Thread: Suggestions for a truthful online video "news regimen"?

Suggestions for a truthful online video "news regimen"?

As you all know, there is no news channel on television right now that consistently gives accurate and complete news and political information. I have some friends who recently downsized their satellite subscription for budget reasons and lost their main news source (Fox News) in the process, and who would be interested in watching accurate news information on a regular basis if I can find suitable shows/videos for them.

What are some online video series (or even particularly good one-off documentaries) accurately covering news and politics that you would recommend as part of a news regimen to take the place of watching television news shows? Keep in mind that the target audience is a couple in their 60s.

Ben Swann comes to mind, although he unfortunately doesn't seem to be producing any more Truth in Media/Reality Check segments of late. I do intend to show them some of his existing videos, though (they've liked some of his videos that I've shown them in the past).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by hbenthow; 07-25-2018 at 06:53 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who's version of the Truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    As none of us are omniscient, the absolute truth regarding many news events can't be determined, and any reporter or pundit will have political opinions that can't help but show through to some degree. I realize that and know that it's unavoidable.

But what I'm looking for are reports that look at all of the available information (ie, no cherry-picking or conveniently leaving out facts) and do not distort facts in order to support a political agenda. That's about as "truthful" as is possible when it comes to news, and it's what I'm looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hard2startyubetube

What Really Happened with Mike Rivero
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Follow Mike Cernovich on twitter, youtube and periscope. He just recently got his own show on inforwars as well, so I would recommend watching that.

Follow Stefan Molyneux on youtube, he puts out about 5 videos a week and about half are usually related to current events.

Paul Joseph Watson of infowars is good as well.

Then of course there is Alex Jones, I don't tend to watch his show very often and a lot of people don't like his style but if you like him, you can listen to him too.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

CNN for the fake news narrative
    Mark Dice for news comedy
    Glenn Greenwald for journalism with integrity
    Lauren Sutherland for news with nice boobs
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 05-12-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hard2startyubetube

What Really Happened with Mike Rivero
    That looks interesting. I'll have to look into that show. Thank you for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Follow Mike Cernovich on twitter, youtube and periscope. He just recently got his own show on inforwars as well, so I would recommend watching that.
    I'll check him out.

Follow Stefan Molyneux on youtube, he puts out about 5 videos a week and about half are usually related to current events.
    I remember seeing some of his videos a while back, but I don't recall exactly what I thought of them. Thank you for the recommendation.

Paul Joseph Watson of infowars is good as well.
    I seem to vaguely remember him, but I don't remember anything about him.

Then of course there is Alex Jones, I don't tend to watch his show very often and a lot of people don't like his style but if you like him, you can listen to him too.
    I don't much care for him. He makes too many unsubstantiated claims for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Glenn Greenwald for journalism with integrity
    I've heard of Glenn Greenwald, but I know nothing about him. I should check him out.
    Last edited by hbenthow; 05-12-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbenthow View Post
    I've heard of Glenn Greenwald, but I know nothing about him. I should check him out.
    Glenn is awesome. He broke the Edward Snowden story.

Paul J Watson will get better with age, but youngsters probably like him a lot.

Stefan Molyneux has a bad case of R Mouth, which makes him very difficult to watch for more than a few minutes. Plus he just seems so full of himself it annoys me.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stefan Molyneux has a bad case of R Mouth, which makes him very difficult to watch for more than a few minutes. Plus he just seems so full of himself it annoys me.
    What you mean by "R Mouth"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

You, TheCount, Sonny Tufts, Dr. No, Republican Guy, PRB, etc. You know; the whole gang!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 05-12-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

What you mean by "R Mouth"?
    Whenever he says a word with a letter R in it, the side of his mouth droops downward in a disturbing manner.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Whenever he says a word with a letter R in it, the side of his mouth droops downward in a disturbing manner.
    Interesting. I'd never heard of that before.

Interesting. I'd never heard of that before.
    Watch of few minutes of Stefan to observe it, but only if you are blessed with a strong constitution. Otherwise, it will haunt you.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 05-13-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

@hbenthow

Avoid Molyneux, InfoWars, or anything else associated with the alt-right/Trumpismo. They'd be better off watching nothing. As for my recommendations, there are plenty of great resources for learning about the issues at a deeper level (LvMI, FEE, etc), not so many for news. The Ron Paul Liberty Report is the only thing that comes to mind (Tom Woods' radio show has sporadic coverage of current events, but that's not it's focus). Personally, for the daily news I just google around mainstream articles; so long as one's not susceptible to the biased analysis, they're fine for gathering the basic facts.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    @hbenthow

Avoid Molyneux, InfoWars, or anything else associated with the alt-right/Trumpismo. They'd be better off watching nothing.
    I've been leery of InfoWars for years. Alex Jones strikes me as someone for whom conspiracy theories are his bread and butter, and who is willing to purport anything (true or not) if it will get him more fame and money. In other words, a self-serving sensationalist. I could be wrong, but that's the impression that I get.

As for Molyneux, I wasn't aware that he was associated with the alt-right (but then again, I haven't seen much of him and don't remember much of what he said).

As for my recommendations, there are plenty of great resources for learning about the issues at a deeper level (LvMI, FEE, etc), not so many for news. The Ron Paul Liberty Report is the only thing that comes to mind (Tom Woods' radio show has sporadic coverage of current events, but that's not it's focus). Personally, for the daily news I just google around mainstream articles; so long as one's not susceptible to the biased analysis, they're fine for gathering the basic facts.
    I had forgotten all about Tom Woods. He's very good. I am looking for a mixture of recent events coverage and more general information, and some of Tom Woods' videos may be suitable for the latter.

Thank you for all of your suggestions.
    Last edited by hbenthow; 05-13-2017 at 10:24 PM.

I've been leery of InfoWars for years. Alex Jones strikes me as someone for whom conspiracy theories are his bread and butter, and who is willing to purport anything (true or not) if it will get him more fame and money. In other words, a self-serving sensationalist. I could be wrong, but that's the impression that I get.
    I get the same impression.

As for Molyneux, I wasn't aware that he was associated with the alt-right (but then again, I haven't seen much of him and don't remember much of what he said).
    He's gone through several metamorphoses; for the last year or so he's been on the alt-right bandwagon.

If you google "molyneux race realism," for instance, you'll find plenty of unfortunate content.

I had forgotten all about Tom Woods. He's very good. I am looking for a mixture of recent events coverage and more general information, and some of Tom Woods' videos may be suitable for the latter.

No problem

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't listen to Rev 3, they don't know wtf they are talking about.

Alex Jones had offers to go big time with all the big radio stations a long time ago, but decided he didn't want to be owned and told what he wasn't allowed to and not allowed to talk about. So to say he is just doing it for the money is demonstrably false. He is a bit of a showman, he wants his organization to be successful, he wants to reach as many people as possible. He advocates for the conspiratorial view when there is evidence (not always proof) because it is important that there is advocacy for that side of the debate - that side NEVER gets any mainstream attention even though it is more often true than not.

That doesn't mean you have to listen to Alex Jones on the radio every day, I almost never do unless there is a specific interview I'm interested in, but infowars is an invaluable resource as far as news goes. They have some great people working for the organization.

Stefan is an anarchist who was previously against political activism because he didn't think there was any value in it. He changed his mind when he saw the Trump campaign, because he believed that some actual value could come from it. It sucks, I hate it, and hopefully some day it will change but he's kinda right and some people here have a hard time admitting it. While Rand, Massie and Amash probably couldn't have done much to stop Hillary if she had won, they will end up aiding the Trump administration and hopefully Stefan will come to realize that the hard work we were putting in to get these people into office did have some positive impact afterall.

Nobody is perfect, but Molyneux provides some of the most thoroughly and well researched videos on current events and historical events on the entire web.

Mike Cernovich has outperformed the mainstream media in releasing the biggest stories of the year. He is worth following if you want to be kept in the loop.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

As you all know, there is no news channel on television right now that consistently gives accurate and complete news and political information. I have some friends who recently downsized their satellite subscription for budget reasons and lost their main news source (Fox News) in the process, and who would be interested in watching accurate news information on a regular basis if I can find suitable shows/videos for them.

What are some online video series (or even particularly good one-off documentaries) accurately covering news and politics that you would recommend as part of a news regimen to take the place of watching television news shows? Keep in mind that the target audience is a liberty-leaning but slightly Trumpist couple in their 60s.

Ben Swann comes to mind, although he unfortunately doesn't seem to be producing any more Truth in Media/Reality Check segments of late. I do intend to show them some of his existing videos, though (they've liked some of his videos that I've shown them in the past). I'm not sure whether they would like the Ron Paul Liberty Report too much (I could try it out on them, but they might find his manner of speaking too boring for watching on a regular basis, even though they do like him).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You can lead a horse to water, but if the water isn't flashy...
    This is pretty much the extent of what I take in these days, as much daily content as I can allow time for. RPLR daily, because truth is not boring.

Ron Paul Liberty Report
    http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/
    https://www.corbettreport.com/
    https://www.newsbud.com/
    http://tomwoods.com/
    Mises Media

Good luck, thanks for your efforts.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Nobody is perfect, but Molyneux provides some of the most thoroughly and well researched videos on current events and historical events on the entire web.
    Except his R Mouth affliction makes it impossible to watch his videos for more than 2 or 3 minutes.

Doesn't matter how good you are, you should only do audio podcasts if you have R Mouth.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Except his R Mouth affliction makes it impossible to watch his videos for more than 2 or 3 minutes.
    He has a great voice for podcasts, and he has the most popular philosophy show on the internet.

Mike Cernovich has outperformed the mainstream media in releasing the biggest stories of the year. He is worth following if you want to be kept in the loop.
    Do you mean that he has released major news stories before the mainstream media did?

Doesn't John Stossel have a show or at least an occasional segment on one or another news show?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Do you mean that he has released major news stories before the mainstream media did?
    Yes, several.

AP released a news story last week that they called an "exclusive", that was about a week a half after Cernovich released his "exclusive" on the same story.

Yes, several.

AP released a news story last week that they called an "exclusive", that was about a week a half after Cernovich released his "exclusive" on the same story.
    Very interesting. I'll have to check him out, then.

Do you happen to know which story it was?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very interesting. I'll have to check him out, then.

Do you happen to know which story it was?
    It was the Saudi Arabia weapons deal story.

But his biggest story was a couple months ago, when he posted the story about the Susan Rice unmasking people in the Trump admin.