Thread: NJ Expands Medical Marijuana Program (finally)

NJ Expands Medical Marijuana Program (finally)

This just happened. I'm guessing in reaction to the sitting democrats opposing legal cannabis, the new left liberal governor is willing to expand the program to create de-facto legalization. Fine with me.

http://www.state.nj.us/health/medica...port_Final.pdf

EXPANSION OF AUTHORIZED DEBILITATING MEDICAL CONDITIONS
    The Commissioner concurs with the October 25, 2017 final recommendation of the Medicinal Marijuana ReviewPanel to grant the petitions under the categories of Chronic Pain Related to Musculoskeletal Disorders, Migraine, Anxiety, Chronic Pain of Visceral Origin, and Tourette’s Syndrome. A final agency decision was issued on March 22, 2018 to accept the Panel’s recommendations to effectuate theaddition of these debilitating conditions.

REDUCE REGISTRATION FEES
    The Department plans to revise N.J.A.C. 8:64-2.1(1)(c) to reduce registration fees (from $200 to $100)

ELIMINATE THE PHYSICIAN REGISTRY
    The Department plans to eliminate N.J.A.C. 8:64-2.4 and revise associated rules, which requires physicians interested in providing care to MMP patients to first register with the Department. In turn, these physicians were listed on the Department’s public website in a physician registry for patient convenience. The Department’s elimination of the physician registry will permit any New Jersey physician in good standing and in possession of an active controlled dangerous substances registration issued by the State Division of Consumer Affairs to authorize medicinal marijuana for their qualifying patients.

ELIMINATE 10% THC LIMIT
    The Department plans to repeal N.J.A.C. 8:64-10.7(c) to remove the 10% THC limit for product sold

I think once this settles out in a few weeks I'm going to go get a NJ MMJ card. I'm tired of dealing with dealers.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    This just happened.

I think once this settles out in a few weeks I'm going to go get a NJ MMJ card. I'm tired of dealing with dealers.
    10% thc limit?
    Just get out of NJ.

Low budget shake has better content, out here.

Last edited by pcosmar; 03-27-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Just get out of NJ.

Low budget shake has better content, out here.

10% thc limit?
    The 10% limit was a by-product of the previous obese hypocritical right liberal governor. There is no new limit.

This just happened. I'm guessing in reaction to the sitting democrats opposing legal cannabis, the new left liberal governor is willing to expand the program to create de-facto legalization. Fine with me.
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/medica...port_Final.pdf
    I'd be anxious that getting officially diagnosed with anxiety and prescribed MMJ would preclude you from being able to get a gun purchaser permit.

eg: from the application:
    "(25) Are you dependent upon the use of a narcotic(s) or other controlled dangerous substance(s)?"

"(26) Have you ever been attended, treated or observed by any doctor or psychiatrist or at any hospital or mental
    institution on an inpatient or outpatient basis for any mental or psychiatric condition? If yes, give the name and location
    of the doctor, psychiatrist, hospital or institution and the date(s) of such occurrence"
    Last edited by specsaregood; 03-27-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'd be anxious that getting officially diagnosed with anxiety and prescribed MMJ would preclude you from being able to get a gun purchaser permit.

eg: from the application:
    "(25) Are you dependent upon the use of a narcotic(s) or other controlled dangerous substance(s)?"

"(26) Have you ever been attended, treated or observed by any doctor or psychiatrist or at any hospital or mental
    institution on an inpatient or outpatient basis for any mental or psychiatric condition? If yes, give the name and location
    of the doctor, psychiatrist, hospital or institution and the date(s) of such occurrence"
    I'm pretty low profile, but if it's my turn to take a stand, then it's my turn.

The answer to (25) is "no, I am not dependent". I might go with "Chronic Pain Related to Musculoskeletal Disorders" I won't be doing anything with this until May due to skiing and travel schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Ya California's law is way better, it is for "any condition which medical marijuana provides relief"

I know girls who got it for PMS, and you can get it for insomnia.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It's a trap

front door to gun confiscation
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    It's a trap

This.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    It's a trap

End Gun Laws. End Prohibition.

Prohibition is the root of all evil.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The 10% limit was a by-product of the previous obese hypocritical right liberal governor. There is no new limit.
    That's like the tenth reason to leave NJ.

Though obviously I understand it isn't as simple as just move.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    That's like the tenth reason to leave NJ.

Though obviously I understand it isn't as simple as just move.
    My wife and I talk about it often. The changing of NJ's maximum magazine round capacity from 15 to 10 is waking her up to the idea of freedom from NJ a little bit faster.

I'm also thinking about doing an FFL transfer of my arms into her name so I can pursue this. Like I said earlier, I really don't have the time to pursue this until mid-may. Hopefully things will be more clear by then. I've waited this long. Another 6 weeks or so is no big deal.