Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian Presidential Candidates Champion 'Open Borders'

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    1. Demographic changes won't significantly affect political outcomes one way or the other; the problem is a matter of human nature.

(This is demonstrably false, as we watch places like CA - VA and TX turn blue right before our eyes due to migrant invasion - AF)

2. Peaceful immigration isn't invasion.

(This is not peaceful immigration. This is illegal invasion, sponsored and orchestrated by enemies of this nation and it's people. These people are an invading army, regardless of whether they have arms or not. - AF)

3. Having hamburger joints displaced by taco stands isn't a problem warranting a political solution.

(There is more to Western Civilization than MacDonald's - AF)

4. One population being outbred by another isn't genocide.

("The problem with Scotland is that it is full of Scots. Therefore I intend to re-instate the law of prima nocte, first night, where our nobles will have exclusive rights to the marriage beds newly wedded Scots women. If we can't kick them out, we'll breed them out." - Edward Longshanks)
    You're in favor of One World Government ruled by a King.

Therefore, being skewed thusly, every point you made is wrong.

And I don't put much stock in them.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-19-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    I agree, and it can indeed get a hell of a lot worse. Those who spout that utopia have never personally been there to see the "worse" and how bad it truly is and have no clue. They have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the globalist media who hides the reality of it.
    I've been around the world more than once and this is very true.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You're in favor of One World Government ruled by a King.

Therefore, being skewed thusly, every point you made is wrong.

And I don't put much stock in them.
    I think we can give him #3 as long as the owners and employees are from our culture and don't spread disease through poor hygiene or vote for communism.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    No. The Venezuelans were in that mess because they elected Bernie Sanders' brother of another mother, Hugo Chavez. Carolinians would not do that. 20 years ago, even Californians would not do that. Now a days, Californians would elect a Hugo Chavez and it is the direct result of immigration.
    It's only a difference of degree and timing. We're moving toward the same kind of crisis as they've experienced, with people (native born, mostly white people) voting for ever-larger government, every election. Each country's politics are a little different for random reasons: some particularly charismatic politician happens to born there rather than there, that country happens to have some exogenous crisis while this country doesn't, whatever. The basic trend is the same.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's only a difference of degree and timing. We're moving toward the same kind of crisis as they've experienced, with people (native born, mostly white people) voting for ever-larger government, every election. Each country's politics are a little different for random reasons: some particularly charismatic politician happens to born there rather than there, that country happens to have some exogenous crisis while this country doesn't, whatever. The basic trend is the same.
    LOL

As if we haven't been flooded with those people since 1968.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 03-19-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I've been around the world more than once and this is very true.
    They watch too much PBS glorifying these inhumane failed states...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

That's talk with no backing of facts. You sound like Brian Stelter reading a teleprompter for CNN. California elected Ronald Reagan as governor. He wasn't perfect, but he wouldn't stand a chance against Bernie Sanders in an election in CA in modern times. That is totally due to demographic changes.

That's talk with no backing of facts. You sound like Brian Stelter reading a teleprompter for CNN. California elected Ronald Reagan as governor. He wasn't perfect, but he wouldn't stand a chance against Bernie Sanders in an election in CA in modern times. That is totally due to demographic changes.
    Reagan vastly increased government spending, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Reagan vastly increased government spending, so I'm not sure what your point is.
    Can you see the difference between Hugo Chavez's regime in Venezuela and Ronald Reagan's Regime in the US? As big government as Reagan may have been, modern California would prefer Bernie Sanders over Reagan.

50=/=50,000 even though both are greater than 5.

You are comparing crab apples to watermelons.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Can you see the difference between Hugo Chavez's regime in Venezuela and Ronald Reagan's Regime in the US? As big government as Reagan may have been, modern California would prefer Bernie Sanders over Reagan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    50=/=50,000 even though both are greater than 5.

You are comparing crab apples to watermelons.
    Meh, see posts above.

Meh, see posts above.
    So I take it Rev33 would be as happier living in Saudi Arabia or Venezuela, because the USA is too oppressive for him. Because all governments are the same, unless they are monarchies, of course.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I never get an answer to this...I know why of course.

World weary and cynical globatarians and leftarians of all stripes don't care.

They know what is going to happen...and many of them celebrate it, cheer it on.

Having no posterity, for any number of reasons from bone idleness to adopting sodomy as a lifestyle choice, to pass on the blessing of liberty to, they are out of the fight.

They don't care if coming generations of people like them are reduced to third class citizen status...it won't hurt them in the here and now.

They are the perfect embodiment of the disconnected, unknowing, unthinking, cosmopolitan, "Atomized Man"...hapless, hopeless and helpless with no idea of who they are, other than a trace remnant of a vile, repressive, racist past, with no discernible future, just an endless "present" of pseudo authoritarian control and rigid rules.

Why don't you ask these guys how unlimited immigration, into a borderless world, of people hostile to them and their traditions and cultures and heritage...ask them how it worked out.

Having no posterity, for any number of reasons from bone idleness to adopting sodomy as a lifestyle choice, to pass on the blessing of liberty to, they are out of the fight.

They don't care if coming generations of people like them are reduced to third class citizen status...it won't hurt them in the here and now.

They are the perfect embodiment of the disconnected, unknowing, unthinking, cosmopolitan, "Atomized Man"...hapless, hopeless and helpless with no idea of who they are, other than a trace remnant of a vile, repressive, racist past, with no discernible future, just an endless "present" of pseudo authoritarian control and rigid rules.
    If we lose they will be among the first to be actively genocided.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Yeah, sure libertarians; start with the most pie-in-the-sky issue and see how many converts you make.

Many libertarians have no marketing or business sense. Focusing, or even addressing, this issue is a sure fire way for newcomers to instantly reject freedom.

There are plenty of other issues to address. Focus on something else.
    clueless LiBROtarians, the great ideological isolationists of our time.

Look what open borders did to the Europeans.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

So I take it Rev33 would be as happier living in Saudi Arabia or Venezuela, because the USA is too oppressive for him. Because all governments are the same, unless they are monarchies, of course.
    Basically yes.

Stay out of his way to make a quick buck and, well so $#@!ing what if kids are eating zoo animals to survive. Caracas or Cuyahoga...makes no difference to him.

And up goes the balloon: "WTF AF, that kid isn't mine to take of!"

No, he isn't, nor mine. But he is someone's kid. And that kid will grow up, assuming he survives. And before you know it, that kid is marching in the street with a Molotov cocktail. And that kid is eyeballing YOUR $#@! and figuring he'll just come and take it.

The fastest way to keep that from happening is free market capitalism.

But we can not keep free market capitalism when tens of millions of kids just like that have invaded and vote, in MASSIVE numbers for a communist in CA.

I keep hearing from the globaltarians that "education" is the answer.

Well, fine, I agree...but education takes a long time...and it's pointless to educate one and have ten more that think just the opposite invade across the border.

Shut it down.

Ten year moratorium...give us a chance to get our $#@! together and do that educating.

If we lose they will be among the first to be actively genocided.
    I realize that as well, and they don't care about that either.

It's all part of this cult of death...like they would look forward to it, they are so bored with life.

Basically yes.

Stay out of his way to make a quick buck and, well so $#@!ing what if kids are eating zoo animals to survive. Caracas or Cuyahoga...makes no difference to him.

And up goes the balloon: "WTF AF, that kid isn't mine to take of!"

No, he isn't, nor mine. But he is someone's kid. And that kid will grow up, assuming he survives. And before you know it, that kid is marching in the street with a Molotov cocktail. And that kid is eyeballing YOUR $#@! and figuring he'll just come and take it.

The fastest way to keep that from happening is free market capitalism.

But we can not keep free market capitalism when tens of millions of kids just like that have invaded and vote, in MASSIVE numbers for a communist in CA.

Well, fine, I agree...but education takes a long time...and it's pointless to educate one and have ten more that think just the opposite invade across the border.

Shut it down.

Ten year moratorium...give us a chance to get our $#@! together and do that educating.
    Then review the situation and extend it each decade until we are much closer to where we should be than we are now.

And have sharp numerical and cultural limits when we open up again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I realize that as well, and they don't care about that either.

It's all part of this cult of death...like they would look forward to it, they are so bored with life.
    I was thinking off adding that perhaps that is what they want deep in the dark recesses of their minds.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I was thinking off adding that perhaps that is what they want deep in the dark recesses of their minds.
    I'm convinced of it.

It's why so many of folks of that political stripe are so full of hate and anger...an I know that sounds hypocritical coming from me, but some of these people are off their rockers.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Shut it down.

Hell. They must never have had kids. I have a hard enough time passing it down to my own kids and they expect us to go door to door like Jehovah Witnesses and proselytize free markets to people who don't speak English and received 12 years of indoctrination about how evil Americans are as they scramble to live here to change us.

It's been explained to you innumerable times that immigration doesn't entail slaughter of the natives, despite this being so obvious that it shouldn't require explanation. Can you possibly imagine a situation in which a person travels from point A on the globe to point B without killing whoever lives at point B? I don't know about you, but when I drive to another town for work or pleasure, I don't slaughter everyone I meet.

Shocking, I know.

People such as yourself, who I appreciate are well intended, simply don't understand the nature of the problem.

It isn't about moral decline or demographics or anything of that sort.

It's just basic economics as applied to politics.

This political system generates socialism.

It's been explained to you innumerable times that immigration doesn't entail slaughter of the natives, despite this being so obvious that it shouldn't require explanation. Can you possibly imagine a situation in which a person travels from point A on the globe to point B without killing whoever lives at point B? I don't know about you, but when I drive to another town for work or pleasure, I don't slaughter everyone I meet.

Shocking, I know.
    Conquests by communists always do.

People such as yourself, who I appreciate are well intended, simply don't understand the nature of the problem.

It isn't about moral decline or demographics or anything of that sort.

It's just basic economics as applied to politics.

This political system generates socialism.
    That's nonsense.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    clueless LiBROtarians, the great ideological isolationists of our time.

Look what open borders did to the Europeans.
    Yea, that's Europe problem: contra, for instance, the birth of socialism, nationalism, and two world wars (with not a foreigner in sight).

Yea, that's Europe problem: contra, for instance, the birth of socialism, nationalism, and two world wars (with not a foreigner in sight).
    What the invaders will bring will make all of that look small.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

To revisit @Anti Federalist's point about alleged "globatarian" indifference or aimlessness or cynicism, that's not my position anyway. I'm not saying it's hopeless, give up. I'm saying electoral politics are hopeless, give up on that, and focus on something that can actually produce results in the long-run: namely, building up a libertarian infrastructure in civil society. Create schools, think tanks, charities, fraternal organizations, etc, as the left has done with great success. This would be the alternative to pissing away one's time and energy supporting the ever so slightly lesser evil in the two party system. In other words, stop buying lottery tickets and make some long-term investments.

That would be actual chess, not the sort played in imaginary dimensions.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-19-2020 at 11:09 PM.

To revisit @Anti Federalist's point about alleged "globatarian" indifference or aimlessness or cynicism, that's not my position anyway. I'm not saying it's hopeless, give up. I'm saying electoral politics are hopeless, give up on that, and focus on something that can actually produce results in the long-run: namely, building up a libertarian infrastructure in civil society. Create schools, think tanks, charities, fraternal organizations, etc, as the left has done with great success. This would be the alternative to pissing away one's time and energy supporting the ever so slightly lesser evil in the two party system. In other words, stop buying lottery tickets and make some long-term investments.

That's fine if you wish to pursue that angle.

But if some of us don't deal with politics and immigration you and your fellows will be killed and your books burned, everything you seek to create will be lost to the world and erased from history.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm not talking about "a" person.

I'm talking about tens of millions, motivated by agents that are enemies of this nation and it's people.

I'm talking about tens of millions that have been taught that everything wrong in their lives is the fault of the ones who were already here.

That is a recipe for genocide that has been used thousands of times in history.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I happen to do both...and work in the local political realm.

I'm all for it.

That's fine if you wish to pursue that angle.

But if some of us don't deal with politics and immigration you and your fellows will be killed and your books burned, everything you seek to create will be lost to the world and erased from history.
    If that's going to happen, it's going to be at the hands of one of the domestic socialist groups, GOP or Dem.

...or, as they will be known in future, the National Socialist American Workers Party and the Union of Soviet Socialist Shemales.

I'm not worried about the foreigners.

I'm not talking about "a" person.

I'm talking about tens of millions, motivated by agents that are enemies of this nation and it's people.

I'm talking about tens of millions that have been taught that everything wrong in their lives is the fault of the ones who were already here.

That is a recipe for genocide that has been used thousands of times in history.
    I don't see how that describes reality.

I happen to do both...and work in the local political realm.

I'm all for it.
    Glad to hear it, but I don't think most people can multi-task like that.

So long as Trump (or whoever it is next) is seen as reMAGAficating the country, that's going to be the focus for most people.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast