Thread: Answering Chief Oyarde's Question

Answering Chief Oyarde's Question

@oyarde

From another thread:

I was just thinking of AF . I saw a 1" x 17" ship auger bit today , what do they do with those ?

Used for pilot holes in wooden boat construction for planking, sheathing, keelson to ribs, bow and so on.

Older ships were pegged, newer builds - 19th century and later were bolted.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent . I saw it at an auction . I thought about buying it and just hanging it on the wall .
    Do something Danke

They spent a couple years using all traditional tools and methods to rebuild this ship in San Diego- the San Salvador. Juan Cabrillo was the first to sail up the western coast of the US. The original was built in Brazil. The heavy equipment you see was them moving it into the water.

Looks like an overkill for when Oyarde collects wild rice on his reservation.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Looks like an overkill for when Oyarde collects wild rice on his reservation.
    The wild rice roundup is very exciting to watch!