Thread: GOP's healthcare plan released

GOP's healthcare plan released

I believe this is from 1pm, but it's likely a spot-on critique.

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f82iy7d92...reAct.pdf?dl=0

This is going to be interesting to watch unfold...
    Last edited by radiofriendly; 03-06-2017 at 11:08 PM.
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think its worse than Obamacare. IT punishes the poor and makes the rich richer.

I have been listening to Rand Paul say that the GOP plan transferred payment of thee mandate penalty from the govt to the insurance company and this he says might be unconstitutional. But the car insurance market already have such a penalty for gaps in individual coverage. Essentially, when you have a gap of more than 3 months in coverage, you get a surcharge in your premium for having a gap in coverage.

Personally, I think insurance companies should be left alone, no bailout, no regulation of the market to prevent competition. Only regullation should be against fraud, so if they want to put a penalty on gaps in coverage, they should have the right to do it and I would have the right not to buy their product

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

I have been listening to Rand Paul say that the GOP plan transferred payment of thee mandate penalty from the govt to the insurance company and this he says might be unconstitutional. But the car insurance market already have such a penalty for gaps in individual coverage. Essentially, when you have a gap of more than 3 months in coverage, you get a surcharge in your premium for having a gap in coverage.

Personally, I think insurance companies should be left alone, no bailout, no regulation of the market to prevent competition. Only regullation should be against fraud, so if they want to put a penalty on gaps in coverage, they should have the right to do it and I would have the right not to buy their product
    Car insurance and health insurance are two VERY different things. You create risk for others when you get out on the road, so car insurance is mandated at the state level where it should be. Your health is your business, not everyone's.
    Otherwise, agreed.

Is it true that this bill doesn't even allow people to buy health insurance across state lines?

Heard the fine for not having insurance goes away and replaced by allowing insures to charge a 30% premium for gaps in coverage.

Wait...government allowing a 30% gap in coverage charge???? This does not sound like the free market to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Heard the fine for not having insurance goes away and replaced by allowing insures to charge a 30% premium for gaps in coverage.

Wait...government allowing a 30% gap in coverage charge???? This does not sound like the free market to me.
    Yea, I think the govt capping the penalty to 30% is definitely not free market. I think insurance companies should be allowed to charge whatever it takes to keep them profitable. I was hoping the govt would get out of the healthcare business but it is more of the same with them hampering the insurance market with regulations.

Damn planners must plan.

So this is what we get when the GOP controls the House, Senate, and Presidency?! I know many, many people who are going to want to give up voting for them. "What difference does it make?"

Single-payer, here we come!!!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol, did anyone really believe that anything significant would be done?

Fox news reported that Rand and others will be doing a press conference this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol, did anyone really believe that anything significant would be done?
    MAGA BABY
    "The Patriarch"

Don't fear, Trumpster says it is wonderful:

Just you'll have to wait until phase 2 or 3...