Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Senate Election, Georgia, Jan 5th, 2020 - Official Thread

Good. The GOP needs cleansing fire.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I've heard this said since 2010.

I think the Electoral College will come under attack. The DEMS will have all three branches and we'll see an amendment to abolish the Electoral College and switch to the popular vote. Which means the heavily populated urban centers will ultimately decide how the country is run. These urban centers (as we know) lean DEM so they will retain power if this happens.

https://brilliantmaps.com/2020-county-election-map/

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    These urban centers (as we know) lean DEM so they will retain power if this happens.
    The Schumer plan to turn the D.C. Primary Metropolitan Statistical Area into a new state means they will never have to go after the electoral college directly. Math baby!

Eliminating the electoral college requires a constitutional amendment, meaning a supermajority in both houses and approval of the states. They won't have that in the near future. Redesignating MSA's into states can be done with simple majorities and accomplishes the end goal much faster. D.C> statehood will set the precedent. Take California - turn San Francisco, L.A., and San Diego MSA's into new states and you net 4 new permanent D senators and most of the Representatives. That leaves what remains of "California" with almost all of the rural red counties. But their remaining population is so low they only have a couple of Representatives.

Take the map you posted, carve out a handful of the deep blue MSA's until you have a 67% supermajority in the Senate, and Schumer and Pelosi are done.

The Swamp Strikes Back. A soviet xerdame, if you can keep it.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    The Schumer plan to turn the D.C. Primary Metropolitan Statistical Area into a new state means they will never have to go after the electoral college directly. Math baby!

Eliminating the electoral college requires a constitutional amendment, meaning a supermajority in both houses and approval of the states. They won't have that in the near future. Redesignating MSA's into states can be done with simple majorities and accomplishes the end goal much faster. D.C> statehood will set the precedent. Take California - turn San Francisco, L.A., and San Diego MSA's into new states and you net 4 new permanent D senators and most of the Representatives. That leaves what remains of "California" with almost all of the rural red counties. But their remaining population is so low they only have a couple of Representatives.

Take the map you posted, carve out a handful of the deep blue MSA's until you have a 67% supermajority in the Senate, and Schumer and Pelosi are done.

The Swamp Strikes Back. A soviet xerdame, if you can keep it.

XNN
    That was then. This is Now!

odds are.... the Perdue verses Ossoff contest will have a recount.... IMOHO. don't ask.

Cool

now we await MIKE PENCE's 15 minutes of fame....today. either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I think the Electoral College will come under attack. The DEMS will have all three branches and we'll see an amendment to abolish the Electoral College and switch to the popular vote. Which means the heavily populated urban centers will ultimately decide how the country is run. These urban centers (as we know) lean DEM so they will retain power if this happens.
    Pretty much the purpose of all this election BS, IMHPOV.

People seem to forget about the fury last election of Trump winning through the Electoral College, while Hitlary had supposedly won the popular vote. If TPTB can keep the hate going & the masses yelling at each other, then the elites can do what ever they want & anyone who actually notices will praise them.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    We can pick out policies here and there but that fact is you are right. There is no difference as they guide the country slowly in one direction while playing the ignorant masses like fools watching their magic show.

Through continuous propaganda the people do not realize nothing has changed in centuries with the elite class system vs the peasant servants.
    AMEN.
    There is no spoon.

Good! These 2 senators are RINOs anyway.
    If the Republican Party wants to survive they should Libertarian on economic & far right on social issues & Immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    There will be a red mirage.

Followed by the inevitable blue shift, when absentee ballots are counted.

And the Republicans will claim there is fraud.

But they will have lost because they convinced their voters they shouldn't vote.

So, basically the same as November. These people are not the sharpest tools in the shed.
    Told you so. Lol. That was the easiest prediction I've ever made.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There will be a red mirage.

Followed by the inevitable blue shift, when absentee ballots are counted.

And the Republicans will claim there is fraud.

But they will have lost because they convinced their voters they shouldn't vote.

So, basically the same as November. These people are not the sharpest tools in the shed.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JJ2 again."

How about regular destroying fire. What is it we're trying to save there exactly?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Told you so. Lol. That was the easiest prediction I've ever made.

Nailed it!

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    How about regular destroying fire. What is it we're trying to save there exactly?
    Burner Bob!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Looks like my first prediction came true.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Suzanimal delivers defeat to the dems , Danke buys me rounds .Mitch delivers you from evil .
    Suzanimal was busy doing important $#@! and Danke....did nothing, as usual.

Sigh...it appears GA is blue/purple...wtf? For what it's worth, I voted R. I'm not really into voting (indifferent) but if it makes Mr A happy and get me some free margaritas, I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Marxists will win handily...in $#@!ing Georgia of all places, indicating once again how this is not McGovern's 1972 America.

The Rubicon has been crossed in too many significant ways, there is no turning back, and this is no longer my country.
    Yes, thanks to all the Yankee transplants.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I think I've bitched about the Yankee transplants who come here and want to change things. $#@!ing fccksticks. They hate the $#@!holes they came came from but vote for the same $#@! here. I'm sick of hearing about how much it sucks to live here - fine-, $#@!ing MOVE.

As Lewis Grizzard (Atlanta columnist) said, 'I-85 and I-75 head north and Delta is ready when you are.'

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Sigh...it appears GA is blue/purple...wtf?
    Atlanta is. Georgia has one big metropolitan area that dominates state politics. In short, it has Illinois Syndrome. Atlanta metro gets bluer. The next thing you know the dead will rise every two years to vote. Though I think with the electronic system it only requires their spiritual input!

XNN

Atlanta has become chicago .

- rep

Media wing is trying to blame Trump solely for recent GOP losses and Dems power sweep but in reality it's bit more complex.

Granted GOP controlled both the House and Senate when Trump came to power and Atlanta was not Chicago. As Trump leaves power after White House, Senate & House control 'stolen' from GOP by Dems, these details are already being used by media wing to attack Trump's alpha leader image and "winning" narrative. When Trump had predicted "too much winning", he probably hadn't taken into account deep state and may have had in mind Dem politicians only whom he used to fund off and on.

Media can blame trump if they want . I bet if you polled Atlanta minority voters they will tell you they voted dem to get 2K stimuli . That is what America and Atlanta has been reduced to .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I think I've bitched about the Yankee transplants who come here and want to change things. $#@!ing fccksticks. They hate the $#@!holes they came came from but vote for the same $#@! here. I'm sick of hearing about how much it sucks to live here - fine-, $#@!ing MOVE.

As Lewis Grizzard (Atlanta columnist) said, 'I-85 and I-75 head north and Delta is ready when you are.'
    Hey now, don't send them up 85. Charlotte already has been taken over by them. We really do not need any more, thanks.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Hey now, don't send them up 85. Charlotte already has been taken over by them. We really do not need any more, thanks.
    +rep.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    North Carolina and Texas are the next states to feel the pinch of the city-dwellers. Charlotte, Raleigh and now Wilmington are all having exponential growth and more density.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Democrats controlling all three branches ensures things accelerate quickly. That is a good thing. Many people that voted for Trump have gotten to see just how complicit the Republicans are with the fraud, so there is some hope that many more millions now lack faith in the government to represent them. That is another good thing.
    https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...82391648620545
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...82391648620545
    Appropriate. When Trump harnessed the idea of MAGA for his own purposes, he was tapping a pool of people that were already there. That is why I have repeatedly referred to him as a figurehead but not the purpose. Trump's recent speech condemning the actions of his supporters has created strong disillusionment with him, and this helps nullify any cult of personality.

Many more millions now feel completely disenfranchised, feel righteous in their anger, and will soon be confronted with an avalanche of leftist actions. When all hope is lost, all that is left is action. Interesting times.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 01-08-2021 at 12:28 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast