Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Airstrikes on Iranian targets in Syria.

US Airstrikes on Iranian targets in Syria.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgdhp

WASHINGTON, Feb 25 (Reuters) - The United States on Thursday carried out an airstrike in Syria against a structure belonging to what it said were Iran-backed militia, two officials told Reuters, an apparent response to rocket attacks against U.S. targets in Iraq.

While the strike could be the first retaliatory moves by the United States following last week's attacks, the move appeared to be limited in scope, potentially lowering the risk of escalation.

Also a decision to strike only in Syria and not in Iraq would give the Iraqi government some breathing room as it carries out its own investigation of a Feb. 15 attack that wounded Americans.

The officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the strike was approved by President Joe Biden. The Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Iran has been active in Iraq & Syria past month, with drones etc

Although I am against war in Syria, this may have been good move by Biden admin sending a real message.

Would be better if we just got out of Iraq.

Under whose authority?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Under whose authority?!
    We the People.

The buck stops there.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    We the People.

The buck stops there.
    Apparently not. I mean, they no longer need elections to claim power.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Apparently not. I mean, they no longer need elections to claim power.
    And so....

I guess some parts of the "new normal" aren't so "new" after all ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Iran The U.S. has been active in Iraq & Syria past month for years, with drones etc

Although I am against war in Syria, this supporting militias may have been good move by Biden admin Iran sending a real message.
    Fixed.

(See how that works?)

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I guess some parts of the "new normal" aren't so "new" after all ...
    "NEW" is back to "Business as usual."

“Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb bomb Iran.
    Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb bomb Iran.
    Bomb Iraaaaaaannnnn...”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Progressives that don't speak out against Biden's war crimes support it through their silence.

Let's "circle back" ...

https://twitter.com/jrpsaki/status/850173258540474368

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/sta...19590987927552

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Although I am against war in Syria, this may have been good move by Biden admin sending a real message.
    Hmm Let's see. Not much evidence to support any attacks on US assets. The people killed are allegedly against ISIS. Yep sounds like the message is real clear to me.

Back to business as usual to set up bad guys against to take down those that oppose US empire. This is probably a new beginning for conflict so if you are not wanting another war in the ME you should be condemning any stupid attacks that are most likely a build up to bigger messes.

Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) were killed in the strikes. The PMF is a group of mostly Shia Iraqi state-sponsored militias that formed in 2014 to fight ISIS.
    https://news.antiwar.com/2021/02/25/...ported-killed/
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    “Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb bomb Iran.
    Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb bomb Iran.
    Bomb Iraaaaaaannnnn...”
    The ghost of John McCain.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

And what exactly is that "real message?" Iraq WANTS cooperation with Iran. So does the legitimate Syrian government. Neither the government of Iraq, which WE installed, nor the government in Syria, which we helped create a terrorist organization to topple, want us there. So....why are we there? How could anything but a total pullout of Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan be a "good move?" What's next? We start bombing Vietnam again?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

You mean the one who did not get us out of Afghanistan?
    Who increased spending?
    Who backed bailouts?
    No I don't miss that lying sack of excrement.

Shouldn't you be on the progressive website with the rest of the lowlifes?

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Who increased spending?
    Who backed bailouts?

Yes, I'll agree with those points (exception progressive website comment), BUT - I honestly don't think Trump was allowed.
    Take this, for example: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...es-prober-says
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The ghost of John McCain.
    Look who's a not-so-secret admirer...

The District of Criminals has actually managed to convince millions and millions of people that the piece of filth known as AOC is a "liberal" (whatever that is today)

A broken nation on the brink of collapse - AOC and John McCain : POSTER GIRL AND BOY FOR THE DOWNFALL OF AMERICA

Didn't take long. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

There wasn’t even a legitimate foreign policy debate in public between two candidates

JFK was something of a hawk. Yes... in '63 some say he was having 2nd thoughts
    on Vietnam, but in '62 we all almost went into a nuclear war. Iran just got a totally
    obvious early 1960s Cold War era "carrot + stick" message that brings to mind TR.
    JOE BIDEN spent 60 years of his life trying to be the next JFK, but this was very HST.

I am hoping Doctor Ron Paul talks about the positive and negative long term implications of all this.
    Trump's complaint on the treaty was that it was wus "wimpy" & a sad joke. Biden just talked softly
    and carried a big early 1900s walking stick. This can backfire. The Mid*East can get very tense...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Yes, I'll agree with those points (exception progressive website comment), BUT - I honestly don't think Trump was allowed.
    Take this, for example: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...es-prober-says
    Agreed, he was stopped at times. But he wasn't in our corner. It wasn't about rights and the Constitution and policy, it was about money. He flip flopped so much one never knew where he stood often enough. McConnell said this from the outset. Why waste time and effort to push through a bill that may be vetoed?

Reasons matter. I'm against the Civil Rights Act because it violated the rights of the property owner. The same reason to be against Jim Crow. The bigots vote with me on the Civil Rights Act but for a different reason.

He was the lessor of 2 evils but his big policies didn't really differ much from the swamp creatures.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-26-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Sending the message that after all the years and Presidents,, we finally have one STUPID enough to attack Iran..

a warmongers wet dream
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Biden's Foreign Policy is israel first.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Who increased spending?
    Who backed bailouts?

DU called, they want their idiot back.

Trump was ending wars and bringing troops home, only Biden stopped (maybe) the complete withdrawal from Afghanistan and Biden is the one who reversed the withdrawal from Iraq and Syria too.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Didn't take long. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
    If by the old boss you mean Obama..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast