Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump Jr. 'fixes' Nike ad featuring Colin Kaepernick

Donald Trump Jr. 'fixes' Nike ad featuring Colin Kaepernick

Did not see this coming:

Donald Trump Jr. 'fixes' Nike ad featuring Colin Kaepernick in Facebook post

September 06, 2018
    Source: Associated Press

The president’s son has responded to Nike’s new “Just Do It” ad campaign featuring former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

The first ad, which also features LeBron James and Serena Williams, among others, has drawn both praise and criticism because of Kaepernick, since he began kneeling during the national anthem in the 2016 season.

Some have burned their Nike apparel in response.

Kaepernick is now a free agent who hasn’t been signed to a team since that season.

He tweeted a photo from the Nike campaign on Monday that reads, “Believe in Something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”

His face is prominently featured in black and white.

Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything. #JustDoIt pic.twitter.com/SRWkMIDdaO

— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) September 3, 2018
    In response, Donald Trump Jr. posted to Facebook using the same words, but instead used a black and white photo of President Donald Trump’s face.

“There, fixed it for you,” he said in the post.

Trump has also tweeted his view after Nike released Colin Kaepernick commercial featuring Lebron James and Serena Williams:

Related

‘What was Nike thinking?’: Trump reacts to Nike ad featuring Colin Kaepernick
    September 7
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-opener-on-nbc

Nike Releases Full Colin Kaepernick Commercial Featuring LeBron James, Serena Williams & More

9/5/2018
    On the heels of a massive controversy surrounding Nike's new 30th anniversary ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick, the sports brand has released a full-length commercial featuring some of today's biggest athletes.

The clip, narrated by Kaepernick displays LeBron James and Serena Williams among others, encouraging success in everyone no matter what his or her background. At the end, the 49ers quarterback makes the statement, "Don't ask if your dreams are crazy. Ask if they're crazy enough."

"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything," Kaepernick wrote alongside his post, mirroring the slogan written on the black-and-white poster unveiled on Monday. See the full commercial below.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    The self-destruction of the many evil mega-corps is just one of the many....

...every day under Trump for me, is a dream come true.

Nike, NFL, etc, all stepping on their own dicks, and then trying to get their foot off by grabbing their balls.
    It's hilarious.

The man is a magician (sorcerer, actually), of amazing power.

I mean, I don't ever remember laughing at politics. It was rage every day.

Now it is true gut laughs every day.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    The self-destruction of the many evil mega-corps is just one of the many....

...every day under Trump for me, is a dream come true.

Nike, NFL, etc, all stepping on their own dicks, and then trying to get their foot off by grabbing their balls.
    It's hilarious.

The man is a magician (sorcerer, actually), of amazing power.

I mean, I don't ever remember laughing at politics. It was rage every day.

Now it is true gut laughs every day.
    Will Trump eradicate incompetence?

Bunch of damned Flaggots.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Serena Williams is an angry nutter and a poor loser too. Fits right in their with Kapernick...

https://nypost.com/2018/09/08/its-sh...o-naomi-osaka/
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Serena Williams is an angry nutter and a poor loser too. Fits right in their with Kapernick...

https://nypost.com/2018/09/08/its-sh...o-naomi-osaka/
    It was her turn.

At the risk of sounding like a union organizer and all round leftist,
    NIKE's workers on the assembly lines overseas are very underpaid.

The state is NOT God- why is anyone here supporting Trump in demanding state worship?
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The state is NOT God- why is anyone here supporting Trump in demanding state worship?
    I don't care about the tactic. I love the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a union organizer and all round leftist,
    NIKE's workers on the assembly lines overseas are very underpaid.
    It's not just NIKE, it's any sweatshop. Been going on forever, will continue as long as there is cheap labor somewhere in the world. Ivanka knows about this first hand...
    https://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/2...low-pay-abuse/
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

I wonder if Michael Moore has changed his mind about Nike now:

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

There is a difference between state worship and respect for the good in America.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

A flag means different things to different people. I don't get overly animated about flags but when the left throws in things like, "America was never great" it does come across as a bit of a spit in the eye. I wholly understand why people got pissed off and rallied behind Trump over the issue.

Even Rand Paul understands the phenomenon. He would speak in front of crowds and often phrase the question, 'why do we give money to people who burn our nation's flag?' and it would be met with applause.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I have a bigger problem with a US president supporting terrorism my tax money, causing destabilization in foreign nations that then lead to the immigration of many people who ordinarly would have preferred to live in the home. And last but not least, I have a much more bigger problem with president who takes marching order from the evil slime president of Israel. That to me is 1000x more anti American than what Nike or the footballer did.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    A flag means different things to different people. I don't get overly animated about flags but when the left throws in things like, "America was never great" it does come across as a bit of a spit in the eye. I wholly understand why people got pissed off and rallied behind Trump over the issue.

Even Rand Paul understands the phenomenon. He would speak in front of crowds and often phrase the question, 'why do we give money to people who burn our nation's flag?' and it would be met with applause.
    The problem with Rands question is that we never actually give money to people who burn our flag. The money is usually given to their govts who in turn use that money to oppress them. Hence the reason why they burn our flag. You see that with people in Pakistan where the govt allows the US military to conduct drone warfare and kill their people.

The better question would be, why are people burning our flag after we give their govts money to take care of em?

Liberals are being very pro capitalist/corporations with Nike.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Liberals are being very pro capitalist/corporations with Nike.
    Just like they suddenly love the CIA and FBI.

They have completely lost any beliefs they ever had in the pursuit of power and perversity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	143128.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	751.2 KB 
ID:	6111
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Just like they suddenly love the CIA and FBI.

They have completely lost any beliefs they ever had in the pursuit of power and perversity.
    is that why dolan has been on every side of every issue as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    is that why dolan has been on every side of every issue as well?
    Trump, a creature of DC establishment trying his best to change colours will make him look like a flip flopper. Thee genius part about him is that he can act in the opposite interest as his supporters and then make em believe that it is the people who he appointed that made him do it and thereby deny any responsibility of said action.

I say that it is either that he is a genius or his supporters are dumb as a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	143128.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	751.2 KB 
ID:	6111
    NIKE believes in sweatshops and slave labor and they will sacrifice any number of slaves for them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

1 Ivanka isn't her father
    2 Trump doesn't run the factories he buys from them, that makes him like NIKE's customers (if we assume he made the decision to buy from those factories instead of some employee handling that)
    3 Trump is trying to bring manufacturing back to America from countries that use sweatshops and slave labor and NIKE isn't moving their factories which they directly control to any non-slave labor countries let alone America

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The problem with Rands question is that we never actually give money to people who burn our flag. The money is usually given to their govts who in turn use that money to oppress them. Hence the reason why they burn our flag. You see that with people in Pakistan where the govt allows the US military to conduct drone warfare and kill their people.

The better question would be, why are people burning our flag after we give their govts money to take care of em?
    Rand most likely understands that. His goal is to cut foreign aid though. To do that, he's gotta get that seed planted in people's minds by telling them what they want to hear (apparently he can use a bit of populism to his advantage as well). You use subtle measures to sway public opinion without people realizing it. Trump knows how to do that. Rand's better at it than his father. We have a lot to learn really.

Joe Public just isn't quite to the point where we can have deep cause/effect discussions like the one you pointed out, even though you're right. We're getting there, though.

Public opinion is a fragile thing. For example, if Trump decided to bomb North Korea tomorrow, yes, there will be a lot of people who are going to suddenly forget everything about non-interventionism and jump on the war wagon. It happened with Syria's bombing earlier this year.

But when Trump goes to a MAGA rally and chastises the war hawks for their impatience over the pace of the North Korea talks, and the crowd applauds, it's apparent to me that he's changing public opinion towards non-interventionism. This will make it much easier for future presidents to walk into his shoes and continue nudging the American people in that direction. That must be incredibly frustrating for the neocons who have worked for decades to groom the American people into warmongers.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ender again.

Totally agree Ender. I know many here disagree, but I completely support Colin Kaepernick's endeavors against the police state's endless unnecessary attacks against people of color. Yes, I know: more white people get killed by rogue cops than black people (although as a percentage of population this is not true). Yes, I know: Colin Kaepernick should be protesting for all victims of police violence, not just victims who are people of color. Yada yada yada. But I am just happy the subject of police violence is at least being addressed and, perhaps, with the efforts of Kaepernick and others, at least some positive changes to the problem of excessive force used by out of control cops will occur. It's sure better than all the stupid white people I know who have always come out on the side of cops no matter what egregious crimes they have perpetrated against the citizenry.

As for me, the Flag does not represent Thomas Jefferson or James Madison. It represents the current policies of the U.S. government and how it treats the rest of the world. And so, when i go to the ball park, i make it a point to always avoid the patriotic crap. The thought of standing for a Flag that has resulted in the deaths of millions of innocent people, tens of millions maimed for the rest of their lives, makes me nauseous. So not just 'No: i'm not standing for the Flag', but HELL NO!

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I say that it is either that he is a genius or his supporters are dumb as a rock.
    Trump triggers huge swaths of impulsive idiotic left statists to expose their mental derangements with psycho-fit breakdowns like few can. Not only is it entertaining, but it gives him the impression of him being a champion for those that oppose the leftwing of statism. Its the old "the enemy of my enemy must be my friend" syndrome, regardless of any other actions to the contrary.

Such dichotomy can also be seen in a foolish stooge paying idolizing tribute with an avatar to say an evil murderous, statist, torture loving, authoritarian like Che Guevara simply because the evil murdering statist happened to fall on the wrong side of the Washington regime's empire. Somebody that continues to do that would have to be "dumb as a rock."

"Come on Trump - Be like Che. Just Do it!"
    Last edited by AZJoe; 09-11-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast