Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The CIA is getting Woke

The CIA is getting Woke

This is one of a series of CIA recruitment videos, most of which are bizarrely titled "Humans of CIA" ... ("Humans" as opposed to what, exactly? "Robots of CIA" ... ? "Poodles of CIA" ... ? "Intergalactic Lizard Creatures of CIA" ... ?)

Humans of CIA
    "I am unapologetically me. I want you to be unapologetically you, whoever you are. Whether you work at #CIA​, or anywhere else in the world. Command your space. Mija, you are worth it."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X55JPbAMc9g

https://twitter.com/CIA/status/1387431636732633089
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...15120316846080

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    This is one of a series of CIA recruitment videos, most of which are bizarrely titled "Humans of CIA" ... ("Humans" as opposed to what, exactly? "Intergalactic Lizard Creatures of CIA" ?)
    Well if you knew the answer all along, why did you ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I am unapologetically me. I want you to be unapologetically you, whoever you are.
    I am unapologetically a racist
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

are you kidding?

this last 5 years was a five eyez joint, that includes the chinease intelligence agency...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Didn't even watch video. I went straight to the comments and big shocker. The comments are turned off for the video. All the videos for the CIA youtube channel have comments turned off. I'm actually surprised they haven't turned off the like dislike option as well.

I am unapologetically Opposed to the CIA,, both in Concept and in action.

If you work for them, you are the enemy of Humanity.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

CIA bots

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd rather see the CIA get destroyed rather than get woke.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...73642853355533

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'd rather see the CIA get destroyed rather than get woke.
    Exactly. It's long past time to do away with them along with the Federal Reserve and many of the other Alphabet agencies...
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    Exactly. It's long past time to do away with them along with the Federal Reserve and many of the other Alphabet agencies...
    Sadly these agencies will most likely be around forever.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This is one of a series of CIA recruitment videos, most of which are bizarrely titled "Humans of CIA" ... ("Humans" as opposed to what, exactly? "Robots of CIA" ... ? "Poodles of CIA" ... ? "Intergalactic Lizard Creatures of CIA" ... ?)

Humans of CIA
    "I am unapologetically me. I want you to be unapologetically you, whoever you are. Whether you work at #CIA​, or anywhere else in the world. Command your space. Mija, you are worth it."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X55JPbAMc9g

https://twitter.com/CIA/status/1387431636732633089
    "I am a cisgender millenial who has been diagnosed with...."

Okay. She lost a virtue point for saying she is cisgender. Hasn't she heard of cisgender privilege?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Is this for real?

If for a second it is assumed that this is real news, won't that cause massive operational headaches for current/future global freedom projects considering that overwhemling majorities of people and civilians in places like Iraq, Abu Ghraib, Syria, Afghanistan, Gaza etc are people of color/minorities? How in the world social justice/cultural sensitivity could possibly be exercised in such circumstances???

Let's say all human resources can be quickly retrained in some massive social justice retraining martial plan at low low cost to tax payers, how could smart kill machines like drones could be trained that increasingly have AI minds of theor own and have established a decades long track record of politically incorrect runs under the dynamic leaership of SWC DGP Obama?

I rate it as questionable report at best.

This would like opening the pendora box. If this mindset spread to other tax payers funded institutions, such minority-on-minority knee-on-neck scenarios in future foreign freedom projects abroad could become very problematic "justice" situations (especially if 'take a knee' movement got embraced by any radicals in these institutions brainwashed by 'woke' MSM narratives).

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Is this for real?

If for a second it is assumed that this is real news, won't that cause massive operational headaches for current/future global freedom projects considering that overwhemling majorities of people and civilians in places like Iraq, Abu Ghraib, Syria, Afghanistan, Gaza etc are people of color/minorities? How in the world social justice/cultural sensitivity could possibly be exercised in such circumstances???

Let's say all human resources can be quickly retrained in some massive social justice retraining martial plan at low low cost to tax payers, how could smart kill machines like drones could be trained that increasingly have AI minds of theor own and have established a decades long track record of politically incorrect runs under the dynamic leaership of SWC DGP Obama?

I rate it as questionable report at best.

This would like opening the pendora box. If this mindset spread to other tax payers funded institutions, such minority-on-minority knee-on-neck scenarios in future foreign freedom projects abroad could become very problematic "justice" situations (especially if 'take a knee' movement got embraced by any radicals in these institutions brainwashed by 'woke' MSM narratives).
    It is not a "report" - it is part of the CIA's own recruitment material, and it was created and published by them.

As for the rest of what you said, it was addressed in the material I posted earlier:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...15120316846080
    https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...73642853355533

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    CIA bots
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...?ocid=msedgntp

he Army Research Lab is exploring equipping its future army robots with organic muscle tissue.
    Organic muscle tissue is inherently superior to mechanical locomotion systems.
    Robots of the future could use lab-grown muscle tissue instead of wheels, mechanical arms, and other mechanisms.
    The U.S. Army is looking into using animal muscle tissue as a means to move robots.

The Army Research Laboratory believes its bots could use real muscle, which allows most living things to move and manipulate their environments, instead of mechanical arms, wheels, tracks, and other systems to travel across the battlefield. The concept, which some might find disturbing, is an example of the new field of“biohybrids.”

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

CIA Embraces Left-Wing Ideology, Leftists Deny That This Is Happening
    https://mtracey.substack.com/p/cia-e...ology-leftists
    Michael Tracey (04 May 2021)

In a mind-blowing marketing video first published on March 25, but which had escaped widespread notice until recent days, the CIA enthusiastically endorsed several key tenets of what has now indisputably become a hegemonic left/liberal ideological and rhetorical construct:

I am a woman of color,” the video’s protagonist, an unnamed CIA officer, triumphantly proclaims. “I am a cisgender millennial who’s been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I am intersectional, but my existence is not a box-checking exercise.”

She continues, “I used to struggle with imposter syndrome. But at 36, I refuse to internalize misguided patriarchal ideas of what a woman can or should be. I am tired of feeling like I’m supposed to apologize for the space I occupy.”

The video is a quick tour de force of the tropes and quirks most closely associated with contemporary “Woke Ideology,” such as:

• A direct reference to “intersectionality” doctrine — arguably the ideology’s core operating premise, taken to mean that a broad range of identity-based oppressions “intersect” and must be overturned
    • Invocation of the term “cisgender,” which is intended to signify the CIA’s inclusiveness of non-gender normative people, i.e. Trans
    • A denunciation of “patriarchy,” one of the most abhorred identity-based systems of oppression
    • Weird pride in one’s self-reported diagnosis of mental illness, as though it’s just another identity trait to be advertised and embraced, rather than a debilitating ailment to be cured
    • The now-ubiquitous use of the noun “space” in reference not to any physical location, but rather to the vague metaphysical force one purportedly brings to bear in life... or something like that. (“Know your worth. Command your space,” the woman further adds)

“Woke Ideology” is an imprecise, amorphous term for a wide-ranging set of beliefs and practices; adherents to the ideology will often deny that such a thing even exists. And yet, everyone who hasn’t been living under a rock knows approximately what the term means, recognizes the rhetorical style by which it is expressed, and immediately understands that this video is an instantiation of it. Sort of like how one can identify instantiations of “communism” or “libertarianism” notwithstanding the perpetual debates about the precise definition of those ideological designations.

While the video was produced by the CIA, it could’ve just as easily been produced by any Fortune 500 company or foundation-funded activist organization, all of which are now reading from more-or-less the same script.

The CIA video is actually just one installment in a running series called “Humans of the CIA,” a title possibly intended to be reminiscent of the Humans of New York social media craze, wherein ordinary citizens are “humanized” with schmaltzy and touchingly relatable stories. Just as the CIA has at least attempted to do with this series.

[I guess that explains the bizarreness of the title I noted in the OP. - OB]

Another “Humans of the CIA” video features a man narrating his Journey™ with the following quote: “Growing up gay in a small Southern town [...]"

[...]

Though it’s possible that the CIA marketing department’s zeal to adopt this lingo intensified with the onset of a new Democratic administration, the PR scheme appears to have predated the inauguration of Joe Biden. On January 4, 2021, a video was posted in which another unnamed agent touts his experience as a “chief of corporate strategy and education for diversity and inclusion” as wonderful preparation for a career in the CIA.

[...]

So, the CIA’s latest rhetorical overture could be understood as a continuation of the trend whereby the CIA’s prerogatives increasingly align with the prerogatives of the foundation-funded left/liberal nonprofit complex and activist class. Perhaps not coincidentally, former (or “former”) CIA agents comprised a significant share of Democrats’ incoming freshmen when the Party won control of the House of Representatives in 2018.

Whenever they are confronted with the reality that their rhetorical stylings are being aped across the entire country’s power centers, now including the Intelligence Community, left-wing activists and journalists tend to angrily disclaim any culpability. The CIA’s decision to institutionally pronounce itself a wellspring of “intersectionality,” they’ll insist, is all fake and cynical co-optation.

However, this isn’t so much a “co-optation” as it is a natural evolution of Woke Ideology’s imperatives. The CIA can easily adopt something approximating an “intersectional” attitude toward racial, gender, gender identity-related oppressions and continue on with its ordinary mission. In fact, the adoption of this rhetoric could enhance its mission by strengthening its domestic cultural cachet. Say John Brennan is a true believer in intersectionality doctrine — which definitely is not out of the question — and truly believes the CIA can help carry out its goals. What then?

Asserting some discontinuity between these concepts’ newfound universal popularity and left-wing activism makes no sense. Is there any more potent left-wing belief in circulation at the moment than that of “intersectional” oppressions, and their all-pervasive, defining influence on American life? All the CIA is doing is signaling its eagerness to partake in the ideological project of dismantling these alleged oppressions. In a way, this is a true victory for the Activist Left — the potency of whose beliefs are gaining purchase at a spellbinding pace, probably never more rapidly than in the past year.

But instead of interrogating why it is that the rhetorical and ideological paradigm they’ve relentlessly promoted fits so easily within the country’s most powerful institutions, from Wall Street banks to the Big Tech monopolies to the CIA, left-wing activists and journalists will often petulantly change the subject. After I commented on the “Woke CIA” video yesterday via Twitter, hardcore radical Rage Against the Machine frontman Tom Morello came out of nowhere to accuse me of denying the “evils” of past CIA actions — such as assassinations and coups — and acting like the “real problem” with the CIA is their sudden practice of distributing so-called “woke pamphlets.”

I’m reading a very illuminating book right now (not a pamphlet) that details numerous largely-forgotten brutal CIA transgressions, such as a covert 1958 mission which resulted in the bombing of a market and a church on Ambon Island, Indonesia, obliterating civilians. Anyone unfamiliar with this and other chapters in CIA history should “educate” themselves, and perhaps that will help them understand what the boldly subversive left-wing guitar player evidently doesn’t — which is that “Woke Ideology” is perfectly compatible with the CIA’s institutional prerogative to further entrench its own power.

That history makes it doubly absurd for liberals (and, albeit more tacitly, leftists) to have been so tolerant of CIA interventions into domestic political affairs because their short-term political objectives (disabling and ousting Trump) happened to align. Now, they seem angrier with those who point out the self-evident absurdity of this CIA marketing tactic than with the tactic itself. Maybe that’s because they’ve been prime movers in creating the political conditions under which adopting such tactics is considered shrewd.

(Last summer Morello professed himself a huge fan of Robin DiAngelo’s White Fragility, one of the worst books ever written and a main source of the insane “anti-racist” precepts being adopted across corporate America. So that gives some insight into where he’s coming from.)

Liberals and leftists have to constantly run around disclaiming that their beliefs, aesthetics, and speech codes have become hegemonic because posturing as beleaguered, noble outsiders is fundamental to their self-conception. As one Twitter commenter put it to me, “My view is that the CIA has looked at the beliefs of those coming out of elite schools and decided this is how they have to pitch to them.” Well... yeah.

Many don’t find it interesting or worthy of comment that ideological prescriptions and rhetorical formulations once largely relegated to Tumblr and obscure academic circles have migrated to the highest levels of the US intelligence apparatus within a matter of years. They should feel free to keep screeching into the void online, while others attempt to critically evaluate this culture-upheaving phenomenon.

[FULL ARTICLE AT LINK: https://mtracey.substack.com/p/cia-e...ology-leftists]

Retweeted by Edward Snowden:

https://twitter.com/blaireerskine/st...13897304399877

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/st...60701372067842

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Sadly these agencies will most likely be around forever.
    Controllers will always take advantage of those trapped in a materialistic view of reality, until humanity is allowed to bring it's self along learning from day one the reality of our universe and our place in it.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...?ocid=msedgntp

he Army Research Lab is exploring equipping its future army robots with organic muscle tissue.
    Organic muscle tissue is inherently superior to mechanical locomotion systems.
    Robots of the future could use lab-grown muscle tissue instead of wheels, mechanical arms, and other mechanisms.
    The U.S. Army is looking into using animal muscle tissue as a means to move robots.

The Army Research Laboratory believes its bots could use real muscle, which allows most living things to move and manipulate their environments, instead of mechanical arms, wheels, tracks, and other systems to travel across the battlefield. The concept, which some might find disturbing, is an example of the new field of“biohybrids.”

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

https://twitter.com/Moderate_Rebels/...06831245418500

"Bond ... James Bond ... shaken, not stirred ... and 'he/him', if you please ..."

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1390696657944203272
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-08-2021 at 01:42 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The CIA Goes Woke - Part Of The Problem #731
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Robbie take a look at the CIA's new recruitment video and they comment on the blatant woke propaganda in it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBhdVvFXLic

https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/sta...67395906498560

Social Dictatorships.... conquering the country from the inside out.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/big...deploying-woke
    FJB

The Army is going woker.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1392367395906498560
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast