Thread: "You Have the Right to Remain Innocent"

Exclamation "You Have the Right to Remain Innocent"

Remember this guy?

A new video:

And a new book:

You Have the Right to Remain Innocent

https://www.amazon.com/You-Have-Righ...by+james+duane

Ordered it tonight.

Will post a review...but I already am confident it will be glowing.

These videos are required watching, as I'm sure the book will be required reading.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

one last bump

Thanks, AF. Let us know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Thanks, AF. Let us know what you think.
    Sure will, but I have no doubt that it will be excellent.

What kind of malignant moron is going to one-star this thread?

Sounds pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I've got a one star stalker, but it's not just me.

brandon is becoming a father for the first time and asked some serious baby questions and the "One Star Jerk Off" got him too.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I've got a one star stalker, but it's not just me.

brandon is becoming a father for the first time and asked some serious baby questions and the "One Star Jerk Off" got him too.
    Up-voted.

I just broke my thread rating cherry.. didn't know about it.

I'm a yapper.. I'd have to try and change the subject to.. read any good books lately.. see any good movies.. wanna know how to tie dye? I respectfully decline to answer your incident related questions but if you'd like to know how to wire wrap jewelry or what spices to use for home made liverwurst.. ask away...
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I just broke my thread rating cherry.. didn't know about it.

I'm a yapper.. I'd have to try and change the subject to.. read any good books lately.. see any good movies.. wanna know how to tie dye? I respectfully decline to answer your incident related questions but if you'd like to know how to wire wrap jewelry or what spices to use for home made liverwurst.. ask away...
    LOL - Hope you don't ever find yourself in that situation.

Finished it in a couple of hours.

Excellent read, even if it is material we've covered here a million times before.

Best advice to take away from the book:

Do NOT try to assert your 5th Amendment rights: the clowns in gowns have so monkey $#@!ed the how and when to use them that you'll just end up $#@!ing yourself up.

Instead, assert your 6th Amendment right to counsel and remain silent from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Best advice to take away from the book:

Do NOT try to assert your 5th Amendment rights: the clowns in gowns have so monkey $#@!ed the how and when to use them that you'll just end up $#@!ing yourself up.

Instead, assert your 6th Amendment right to counsel and remain silent from there.
    Thanks.

6th has and always remains the best, IMHO. When you assert the 5th then that is engaging them. Which is what they want you to do. Engagement allows them to escalate the situation depending on what you say. It is a good idea, if you can afford it (and depending, it is not very expensive and some won't even require a retainer) , to retain a lawyer and carry his card. There are some lawyers in my town that their card actually instructs the officer that they have advised their client not to speak to them until they are present.

How the $#@! is Micheal Moore such a raging statist when he served decades in prison falsely convicted of murdering his wife after the police manipulated him into incriminating himself? It seems like anyone who went through that would KNOW how screwed up the state really is.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A Trumphumper who think you are a traitor for not supporting the police?

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    How the $#@! is Micheal Moore such a raging statist when he served decades in prison falsely convicted of murdering his wife after the police manipulated him into incriminating himself? It seems like anyone who went through that would KNOW how screwed up the state really is.
    You talking about MM the documentary filmmaker?

His wife is alive and well, they divorced a couple years ago, and from I can see, he's never spent a day in jail.

A Trumphumper who think you are a traitor for not supporting the police?
    Oh I support the police. I support the police obeying the friggin' Constitution, like Bradley Rogers of Elkhart County Indiana.

The only way in the universe that the police can become beloved of the community again, now in the age of information, will be to do what the police were ALWAYS supposed to do from day one but (with rare exceptions) never did. Obey the friggin' Constitution. It's not even that hard to do, really, but they won't. And so they will continue to dig their own graves.

Just like liberal lunacy led to the kneejerk Donald Trump, this unaccountable hyper-authoritarian anti-constitutional militaristic violent policing model will inevitably lead to a push back and a kneejerk. Those of us who advocate for rational policing policies (and above all real accountability when they do in fact do wrong), are the ones advocating the only path out of a coming civil war. Our way will save thousands of police lives, but the people who worship the police no matter how evil they do, they will be responsible for the coming sociological violence that is inevitable (and already starting) if they do not change course.

It is the people who are now worshiping the police as gods who will put them into their graves, just like it was the people who worshipped Hillary and radical liberalism/feminism that put the Dems hopes for President Hillary in the grave.

Oh I support the police. I support the police obeying the friggin' Constitution, like Bradley Rogers of Elkhart County Indiana.

The only way in the universe that the police can become beloved of the community again, now in the age of information, will be to do what the police were ALWAYS supposed to do from day one but (with rare exceptions) never did. Obey the friggin' Constitution. It's not even that hard to do, really, but they won't. And so they will continue to dig their own graves.

Just like liberal lunacy led to the kneejerk Donald Trump, this unaccountable hyper-authoritarian anti-constitutional militaristic violent policing model will inevitably lead to a push back and a kneejerk. Those of us who advocate for rational policing policies (and above all real accountability when they do in fact do wrong), are the ones advocating the only path out of a coming civil war. Our way will save thousands of police lives, but the people who worship the police no matter how evil they do, they will be responsible for the coming sociological violence that is inevitable (and already starting) if they do not change course.

It is the people who are now worshiping the police as gods who will put them into their graves, just like it was the people who worshipped Hillary and radical liberalism/feminism that put the Dems hopes for President Hillary in the grave.
    I'm not opposed to the concept of policing. But I am definitely opposed to the police forces in the USA as they currently exist. The purpose of state controlled police is the same purpose for state controlled soldiers in Kandahar- to make sure the local populace doesn't get so unruly it might think it has actual rights.

The push back has already started. These anti-police riots we keep seeing? The race riots that are happening more and more frequently? These explosions of anger and violence are what happens when a local population grow so fed up with being treated like enemies by the local occupying militant police force that they lash out.

Not to seem too conspiratorial but I doubt we'll see a deescalation any time soon. It is no accident that fascist dictatorships emerge from democracies justifying absolute power as a policing measure.

I'm not opposed to the concept of policing. But I am definitely opposed to the police forces in the USA as they currently exist. The purpose of state controlled police is the same purpose for state controlled soldiers in Kandahar- to make sure the local populace doesn't get so unruly it might think it has actual rights.

The push back has already started. These anti-police riots we keep seeing? The race riots that are happening more and more frequently? These explosions of anger and violence are what happens when a local population grow so fed up with being treated like enemies by the local occupying militant police force that they lash out.

Not to seem too conspiratorial but I doubt we'll see a deescalation any time soon. It is no accident that fascist dictatorships emerge from democracies justifying absolute power as a policing measure.
    Well we are certainly going there, but mostly what I am saying is if the American people had had enough sense to elect Constitutional Sheriffs the mostly whatever clown-car nonsense the feds were coming up with wouldn't actually be a threat.

Maybe I'm blaming the victim, but I'm not blaming us who are stuck in it now (aside from our general reluctance to end it) so much as the people who gave us this model back to the Pinkertons, and the political will to accept and even come to worship such a model. It is clearly generational. The older you are the more likely you are to worship the police. In and of itself this speaks hopeful, but in the interim we have a few bridges to cross before we get to utopia.

We may have another 10 years of Boomer Supremacy and 5 after that of Boomer Voting Superiority and then it will be gone, providing that the democratic character of our once-republic can withstand another 15 years, the Xers will get a short 25 year crack at the bat before the Millennials overwhelm everything with sheer numbers.

If you want the kind of pushback that will actually stop police abuse, then we need to disillusion the Boomers first and foremost. Once the Boomers are disillusioned with police overreach the effect will cascade and snowball into other generations already more ready to push back.

If the powers that be do not allow this to go through the political process, which given history is the likely case, then the quiet rage will continue to cook until little pots boil over all in diverse places. If the status quo continues, and the enforcers continue to operate in near total impunity, then the pressure will build until the ghettos band together and start fighting back for real. It will be easy to characterize it all as criminal riots because it will come out of the projects and look like a BLM thing, but it will be all but a US civil war.

We can avoid all of that by changing the way America conceives of policing. This is of course easier said than done. The alternative is to continue heating the pressure cooker, and letting myriad outbreaks of violence fuel the Nazis in their crackdown on human rights.

Well we are certainly going there, but mostly what I am saying is if the American people had had enough sense to elect Constitutional Sheriffs the mostly whatever clown-car nonsense the feds were coming up with wouldn't actually be a threat.

Maybe I'm blaming the victim, but I'm not blaming us who are stuck in it now (aside from our general reluctance to end it) so much as the people who gave us this model back to the Pinkertons, and the political will to accept and even come to worship such a model. It is clearly generational. The older you are the more likely you are to worship the police. In and of itself this speaks hopeful, but in the interim we have a few bridges to cross before we get to utopia.

We may have another 10 years of Boomer Supremacy and 5 after that of Boomer Voting Superiority and then it will be gone, providing that the democratic character of our once-republic can withstand another 15 years, the Xers will get a short 25 year crack at the bat before the Millennials overwhelm everything with sheer numbers.

If you want the kind of pushback that will actually stop police abuse, then we need to disillusion the Boomers first and foremost. Once the Boomers are disillusioned with police overreach the effect will cascade and snowball into other generations already more ready to push back.

If the powers that be do not allow this to go through the political process, which given history is the likely case, then the quiet rage will continue to cook until little pots boil over all in diverse places. If the status quo continues, and the enforcers continue to operate in near total impunity, then the pressure will build until the ghettos band together and start fighting back for real. It will be easy to characterize it all as criminal riots because it will come out of the projects and look like a BLM thing, but it will be all but a US civil war.

We can avoid all of that by changing the way America conceives of policing. This is of course easier said than done. The alternative is to continue heating the pressure cooker, and letting myriad outbreaks of violence fuel the Nazis in their crackdown on human rights.

I wonder. I mean I agree that if we had more local sheriffs willing to stand up to federal orders things would be better. You would essentially have armed militias opposing the federal government at that point. But the state governments are often as bad as the federal ones. I will go a step further and openly accuse the American people of police worship, everywhere. I've live din CA and a few other Leftist states. And a constitutional sheriff there would still find their role being the oppression of the local populace. Sure they might not be able to afford tanks anymore with more limited money with federal funds cut off. But the regular issues of oppression don't usually require those things. People dying in the back of police vans, being gunned down in broad daylight, or being throttled to death, in addition to the small things like police power abuse and being ticketed and fined for everything, aren't going to go away if the Feds aren't involved.

This is what is leading to the kinds of riots and violence you're describing. And the only way I see to change this is to totally divorce the police from the state. As long as cops have protection by any government they will use that power to escape punishment and abuse it to take advantage of the average citizen. The nature of power is such that even good people are corrupted by it. And when you give power to corrupt people then there will be Hell to pay. And if we don't take policing power out of government hands and hand it back into the hands of the local communities the cops are to cover then Hell will come quickly.

Teaching Kids to Trust the Police is Child Abuse

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com...-is-child.html

Integral to the American concept of liberty is the right to hold the state at bay, which is why children are never too young to be taught to regard government employees with suspicion and defensive hostility. Some conscientious parents in Northampton, Massachusetts acted on that principle by demanding an end to a program intended to habituate public school inmates to the presence of police officers.

The local police department, acting on an initiative that originated with the International Association of Chiefs of Police, had dispatched officers to the local elementary school each week for an event called “High-Five Friday,” in which officers would exchange friendly greetings with cops who in practically any other context would treat such physical contact as a felonious assault on an officer. Police Chief Jody Kasper explains that she thought “it was a great way to start building relationships with young kids.”

That program was “paused” following complaints from a handful of parents who believe that it is the better part of wisdom to teach their children to avoid contact with the police, rather than seeking it out. In announcing the decision on his Facebook page, the department mentioned that “children of color, undocumented immigrant children or other children who may have had negative encounters with law enforcement” had expressed concerns about the program, which cued up the predictable reactions from the punitive populist faction.

“Why don’t you toughen up out there in Northampton, all right?” eructated Bill O’Reilly, offering the jocular suggestion – at least, I think he was kidding – that the principal and the school board should be arrested. Minor-league talk radio personality Charlie Brennan insisted that “this is why Donald Trump’s gonna get re-elected – stories like this.”

A contributor to The New American magazine who serves as that publication’s liaison to the white nationalist subculture snarked that “there’s no more `safe space’ for law-abiding citizens than when the police occupy part of it,” and insisted that no true American could possibly object to having an armed, costumed stranger clothed in “qualified immunity” breathing down his neck.

“It’s entirely understandable, for instance, that a child hailing from a Third World nation with corrupt police may feel apprehension at the sight of the men in blue,” he patriot-splained. “But not that long ago people would have understood the proper response: You take the student aside and gently explain that the police visiting his school are there as friends.”

“Some might also wonder about the parenting evident here,” he continued in the style of a Soviet commissar tutoring parents about their duty to raise children in the fear and admonition of the state and its human emissaries. “If your child has some irrational cop phobia, do you try and educate and change his mind? Or should you moan and groan and change all of society to accommodate irrationality?”

The “Caucasian leftists” and “minority” parents who complained about the police outreach program embody the “snowflake spirit of the age,” concludes the TNA contributor, whose otherwise barren rhetorical pantry is well-stocked with clichés. To be fair, this story does expose a rather shocking failure on the part of parents in the community – that is, those who accepted the program with bovine docility, rather than expressing skepticism about it.

If it is “irrational” for parents to teach their children to be leery of police officers, why do police officers and prosecutors cultivate that attitude within their own children?

Every parent whose children have been sentenced to attend the Regime’s mind-laundry should review the advice offered by Professor James Duane of Regent University Law School in his slender and indispensable book, You Have the Right to Remain Innocent.

(See my review here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Innocent-quot AF)

Over the past several years, Professor Duane has made hundreds of presentations, each of which begins with an invitation to any audience members whose parents were police officers or prosecutors to ask what advice they had been given by their parents.

“Every time this happens, without exception, [I’ve been told] the same thing: `Years ago, my parents explained to me that if I were ever approached by a law enforcement officer, I was to call them immediately, and they made sure that I would never agree to talk to the police.’ Not once have I ever met the child of a member of law enforcement who had been told anything different.”

Several news accounts mention the fact that among those who objected to the Northampton police outreach program included “children who may have had negative encounters with law enforcement.”

“Wow, only in grammar school, and they already have a sour relationship with police,” sneers the above-quoted commentator. “Their futures are bright.”

It is surpassingly easy for children to find themselves detained, shackled, or otherwise abused by police as a result of entirely trivial misconduct. Witness the case of Michael Davis, a five-year-old from California who was arrested, cuffed, and hauled away to jail for “battery on an officer” after he pushed away the hand of an officer who had touched him without consent and kicked the assailant in his knee in an act of righteous self-defense.

This was a case involving a delicate snowflake who filed a complaint after his feelings were hurt– none other than Lt. Frank Gordo, who lodged a complaint against the mother of his victim, accusing her of “discriminating” against him by taking the story to the media.

Incidents of this kind are becoming commonplace. Two years ago a misbehaving third-grader in Covington, Kentucky had his arms shackled behind his back at the elbows for fifteen minutes by a sheriff’s deputy. The eight-year-old supposedly attempted to elbow the deputy after going to the bathroom.

