Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Fool Yourself, the Left is Still Winning

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You are delusional again, .
    Behind the Criminal Immigration Law: Eugenics and White Supremacy
    https://www.propublica.org/article/b...hite-supremacy
    “The Democrats have to change their law — that’s their law,” Trump told reporters on Friday.

The president didn’t specify which law he was talking about. But the statute at the center of his administration’s policy is the work of Republicans — with origins dating back all the way to World War I — albeit with substantial Democratic support along the way. Known originally as the “Undesirable Aliens Act,” the statute would not exist without support from, respectively, a eugenicist and a white supremacist.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Behind the Criminal Immigration Law: Eugenics and White Supremacy
    https://www.propublica.org/article/b...hite-supremacy
    What does the motives of people who passed an old law have to do with anything?

We are being overrun with foreigners who are hostile to liberty and we must stop that to have any chance at maintaining what we have let alone ever getting more.

You need to stop reading liberal garbage, it rots the brain.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

What does the motives of people who passed an old law have to do with anything?
    Principles.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Principles.
    The only principle involved is that bad people had bad motives back then, it has nothing to do with me or anyone else who wants to limit immigration for different reasons.

You are being collectivist by claiming that anyone who wants to limit immigration must believe in eugenics.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Principles.
    Outta rep. Principles are the most elemental unit of action, yet to ignore them is a sickness most humans are happy to contract.

"What is crooked cannot be made straight, and what is lacking cannot be counted." Ecclesiastes 1:15

Principles.
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 07-30-2018 at 01:09 AM.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

It's one of the few things that need one (a central plan).
    Immigration can't be controlled any other way and it must be controlled to preserve liberty.
    The familiar trope of every authoritarian since the beginning of time. "The old central plans failed so now we need bigger and better central plans to counteract them. You need to grow government in order to keep it small."

Unfortunately, that never seems to happen. Why? Because your central plans have the same problem as the rest of them - they are centrally planned!!

Your primitive authoritarian mind may not be able to conceive of another way to fix the immigration problem, but here it is: End the drug war and the welfare state. The immigration "problem" then fixes itself. Oh, but you say we can't do that until we stop these anti-liberty people from coming here... Guess what, we have plenty of you already.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Your primitive authoritarian mind may not be able to conceive of another way to fix the immigration problem, but here it is: End the drug war and the welfare state. The immigration "problem" then fixes itself. Oh, but you say we can't do that until we stop these anti-liberty people from coming here... Guess what, we have plenty of you already.
    Absolutely right on every point--except we'd also need to stop manufacturing refugees by 'destabilizing' every nation around the world that has oil and/or poppies.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-30-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Absolutely right on every point--except we'd also need to stop manufacturing refugees by 'destabilizing' every nation around the world that has oil and/or poppies.
    Or Bananas.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Or Bananas.
    Ironic, isn't it, that the same people that are fine with carpet bombing humans for their resources because those people are only [insert racial slur here] are shocked to find refugees at their door?

Well, people, that's the sort of inconvenience that you can expect when you don't have any...

Principles.
    If the Right ever stuck to those, the Left would be losing.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The familiar trope of every authoritarian since the beginning of time. "The old central plans failed so now we need bigger and better central plans to counteract them. You need to grow government in order to keep it small."

Unfortunately, that never seems to happen. Why? Because your central plans have the same problem as the rest of them - they are centrally planned!!

Some things have always and will always require group action, everything else doesn't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We would still have an illegal immigration problem because we would be much more prosperous.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We would still have an illegal immigration problem because we would be much more prosperous.
    Probably not. A rising tide floats all boats.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably not. A rising tide floats all boats.
    It doesn't float boats with holes in them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It doesn't float boats with holes in them.
    Wait, didn't we conjecture this rising tide of prosperity on the premise that we had stopped running around spending our wealth on blowing holes in other people's boats?

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Wait, didn't we conjecture this rising tide of prosperity on the premise that we had stopped running around spending our wealth on blowing holes in other people's boats?
    They punch plenty of holes in their own boats.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What is it that you are incapable of understanding?
    If we didn't waste money on wars we would be much more prosperous and most illegals come here for the prosperity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They punch plenty of holes in their own boats.
    What is it that you are incapable of understanding?
    If we didn't waste money on wars we would be much more prosperous and most illegals come here for the prosperity.
    So you're trying to tell me that The West would have just as many Middle Easterners even if we weren't raining Tomahawks and Hellfires on the places they're coming from every day?

No matter how good they are at 'punching holes in their own boats', we're better.

So you're trying to tell me that The West would have just as many Middle Easterners even if we weren't raining Tomahawks and Hellfires on the places they're coming from every day?

No matter how good they are at 'punching holes in their own boats', we're better.
    I said America would have too many illegals, we would have less but we would have too many, Europe is a different matter for a variety of reasons.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ah, now I understand. The debt, the tarrifs, the spending, the qe, it's all strategic. Once Trump makes America a third world shythole, the foreigners won't see the point of coming. Brilliant!
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Ah, now I understand. The debt, the tarrifs, the spending, the qe, it's all strategic. Once Trump makes America a third world shythole, the foreigners won't see the point of coming. Brilliant!
    That way he can fire all his illegal immigrant chambermaids and hire us!

MAGA! Make Americans Grovel Again!

^^^THIS^^^

and

@acptulsa
    ^^^THIS^^^
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Whew, this collectivism thing is hard work.
    [/COLOR]

I thought you progressives had that down pretty good!
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

To be honest,...

LOL. Still waiting.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Well yeah but it'll be "our" $#@!hole with none of "them" around and you won't have to live in fear of a day where there might be a taco truck on every corner.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Ezra is late to the party.

I agree with almost everything you wrote, however I'm not an anarchist and I'd lump controlling the flow of immigrants in with national defense. In other words I consider immigration control a valid function of government. But like you said, if we end the drug war and welfare, the problem will mostly go away.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    True, but Trump is merely continuing the process that has been ongoing for decades. The Trump haters think it started with Trump, the Trumpsters think he's reversing it. Both groups are wrong.

If you think 'Democracy With Borders' is Delightful, wait until you take in a screening of 'Democracy Without Borders.' Rape, both of the literal and figurative kind, will be so exciting without the intimacy.

http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=14613

The history of liberal democracy since the late 18th century has been a steady expansion of the voting base. At each turn, various arguments have been put forth in support of expanding the franchise, but the one thing that has always been true is there is never a move to narrow it. After every reform effort, every crisis and every war, the arguments are always in favor of expansion of the franchise. Today, the debate is over handing a ballot to children, the retarded and foreigners. San Francisco has now granted the vote to illegals.

As much as some people wish to believe that open borders is motivated by greed, the real reason is something more systemic. An official open borders policy for labor is actually bad for employers looking to game the rules. That’s the whole point of hiring non-citizens over citizens. The non-citizen, especially the illegal, is less likely to fight back at exploitative employers. Open the borders and it becomes possible to organize those migrants. They become a part of the normalized labor force available to everyone.

The real motivation behind open borders is systemic. In a democracy, all fights within the ruling class take place within the bounds of democracy. One side, let’s call them the reformers, wants to change things. The other side, presumably benefiting from the rules, resists these changes. Selling the status quo to existing beneficiaries is easy, because over time, democracy creates a prevailing consensus. This leaves the reformers at a disadvantage. They simply cannot make the math work to democratically enact reform.

The solution is to expand the voter base. Political reformers of the 19th century, looking to reform the legal and economic arrangements, could appeal to disenfranchised men, offering them access in exchange for a vote, if they could get he vote. Social reformers of the 19th and 20 century could appeal to the female vote, if they could get women the franchise. The last 50 years in America has been about creating a new class of voters, expanding the franchise by expanding race consciousness among non-white voters.

The fight over open borders today is actually a battle to expand the franchise by those seeking to push through a post-national agenda. Since the Cold War, the White House has been held by two Progressives and a neocon, which is just a hyper-violent variant of Progressivism. Despite a near total dominance of politics, the political center has not moved that much since the end of the Cold War. The consensus has the advantage of numbers, so the solution is to import millions of new voters to support the radicals.
    When seen in the light of democracy’s inevitable expansion of the franchise, open borders makes perfect sense as the next logical step in Western democracy. It is why the open borders advocates are endlessly chanting about “our democracy” requiring the free flow of people. Democracy becomes a gaping maw, into which everything that defines a people is thrown, in order to keep democracy growing. What starts as a system for the people to chart their own path becomes a system that eliminates the very concept of a people.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast