Flake

Flake is completely corrupt.

I would not be surprised to find out that Ward supported Ron Paul. I was hoping she would beat McCain in the 2016 primary but people here still seem to cling to the hero bull$#@!.
    She supported Ron Paul.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Oh, I forgot. Dr Paul drafted her to run against McCain when they were at LPAC.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Flake was always a Cato/US Chamber beltway shill, which causes a lot of confusion for "libertarians". Shills like Flake can portray themselves as "free trade" when in reality they are crony corporatists. The pro-immigration stance is all about cheap labor for his corporatist and globalist benefactors, but it can pull in the bleeding heart liberals. As we see all too clearly now, he is aligned tightly with McCain, who is also in bed with the US Chamber.
    There is a libertarian case to be made for open borders. There is also a libertarian case to be made against open borders. You do realize this, right?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    There is a libertarian case to be made for open borders. There is also a libertarian case to be made against open borders. You do realize this, right?
    What would indicate that I didn't know that?

Not all libertarians are of the "bleeding heart liberal" variety, you do know that, right?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Not all libertarians are of the "bleeding heart liberal" variety, you do know that, right?
    I am comfortable in the heartless Libertarian camp .

Question

Who said anything about bleeding heart liberals?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I don't expect much of a liberty position from Republicans, but pushing the party toward more libertarian type candidates is one of the best things we can do in my opinion. We need less neo-cons and more people like Rand Paul, Thomas Massie and Justin Amash. Walter Jones is an ally. I think Kelli Ward will also be a welcome ally.

The good news is that many corrupt Republican politicians are leaving on their own, opening the door for more libertarian type candidates. Just watch as people like Jeff Flake start taking lobbyist jobs for big money.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Retiring Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) has endorsed Democrat Phil Bredesen running for his seat, angering Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell. Meanwhile, the president tweeted his support of Republican candidate Marsha Blackburn.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...142754748.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment