Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Texas Rep Chip Roy Implicitly Threatens Secession During Floor Speech

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    We're running out of time for this kind of navel gazing... I'm as guilty as the next anti-statist when it comes to ideological purity, but we've got a better chance of distilling the state out of the concoction without all of the commies.

We're running out of time. And if you don't see that... I don't know - what's your solution?
    There is no solution. On the scale of national politics, what will happen will happen, and neither you nor I can change or influence it. We're best off doing what we can within our spheres of influence, accepting the inevitable, and adjusting our lives to live as free as we can in an unfree world.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    There is no solution. On the scale of national politics, what will happen will happen, and neither you nor I can change or influence it. We're best off doing what we can within our spheres of influence, accepting the inevitable, and adjusting our lives to live as free as we can in an unfree world.
    I dunno.

A butterfly flaps its wings and all that.

Some dude on some backwards message board says the words "vote harder" and it becomes a popular political meme (h/t AF). Which in turn leads to distrust in the political system. Which in turn lead to skepticism in 2020 election. Which led to Jan 6.

Yes - you heard that right, I basically single handedly caused Jan 6.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    What good do you think this sort of nihilism does for the prospects of liberty, IM?

All of this could have been said about Ron's campaigns. They did more good than we can possibly calculate.

As @TheTexan noted, forces set into motion have a way of making an impact.

Let it not be said that we did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Sounds legit
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucus/st...19579822403595
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123