Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Total Solar Eclipse 2017: When, Where and How to See It (Safely)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Last time, I noticed what was fun to look at was all the spots on the ground where the sun was shining through the leaves of the trees, you could see the eclipse in them.

A solar disco ball?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

A solar disco ball?
    Well, where you usually saw round spots of sunshine, you saw crescent spots of sunshine.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In prime view path.. But am less concerned with the visible astronomic display, and somewhat concerned with unseen seismic forces.

That will be seen in a few hours.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    In prime view path.. But am less concerned with the visible astronomic display, and somewhat concerned with unseen seismic forces.

That will be seen in a few hours.
    "The big one" is overdue.
    "The Patriarch"

Bet the damn Injun did his rain dance, it is clouding up and rain is on its way.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Bet the damn Injun did his rain dance, it is clouding up and rain is on its way.
    If you check the radar it should be cloudy over my home village by then . I have work to do I cannot be bothered with this . I am changing oil in the Japanese Zero today , I did the F 150 yesterday .Yes , eclipse cancelled by The Great Sagamore of the Wabash . Back to work slackers .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-21-2017 at 10:11 AM.

I go into work a little after the time of totality. It is hot and still out except for the cicadas. I will probably go outside to check periodically, but I can see the sun reflecting off the rear window of my car in the driveway. I don't even have to go out if I don't want to.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Cold and cloudy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We are now getting some sparse cloud cover. I can see the eclipse beginning.
    #NashvilleStrong

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We are about 30% to totality.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If you check the radar it should be cloudy over my home village by then . I have work to do I cannot be bothered with this . I am changing oil in the Japanese Zero today , I did the F 150 yesterday .Yes , eclipse cancelled by The Great Sagamore of the Wabash . Back to work slackers .

Eclipse will cost U.S. almost $700M in lost productivity

American employers will see at least $694 million in missing output for the roughly 20 minutes that workers will head outside and gaze at the nearly two-and-a-half minute eclipse, Reuters reports.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I will still go in and work my full shift. We are about 20 min from totality here.
    #NashvilleStrong

I went out for the totality. It wasn't pitch dark, but it was dark enough that street lights came on.
    #NashvilleStrong

Got a break in the cloud cover just long enough to see a crescent sun... and then realize that I grabbed the shade 10 helmet... then realize that the shade 13 helmet wouldn't auto-darken... and then cloud cover again.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Unused eclipse glasses in original packaging for sale. Rainman will pick up the cost.
    Last edited by Danke; 08-21-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Taken from my property in central NH by my daughter

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-21-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Turnaround bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart
    Turnaround bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart

Once upon a time I was falling in love
    But now I'm only making a pun
    And there's nothing I can do
    A total eclipse of the sun
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Taken from my property in central NH

You should have cleaned the camera lens before you took that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Unused eclipse glasses in original packaging for sale. Rainman will pick up the cost.
    Now that I cancelled the eclipse I have even more power among the people .

Last time, I noticed what was fun to look at was all the spots on the ground where the sun was shining through the leaves of the trees, you could see the eclipse in them.
    +Rep

Never saw this post, but noticed this immediately -- the tiny holes between the leaves make a pinhole camera effect...

Thanks for the pictures....
    Wow, did you take those?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    +Rep

Never saw this post, but noticed this immediately -- the tiny holes between the leaves make a pinhole camera effect...

You should have cleaned the camera lens before you took that.
    Actually, my science nerd daughter took that, very proud of her.

She got a bunch of nice shots through my welding hoods and sextant filters.

I don't have the hi res copies yet, that one was grainy and pixelated because I enlarged it before posting from a message pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What. The. Actual. $#@!?

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Flying backwards is cool too!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the pictures....
    Wow, did you take those?
    Yes, yes I did. I live in the woods. LOTS of opportunities for this craziness to happen. Thanks!

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

ETA - I didn't take this picture.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-22-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast