Thread: Eric Peters - The time to separate is now

Exclamation Eric Peters - The time to separate is now

When Your Vote Doesn’t Matter

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...doesnt-matter/

By eric - November 5, 2020

I spoke yesterday with Bill Meyer, who hosts the Bill Meyer Show in Oregon. We talked, among other things, about the explosive fact that in states like VA and CA, a geographically tiny canker sore of urban density has achieved almost unassailable political control over the entire state.

For example, in my state – Virginia – 85 percent of the state, by geography, voted for the Orange Man but because of Northern Va and Richmond, which are hives of government workers (which means government-lovers) the state fell to the Hair Plugged Man.

The majority of the state is controlled politically by a minority of the state. It’s the same in CA and a number of other states, too.

The people no longer have a voice.

Because some people control the state.

What happens when the people of a state are disfranchised? When they come to know that their vote doesn’t matter? Is it equitable that a geographically and proportionately tiny part of a state dictates to the rest of the state?

By what right does a Beltway bureaucrat autocratically govern the lives of farmers who live hundreds of miles away? The Coonman is the governor of Northern Virginia. He is loathed in most of Virginia. But the people of the rest of the state cannot vote him out of their lives because their votes don’t matter. Northern Virginia decides the politics of Virginia.

Do we not adhere to the idea of the consent of the governed? How can there be consent when there is no choice?

This is not about red vs. blue. It is about right vs. wrong.

It is time for a parting of the ways.

Before it comes to blows.

The people of Northern Virginia have the right to govern themselves – and so do the people of the rest of the state. The state should be recognized in law what it is in fact, which is two states. The same applies to the people of other states, who have the right to govern themselves but not the right to lord it over everyone else in the state.

This is a natural evolution.

People change – and with them, politics.

It is unnatural to force them to pretend to be the same people when they are manifestly so different.

They must be allowed to separate.

It is the only peaceful way to relieve the tensions which are nearing the flash point. The flash isn’t necessary – because it isn’t necessary that the states as they are remain as they are.

Many of the western states were once much larger.

They became smaller by division.

There is a North Carolina and a South Carolina. Why not a Northern Virginia and a Southern Virginia? West Virginia was once part of Virginia. It is now a separate state. (Ironically, at the behest of the man who claimed to revile separation, Abraham Lincoln, who cut West Virginia away from “rebellious” Virginia, which no longer wished to be governed by the alien people of the north.)

There is no intrinsically necessary reason for any state to remain a single geographic and political bloc in perpetuity – and some very sound reasons for separation when the people of a consolidated state have become so divided, politically and geographically, as to make them separate people.

It does not mean they are not still Americans. But it does mean that a Northern Virginian is not a Southern Virginian. The two can coexist in the same country, perhaps. But not in the same state, under the consolidated rule of one of them.

If it weren’t for cognitive dissonance, these irreconcilable political differences would be acknowledged and acted upon – peacefully.

Before it becomes impossible to act upon them peacefully.

Kids are taught – or were – that the American colonies rightfully separated from Britain because they were not represented. Because they were justly tired of being under the political thumb of people unlike themselves, who lived far away and either knew nothing of their concerns or didn’t care about them. No one questions the legitimacy of the colonists’ argument nor the propriety of their actions.

They tried redress. They begged for representation. All they got was the royal boot.

And so they redrew political and geographic lines in such a way as to be represented and to consent to their government.

Are things any different in our time?

In states like Virginia and California and Oregon? Is it not a fact that the people of most of these aren’t represented?

That the geographic majority live under the boot of the cities and politicians of those cities, who not only rule them like royal governors but mulct them to finance their pleasure?

It is all too obvious – which is why it is so very dangerous. When elections no longer matter, as they no longer do, people will eventually take matters into their own hands.

The time has come to discuss going our separate ways before it gets to that.

We can still be Americans. If Americans’ right to govern themselves is respected. If it is not, we have two Americas – under one consolidated boot.

And then it will come to blows.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

In the flowery prose of 18th century Virginia, Jefferson is saying the same thing.

All people have a right to break political bonds that tie them, when those bonds no longer serve their purpose or the rights of people.

Common decency requires a concise explanation why.

I drift away from Eric in that I don't think Orange Man or any other holy political figure, or party, or "ism" is going to stem the tide. The only thing that will end this is when enough people suffer enough and say "NO MORE". Unfortunately, we are a long way from that point.

Liberty or death, baby. It's in our blood. We have been given this self ownership by our creator. Others dream of fame and riches. I dream about freedom. I may never truly realize it, but the only way that fire burns out is if it's snuffed out. We must keep this idea alive, no matter how many hate us and want to ruin our lives and prosperity for it. Freedom isn't popular, but I was never a cool kid anyway. Bring it.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I drift away from Eric in that I don't think Orange Man or any other holy political figure, or party, or "ism" is going to stem the tide.
    I agree, and I'm pretty sure Eric does as well.

I support Orange Man as a symbol. A symbol, that for better or worse right now, represents the the entire range of thought from Ana-Caps to Neo-Cons and everything in between. The sea of people that, for the most part, want to be left alone to live their lives, with a minimum of government interference, control and regulation and peaceful co-existence with their neighbors, without sticking their noses in their business.

The Hair Plugged Man is a symbol as well, of the sea of people that consider that very idea, selfish, self centered, tainted with all the assorted "isms" and guilty of befouling the planet. This sea of people have been taught that any system that allows people to live in this manner, only exists because it is a prop to perpetuate the "isms", and it cannot be reformed, but must be destroyed, and the people in it, re-educated, by force and exterminated if they fail to comply and show the proper deference and awe to the Exalted Leader.

And these two visions of society cannot co-exist together.

One must prevail and the other must be crushed.

AF, with all the craziness going on right now you might end up getting your wish.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I agree, and I'm pretty sure Eric does as well.

I support Orange Man as a symbol. A symbol, that for better or worse right now, represents the the entire range of thought from Ana-Caps to Neo-Cons and everything in between. The sea of people that, for the most part, want to be left alone to live their lives, with a minimum of government interference, control and regulation and peaceful co-existence with their neighbors, without sticking their noses in their business.

The Hair Plugged Man is a symbol as well, of the sea of people that consider that very idea, selfish, self centered, tainted with all the assorted "isms" and guilty of befouling the planet. This sea of people have been taught that any system that allows people to live in this manner, only exists because it is a prop to perpetuate the "isms", and it cannot be reformed, but must be destroyed, and the people in it, re-educated, by force and exterminated if they fail to comply and show the proper deference and awe to the Exalted Leader.

And these two visions of society cannot co-exist together.

One must prevail and the other must be crushed.
    I can dig that. Irreconcilable differences.

This reminds me of an old timey quote that is fitting for the times in which we are cursed to live. Living well is indeed the best revenge.

Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. - W.C. Fields

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

The time to separate was 1964. Better late then never (or post-catastrophe) I suppose.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    The time to separate was 1964. Better late then never (or post-catastrophe) I suppose.

XNN
    You and @Anti Federalist oppose AnCaps/Agorists. So, what is your plan? Obliterate them, and continue with this existing "government", owned and operated by the corporate elite? Do you plan to move to another location, still owned by Corporate USSA? Do you plan to make the first move, or have somebody else start it first?

I am not being condescending, XNavyNuke, I am just curious what the thought process is for people who continue to play into the system.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure why these "separation is good" argument always go back to the civil war and never back to Shay's rebellions. (A revolutionary war vet who rebelled after being crush by the triple thread of not being paid for his services, debt from the banksters and high taxes.) Shay's and his companions wanted to form their own country. But the founding fathers stopped them and instead passed the constitution. The rest, as they say, is history.

Anyway, on to this proposal. Yeah, north and south Virginia could split ask described. But it's always handy to have that geographic continuity thing going for you. What about Georgia / Atlanta? The "blue" part is in the center of the state. Looking at the Trump / Biden map, there are other pockets of blue in the sea of red. So...how would Georgia get split up? And what is one trying to accomplish? Making sure electoral votes from your area don't go to the candidate you love? If that's the case then isn't the simplest solution simply to divide electoral votes along congressional districts the way a couple of states did in this election? (I confess. I didn't know that was a thing.) Of course that doesn't solve the "My state passed gun control" problem. Greater municipal / county autonomy would.

When Your Vote Doesn’t Matter

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...doesnt-matter/

By eric - November 5, 2020

I spoke yesterday with Bill Meyer, who hosts the Bill Meyer Show in Oregon. We talked, among other things, about the explosive fact that in states like VA and CA, a geographically tiny canker sore of urban density has achieved almost unassailable political control over the entire state.

For example, in my state – Virginia – 85 percent of the state, by geography, voted for the Orange Man but because of Northern Va and Richmond, which are hives of government workers (which means government-lovers) the state fell to the Hair Plugged Man.

The majority of the state is controlled politically by a minority of the state. It’s the same in CA and a number of other states, too.

The people no longer have a voice.

Because some people control the state.

What happens when the people of a state are disfranchised? When they come to know that their vote doesn’t matter? Is it equitable that a geographically and proportionately tiny part of a state dictates to the rest of the state?

By what right does a Beltway bureaucrat autocratically govern the lives of farmers who live hundreds of miles away? The Coonman is the governor of Northern Virginia. He is loathed in most of Virginia. But the people of the rest of the state cannot vote him out of their lives because their votes don’t matter. Northern Virginia decides the politics of Virginia.

Do we not adhere to the idea of the consent of the governed? How can there be consent when there is no choice?

This is not about red vs. blue. It is about right vs. wrong.

It is time for a parting of the ways.

Before it comes to blows.

The people of Northern Virginia have the right to govern themselves – and so do the people of the rest of the state. The state should be recognized in law what it is in fact, which is two states. The same applies to the people of other states, who have the right to govern themselves but not the right to lord it over everyone else in the state.

This is a natural evolution.

People change – and with them, politics.

It is unnatural to force them to pretend to be the same people when they are manifestly so different.

They must be allowed to separate.

It is the only peaceful way to relieve the tensions which are nearing the flash point. The flash isn’t necessary – because it isn’t necessary that the states as they are remain as they are.

Many of the western states were once much larger.

They became smaller by division.

There is a North Carolina and a South Carolina. Why not a Northern Virginia and a Southern Virginia? West Virginia was once part of Virginia. It is now a separate state. (Ironically, at the behest of the man who claimed to revile separation, Abraham Lincoln, who cut West Virginia away from “rebellious” Virginia, which no longer wished to be governed by the alien people of the north.)

There is no intrinsically necessary reason for any state to remain a single geographic and political bloc in perpetuity – and some very sound reasons for separation when the people of a consolidated state have become so divided, politically and geographically, as to make them separate people.

It does not mean they are not still Americans. But it does mean that a Northern Virginian is not a Southern Virginian. The two can coexist in the same country, perhaps. But not in the same state, under the consolidated rule of one of them.

If it weren’t for cognitive dissonance, these irreconcilable political differences would be acknowledged and acted upon – peacefully.

Before it becomes impossible to act upon them peacefully.

Kids are taught – or were – that the American colonies rightfully separated from Britain because they were not represented. Because they were justly tired of being under the political thumb of people unlike themselves, who lived far away and either knew nothing of their concerns or didn’t care about them. No one questions the legitimacy of the colonists’ argument nor the propriety of their actions.

They tried redress. They begged for representation. All they got was the royal boot.

And so they redrew political and geographic lines in such a way as to be represented and to consent to their government.

Are things any different in our time?

In states like Virginia and California and Oregon? Is it not a fact that the people of most of these aren’t represented?

That the geographic majority live under the boot of the cities and politicians of those cities, who not only rule them like royal governors but mulct them to finance their pleasure?

It is all too obvious – which is why it is so very dangerous. When elections no longer matter, as they no longer do, people will eventually take matters into their own hands.

The time has come to discuss going our separate ways before it gets to that.

We can still be Americans. If Americans’ right to govern themselves is respected. If it is not, we have two Americas – under one consolidated boot.

And then it will come to blows.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I am not being condescending, XNavyNuke, I am just curious what the thought process is for people who continue to play into the system.
    I cannot and will not speak for "people". To the extent that I engage with "the system", I do so because it is in my self interest to do so. To the extent that I oppose "the system", the same holds true. I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Regarding Eric Peters' post and my reference to 1964, I was pointing out my belief that geography (spatial and cultural) is destiny. History shows that time and again.

For the record, I would not label my philosophy anti-agorism nor pro-libertarian municipalism but feel free to label me as you wish. Not that you need my permission.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

I cannot and will not speak for "people". To the extent that I engage with "the system", I do so because it is in my self interest to do so. To the extent that I oppose "the system", the same holds true. I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Regarding Eric Peters' post and my reference to 1964, I was pointing out my belief that geography (spatial and cultural) is destiny. History shows that time and again.

For the record, I would not label my philosophy anti-agorism nor pro-libertarian municipalism but feel free to label me as you wish. Not that you need my permission.

XNN
    Thank you for the response. I just wanted to know from your perspective how separating is possible while continuing to support the system that is the underlying problem. You do know that government will never shrink, but only expand, regardless of the house or who the president is?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nt-an-Oxymoron

I drift away from Eric in that I don't think Orange Man or any other holy political figure, or party, or "ism" is going to stem the tide. The only thing that will end this is when enough people suffer enough and say "NO MORE". Unfortunately, we are a long way from that point.

Liberty or death, baby. It's in our blood. We have been given this self ownership by our creator. Others dream of fame and riches. I dream about freedom. I may never truly realize it, but the only way that fire burns out is if it's snuffed out. We must keep this idea alive, no matter how many hate us and want to ruin our lives and prosperity for it. Freedom isn't popular, but I was never a cool kid anyway. Bring it.
    Amen, Bro!!!
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Amen, Bro!!!

I am always out of + REP

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Anyway, on to this proposal. Yeah, north and south Virginia could split ask described. But it's always handy to have that geographic continuity thing going for you. What about Georgia / Atlanta? The "blue" part is in the center of the state. Looking at the Trump / Biden map, there are other pockets of blue in the sea of red. So...how would Georgia get split up?
    First, table existing boundaries and start with a blank sheet of paper. Article IV, Section 3 certainly allows this thought experiment.

Let's look at the OMB map of Combined Statistical Areas.

It actually matches quite nicely with the US Light Pollution map.

And both bear a striking resemblance to the urban archipelago that has manifested over the last ten presidential elections.
    [IMG]https://miro.medium.com/max/700/1*M4Shwb8SMpA7pLYeaqXkcA.png[/IMG]

Start with the urban cores and apply a nearest neighbor algorithm. It may make more sense to combine Atlanta with Chattanooga, Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery, and Columbus rather than sticking Macon and Savannah with it.

Think outside the box.

XNN

Thank you for the response. I just wanted to know from your perspective how separating is possible while continuing to support the system that is the underlying problem. You do know that government will never shrink, but only expand, regardless of the house or who the president is?
    Short of natural disaster, and subsequent depopulation which limits the utility of parasitic mouths, recorded human history is one of continued expansion of governmental size and scope. Even forced downsizings were regionally limited and temporary. Human nature is what it is. I can recognize something as possible, without it being probable and/or desirable.

XNN

Hell, if Puerto Rico wants to be a state, let Rural Oregon be part of Idaho.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/tir...ye-new-border/

As a hotly contested election highlights the United States’s deep divisions, rural voters in liberal blue-state Oregon have approved a radical solution — splitting off to join neighboring deep-red conservative Idaho.

Two conservative counties voted in favor of a non-binding measure to “Move Oregon’s Borders” during Tuesday’s polls, which also saw their northwestern US state predictably vote for Joe Biden in the race for president.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Hell, if Puerto Rico wants to be a state, let Rural Oregon be part of Idaho.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/tir...ye-new-border/

As a hotly contested election highlights the United States’s deep divisions, rural voters in liberal blue-state Oregon have approved a radical solution — splitting off to join neighboring deep-red conservative Idaho.

Two conservative counties voted in favor of a non-binding measure to “Move Oregon’s Borders” during Tuesday’s polls, which also saw their northwestern US state predictably vote for Joe Biden in the race for president.
    Northern California & southern Oregon have wanted to make the state of Jefferson for years- sounds like a perfect time.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Northern California & southern Oregon have wanted to make the state of Jefferson for years- sounds like a perfect time.
    I think so too. In fact, this should be a national discussion. Blue states create "blue nation", red states create "red nation". I say, leave an area for independents & libertarians too.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

You and @Anti Federalist oppose AnCaps/Agorists. So, what is your plan? Obliterate them, and continue with this existing "government", owned and operated by the corporate elite? Do you plan to move to another location, still owned by Corporate USSA? Do you plan to make the first move, or have somebody else start it first?

I have stated many times that I support the concept and philosophic of anarcho-capatilism, "market anarchism" or agorism.

I think humanity will evolve to the point where it will be the working principle of mankind, perhaps for tens of thousands of years.

I do not think it is workable at this time and juncture in history, given current state of affairs.

Feel free to live with the Marxists, with us, or by yourselves.

You can have Rhode Island.

And what is one trying to accomplish?
    Shay's rebellion is much better example than the Civil War, agreed.

What I want is simply a homeland where the threat of Marxist revolution and Jacobin-esque bloodshed is not breathing fire down the back of my neck every day.

Maybe I am being overly paranoid, maybe my "doom and gloom" natural outlook has run away with itself...I dunno.

But I am being honest with you brother, with you, and with everybody else here...my "DANGER WILL ROBINSON" alarm is screaming at me right now.

I am getting the gut feeling that we are, quite literally, one minute away from an internal inter-political and inter-ethnic conflict that will make Bosnia and Rwanda and Cambodia look like a child's pink tea.

I reckon I'm feeling like a Polish Jew in 1939 or the death row inmate, awaiting execution for matricide, the feeling he had just a split-second before that high box bitch nagged him for the last $#@!ing time.

I want to accomplish a "turning away" before it's too late.

That's rather drastic transition, from "Make America Great"... to "Make Amerca Break".

It's not going to be practical though for MAGA crowd, they would be utterly confused when they find Steve Bannon, Jeff Sessions, Don Jr on one side and Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner and Donald on the other side. Which side will the base go to.

I have stated many times that I support the concept and philosophic of anarcho-capatilism, "market anarchism" or agorism.

I think humanity will evolve to the point where it will be the working principle of mankind, perhaps for tens of thousands of years.

I do not think it is workable at this time and juncture in history, given current state of affairs.

Feel free to live with the Marxists, with us, or by yourselves.

You can have Rhode Island.
    I don't know if I share your optimism regarding where humanity will end up in 10,000 years (Brave New World/1984 seems just as likely to me), but everything else in this post is perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    I don't know if I share your optimism regarding where humanity will end up in 10,000 years (Brave New World/1984 seems just as likely to me), but everything else in this post is perfection.
    In the long, LONG term, I have hope.

I think we will evolve and grow to a point where the ideas of monopoly of force and governing authoritarianism are as repugnant as chattel slavery is today.

I think we will reach the stars and colonize new planets where whole new worlds of humans will live in freedom and prosperity.

Our job is to beat back the forces of darkness and misery and illegitimate authority, whose announced future for humanity is not those bright shining worlds, and travel to the stars, but misery, poverty, ignorance, death, stagnation and a black boot, smashing a human face, forever.

These forces are ascendant right now and if successful, could plunge the world into a dark age that would delay that dream for millennium.

That is our enemy and they are making their move now.

In the long, LONG term, I have hope.

I think we will evolve and grow to a point where the ideas of monopoly of force and governing authoritarianism are as repugnant as chattel slavery is today.

I think we will reach the stars and colonize new planets where whole new worlds of humans will live in freedom and prosperity.

Our job is to beat back the forces of darkness and misery and illegitimate authority, whose announced future for humanity is not those bright shining worlds, and travel to the stars, but misery, poverty, ignorance, death, stagnation and a black boot, smashing a human face, forever.

These forces are ascendant right now and if successful, could plunge the world into a dark age that would delay that dream for millennium.

That is our enemy and they are making their move now.
    God willing, may our efforts be instrumental to that outcome.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First, table existing boundaries and start with a blank sheet of paper. Article IV, Section 3 certainly allows this thought experiment.

Let's look at the OMB map of Combined Statistical Areas.

It actually matches quite nicely with the US Light Pollution map.

And both bear a striking resemblance to the urban archipelago that has manifested over the last ten presidential elections.
    [IMG]https://miro.medium.com/max/700/1*M4Shwb8SMpA7pLYeaqXkcA.png[/IMG]

Start with the urban cores and apply a nearest neighbor algorithm. It may make more sense to combine Atlanta with Chattanooga, Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery, and Columbus rather than sticking Macon and Savannah with it.

Think outside the box.

XNN
    Your "light map map" doesn't match the Trump vote map. And you would put Huntsville with Birmingham when Huntsville went for Trump 53 to 45. But even going by the light map, there is a swath of "tan" in between Atlanta and Chattanooga. I know that area. Dalton (carpet capital of the world), Calhoun, Chattsworth. About as conservative as you can get. And Article IV section 3 requires approval of the state legislature and congress. It's a non workable proposal even thinking outside the box.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Shay's rebellion is much better example than the Civil War, agreed.

What I want is simply a homeland where the threat of Marxist revolution and Jacobin-esque bloodshed is not breathing fire down the back of my neck every day.

Maybe I am being overly paranoid, maybe my "doom and gloom" natural outlook has run away with itself...I dunno.

But I am being honest with you brother, with you, and with everybody else here...my "DANGER WILL ROBINSON" alarm is screaming at me right now.

I am getting the gut feeling that we are, quite literally, one minute away from an internal inter-political and inter-ethnic conflict that will make Bosnia and Rwanda and Cambodia look like a child's pink tea.

I reckon I'm feeling like a Polish Jew in 1939 or the death row inmate, awaiting execution for matricide, the feeling he had just a split-second before that high box bitch nagged him for the last $#@!ing time.

I want to accomplish a "turning away" before it's too late.
    Ah. You're thinking "personal survival." Got it. But is the OP proposed solution viable? And even if it is, is there a better option? One thing you have to evaluate with any action is the likely reaction to it. The likely reaction to an Article IV section 3 proposal to split a current state, which requires an act of Congress plus a state legislature vote, is....no. If you had enough political clout to pull that off, not only would Trump have won but Ron might have won. "Oh but we'll make it so intolerable for them that they'll want the separation." Yeah....that might trigger the very danger you're trying to avoid. You mentioned the Jews in Poland? Well Jews in Germany tried to take Hitler out with a boycott. Only Zionists Jews sabotaged the idea. (See: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...stopped-hitler) Some have speculated that this action triggered the "final solution" reaction. So there go two problems with the separation idea. One is that the PTB won't allow it (not peacefully anyway), and two you're not going to get even 100% cooperation from the people that are supposedly on your side. Hell, when we had 1,000 person Ron Paul rallies downtown where I live, you couldn't get more than 10 people to show up to phone bank. You think freedom isn't popular? Actual work is even less popular!

So what's the other option? Looking at @XNavyNuke's light map, there are some states that are 100% "tan." Looking at the latest election map, there are some states where every county is red. So....from a personal survival standpoint...if you're worried about blue domination...move to a 100% red state. "Oh but the Jacobins will move there too." Ummmm.....no they won't. There is a reason those states show up 100% red and 100% tan at the same time. There's a reason why they are so sparsely populated. Nobody used to an easy life wants to live there. Some of these states have towns that were once viable that now literally have only 1 to 3 residents. Seriously, a town that used to have over a thousand people (maybe more) almost a complete ghost town. You think some metrosexual purple haired SJW is going to move there? Where is he going to get his nails done? "Oh...but they'll want the resources. Oil and farmland and all that good stuff." That requires people to do *gasp* manual labor. They ain't coming. Besides they want to shut down oil anyway. Let them. Country folks know how to use a wood stove and in a pinch they can power their tractor with a wood gas generator. "Oh but the immigrants from third world countries who don't mind hard work will move in." Ummm....that's going to happen regardless of whether or not you get your own new red state as opposed to moving to an existing red state.

So there you have it. A way to have "peaceful separation" without a civil war (too bloody) and without an act of congress (just won't happen). You're welcome.

Your "light map map" doesn't match the Trump vote map. And you would put Huntsville with Birmingham when Huntsville went for Trump 53 to 45. But even going by the light map, there is a swath of "tan" in between Atlanta and Chattanooga. I know that area. Dalton (carpet capital of the world), Calhoun, Chattsworth. About as conservative as you can get. And Article IV section 3 requires approval of the state legislature and congress. It's a non workable proposal even thinking outside the box.
    I wasn't trying to make a Trump or Biden map. I was using something pre-existing from the Federal goobermint. Made no claims to it being the best at anything. As for making up states based on presidential leaning by county, where would one start? 2016? 1996? 1976? 1956? Any solution will be arbitrary and "best" only for a select group and only for that moment in time. Not exactly a great way to make up new states.

As to it being a non-workable proposal - of course it is. All proposals will be unworkable under IV-3. Much like the amendment process, it is difficult by design.

XNN