“You don’t get to swing at me like that,” the heroic tax-feeder lectured his captive. “You can do what we’ve asked you to do, or you can suffer the consequences.”

In 2014, deputies in Greene County, Virginia handcuffed a four-year-old who had been disruptive in class and briefly detained him at the sheriff’s office. The sheriff insists that the deputy “did what he had to do” and claims that the mother was “appreciative of the way he handled the situation,” which if true would be utterly horrifying.

Until recently, school resource officers in Texas would routinely treat student misbehavior as misdemeanor criminal offenses, issuing citations that could lead to fines and jail time. School officials in Syracuse, Utah have warned that students who are found at the high school during release-time religious instruction would be issued trespassing citations that, once again, can lead to fines and even jail time. The amalgamation of public education and law enforcement has created countless variations on the theme of criminalizing what had once been treated as minor disciplinary matters.

While police can cause problems for students who misbehave, their presence in schools can be even more dangerous to youngsters who are obedient and conscientious. Professor Duane urges parents to teach their school-age children that “you cannot listen to your conscience when faced by a police officer and think I have nothing to hide.”

Police are trained to lie as an investigative tactic, and rewarded when their lies prove to be instrumental in obtaining convictions. Innocent and well-intentioned children who somehow find themselves on the receiving end of police attention are “sometimes the most likely to be unfairly influenced by deceptive police interrogation tactics, because they tragically assume that, somehow, `truth and justice will prevail’ later even if they falsely admit their guilt,” Duane emphasizes. “You cannot safely trust a single thing police officers say when they are trying to get you to answer their questions…. Even if you are innocent, the police will do whatever it takes to get you to talk if they think you might be guilty.”

No better illustration of that reality can be found than the case of Idaho Falls resident Chris Tapp, who has spent twenty years in prison for a murder he did not commit. The only evidence against Tapp was a patently false confession extracted from him through the efforts of IFPD Sergeant (and future Idaho Falls mayor) Jared Fuhriman.

Fuhriman had been a DARE instructor and resource officer at Tapp’s junior high school. Desperate to clear the case, and left without any good leads after DNA evidence had cleared the three young men considered suspects – including Tapp – Fuhriman used his supposed friendship with his victim to lure him into lengthy interrogation sessions that mutated into something akin to psychological torture. Eventually Fuhriman convinced Tapp that unless he confessed to some role in the murder, he would inevitably be sent to the electric chair.

“Christopher would just keep saying, `Fuhriman is my friend, mom – he wouldn’t put my life in jeopardy, he wouldn’t lead me astray,” his mother, Vera Tapp, told me in a telephone interview. “He was just such a `good old boy’ with Christopher…. You can see it in the videos – `Oh, Christopher, we’re friends, we’re buddies,’ you know, laughing and joking around. And that’s just what he did when [Tapp] was in junior high. He [was] learning people’s trust and how to manipulate people. And that’s what he did – he manipulated Christopher.”

It is a screaming pity that Christopher Tapp wasn’t given the advice that police and prosecutors offer to their own children: Do not, under any circumstances, talk to a law enforcement officer, beyond demanding access to your parents and, if possible, an attorney.

Given that police and prosecutors tell their own children not to trust law enforcement officers, why shouldn’t parents employed in the productive sector do likewise?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Little help please...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Little help please...
    DONE.
    There is no spoon.

Thank you gentlemen...

Thanks for posting this. I just took the opportunity to talk to my 5 year old about this. She's getting to the point that she understands rules and laws, and so I explained to her that if a police talks to her she is not to speak to them. Told her that the law is that the police can't talk to a child without the parent present.
    No - No - No - No

Been steady passing this book around to whoever will read it.

Wasn't me, I gave it two stars
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Good stuff. Thanks.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast