Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erdogan targets more than 50,000 in purge after failed Turkish coup

Erdogan targets more than 50,000 in purge after failed Turkish coup

Erdogan going after not just those involved in the coup attempt but almost anybody who is perceived to have opposed him. Taking advantage of the event to eliminate opposition and give himself even more powers. The latest are journalists and teachers.

Turkey vowed to root out allies of the U.S.-based cleric it blames for an abortive coup last week, widening a purge of the army, police and judiciary on Tuesday to universities and schools, the intelligence agency and religious authorities.

Around 50,000 soldiers, police, judges, civil servants and teachers have been suspended or detained since the coup attempt, stirring tensions across the country of 80 million which borders Syria's chaos and is a Western ally against Islamic State.

"This parallel terrorist organization will no longer be an effective pawn for any country," Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said, referring to what the government has long alleged is a state within a state controlled by followers of Fethullah Gulen.

"We will dig them up by their roots," he told parliament.

A spokesman for President Tayyip Erdogan said the government was preparing a formal request to the United States for the extradition of Gulen, who Turkey says orchestrated the failed military takeover on Friday in which at least 232 people were killed.

U.S. President Barack Obama discussed the status of Gulen in a telephone call with Erdogan on Tuesday, the White House said, urging Ankara to show restraint as it pursues those responsible for the coup attempt.

In parallel talks, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter and his Turkish counterpart discussed the importance of Turkey's Incirlik Air Base in the campaign against Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, the Pentagon said.

The base, which is used by Turkish and U.S. forces in the air campaign against Islamic State, has been without power in the days since the failed coup.

Seventy-five-year-old Gulen, who lives in self-imposed exile in Pennsylvania but has a network of supporters within Turkey, has condemned the abortive coup and denied any role in it.

A former ally-turned critic of Erdogan, he suggested the president staged it as an excuse for a crackdown after a steady accumulation of control during 14 years in power.

On Tuesday, authorities shut down media outlets deemed to be supportive of the cleric and said 15,000 people had been suspended from the education ministry along with 100 intelligence officials. A further 492 people were removed from duty at the Religious Affairs Directorate, 257 at the prime minister's office and 300 at the energy ministry.
    More than 6,000 soldiers and around 1,500 others have been detained since the abortive coup. About 8,000 police officers, including in the capital Ankara and the biggest city Istanbul, have been removed on suspicion of links to the plot.

Some 1,500 finance ministry officials have also been removed from their posts. Annual leave has been suspended for more than three million civil servants, while close to 3,000 judges and prosecutors have also been purged. A court remanded 26 generals and admirals in custody on Monday, Turkish media said.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-20-2016 at 02:07 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm guessing we are quietly removing the nukes from Incirlik airbase.

Erdogan, if he pushes too hard, we will back a military coup. He is a goner if he $#@!s with our operations there. We can shut down their C3, just like we did to Saddam.
    Last edited by Danke; 07-20-2016 at 02:18 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Academics are not allowed to travel out of turkey.

https://www.rt.com/news/352218-turke...cs-ban-travel/

This is not going to help him retain control.

Reichstag Fire-esque lame coup, rounding up academics. My bipolar antenna is now processing whether or not this little monkey actually IS the reincarnation of Hitler.

His storyline, of not only his actions, but how he has come to power, both by his own efforts and the designs the world powers had for Turkey is spooky when you look at the parallels.

Certainly seems like a #1 fan, at the very least.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'm guessing we are quietly removing the nukes from Incirlik airbase.

Erdogan, if he pushes too hard, we will back a military coup. He is a goner if he $#@!s with our operations there. We can shut down their C3, just like we did to Saddam.
    Who was the idiot to place nukes there in the first place? Reagan?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Who was the idiot to place nukes there in the first place? Reagan?
    Reagan, while expanding and updating the US nuclear arsenal, actually proposed to Gorbachev that both countries get rid of all of their nuclear weapons. Gorby declined the offer. The weapons deal which let the US store nuclear weapons in European countries (in part to deter them from developing their own) actually dates from the 1960's. As part of the Cuban Missile Crisis deal, the US did agree to remove one type (Jupiter) of missiles from Turkey in exchange for Russia removing missiles from Cuba.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mbs-in-turkey/

The “special weapons” are there as part of a nuclear-sharing agreement among NATO allies, including Turkey and the United States. The weapons deal, reached in the 1960s, holds that some NATO allies will allow the storage of B61 nuclear gravity bombs on their land, while other countries will commit to maintaining aircraft capable of delivering them, according to one NATO outline. The United States keeps possession of and provides security for the bombs wherever they are.

The deal was reached to deter Soviet aggression, but also to create conditions under which NATO countries like Germany and Turkey would be disinclined to pursue their own nuclear programs.

NATO said in a 2014 position paper that the alliance’s nuclear weapons “are stored under highly secure conditions,” without specifying where they are. But the merits of the nuclear-sharing deal have nonetheless long been argued by scholars, military officials and politicians, particularly when it comes to Turkey, where it is believed about 50 are kept in storage.

Those in favor of the nuclear deal argue that it helps keep the military alliance together. In one example, Michaela Dodge with the conservative Heritage Foundation argued in a 2014 paper that the United States needed to continue projecting a “strong position in order to protect its national security interests, assure allies and deter adversaries.”
    Critics of nuclear sharing in Turkey argue that the country’s instability make it a poor choice for nuclear weapons, especially this year as the country deals with an Islamist terrorism threat that has grown large enough that the United States sent home the family members of most diplomats and service members earlier this year.
    During the coup attempt, Turkey shut of power to the base to try to deter the opposition from accessing it. Power is still off but the US continues to operate missions against ISIS from it. Some operations moved to other bases.

ERDOGAN'S THREAT TO US: Turkey says America not extraditing Gulen will be 'big mistake'

Erdogan just finished up LIVE interview w/ Al Jazeera - Qatar

Crowds have been WAITING in the streets of Turkish squares for a (promised) LIVE ADDRESS...
    should be happening now it's ALREADY 11:15pm

►Anyway the whackjob is completely deluded with his own 'grandeur'
    (as usual... what a scary human to have as a leader **shudder**)
    Here are a collection of tweets from that interview...

Erdogan: the Gulenist "terrorist organisation" are behind this coup attempt

Conflict News ‏@Conflicts 2 min.
    ERDOGAN: "It will be a big mistake if the US decides not to extradite Gulen" - @AJEnglish
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ng-big-mistake

Erdogan says the pilots who shot down the Russian jet "might have ties with Pennsylvania." (right )
    Erdogan: maybe ties to "that group" (Gulen?) made them act to shoot down the Russian jet

Erdogan on AJE: Pilots bombarded the parliament, the prime minister’s office. Tanks rolled over people. And they’ve fled to Greece. (Threat??)

Erdogan on AJE: If parliament agrees to capital punishment, it is our duty to pave the way for it; I will approve it. (EU will be thrilled)

Conflict News ‏@Conflicts 24 sek.
    TURKEY: Erdogan tells French FM to 'mind own business' over post-coup crackdown warning - AFP (NATO coming unglued)

Erdogan on AJE: Sisi (Egypt) killed thousands of people. Can we respect him? He has nothing to do with Democracy. And Assad (Syria) is a murderer.
    Erdogan: Syria's Assad is a killer. Syria is longing for democracy.

Erdogan on AJE: I’ve never been against the media, despite them libeling me. But even they stood up against the coup.

Erdogan: I always supported freedom of expression ()

Erdogan: I will video address to those gathered in Turkey's squares "coming shortly."
    11pm in Turkey, still no news about the "important decisions", people waiting in the streets

TURKEY: Erdogan says there may have been foreign countries involved in coup attempt - Reuteeers
    Erdogan: There is another superior mind above Fetullah Gulen's FETO terror organization

========================

and about those 'missing ships'....

Two Turkish warships are in the port of Constanta.

One Turkish warship is in the port of Burgas.

One Turkish warship is wondering in the Black Sea south of Crimea in international waters.

One Turkish warship in an unknown Russian port.

The rest of the warships have just arrived in Gibraltar with Commander of the Turkish Navy, Admiral Veysel Kosele who vows to destroy the Erdogan regime.

=======================

National Address now over...

Declared 3 month 'State of Emergency'
    (Council of Ministers can issue 'Decrees' that have the 'force of Law'.)

What does this mean exactly?
    Unchecked power to Erdogan, pretty much.
    'State of Emergency' (not quite Martial law).
    awaiting Reinstatement of death penalty by law.
    then
    complete Round up, judge, and execute opposition.
    Some 50,000 prisoners are being kept in stadiums/sports arenas (no more room in jails... they were full anyway.)

Erdogan: "no citizen, no institution should have concerns" about democracy, freedom of speech, rule of law under state of emergency.
    (right.)

=========================

No word on U.S. people at Incirlik. Nothing.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-20-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Declared 3 month 'State of Emergency'
    (Council of Ministers can issue 'Decrees' that have the 'force of Law'.)

What does this mean exactly?
    Unchecked power to Erdogan, pretty much.
    'State of Emergency' (not quite Martial law).
    awaiting Reinstatement of death penalty by law.
    then
    complete Round up, judge, and execute opposition.
    Some 50,000 prisoners are being kept in stadiums/sports arenas (no more room in jails... they were full anyway.)
    Thanks for summary.

Syria/ISIS/Iraq situation getting scary. Kerry promised that "the change for peace lasts until July" (paraphrasing). Now the sacking of Aleppo and Mosul is imminent. Things are definitely chaotic. Yemen out of news but I'm assuming still ongoing. Also wondering what Saudi/Jordan/Israeli military prepratations look like.

And with all this the stock market is breaking records. Insanity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Care for (another) coup theory?
    If true...
    (I wouldn't doubt it. Look at the Outcome. Look who Erdogan is leaning away from. Look who he's leaning towards.
    and
    It 'came' right after he decided to kiss Russia's ass.)
    (Essentially: Putin 'discovered' hours before & warned.... he didn't have to. They were monitoring military comms.
    but
    He made a decision to foil ANOTHER NWO overthrow. Better the Devil you 'know' type choice.)

TRANSLATE: Media: Russian Ministry of Defense saved Erdogan

The sources explained that the national intelligence Turkey [POLICE] received a warning from the Russian Defense Ministry about the impending military coup.

According to diplomats, located in the region of the Russian army intercepted the military talks and decode radio messages, which indicated the Turkish army ready to start a revolution against the authorities in Ankara.

It is noted that during the negotiations was ordered several military helicopters heading to Erdogan hotel in Marmaris with a view to the arrest or elimination.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-20-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Care for (another) coup theory?
    If true...
    (I wouldn't doubt it. Look at the Outcome. Look who Erdogan is leaning away from. Look who he's leaning towards.
    and
    It 'came' right after he decided to kiss Russia's ass.)
    (Essentially: Putin 'discovered' hours before & warned.... he didn't have to. They were monitoring military comms.
    but
    He made a decision to foil ANOTHER NWO overthrow. Better the Devil you 'know' type choice.)

TRANSLATE: Media: Russian Ministry of Defense saved Erdogan
    I'm also thinking about this. These comments from a commenter on rt.com made me think, 3 total.

Idiots. US sold Erdogan. Now he is on the side of Iran, Russia, Syria, China

The Iranian media: A telephone conversation between President of Iran and Turkey. They agreed to cooperate on foreign policy. Today in RT Russia: Erdogan said that Russia has warned up to 3 hours before the coup

Russia warned on preparations for the coup in 3 hours prior to the start
    What if these "lists" of academics aren't simply "people against Erdogan" at all, but rather people for the U.S. who work for Western NGO's. What if these lists are from the Kremlin and Erdogan has decided to purge Western influence, while publicly claiming allegiance?

I'm only speculating, but certainly things are getting quite twisted. Erdogan could be a side-switcher.

Erdogan is an Islamist. Turkey may technically be a NATO ally, but they are NOT our allies. That much is common knowledge.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

If I were Erdogan, I would build a wall next. That will solve problems!
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Erdogan is an Islamist. Turkey may technically be a NATO ally, but they are NOT our allies. That much is common knowledge.
    Well, that's the weird thing that's occurring to me now. The downing of the Russian jet was the "big deal" at the beginning of Russia's Syrian intervention that convinced everyone that Russia/Turkey are at odds. Happened very early on, and Russia sanctioned Turkey. Erdogan was hostile, almost over the top in fact.

Makes me think perhaps it was a charade. Maybe Putin intended this move to conceal an unspoken alliance. Don't know. Definitely Erdogan is a question mark now, and I feel things are more serious. Everyone was pointing in late spring/early summer to the end of July being a turning point. Certainly big things have happened. So my antennas are going up so to speak.

Whatever is happening, doubt it's anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Well, that's the weird thing that's occurring to me now. The downing of the Russian jet was the "big deal" at the beginning of Russia's Syrian intervention that convinced everyone that Russia/Turkey are at odds. Happened very early on, and Russia sanctioned Turkey. Erdogan was hostile, almost over the top in fact.

Makes me think perhaps it was a charade. Maybe Putin intended this move to conceal an unspoken alliance. Don't know. Definitely Erdogan is a question mark now, and I feel things are more serious. Everyone was pointing in late spring/early summer to the end of July being a turning point. Certainly big things have happened. So my antennas are going up so to speak.

Yeah this whole 'coup' has raised too many questions. SO many things are at a boiling point right now. Makes me also wonder what we are missing. Standard playbook is misdirection.... there are so many things we are focused on right now that there could be major things we are missing geopolitically.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Essentially...
    The Atlanticists/NATO were getting ready to pull another Ukraine.
    What literally BLOCKED the ground game...
    was Erdogan WARNED/SURVIVING/FLEEING the helicopter assault on the hotel...
    then
    using 'FACETIME' (Facebook equivalent)
    to call MASSES of people (literally 'bodies') into the streets and on the bridge.
    Tanks could go nowhere.
    Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post

No (imo). Not a charade. Real. (the animosity/staring contest btw Erdogan & Putin)
    but
    Opportunists turn on a DIME. Russian sanctions were crippling Erdo... he knew he made a tactical error. A big one.
    He got NO backing from NATO.... he was standing there w/ his ass in the wind.
    He's a total snake. Putin knows it but makes his moves KNOWING he has bigger enemies.
    Interesting this 'story' broke through Iranian News Agency FARS.
    Alliances don't last long in these 'perilous times'.

Incirlik
    Erdogan is holding Incirlik hostage until he gets what he wants....
    remember he's a total nutjob. Completely whacked. Dangerous.
    If the US (especially now) vocally objects or threatens Erdogan over actions he's taking,
    he could hold the base hostage much longer or worse: raid the base, detain, accuse our people, show trials etc.

Their post office is also shut down, families cannot send packages,
    nothing in or out of the base at this time.
    There's the nukes as well.

Greece
    Decades old animosity between Nations and constant saber rattling
    ever since WWII and Turk confiscation of Greek property and slaughter.
    'Rebel' Pilots flew to Greece for refuge... and GOT it.
    Erdogan demands their custody to 'face justice'.
    Greece says: You can have your planes back... No Pilots.
    Erdo loses face... he hates that.

France
    French officials telling Erdo to protect human rights.
    Erdo telling French to mind their own business. Shut up.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-20-2016 at 04:41 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Erdogan is following the Putin model for consolidation of power.

No (imo). Not a charade. Real. (the animosity/staring contest btw Erdogan & Putin)
    Probably. When things get weird I tend to question my whole worldview from the ground up. Thinking out loud mostly.

Ha Ha... better buckle up then...
    it's getting even weirder..
    check this out:

CIA Agents Arrested In Turkey For Failed Erdogan Assassination Attempt.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/saksivas_...792576/photo/1

but hey... it's twitter... anybody can say anything...
    here it just says they were arrested Turkish military...
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/eu-offi...e-failed-coup/

There are 'other' rumors floating... but I don't report if Debka etc....

==================

Incirlik
    https://twitter.com/search?q=Incirlik%20&src=typd

Nothing but Disinformation
    coming out of the White House... unbelievable...
    TODAY
    Q One more topic. In Turkey, after the coup and its aftermath, has that had an impact on anti-ISIS operations, either from Incirlik or elsewhere?

MR. EARNEST: For a detailed explanation of that, I'd refer you to the Department of Defense. My understanding, based on what my colleagues at the Department of Defense have communicated to me, is that there has not been a significant disruption of our efforts against ISIL, in part because there are operations -- flight operations that are still taking place at Incirlik. In addition to that, there are capabilities that the United States maintains in the region, including aircraft carriers that could supplement any sort of disruption that occurs. And so my understanding is that the pace of operations against ISIL targets has not been affected by some of the turmoil that we have seen in Turkey over the last few days.

That said, we've spent a lot of time talking even in this room about how strategically significant the Incirlik Airbase in Turkey is because of its close proximity to Syria. It allows our aircraft, both manned and unmanned, to spend more time over the battlefield. So we certainly have credited the Turks for their partnership and their cooperation in allowing the United States and our coalition partners to use the Incirlik Airbase, and it certainly has enhanced our efforts against ISIL in a way that has had positive national security benefits for Turkey. They're the country that has the long border with Syria, so they certainly are interested in making sure that that pressure is maintained. And we're going to work with them to make sure that we can use the Incirlik Airbase to do exactly that.

Q I won't ask you specific figures, but have operations out of Incirlik been curtailed?

MR. EARNEST: My understanding is that they have not. But I'd check with the Department of Defense and they can give you a specific accounting. If there had been any changes or decline in the numbers, it's been very small and easily compensated by some of the redundancies that I've described. But based on what I have heard, there has not been any significant reduction at all in our ability to use Incirlik Airbase to take strikes against ISIL targets in Syria.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...arnest-7202016
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-20-2016 at 05:25 PM.

"Operations" being military.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/m...ower/87316140/

Incirlik Air Base is still without power

WASHINGTON — The air base at Incirlik, Turkey, used by the U.S.-led coalition to launch airstrikes and other missions against the Islamic State group, remains without power four days after a failed coup. Officials say there has been no move yet to turn it back on.

The U.S. has been relying on back-up generators to run base facilities and continue flight operations out of Incirlik.

So far, officials say there hasn't been much impact on the flights out of Incirlik, which include airstrike, surveillance, refueling and other missions. But some missions have been shifted to other locations, and officials won't specify how many.

On Tuesday, U.S. officials said they still have no idea when or if the power will be turned back on, but they said that base operations can continue with the generator power. Over time, however, there could be more significant ramifications.

"I don't believe it's a limiting factor right now," Pentagon press secretary Peter Cook said when asked about the issue Monday. "I think it's safe to say over time that it could become a limiting factor."

Air conditioners, food storage and preparation, and other daily living requirements depend on power as much as the runway lighting and air operations systems do.
    "If there's no power at Incirlik or if we remain on generated power or generator power, that's going to be a problem going forward," Toner said. "But again, U.S. Central Command is looking at that and obviously has contingency plans in place to address that."

Air Force Lt. Col Chris Karns, U.S. military spokesman at Air Force Central Command, said that some adjustments were made to launch air strikes from locations other than Incirlik, "to ensure persistent pressure was placed against" Islamic State militants. He said that aircraft location around the region provide options so that they can "deliver air power where needed."

You are right- twitter can say anything.

Source for "CIA Agents Arrested" is "Yournewswire" which is not reliable. For example, they tried to claim an old sub on the Scottish coastline was actually in Argentina and had been used to evacuate Nazis there. http://yournewswire.com/cia-agents-a...tion-attempt/#

Sub story: https://toinformistoinfluence.com/20...-yournewswire/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-20-2016 at 05:49 PM.

re tweets...
    yeah... you learn as you go... which twitter accnts and aggregators are more reliable
    which aren't... some just 'smell funny' when you read them...

These smell 'ok'

-==============================
    @E_Satlk: Turkish govt set up a new department called "Cyber Denunciation".Purpose: report social media acnts critical of govt
    https://twitter.com/E_Satlk/status/7...285217280?s=01

Sarah Kendzior – ‏@sarahkendzior
    Turkish friends are deleting Facebook accounts in terror. Academics scared by crackdown. Said only reason not in jail is that they're full.

Turkey revokes 3,212 ham radio licenses. "HF radio...is now silent. No transmissions are allowed."
    http://yaesuft817.com/wp/turkey-gouv...adio-licenses/

========================
    Is Incirlik Air Base being held hostage by Turkey?

A mother of an airmen sequestered inside Incirlik told TRUNEWS that her son informed her early Wednesday that Turkish police are still blockading the base entrance, and that the electric generators — powering flight operations and the underground bunkers housing B-61 nuclear bombs — would remain on until fuel rations were extinguished. Her son also claimed that Secretary of Defense Ash Carter vetoed a plan to transfer all personnel and equipment from the base after the military coup began Friday night, citing that the move was “too expensive”.

On the July 19th edition of TRUNEWS, host Rick Wiles interviewed Hans Kristensen, the Director of the Nuclear Information Project at the Federation of American Scientists, regarding the nuclear armaments housed at Incirlik Air Base. During the interview Mr. Kristensen noted the B-61 warheads would take approximately three weeks to transfer from the underground bunkers in the event of an emergency, even with a full military contingency facilitating the move.

Another mother of an airmen on deployment inside Incirlik told TRUNEWS that soldiers have ripped the doors and windows out of the bases dorm rooms to alleviate overheating among personnel — an issue steadily growing as air conditioning has been segmented solely for mission critical buildings. The mother, who wished to be referred to as “GP” to protect her sons identity, said he also told her Wednesday that the base only had fuel reserves for one more week of operations, and that after a week they are going to “shut-off the networks”.

TRUNEWS has also been in direct contact with airmen stationed at Incirlik, and other than confirming previous reports that the base is still in lockdown and experiencing supply shortages, the soldiers unanimously believe the severing of commercial electricity to the base was an intentional move to leverage the United States government.

On the July 19th edition of TRUNEWS, Retired 4-Star U.S. Navy Admiral James A. “Ace” Lyons told Rick Wiles that Turkey — as a NATO partner — has had their military personnel trained by U.S. counterparts on the procedures for transferring, loading, and using the nuclear warheads located under Incirlik Air Base.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-20-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You are right- twitter can say anything.

Source for "CIA Agents Arrested" is "Yournewswire" which is not reliable. For example, they tried to claim an old sub on the Scottish coastline was actually in Argentina and had been used to evacuate Nazis there. http://yournewswire.com/cia-agents-a...tion-attempt/#

Sub story: https://toinformistoinfluence.com/20...-yournewswire/
    As reputable as any MSM news source your parrot. They have said tons of ridiculous $#@!.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...g-silence-them

Wikileaks Is About To Expose The Turkish 'Coup', But Someone Is Trying To Silence Them

Turks will likely be censored to prevent them reading our pending release of 100k+ docs on politics leading up to the coup. (1/3)

— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) July 18, 2016

We ask that Turks are ready with censorship bypassing systems such as TorBrowser and uTorrent (2/3)

And that everyone else is ready to help them bypass censorship and push our links through the censorship to come. (3/3)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Erdogan is following the Putin model for consolidation of power.
    Bull$#@!. Hyperbole from the hyperbole master. Putin never took anything near such drastic measures. Ever.

HaHaHa...

The 8 Turkish officers who fled to Greece were found guilty of illegal entry & sentenced to 2 months imprisonment -- AFP
    (Hello Erdo?.... uhhmmm... no they can't come to the phone right now... no.. we understand you want them... but...
    well....I'm sorry... they're in jail and can't come to the phone. Yes... the same to you.... have a nice day.)

===================

Turkey suspends European Convention on Human Rights in wake of attempted coup

===================

GULEN STATEMENT (from Pennsylvania)

"Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan today once again demonstrated
    he will go to any length necessary to solidify his power and persecute his critics.
    It is ridiculous, irresponsible and false to suggest
    I had anything to do with the horrific failed coup.

I urge the US government to reject any effort
    to abuse the extradition process to carry out political vendettas."
    =====================

Mahir Zeynalov ‏@MahirZeynalov 15s16 seconds ago
    Turkish authorities arrest prominent lawyer for non-Muslim minorities, Orhan Kemal Cengiz, and his wife.

Transportation Ministry suspends 529 employees in connection to the coup
    (It's now something like 60,000 have lost positions/jobs... )

ANADOLU AGENCY (ENG) ‏@anadoluagency 21s21 seconds ago
    #BREAKING | Turkish parliament ratifies state of emergency

@CNNTURK_ENG: BREAKING Turkey's Dep PM Mehmet Simsek tells Reuters that more than 1,000 ppl in the military are still on the run.

=====================

TASS ‏@tassagency_en · 1 hod.
    Moscow urges Turkey to stop making "black lists" of Russian journalists

===================

Voice of Europe – ‏@V_of_Europe
    Europe Braces For Huge Wave Of Turkish 'Refugees' After Failed Revolution

Last edited by goldenequity; 07-21-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Strange....

pete john ‏@petejohn10 · 1 hod.
    #TURKEYCOUP EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS OF WHAT COUP PLOTTERS WERE TO USE IN ATTACK THAT WAS THWARTED
    http://www.pronews.gr/portal/2016072...iki/63/toyrkia
    TRANSLATE
    and yes.. (I think) those are Russian S-300's (???) and U.S. Paladin self propelled 155mm artillery (not tanks) in the photos.
    I have no idea... idk

======================

Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Plays Major Role in Turkey Coup: Mujtahid Whistle Blower

Saudi whistle-blower Mujtahid, who is believed to be a member of or have a well-connected source in the royal family, disclosed that Saudi Deputy Crown Prince and Defense Minister Mohammad bin Salman has played a bigger role than earlier thought in the recent military coup in Turkey....
    According to Mujtahid, Gulen received over $200mln from the UAE to launch the coup, he added.
    (All the sunnis want to blame 'Gulen'... now saying he was 'paid' by Saudi Royalty.
    Sorry. I don't buy it... overthrowing Turkey out of Pennsylvania?
    The whole thing has NATO/NWO written ALL over it.
    Using Sunni infighting?
    Sure... I'll believe that... but this was being 'run' out of Langley.... not the Pokenos. )

======================

WHouse spox Earnest: President Obama will not dictate the extradition process of Gulen. nor will decide. It will be acc to treaty, US laws.

Ragıp Soylu – ‏@ragipsoylu
    US State Department says they can send a team to Ankara to help writing Turkey's request of extradition on Fethullah Gulen
    (now THAT sounds like our pussy State dept. Yup. I believe it.)
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-21-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Bull$#@!. Hyperbole from the hyperbole master. Putin never took anything near such drastic measures. Ever.
    Not in the numbers that Erdogan is doing now but he has arrested opponents some on trumped up charges and shut down opposition media. Enough to send a message not to mess with him. http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe...137312130.html

Not in the numbers that Erdogan is doing now but he has arrested opponents some on trumped up charges and shut down opposition media. Enough to send a message not to mess with him. http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe...137312130.html
    hahahahaha

you, sir, are delusional if you think what Putin has done is comparable to what Ergodan has done.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Given the nature of the coup (extremely poorly executed, almost as if it were designed to fail), and the reaction (Turks of all political stripes rally around the government, which uses the opportunity to purge opponents), I think it's likely that Erdogan's people incited the coup in the first place. Suppose there were elements in the Turkish military who would have genuinely liked to see Erdogan removed, and some Erdogan loyalists approached them with feigned sympathy and offered to help organize a coup; they took the bait, and those Erdogan loyalists then undermined the coup from within, ensuring that it would fail and their ostensible allies would be arrested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast