Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Asians are shifting away from the Republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    How do you determine if somebody is "assimilated"? When they look, talk, think, and act the exact same way you do? Since we are all different, nobody could be truely assimilated by that measure.

Maybe you are right. We should beware of the habits of these strangers. We may start to adopt some of them and enjoy things like pizza, beer and sushi. We would be ruined!
    The kind of assimilation I am concerned with is mostly political, we need everyone to be in the same ballpark libertywise and the foreigners are expanding our horizons in the wrong direction.
    Then there are some considerations that are more practical, like speaking English, or not using the street for a toilet.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 09-15-2018 at 11:57 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Zippy is a great example of failure to assimilate. Spewing communist propaganda on a liberty forum for over 10 years. Should we give him 10 more or declare this experiment a failure?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe if they were better educated than the ones who came say 50 years ago it would be OK. We don't need no dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The kind of assimilation I am concerned with is mostly political, we need everyone to be in the same ballpark libertywise and the foreigners are expanding our horizons in the wrong direction.
    Then there are some considerations that are more practical, like speaking English, or not using the street for a toilet.
    So only let them in if they promise to vote Republican or Libertarian. (keeping in mind that they can't actually vote until they become citizens).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-16-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Maybe if they were better educated than the ones who came say 50 years ago it would be OK. We don't need no dummies.

Higher indoctrination is not a cure for the problem.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So only let them in if they promise to vote Republican.
    Let in very few at all and let in less from countries that have a worse political culture.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Higher indoctrination is not a cure for the problem.
    But you said you wanted them indoctrinated- to vote just like you do.

Let in very few at all and let in less from countries that have a worse political culture.
    How do you measure "political culture"?

But you said you wanted them indoctrinated- to vote just like you do.
    Assimilation isn't indoctrination.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There are many ways.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To give you some idea you would be the reference point for 0.

Assimilation isn't indoctrination.
    You have to indoctrinate people to assimilate them. Otherwise you just let them be themselves- even if it is different from everybody else.

To give you some idea you would be the reference point for 0.
    What would be say a "2"? What are we? Are we the zero?

You have to indoctrinate people to assimilate them. Otherwise you just let them be themselves- even if it is different from everybody else.
    Not true.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

English, please?

Not true.
    How do you assimilate them without indoctrination? You said assimilation meant agreeing with you politically.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-16-2018 at 12:19 AM.

What would be say a "2"? What are we? Are we the zero?
    2 would be half of what 4 is.

How do you assimilate them?
    You let them troll RPF for 10 years and make the final decision after that.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do you assimilate them without indoctrination? You said assimilation meant agreeing with you politically.
    Assimilation is passive, the immigrants and their children absorb Americana by being surrounded by it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Assimilation is passive, the immigrants and their children absorb Americana by being surrounded by it.
    That takes a few generations and is what happens now so I guess you are stuck with things the way they are.

That takes a few generations and is what happens now so I guess you are stuck with things the way they are.
    Which is why we need an immigration freeze and then much lower immigration.

Thanks for proving my point.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Which is why we need an immigration freeze and then much lower immigration.

Thanks for proving my point.
    For you, there will never be a "proper" level of immigration. That does not mean that for the country, the levels are incorrect.

For you, there will never be a "proper" level of immigration. That does not mean that for the country, the levels are incorrect.
    Are you done trolling for today?

For you, there will never be a "proper" level of immigration.
    Do you have a degree in Mind Reading?

That does not mean that for the country, the levels are incorrect.
    They are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Another 'we're losing votes to the left because we're not smiling enough' thread.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Natural democrats. We're surrounded by them.
    One of them is occupying the whitehouse.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they loved liberty they would never vote Demoncrat for any reason, but they don't love liberty, they love money and power and they love flooding us with their relatives faster than we can assimilate them.
    You really don't understand how self contradictory you are do you?

Someone who loves liberty would want as many of their relatives who aren't living under conditions of liberty to come to a place of liberty. Just look at your own analysis of what happened to the "injuns." The "liberty" loving Europeans wrote back home and said "This place is great! Get on over here as fast as you can!" So a party full of people saying "We don't want your relatives here and we'd rather you go home too." is a natural enemy. You're making your own enemies.

And LOL @ "they love money and power." Ummmm...that's the definition of capitalism. So basically you're saying that they can't be good republicans because they love being rich? Have you totally lost your mind?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 09-16-2018 at 06:08 AM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Another 'we're losing votes to the left because we're not smiling enough' thread.
    We are losing votes to the left because we decided to kiss the butts of the people on the right who hate us (people who really love liberty) anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Are these your channels? I've seen one of your videos before and wanted to say good work.
    This isn't my video but thanks. I did a video back when Rand was running for senate the first time. But that's the only political video I have on YouTube at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    We are losing votes to the left because we decided to kiss the butts of the people on the right who hate us (people who really love liberty) anyway.
    That makes no sense. Because they're angry at people who 'really love liberty' they're voting democrat? Just WTF is the angle? What's that supposed to accomplish? Folks who "really love liberty" maybe comprise 0.5% of the voting population but if we apparently have the power to drive a whole race of people to vote a certain way, how the hell did we lose the 2008 election? LOL.

I'll try to smile more, but if we have to give away free sh*t to compete for votes, these folks can go to hell.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 09-16-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast