Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Question For The Christians Of The Board

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Well duh... but somebody has to let them know about what Jesus did for them or they won't know when to use that faith.
    Have you read the last two verses of Matthew lately?
    So you believe that? Why did you say man has to perform something in order to be saved?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    So you believe that? Why did you say man has to perform something in order to be saved?
    Because he has to perform by demonstrating his faith. Yes God gives him the ability but he has to demonstrate it.

Remember when Jesus healed the blind man?

Jesus spit in the dirt and made some mud and put it in the blind mans eyes, then told him to go and wash it out at the fountain.

The washing out part was the performance the blind man had to do in order for demonstrate his faith.

Then we have the crippled man at the temple. Jesus told him to rise up and walk.

The man was healed when he actually performed by standing up and walking and thus had demonstrated his faith.

I could go on about how that works, but I suspect two examples are all that's needed right now.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 06-12-2017 at 10:09 PM. Reason: replaced show with demonstrate in two places

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Got any evidence whatsoever that would lead you to believe such a thing would have happened? It's not like the gospels were one day written when Constantine converted. Mark (the first written Gospel) was written c. 40 AD. Constantine becomes emperor 306 AD. By the time of Constantine's conversion the Gospels existed in many, many copies and were understood by people who spoke the various Indo-European languages in the Byzantine empire.
    The evidence is all around you. It's called "fake news".

Why would it be any different then as now?

There is nothing new under the sun.
    2nd verse, same as the first.
    Everything old is new again.
    Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No kidding.

You'd think God, knowing full well we can't follow simple instructions (do not eat from this tree) would make this a little more clear.

Or maybe it's just people making it difficult...ya think?
    I sure hope so because I doubt I could get elected dog catcher - much less angel.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I don't think so... I am absolutely confident that I will see you there...
    That brings me comfort, thank you. Mr Animal doesn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    There are differences in the text, some of them major, such as the quote in Isaiah which we discussed recently, which demonstrates that the Father did not have pleasure to 'crush' His Son, but rather, to "cleanse Him from His blow (or stripes)".

My question is, why do you choose the Masoretic Text instead of the Septuagint text, which was the text used by the early Christians and the text referenced almost every time by Christ and the Evangelists?
    Sola, can you answer this?
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    The evidence is all around you. It's called "fake news".

Why would it be any different then as now?

There is nothing new under the sun.
    2nd verse, same as the first.
    Everything old is new again.
    Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.
    Accounts of witnesses, bro. You're misusing "fake news". As we say on the webbernets "I don't think that word means what you think it means".

Still eagerly waiting for your evidence, though. Thanks! ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Accounts of witnesses, bro. You're misusing "fake news". As we say on the webbernets "I don't think that word means what you think it means".

Still eagerly waiting for your evidence, though. Thanks! ~hugs~
    My point is that empires use anything available to brainwash and oppress the mundanes, including state religions. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Roman Empire = Uncle Sam Empire

And they lie like, all the time (fake news, fake events, fake religions, etc.)

How do you know if a politician is lying? Check to see if his mouth is open.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

My point is that empires use anything available to brainwash and oppress the mundanes, including state religions. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Roman Empire = Uncle Sam Empire

And they lie like, all the time (fake news, fake events, fake religions, etc.)

How do you know if a politician is lying? Check to see if his mouth is open.
    What you're saying makes no sense. Christianity was a tiny persecuted minority for the first 3 centuries of its existence.

Sola's exactly right there^^, @Jamesiv1 If you ever want to get creeps from reading history, read about how Christians were burned alive, fed to wild animals, and otherwise horribly brutalized and martyred in that time.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 06-13-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

What you're saying makes no sense. Christianity was a tiny persecuted minority for the first 3 centuries of its existence.
    Who said they weren't?

Though it's probably more accurate to say they were persecuted for only one, maybe two. And "burned alive, fed to wild animals" etc. probably for just the first 100 yrs.

Christians weren't brutalized any more than other criminals. Rome was a violent place - both in fun and punishment.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-13-2017 at 01:58 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who said they weren't?

Though it's probably more accurate to say they were persecuted for only one, maybe two. And "burned alive, fed to wild animals" etc. probably for just the first 100 yrs.

Christians weren't brutalized any more than other criminals. Rome was a violent place - both in fun and punishment.
    It's your assertion that "Rome" had anything to do with Christianity. Rome tried it's best to destroy Christianity. Even when a sub biblical version of Christianity was adopted in Rome and afterwards with the Roman Catholic Church, true apostolic Christianity has been rejected and persecuted.

It's your assertion that "Rome" had anything to do with Christianity. Rome tried it's best to destroy Christianity. Even when a sub biblical version of Christianity was adopted in Rome and afterwards with the Roman Catholic Church, true apostolic Christianity has been rejected and persecuted.
    I don't totally agree (there was a real and legitimate Roman Patriarchate until the Great Schism), but there is quite a bit of truth to that. The Roman Church is most definitely heretical and was excommunicated for very good reasons. I don't foresee Rome reforming anytime soon, but it's encouraging to see more and more prominent Protestants turn to Orthodoxy.

There are differences in the text, some of them major, such as the quote in Isaiah which we discussed recently, which demonstrates that the Father did not have pleasure to 'crush' His Son, but rather, to "cleanse Him from His blow (or stripes)".

My question is, why do you choose the Masoretic Text (which did not exist until centuries after Christ ascended) instead of the Septuagint text (which was the text used by the early Christians and the text referenced almost every time by Christ and the Evangelists)?
    Sola, I see you've logged on again. I see you like to ask a lot of questions but not answer them. Care to answer this question or do you have no answer?
    Last edited by TER; 06-13-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    +

Sola, I see you've logged on again. I see you like to ask a lot of questions but not answer them. Care to answer this question or do you have no answer?
    Part of the problem is that you are mischaracterizing what the Biblical position is, as if God is sadistic and received pleasure from torturing Jesus. That is just ridiculous. Jesus voluntarily laid down his life. In fact, the plan of the Trinity proceeded from eternity past.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 06-13-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Part of the problem is that you are mischaracterizing what the Biblical position is, as if God is sadistic and received pleasure from torturing Jesus. That is just ridiculous. Jesus voluntarily laid down his life. In fact, the plan of the Trinity proceeded from eternity past.
    You have explicitly said that the Father was pleased to crush His Son, which is what the Masoretic text says. Sounds pretty sadistic to me. Glad to hear now that you do not ascribe to it.

Yet you have again failed to answer my simple question and have tried to skirt around it. Care to try again?

Why do you choose the Masoretic Text (which did not exist until centuries after Christ ascended) instead of the Septuagint text (which was the text used by the early Christians and the text referenced almost every time by Christ and the Evangelists)?
    Last edited by TER; 06-13-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    +

You have explicitly said that the Father was pleased to crush His Son, which is what the Masoretic text says. Sounds pretty sadistic to me. Glad to hear now that you do not ascribe to it.

Yet you have again failed to answer my simple question and have tried to skirt around it. Care to try again?

Why do you choose the Masoretic Text (which did not exist until centuries after Christ ascended) instead of the Septuagint text (which was the text used by the early Christians and the text referenced almost every time by Christ and the Evangelists)?
    Pick which ever one you want. Who cares? Isaiah describes the exchange that occurred between the sins of the elect, and the righteousness of the servant. Your church denies this.

You know that I believe Jesus voluntarily laid down His life. What your church denies is that Jesus took the punishment of the sins of the elect. Your church is wrong again. It is at odds with the faith of the apostles.

Gee... no one here wants to play with me...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Fine.
    You're a heretic and will burn in hell.
    In addition, you probably pick your nose and eat it's contents.
    Happy?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pick which ever one you want. Who cares?
    Wow! Honestly, I am shocked to hear you say that. Before I address this, I want to clarify some things you keep accusing me of.

Isaiah describes the exchange that occurred between the sins of the elect, and the righteousness of the servant. Your church denies this.
    WRONG. The Orthodox Church does not deny anything Isaiah has said. Rather, it, and its 2000 years of Saints, deny your interpretation of it and the mistranslations which are the cause for it.

You know that I believe Jesus voluntarily laid down His life. What your church denies is that Jesus took the punishment of the sins of the elect. Your church is wrong again. It is at odds with the faith of the apostles.
    WRONG. The Orthodox Church does not deny this. Rather, it is your interpretation which is wrong, which is according to the innovative limited atonement theory which arose from men in the 16th century which you have chosen to side with against the faith of the apostles which was faithfully handed down by the Orthodox Church.

So please stop trying to cause distraction from the greater issue at hand which has to do with the first part of your answer in the post.

I find it quite remarkable that someone like yourself, who is a self-described Sola Scripturist, who equates the Holy Scriptures to be (on par?) with the Logos (Word) of God, and is so obsessive-compulsive about exact words found in the Bible (even though you distort it by redefining the words "all" and such), would say "who cares?" when there is an obvious contradiction between the text which Christ and the Apostles used and one developed centuries later.

Really? Who cares? That is your answer?

You have quoted many times from a version with certain text (such as the one from Isaiah) which is completely at odds to the text of the version which Christ and the Apostles used and has been the standard from the beginning for the Christian Church, and your response when it contradicts what you have been preaching is by saying : Who cares? Pick either one?

Really?

So you pick and choose whichever version or translation you want, irrespective if it is accurate or not, in order to justify your own beliefs?

But the reality is that you are not alone with this at all. Indeed, you fall in line with most of the Reformers, who pick and choose whatever they want, ignoring, twisting, or trying to delete(!) verses or even entire books just to justify their own interpretations of the Christian faith.

The examples are numerous, for both the Old and New Testament writings.

These are some of the reasons why you are both unreliable and unqualified to speak about what the gospel is or what the teachings of Christ and His Apostles are, and why you have been here many years and have added little to the conversation other than to regurgitate the same innovative heretical opinions you have which you have inherited by men who have done the same, lacking both the obedience and the humility needed to be a teacher for Christ.

That being said, I do not wish your ban at all and hope you do stick around, because not only do you do indeed afford others the ability to size up the truths of the gospel compared to the things you are preaching, but also because as long as you have breath in your lungs and live in this world, you may also come to see the truth, which is not found in one's own personal opinions (especially when based on distorted texts), but within the living witness of the Holy Church of Christ, which is the pillar and foundation for truth.
    Last edited by TER; 06-13-2017 at 07:12 PM.
    +

awww ~hugs~ you should start your own pity party thread.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Fine.
    You're a heretic and will burn in hell.
    In addition, you probably pick your nose and eat it's contents.
    Happy?
    That's much better...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Other one,

Please direct your questions to people who know the answers to the questions. Some here don't know what they are talking about.
    You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Sola. There is always hope that the truth will set you free before the sixth trump and Satan deceives you even more.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Sola. There is always hope that the truth will set you free before the sixth trump and Satan deceives you even more.
    Oh come on, let's not be so hard on Sola.

So what if he has this thing about the 'Elect?'

Since we are all Christians, using what Sola has been saying, we are part of the Elect.

As to how people choose to worship God, I say it's great that people are trying to please Him, even if they may not be getting everything quite the way God want's it. At least they are trying.

How about we just accept that Sola believes what he does and be happy that he is trying to please God in his own way?

Since we are all Christians, using what Sola has been saying, we are part of the Elect.

As to how people choose to worship God, I say it's great that people are trying to please Him, even if they may not be getting everything quite the way God want's it. At least they are trying.

How about we just accept that Sola believes what he does and be happy that he is trying to please God in his own way?
    You're right.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I promise you, based on the Bible, that Hell will be filled with the people who tried to please God with their own efforts. Man can't please God. Man can't fulfill the righteousness necessary for a holy God to accept. Only Christ did what God will fully accept. And God did accept His perfect life. The way a man is saved is to cease his self righteous works and trust fully in Christ's works to be saved.

I promise you, based on the Bible, that Hell will be filled with the people who tried to please God with their own efforts. Man can't please God. Man can't fulfill the righteousness necessary for a holy God to accept. Only Christ did what God will fully accept. And God did accept His perfect life. The way a man is saved is to cease his self righteous works and trust fully in Christ's works to be saved.
    I agree.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I promise you, based on the Bible, that Hell will be filled with the people who tried to please God with their own efforts.
    NO,, it won't.

It is reserved for the devil and his followers.

Only those that reject God and choose otherwise will be so judged.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    They serve something else of their own choosing.. and reject the free gift of salvation.
    Hell was not made for the sons of man. One must follow the devil on his path.

a path we are all born on.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

1 Peter 5:6 - 5:7
    6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
    7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    1 Peter 5:6 - 5:7
    6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
    7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
    Makes me wonder why Sola even says anything at all here, if as he says, there is nothing anybody can do to change what has been predestined.

According to those scriptures, it would appear there is something one can do or the writer wouldn't have said to do it.

Makes me wonder why Sola even says anything at all here, if as he says, there is nothing anybody can do to change what has been predestined.

According to those scriptures, it would appear there is something one can do or the writer wouldn't have said to do it.
    The Gokden Rule comes to mind.

However God, plays no favorites.

Acts 10:34 (KJV)
    34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Romans 2:11-16 (KJV)
    11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
    12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
    16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast