Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trump: 'We're going to be guarding our border with the military' until wall complete

Oregon Governor Tells Trump She'll Refuse Order To Send Guard Troops South

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-border-wall-oregon-governor-090702600.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Will they have police powers?
    IDK, seems to SOP for US "policing" of foreign nations. Do they have police powers there, or just shoot on sight?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Oregon Governor Tells Trump She'll Refuse Order To Send Guard Troops South

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-border-wall-oregon-governor-090702600.html
    she wasn't even asked. HURR DURR I'M NOT GOING TO THE PARTY I WASN'T INVITED TOO!! REEEEE!
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    she wasn't even asked. HURR DURR I'M NOT GOING TO THE PARTY I WASN'T INVITED TOO!! REEEEE!
    Maybe she wants to run for POTUS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    IDK, seems to SOP for US "policing" of foreign nations. Do they have police powers there, or just shoot on sight?
    Exactly my point.

If you want to treat america just like America treated Iraq, it's a great idea.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

Red rover, red rover, send Poncho on over

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    lol.

Invaders......
    Yes, "invaders". We now have at least 12 million of them and they have been causing social and economic havoc. Are you defending those who have invaded our borders?

JWK

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    social and economic havoc.
    Lol
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Oregon’s Liberal Dem Governor Kate Brown Accepted Large Soros Donation Three Days Before She Refused to Send National Guard to Protect US Border

by Jim Hoft April 6, 2018
    Guest post by Joe Hoft

Liberal Democrat Governor Kate Brown accepted a large donation from George Soros only days before announcing that she will not send Oregon’s National Guard to the Southern border to help protect the country from illegal aliens.
    The Oregon RNC reported on Monday April 2nd, 2018, that the Oregon governor received a large donation from former Nazi collaborator and creepy billionaire George Soros –

Willamette Week is reporting(link is external) that Governor Kate Brown has accepted “an unprecedented” campaign check from George Soros, a billionaire left-wing hedge-fund manager and campaign donor who resides in New York. This is Soros’ “first direct involvement” in Oregon.

“Kate Brown has consistently ignored problems facing everyday Oregonians and has instead used the office of Governor to make herself a national left-wing celebrity. Now, Brown is cashing in and taking big campaign donations from notorious leftist puppet master, billionaire George Soros,” stated Oregon Republican Chairman Bill Currier.

“We need a Governor who tackles crime, faltering state agencies, and the PERS pension crisis, and a leader who will rescue our bottom performing K-12 schools and stop the out-of-control spending and endless tax increases,” added Currier. “Kate Brown is more interested in wooing George Soros and the out-of-state, leftist, super-rich donor class than truly confronting the serious problems at home. Now we know who she really works for.”

Three days later CNN reported –

Oregon’s governor says that if President Donald Trump asks to dispatch members of her state’s National Guard to the US southern border, she’ll “say no.”

The liberal governor tweeted –

Creepy and sinister Soros may have gifted Governor Brown to encourage her to encourage Oregon to keep his voting machines in place too. Oregon is one of 16 states that use Soros related voting machines.

Is any corrupt Democrat not associated with creepy Soros?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...zen.yandex.com

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"I do think we should deal with our borders.

One way that I would suggest that we could do it is pay less attention to the borders between Afghanistan and Iraq and Pakistan and bring our troops home and deal with the border.

But why do we pay more attention to the borders overseas and less attention to the borders here at home?

We now have a mess on the borders, and it has a lot more to do with it than just immigration, because we're financing some of this militarism against the drug dealers on the borders right now to the tune of over $1 billion. And there is a mess down there, but it's much bigger than just the immigration problem." - RONALD ERNEST PAUL.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "I do think we should deal with our borders.

One way that I would suggest that we could do it is pay less attention to the borders between Afghanistan and Iraq and Pakistan and bring our troops home and deal with the border.

But why do we pay more attention to the borders overseas and less attention to the borders here at home?

We now have a mess on the borders, and it has a lot more to do with it than just immigration, because we're financing some of this militarism against the drug dealers on the borders right now to the tune of over $1 billion. And there is a mess down there, but it's much bigger than just the immigration problem." - RONALD ERNEST PAUL.
    And the problem won't go away by hunkering behind a boondoggle or while a million hired guns sit around tallying "invaders".

Arizona and Texas will be sending 400 National Guard members to the southern border in response to President Donald Trump's Wednesday Executive Order directing the troops to "assist the border patrol" in guarding the nation's existing border fence - and of course the many miles of completely unprotected crossing zones.
    The troops will be armed for self defense "depending on the mission set," according to Brig. Gen. Tracy Norris, commander of the Texas Army National Guard, who added that it was "premature right now to know what the cost will be" of the overall operation.

The deployment will be a joint effort between Trump's federal imitative and state-level management under what's known as Title 32. Governors will retain control of the National Guard troops, however the federal government will finance the patrols.
    150 Arizona Guard members from will deploy next week, while the Texas National Guard confirmed a deployment of 250 troops over the next 72 hours as an "initial surge" which began shortly after 7 p.m. Friday at the Armed Forces Reserve Center in Austin, according to a Guard spokesman.
    Brig. Gen. Tracy Norris, commander of the Texas Army National Guard, said the deployment would begin meeting “the priorities of the governor and the president in securing our border.” In addition to troops, the Guard said it would send ground surveillance vehicles and light and medium aircraft. -New York Times
    Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey confirmed his state's deployment over Twitter.
    Our office is working closely with @AZNationalGuard, @DeptofDefense and @DHSgov on plans to deploy approximately 150 national guard members to the border next week
    — Doug Ducey (@dougducey) April 6, 2018
    The initial wave of troops falls short of the 2,000 to 4,000 members of the National Guard that Trump told the media he wanted to send - however Defense Secretary James Mattis signed orders on Friday authorizing funding for an additional 4,000 National Guard troops until Sept. 30, who would remain under the "command and control of their respective governors."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...zero-tolerance

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yes, "invaders". We now have at least 12 million of them and they have been causing social and economic havoc. Are you defending those who have invaded our borders?

JWK
    Lol x2. I reject your false analogy.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Lol x2. I reject your false analogy.
    Same.

Also, as I said on another thread:

Looks like the "army" headed here has been reduced to maybe 200.

Most are looking at options for staying in Mexico.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1HH052
    There is no spoon.

Social and economic consequences caused by illegal entrants

JWK

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Lol

Yes. They have caused social and economic havoc beginning in the 1990s. And that is something to laugh about?

Let us take a look at the destructive social and economic consequences in just one county in California inflicted upon its citizens in 1995 when this massive invasion of our borders began to accelerate. CLICK HERE and scroll to page 93 for testimony given by JOAN ZINSER before the COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY, U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, DECEMBER 13, 1995

Good morning Chairman Smith and other honorable members of the Subcommittee on Immigration and Claims. I am Joan Zinser, Deputy Director of the San Diego County Department of Social Services. I direct the department's Income Maintenance Bureau, which has responsibility for AFDC, Food Stamps and Medicaid eligibility determinations. I am here today to tell you about the effects of illegal immigration on the County's assistance programs, and to present information regarding impacts on other county-funded services.

Impacts on San Diego County

In 1993, illegal aliens in San Diego County were estimated to be 7.9% of the population, or a total of almost 220,000 illegal aliens in a county with a population of slightly over 2 1/2 million. A 1993 Calffornia State Senate report estimated that the State, local governments - primarily the County - and schools incurred $304 million in costs to provide services to illegal aliens. These costs were offset by only $60 million in taxes generated by illegal aliens - leaving a net impact of $244 million.

Welfare Costs.

When a child is a US citizen, AFDC can be granted for the child but not the parent, if the parent is an undocumented immigrant. In 1992 there were 6,414 children born to undocumented immigrant parents in San Diego County hospitals. Each year, the illegal alien parents of nearly 2000 "citizen children" apply for and receive AFDC in San Diego County. The cumulative total of these "citizen child" cases continues to rise each year.

Public assistance is intended to support the citizen child, but is paid to the illegal alien parent and is, no doubt, used by the parent to support the entire family. Costs for providing AFDC to "citizen children" cases in San Diego totaled $37 million in 1993 for approximately 5430 AFDC cases.

Additional costs are incurred in Child Welfare Services. Combining costs for Out-of-Home and Family Maintenance services to families of illegal aliens results in an additional cost of $1.7 million.

Medicaid and Other Health-Related- Costs.

Medicaid services are an increasingly large portion of the costs involved in illegal immigration. In 1992, Medicaid paid for 6,414 births illegal alien mothers. Although studies have shown that illegal aliens use fewer Medicaid services than do the age-equivalent members of the general population, significant costs remain. Delivery costs are greater for babies with mothers lacking adequate prenatal care and many medical conditions are treated more cost-effectively in their early stages. Infectious diseases are also a major concern of the County. San Diego County has historically carried large costs because of illegal aliens with these problems. Costs associated with providing emergency and pregnancy related needs to illegal aliens are paid for under "restricted Medi-Cal benefits." During the 1992 calendar year, an estimated $37 million was paid for "restricted Medi-Cal benefits." Other costs, including uncompensated care in hospitals, community clinics, and other health services elevated the 1993 total costs to over $50 million.

Criminal justice.
    A recent 90-day pilot project involved having INS Agents present in the county jails to interview those suspected of being an undocumented immigrant. Approximately 20% of the persons booked into the jails during that pilot were identified as being illegal aliens. With annual bookings of approximatel 105,000 persons a year, it is estimated that up to 21,000 were illegal aliens.

According to the San Diego County District Attorney, 8,521 felony crimes were committed by illegal aliens between 1987 and 1992. Illegal aliens commit an estimated 22% of felony crimes committed in the county. The number of misdemeanors committed during the same period in San Diego County by illegal aliens is estimated to be 17,000. In 1993, approximately 15. 1 % of the costs -accrued in dealing with crimes were spent on illegal aliens. Costs for illegal aliens to the legal system totaled $151 million in the County of San Diego for 1993.

Education.

Recently, a video of students crossing the border and getting on a school bus in San Diego County in order to receive free education was shown nationwide. Locally, we have worked to make sure that this situation does not recur, but education of the children of illegal aliens is also a significant CDSt. It is estimated that $60 million was spent in San Diego County in 1993 for education of illegal aliens.
    ________

And, more recently see:

Illegal aliens cost California billions
    ”Illegal immigration costs the taxpayers of California — which has the highest number of illegal aliens nationwide — $10.5 billion a year for education, health care and incarceration, according to a study released yesterday.”

Also see: Testimony about "51 Florida Hospitals in trouble" due to illegal aliens expenses:

Jun 10, 2008

”No need to editorialize. Here is a sampling of the sort of facts the politicians and pro-illegal lobby want you to ignore, yet expect you to continue to bear the burden of. Is it any wonder scores of hospitals in border states and elsewhere have shut down or closed their ER units?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Then take a look at Texas Faces Rising Cost For Illegal Immigrant Care

Aug 19, 2010

Texas spent at least $250 million in the past year for medical care and imprisonment of illegal immigrants and other non-citizens.

And how about this: The Fiscal Cost of Unlawful Immigrants and Amnesty to the U.S. Taxpayer

May 6, 2013

”In 2010, the average unlawful immigrant household received around $24,721 in government benefits and services while paying some $10,334 in taxes. This generated an average annual fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of around $14,387 per household. This cost had to be borne by U.S. taxpayers. Amnesty would provide unlawful households with access to over 80 means-tested welfare programs, Obamacare, Social Security, and Medicare. The fiscal deficit for each household would soar.”

And how about the tens of thousands of criminal aliens released into our nation’s population? See: Judicial Watch: 165,900 Criminal Aliens into US Population Through April 2014

Mar 2015

”Nearly 166,000 convicted criminal illegal aliens were released by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as of April, 2014. This is the analysis of 76 pages of DHS documents obtained by Judicial Watch via Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. The criminal illegal aliens include rapists, murderers and kidnappers.”

_________

Why do you find this so amusing?

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

Maybe you ought to learn some REAL History:

At the end of the Mexican American War, the original terms of the treaty stated that property belonging to Mexicans would remain theirs, and those who stayed in newly established U.S. territories would gain citizenship. Those rights were often denied, however, through judgments by the U.S. judiciary. Mexicans were often disenfranchised and some weren't granted full U.S. citizenship until the 1930s.

Congress passed the country's most comprehensive immigration act up to that point in 1917. It banned people deemed “undesirables” from entering the country, which included “illiterates” over the age of 16, "feeble-minded persons,” “epileptics,” “insane persons,” alcoholics, “professional beggars," and others. But businesses needed help because many men were fighting in World War I, so the Immigration Act was invoked because it had also established the first sanctioned temporary worker policy, which allowed workers from the Western Hemisphere, including Mexicans, to enter the country legally to work primarily in agriculture, but also on the railways and in other industries. Some stayed and built lives in the U.S.

Then the stock market crashed in 1929 and the Great Depression began. With millions out of work, some officially, and unofficially, decided the way they were going to create jobs was by getting rid of anyone with a Mexican-sounding name.

The government called it "repatriation," or the return of someone to their own country. But according to a Los Angeles County statistic cited in the book Decade of Betrayal: Mexican Repatriation in the 1930s, more than 60% of those deported were U.S. citizens. The deportations often took place without due process and Mexicans were targeted “because of 'the proximity of the Mexican border, the physical distinctiveness of mestizos, and easily identifiable barrios.

Working, tax-paying, American citizens who were of Mexican descent, were forced out of their homes and taken to Mexico. Many had never even been in Mexico before.
    There is no spoon.

Esequiel Hernández Jr.

When Soldiers Patrol the Border, Civilians Get Killed
    https://theintercept.com/2018/04/06/...iel-hernandez/

EDIT: FFF is where I originally stumbled across the link.
    https://www.fff.org/explore-freedom/...ns-get-killed/
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 04-10-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Maybe you ought to learn some REAL History:
    History is fake news which is always written by the victors. I don't blame the culture warriors, try going into another country and not following the unwritten social contracts. The people that have the worst time here are the people who flat out refuse to follow the laws of the land, oh I can't get insurance so I will drive without insurance so everyone has to get "uninsured drivers insurance".

I was all for letting people have a fair shake at society and couldn't see the other side of the coin until my coworker got hit by a van with an unlicensed illegal immigrant driving it, while he was on his motorcycle. Why couldn't she of taken the bus if she can't have a license? Hell I don't even think I would be okay with this situation if she was allowed and had a license. This is why Trump's they aren't sending the best people resonated with people. The best people wouldn't break rules even if they aren't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    History is fake news which is always written by the victors. I don't blame the culture warriors, try going into another country and not following the unwritten social contracts. The people that have the worst time here are the people who flat out refuse to follow the laws of the land, oh I can't get insurance so I will drive without insurance so everyone has to get "uninsured drivers insurance".

I was all for letting people have a fair shake at society and couldn't see the other side of the coin until my coworker got hit by a van with an unlicensed illegal immigrant driving it, while he was on his motorcycle. Why couldn't she of taken the bus if she can't have a license? Hell I don't even think I would be okay with this situation if she was allowed and had a license. This is why Trump's they aren't sending the best people resonated with people. The best people wouldn't break rules even if they aren't fair.
    Sorry about your friend but I do hope you know that insurance is a mercantile crap shoot, headed by elitists and is unconstitutional. Also, licenses were only supposed to be for things that were otherwise unlawful. They were never supposed to be for driving, marriage, cutting hair, etc.

These kinds of issues are so ingrained in society that we don't understand that they are definitely part of the Matrix trap that we are all held in.

This scene has never been more relevant.

There is no spoon.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry about your friend but I do hope you know that insurance is a mercantile crap shoot, headed by elitists and is unconstitutional. Also, licenses were only supposed to be for things that were otherwise unlawful. They were never supposed to be for driving, marriage, cutting hair, etc.

These kinds of issues are so ingrained in society that we don't understand that they are definitely part of the Matrix trap that we are all held in.

This scene has never been more relevant.

Guests that are here for the benefit of the ultra rich don't have a right to civil disobedience. They are in fact just as guilty of their crimes as their sponsors. Why do you think the media didn't want to cover someone getting hit by an illegal driver on his motorcycle leaving behind a widow and an orphan?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Guests that are here for the benefit of the ultra rich don't have a right to civil disobedience. They are in fact just as guilty of their crimes as their sponsors. Why do you think the media didn't want to cover someone getting hit by an illegal driver on his motorcycle leaving behind a widow and an orphan?
    Stop thinking about "guests" for a moment- they are a ruse- and think about yourself, your family, friends. Think about the freedoms that are being cut down daily and what is happening right in front of our faces. We will soon all be Bundys or Snowdens, or worse, absolutely clueless to the Matrix that we now live in.
    There is no spoon.

I'd rather see Trump hold the line, and ratchet up the border Guard rhetoric, passively defaming Assad and taunting Putin, than mobilize any further elsewhere. No, troops at the border won't accomplish anything, no more than a wall would, but by sending a couple thousand part-time soldiers to do their PT on the border, he's helping to keep the argument alive. Its an argument that can help liberty candidates in pro-military districts. We're past war weariness and squarely in, "if there's no great excuse for war, let's just do it already" territory.

That argument is, let's secure our borders with the military, rather than go to war. Anything to stretch out the debate at this point should be an option.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 04-10-2018 at 10:04 PM.

National Guard troops stationed along the US-Mexico border have contributed to 1,600 apprehensions of people crossing the border illegally and the capture of about 1,000 pounds of marijuana in their three-and-a-half weeks on the job, according to a Customs and Border Protection official. The official said the National Guard troops have also contributed to 451 "turn backs," where individuals abandon an attempt to illegally cross into the US.

More at: https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/09/polit...-+Most+Recent)

The Department of Homeland Security is asking the Pentagon for additional manpower and equipment to help secure the southern border, U.S. defense and Homeland Security officials tell ABC News.

The defense official said the Department of Homeland Security Wednesday will request about 700 additional National Guardsmen plus helicopters and other equipment. Defense Secretary James Mattis is expected to review the request and respond to DHS on Thursday.

More at: https://abcnews.go.com/US/dhs-reques...ry?id=55049432

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Stop thinking about "guests" for a moment

The National Guard’s deployment to the southwest border in mid-April has led to 10,805 “deportable alien arrests” of people who illegally entered the United States from Mexico, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokeswoman said Monday.
    Because guardsmen are military personnel and not law enforcement officers, they cannot apprehend illegal immigrants. But CBP officers and Border Patrol agents apprehended thousands of people that guardsmen helped point out.
    The National Guard’s presence also helped lead to the interception of more than 3,300 others who were turned back before they crossed into the U.S., CBP press secretary Corry Schiermeyer said in an email to the Washington Examiner. The Guard’s deployment has also led to an additional 11,686 pounds of marijuana being seized as a result of their work.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rants-says-cbp

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234