Thread: The Surreal Inauguration

The Surreal Inauguration

The Surreal Inauguration

As 25,000 US National Guard troops from across the country are deployed in a Washington, DC, that looks like a ghost town, surely one of the strangest US presidential inaugurations in history will take place. With DC as literally a military-occupied zone, protecting an empty city for a virtual inauguration, is this all security theater? A warning? A taste of things to come?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Pardon my candor, but the image looks like some $#@!ing banana republic in the southern hemisphere.

That's a new low for us. The left, I am certain, must be so proud.

Anyone at this point who is still clinging to the hope that America can be repaired by non-Reset means is not playing with a full deck. And here "Reset" includes civil war. Deep and insurmountable disruption of the societal status quo is now the only hope we have. I'd rather Jesus popped his ass out from behind a cloud and put his foot down, but I'll settle for open warfare because this has all run right past ridiculous and dangerous, skipping to the surreal. Seriously, I feel like I'm in a remake of Brazil.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Pardon my candor, but the image looks like some $#@!ing banana republic in the southern hemisphere.

Anyone at this point who is still clinging to the hope that America can be repaired by non-Reset means is not playing with a full deck. And here "Reset" includes civil war. Deep and insurmountable disruption of the societal status quo is now the only hope we have. I'd rather Jesus popped his ass out from behind a cloud and put his foot down, but I'll settle for open warfare because this has all run right past ridiculous and dangerous, skipping to the surreal. Seriously, I feel like I'm in a remake of Brazil.
    Who controls the army controls the country. Beyond that the civil war battlefield will be a keyboard and social score rather than a battlefield.

Welcome to the New Normal
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    ...the civil war battlefield will be a keyboard and social score rather than a battlefield.
    If so, kiss it all adios. Keyboards won't do what's required.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

Amerika is a Banana Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
    Amerika is a Banana Republic.
    Sure, but we used to take pains to avoid the appearance.