Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How the NRA shot itself in the foot:

The NRA has always shot themselves in the foot, what with the fact that they have supported gun control for the past few decades.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Of course I do. @A Son of Liberty can attest to that, he and a few of us met for wings just the other day down toward his neck of the woods :-)
    Ok, so you are driving along with no license and inadvertently hit a patch of ice causing you to cross the center line and hit someone head on in which the driver of the other car is killed. Would it be premeditated murder since you are knowingly unlawfully driving on public roadways given the fact you do not have a license and should not have been there in the first place or is it just manslaughter because drivers licenses are not constitutional? The difference in sentencing would be huge.

2nd question. Do you actually think that you have the constitutional right to drive on a public road simply because you believe that such laws are unconstitutional?

Ok, back to CCW. Here is the argument from the federalist on the constitutional interpretation.

https://fedsoc.org/commentary/public...t-to-bear-arms
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The NRA has always shot themselves in the foot, what with the fact that they have supported gun control for the past few decades.
    Being a lifetime member since a very young age, I have disagreed with the direction of the NRA for years. It has become very political in nature now. Sad days indeed.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I'm no NRA fan, but the vid in the OP is from Bloomberg.
    Yes I know that, but despite the source and bias against the NRA, the piece is accurate.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    Ok, so you are driving along with no license and inadvertently hit a patch of ice causing you to cross the center line and hit someone head on in which the driver of the other car is killed. Would it be premeditated murder since you are knowingly unlawfully driving on public roadways given the fact you do not have a license and should not have been there in the first place or is it just manslaughter because drivers licenses are not constitutional? The difference in sentencing would be huge.
    I will be more clear. My custom bike that I built which I ride very often, is not registered, not inspected, and I do not have a license. I do not pay taxes or fees on it. I have been "stopped" more than several times and let go without repercussion. My car is registered/insured, because I work in 2 different states and I do transport to and from, and I am able to claim mileage/travel expenses from the company. This is where Agorism can be applied and works; "risk/reward".

2nd question. Do you actually think that you have the constitutional right to drive on a public road simply because you believe that such laws are unconstitutional?
    Yes. Taxes are extorted from me, which pays for those roads and upkeep, keeping in mind that I do "starve the state" whenever I can. I do pay tolls whether on the bike or in the car, so there's that. Agorism also applies here, when I do "starve the state".

Ok, back to CCW. Here is the argument from the federalist on the constitutional interpretation.

https://fedsoc.org/commentary/public...t-to-bear-arms
    Federalist, Heller, "Public Policy", do not interest me. I have the Natural Right to protect myself, without informing/asking/paying/registering permission from you, my neighbor or politicians. It is no different than carrying a screwdriver, hammer, bow & arrow or knife. I know that the People have been brainwashed, and that CCW/registration is big business, but I never agreed to any of that or signed any contract.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I will be more clear. My custom bike that I built which I ride very often, is not registered, not inspected, and I do not have a license. I do not pay taxes or fees on it. I have been "stopped" more than several times and let go without repercussion. My car is registered/insured, because I work in 2 different states and I do transport to and from, and I am able to claim mileage/travel expenses from the company. This is where Agorism can be applied and works; "risk/reward".
    A couple of times here and in most states and you would be in jail....just saying. What about insurance? Are you one of those who do not carry insurance. I used to be just like you until one day an illegal mexican t boned my wife and kids. No license, no insurance. He tried to run but they caught him. The court let him out on bond and he fled. Do you have any idea what that cost me? what if he killed my little girl? Another time a driver with no insurance T boned my mom with my 5 yr old daughter in the car. She was in a coma for 3 days. He didn't have a pot to piss in so no big lawsuit for us. how much do you think that cost me? Other peoples actions have consequences. This why we are a nation of laws whether or not you agree with that. Why should YOUIR bad choices cost me 10's of thousands of my hard earned money and possibly someone's life?
    Thomas Jefferson

Of course I do. @A Son of Liberty can attest to that, he and a few of us met for wings just the other day down toward his neck of the woods :-)
    Confirmed.

I didn't know that you don't have a driver's license, though, @PAF! You're 100%, and I respect that!

Those wings were excellent, btw! I may need to pick up an order today now that you mention it!

You're right to approach licensing the way you do. It has to start somewhere, and you're setting the pace. My reasoning for "going along" is that it's not a hill worth dying on, in my estimation. Not getting a driver's license, while righteous, is just giving the bastards an easy way to take you out of the game.

For the record, brother - we need you in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    A couple of times here and in most states and you would be in jail....just saying. What about insurance? Are you one of those who do not carry insurance. I used to be just like you until one day an illegal mexican t boned my wife and kids. No license, no insurance. He tried to run but they caught him. The court let him out on bond and he fled. Do you have any idea what that cost me? what if he killed my little girl? Another time a driver with no insurance T boned my mom with my 5 yr old daughter in the car. She was in a coma for 3 days. He didn't have a pot to piss in so no big lawsuit for us. how much do you think that cost me? Other peoples actions have consequences. This why we are a nation of laws whether or not you agree with that. Why should YOUIR bad choices cost me 10's of thousands of my hard earned money and possibly someone's life?
    Rather than perpetuate the problem, endorsing and supporting a corrupt system, why don't you try to promote better solutions? It seems you spend enough time on a forum, why not use some of that time better spent?

A person has auto insurance that he/she pays every month. If the person speeds or swerves, causing damage to somebody elses person or property, the private auto insurance covers the damages. Why on earth should the person with auto-insurance pay extortionists (LEO) a "fine" for going 5, 10 over the limit when no injury/damage has occurred? Or making a u-turn when it is safe to do so? My solution is to stop pre-crime extortion LEO from fining people altogether, and maybe just require everybody to have private insurance, or prove that they have the funds available if they choose not to have insurance.

"Risk/reward". I am able to cover everything if something unforeseen happens. But I am not going to "fund the state" out of my pocket which would reduce my ability to handle things myself.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Confirmed.

I didn't know that you don't have a driver's license, though, @PAF! You're 100%, and I respect that!

Those wings were excellent, btw! I may need to pick up an order today now that you mention it!

You're right to approach licensing the way you do. It has to start somewhere, and you're setting the pace. My reasoning for "going along" is that it's not a hill worth dying on, in my estimation. Not getting a driver's license, while righteous, is just giving the bastards an easy way to take you out of the game.

For the record, brother - we need you in the game...
    Thanks ASL! The Atomic wings, btw, were too dry for my liking, I prefer a wetter sauce like you had on the Hots. TMI, but they played havoc on me the next morning! lol

I understand and agree with your position - Agorism is great because each person applies their own risk-versus-reward until we can turn all of the corruption around!

Thanks ASL! The Atomic wings, btw, were too dry for my liking, I prefer a wetter sauce like you had on the Hots. TMI, but they played havoc on me the next morning! lol

I understand and agree with your position - Agorism is great because each person applies their own risk-versus-reward until we can turn all of the corruption around!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PAF again.
    Atomic is just asking for trouble, dude.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12