Thread: Facebook Problem Driving Me Crazy

Facebook Problem Driving Me Crazy

Somehow I subscribed to a page where I am getting notifications for updates OUTSIDE of Facebook. This is cluttering up my notifications list like crazy. I get a notification that someone has commented, but no matter where I look I can't unsubscribe like I normally can. Normally when it says so and so has commented I click the comment and it takes me to a Facebook thread; however, this particular notification is special. It takes me to a website outside of Facebook, and the comments won't stop constantly flooding in. The only options I have are to mark it read, or hide the notification, but hiding only hides the one notification, not the billion others who flood in afterwards.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I feel your pain. I've accidentally done that, too.

Have you tried going into settings on FB and turning off notifications?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I feel your pain. I've accidentally done that, too.

Have you tried going into settings on FB and turning off notifications?
    Thanks. According to Facebook help: "You can't turn off notifications, but you can decide what notifications you get and how."

So the problem is since it links to an outside website there's no option to choose to turn off that specific one because it's not listed as a choice.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasLastHope View Post
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Somehow I subscribed to a page where I am getting notifications for updates OUTSIDE of Facebook. This is cluttering up my notifications list like crazy. I get a notification that someone has commented, but no matter where I look I can't unsubscribe like I normally can. Normally when it says so and so has commented I click the comment and it takes me to a Facebook thread; however, this particular notification is special. It takes me to a website outside of Facebook, and the comments won't stop constantly flooding in. The only options I have are to mark it read, or hide the notification, but hiding only hides the one notification, not the billion others who flood in afterwards.

Funny. I just read a bunch of words, but I have no idea what any of them mean.

I'll file this under "problems old people don't have".
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Funny. I just read a bunch of words, but I have no idea what any of them mean.

I'll file this under "problems old people don't have".

Nice to not concern yourself with that BS isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Nice to not concern yourself with that BS isn't it?
    I have a FB acct... I just don't really use it for anything except looking at pictures of people I haven't seen in awhile. I don't get the whole "likes" and "follows" and "reactions" and "tags" things. I just look at pictures. (oh, and watch sheep argue about which government boot is more scary to them.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Solution: Dont use Fedbook!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Solution: Dont use Fedbook!
    RPFs has a Fedbook page, ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Haha! I get it, torch my computer, don't use "Fedbook", ignorance is bliss, etc. etc. I left Facebook once before, but the reality is I use it every day for my business. "Everyone" is there, and it works for what I need it for. Plus I'm an elected official. I wish it wasn't this way, but right now I need it for what I do. I use it to follow a lot of political things. Go figure it's a political page that hijacked me like this. I tell you what though if I keep getting notifications for a few more days I'll just create a new profile. Problem solved. I don't want to have to do that though. It's ridiculous I should be able to just right click and say this is spam, or I don't want to see it, etc. First World problems I guess.

Haha! I get it, torch my computer, don't use "Fedbook", ignorance is bliss, etc. etc. I left Facebook once before, but the reality is I use it every day for my business. "Everyone" is there, and it works for what I need it for. Plus I'm an elected official. I wish it wasn't this way, but right now I need it for what I do. I use it to follow a lot of political things. Go figure it's a political page that hijacked me like this. I tell you what though if I keep getting notifications for a few more days I'll just create a new profile. Problem solved. I don't want to have to do that though. It's ridiculous I should be able to just right click and say this is spam, or I don't want to see it, etc. First World problems I guess.
    Big difference between "torch my computer" and "dont use fedbook". One is a tool of communication, and the other is a tool of monitoring communication. One is much more dangerous and destructive to all liberty minded societies than the other. I am all for communication, and all against monitored communication. Sadly, today, comuters and cell phones have both become "tools of content consumption" as opposed to "tools of content creation", and Liberty thrives on creation enabled by private communication.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.