Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The GOP will change its tune on Donald Trump. Just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Poor campaign strategy. Rand would have probably been beaten by the two Cubanos, even if Trump never appeared.
    If they are Cubanos, what are you? Irish, English, German, Polish?
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sadly, it becomes clear that some of the forum members just supported Ron Paul because he was "anti-establishment" - and NOT because they understood anything of what he said.

Ban them.
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusI View Post
    Sadly, it becomes clear that some of the forum members just supported Ron Paul because he was "anti-establishment" - and NOT because they understood anything of what he said.

Ban them.
    Yeah, that's been clear to many of us for quite awhile. It's why his "supporters" can back Trump or Sanders. They were just contrarian and Ron Paul's message never really mattered to them.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Trump, Obama, Clinton...they are all thieves, and they will bend the knee or be destroyed. The Siege of D.C. begins.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, that's been clear to many of us for quite awhile. It's why his "supporters" can back Trump or Sanders. They were just contrarian and Ron Paul's message never really mattered to them.
    Pleasure in wickedness (destruction) rather than the love of Truth. They are being separated.

Holy $#@! people. We have no effect on Trumps success or failure. Focus on races other than the $#@!ing Presidency. Chip in there where you can.

The Presidency is just a sideshow now.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

The GOP will change its tune on Donald Trump
    Of course it will - as will he on it. They will be reconciled.

It may be noisy; it may be rocky; it may be be contentious. There may be an abundance of "sour grapes" on both sides.

But ultimately, any Sturm und Drang will turn out to be only so much "sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Because however messy and ugly it may get, they will be reconciled. The logic of authoritarian dialectic assures it.

The GOP are establishment authoritarians. [Thesis]

Trump is a populist authoritarian. [Antithesis]

It is thus just a matter of achieving mutual accomodation on the basis of shared authoritarianism. [Synthesis]

(The same sort of synthetic dynamic pertains to the false but alleged "Republican vs. Democrat" dichotomy.)

However it actually falls out, authoritarianism will win and the cause of liberty will lose.

Those who anticipate any other outcome are deluding themselves ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Of course it will - as will he on it. They will be reconciled.

It may be noisy; it may be rocky; it may be be contentious. There may be an abundance of "sour grapes" on both sides.

But ultimately, any Sturm und Drang will turn out to be only so much "sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Because however messy and ugly it may get, they will be reconciled. The logic of authoritarian dialectic assures it.

The GOP are establishment authoritarians. [Thesis]

Trump is a populist authoritarian. [Antithesis]

It is thus just a matter of achieving mutual accomodation on the basis of shared authoritarianism. [Synthesis]

(The same sort of synthetic dynamic pertains to the false but alleged "Republican vs. Democrat" dichotomy.)

However it actually falls out, authoritarianism will win and the cause of liberty will lose.

Those who anticipate any other outcome are deluding themselves ...
    The problem is that the cause of liberty has already lost, and not just once but repeatedly.

For my entire adult life, the voters have been trying to "kick the bums out". Several times it appeared that they had indeed done so. And yet we have not even had a brief respite from having a country run by bums; the identities change but the policies only change in the getting-worse direction.

First election I had the chance to vote in, I campaigned for Ross Perot. He got 19% of the popular vote, which I believe is the best performance ever for a non-major-party candidate in a US Presidential election.

Next election cycle was the midterm "Republican Revolution" where a Democratic Congress was thrown out and a GOP Congress took its place.

Several years later, the country, sick of the endless train of Clinton scandals, elected GWB (sort of). Another changing of the bums, and things got worse.

In 2002 there was a bum-eviction in the Senate. The Democratic bums were tossed out in favor of GOP bums, who promptly abused their power just as badly as the Democrats did.

2006 the GOP bums in Congress were again tossed out in favor of Democrat bums, who again simply abused their power and reformed nothing.

2008 elected Obama, who was supposed to be a sea change in US politics, but he turned out to be all but a clone of GWB.

2010 another populist revolt came along and the Tea Party swept out the Democrats again.

By 2012 the GOP House had become such a handmaiden to Obama that one couldn't tell the difference on a practical basis.

2014 was another semi-Tea-Party backlash against Obama excesses, only to elect another supine GOP Congress.

My entire life experience in politics says the current system will not be directly replaced with one favorable to liberty, no matter how angry the electorate is about the depredations and crimes of the government.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    For my entire adult life, the voters have been trying to "kick the bums out".
    The house should be picked like jury duty, just randomly select some Social Security numbers, ask few questions to make sure they are sane, then make them representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    lol okay the guy who called bill clinton the night before he ran is not TPTB.. good luck with that. he will bend over as soon as he is sworn in.
    and if he doesn't bend over and *stay* bent over, he will get a permanent comb-over.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    The house should be picked like jury duty, just randomly select some Social Security numbers, ask few questions to make sure they are sane, then make them representatives.
    Involuntary servitude issues?

The problem is that the cause of liberty has already lost, and not just once but repeatedly.

For my entire adult life, the voters have been trying to "kick the bums out". Several times it appeared that they had indeed done so. And yet we have not even had a brief respite from having a country run by bums; the identities change but the policies only change in the getting-worse direction.

First election I had the chance to vote in, I campaigned for Ross Perot. He got 19% of the popular vote, which I believe is the best performance ever for a non-major-party candidate in a US Presidential election.

Next election cycle was the midterm "Republican Revolution" where a Democratic Congress was thrown out and a GOP Congress took its place.

Several years later, the country, sick of the endless train of Clinton scandals, elected GWB (sort of). Another changing of the bums, and things got worse.

In 2002 there was a bum-eviction in the Senate. The Democratic bums were tossed out in favor of GOP bums, who promptly abused their power just as badly as the Democrats did.

2006 the GOP bums in Congress were again tossed out in favor of Democrat bums, who again simply abused their power and reformed nothing.

2008 elected Obama, who was supposed to be a sea change in US politics, but he turned out to be all but a clone of GWB.

2010 another populist revolt came along and the Tea Party swept out the Democrats again.

By 2012 the GOP House had become such a handmaiden to Obama that one couldn't tell the difference on a practical basis.

2014 was another semi-Tea-Party backlash against Obama excesses, only to elect another supine GOP Congress.

My entire life experience in politics says the current system will not be directly replaced with one favorable to liberty, no matter how angry the electorate is about the depredations and crimes of the government.
    So you're a living example of someone who does the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

And you don't realize that you're still doing it.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    Define "sane" ...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    So you're a living example of someone who does the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

And you don't realize that you're still doing it.
    More like he wants to provoke a reaction, even though he knows the game is hopelessly rigged.

Bumping this to remind people to think for themselves and not swallow the MSM propaganda. It turns out that this time wasn't different after all. Just like every other election the early polls were meaningless, and the race tightened as November has drawn closer. There are no more Republicans refusing to support Trump than refused to support Romney or any other Republican candidate in history. NeverTrump has been reduced to a small band of used-up hacks who can't get their Egg McMuffin candidate over 0%.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Define "sane" ...
    Sane: Rational, Norrmal not a nutcase aka like McCain Rubio Cotton.

Insane.

1.Wars! Russia evil!!
    2.THANK GOD FOR THE SAUDIS!!!!!!!!!
    3.We must show support for the Israeli state.
    4. No taxes for the Rich!
    5.Who cares for the poor?

6.No Free Healthcare!

Lol. Let's bet to see if Ted Cruz will ever be relevant again.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Sane: Rational, Norrmal not a nutcase aka like McCain Rubio Cotton.

Insane.

1.Wars! Russia evil!!
    2.THANK GOD FOR THE SAUDIS!!!!!!!!!
    3.We must show support for the Israeli state.
    4. No taxes for the Rich!
    5.Who cares for the poor?

6.No Free Healthcare!
    Define free healthcare.
    I am the spoon.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Define free healthcare.

are you saying no one gets free health care?

Understandable. They signed a pledge and then when the nomination didn't go their way, they broke it.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

That's crazy! Why in the world would you bar a candidate from running if they don't back the nominee? It just goes to show that there's only one thing that really matters to the two established parties: unity, even if you have to unite behind people like Trump or Hillary.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic