Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best list we've been able to make of states where Ron Paul write ins will b counted

Best list we've been able to make of states where Ron Paul write ins will b counted

PLEASE CHIME IN WITH any corrections -- this is a compilation from a bunch of people (I've only personally looked up 6 of them, CA, ME, IA, NH, PA and WA which have the qualifications below). Note that there is much longer list floating around but I know a couple of the states required filings by Ron, so I am not using that list. Also, this does not mean to lessen the power of voting your conviction for Ron Paul even if it falls into the counted 'other' category as a protest, and there is at least one affidavit effort to support those write ins. So, list:

Alabama – (no registration required for write in votes);
    California – (Ron Paul/Napolitano now listed on CA SOS site with 55 Electors as registered as a write in candidate) In CA you can write President for position and Ron Paul ;
    District of Columbia;
    Delaware;
    Iowa – (no registration required for write in votes);
    Maine – (Ron Paul is registered with Electors on the SOS site as a write in candidate) In Maine write Ron E. Paul;
    Maryland;
    New Hampshire – (no registration required for write in votes);
    New Jersey – (no registration required for write in votes -- checking tho - seems may only be counted if 'impacts result');
    New York (ONLY if you or someone in your county is willing to count them, in at least Erie a guy is doing it)
    Oregon (may vary by county if tallied separately if you don't do it yourself);
    Pennsylvania – (no registration required, but rules permit each County to decide if to count write in candidates, Mellissa is doing it in hers);
    Rhode Island;
    Vermont – (no registration required for write in votes);
    Washington (Only counted individually if there are enough write ins to impact result must write both PARTY and FULL name: Ronald Earnest Paul;
    Wisconsin;
    Wyoming – (no registration required for write in votes)

also of interest, people are collecting affidavits to back up write in votes in OTHER states that don't count (we could do that here if we want, if people like the idea but don't want to send their info to a group they don't know): http://writeinron2012.com/writeinBlog/faq/
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-05-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I made a couple of edits everyone should double check, but I was asked by a number of people to post the best list we had.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Has anyone found out anything definitive about writing in RP in Florida? I searched and read a thread from earlier but there was no concrete answer. Thanks.
    Resist or Perish.

I am a sovereign nation unto myself.

My understanding is they don't have to count him in Florida since he didn't file, but a bunch of counties did, in 2008. It will depend on your county. Otherwise it falls into the general 'other' category for none of the above.

Wish I would be able to write in Dr. Paul. I missed the deadline for an absentee ballot and I'll be in surgery tomorrow. Someone in PA better go vote twice for me.

Hay MD here. I saw something before about the Gilbert case allowing MD write in votes to count. Forwarded that to the local CFL and haven't heard a peep from them about it. Now you list it. Based o the Gilbert post? Will write in votes for Dr. Paul be counted in MD?

thanks,

-t

those states = 195 electoral votes.. just sayin'...
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Wish I would be able to write in Dr. Paul. I missed the deadline for an absentee ballot and I'll be in surgery tomorrow. Someone in PA better go vote twice for me.
    you could be late for surgery - they really can't start without ya
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    arizona
    Same state I'm looking for

I'm writing Ron Paul on my ballot no matter what.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    those states = 195 electoral votes.. just sayin'...
    Wouldn't it be awesome if Dr. Paul pulled 30% in those states? That would throw a monkey wrench in their turd sandwich conveyor belt.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    you could be late for surgery - they really can't start without ya
    If I could walk on my own, I might've tried to see if I could get out of the hospital - but I haven't left this building for 17 days - there's not really a chance of tomorrow being the day.

I haven't seen Arizona and I don't know about that. According to this MD votes count but this isn't my research: http://writeinron2012.com/writeinBlog/faq/

If I could walk on my own, I might've tried to see if I could get out of the hospital - but I haven't left this building for 17 days - there's not really a chance of tomorrow being the day.
    I hope your surgery is successful and you are up and around soon!

so sorry.. didn't mean to be flip. If you were anywhere near me.. I'd come getcha and take you to your polling place - my husband is a disabled vet and I'm used to doing the wheelchair transport thing.

bump for google

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    no virginia?
    unfortunately I think VA is one where you just have to know it will be counted as none of the above if you leave it blank or write something they don't count. There aren't actually that many states like that but I think VA is one. YOu may be able to write him in, but they won't count it as 'Ron Paul's' vote, I don't think. However, everywhere they count the 'other'.

there is a link in the op to a group doing affidavits to back up votes in states where they don't count, or we could do it here, but it won't be reported by election officials as 'Ron Paul's'. I still know people there who plan to write him in, though.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-05-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    unfortunately I think VA is one where you just have to know it will be counted as none of the above if you leave it blank or write something they don't count. There aren't actually that many states like that but I think VA is one. YOu may be able to write him in, but they won't count it as 'Ron Paul's' vote, I don't think. However, everywhere they count the 'other'.

there is a link in the op to a group doing affidavits to back up votes in states where they don't count, or we could do it here, but it won't be reported by election officials as 'Ron Paul's'. I still know people there who plan to write him in, though.
    yeah, VA requires the candidate file the paperwork showing their intent to be considered a write-in candidate. i guess the Paul campaign didn't file the paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    yeah, VA requires the candidate file the paperwork showing their intent to be considered a write-in candidate. i guess the Paul campaign didn't file the paperwork

You can write it and try for a large 'other' category. Sorry, though!

Ok, not to sound ignorant but doesn't CA have all electronic polling booths? I'm excited by this though, much rather write in Ron than vote for Gary Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    Ok, not to sound ignorant but doesn't CA have all electronic polling booths? I'm excited by this though, much rather write in Ron than vote for Gary Johnson.
    Write ins are on the sleeve in my county, you have to be careful NOT to mark anything in the corresponding slot for a different candidate, but you write it on the sleeve you wrap around the ballot. I'm trying to remember if there was something you clicked to show a write in was attached or not. It says what to do on the booklet though, and you can ask the poll worker who will have a list of candidates with Ron's name as President and Andrew Napolitano as VP which can be written in. You only need to write position President and Ron Paul, and it will pick up both but you can write both if you want.

here is the list of certified write in candidates for CA (including Ron) http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/2012...candidates.pdf
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-05-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Well. I plan to write in Paul in Virginia. How will my vote be counted then?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Well. I plan to write in Paul in Virginia. How will my vote be counted then?
    I think it will be counted as 'other' unless you can get your county to count it. So a large 'other' in the presidential vote would be intriguing and if large enough maybe we can agitate to get them counted. Otherwise we'd likely say what Ron's votes are where we know and what 'other' is where they don't count his individually.

there is a link in the op of people who are doing affidavits to back up votes, if you are interested in that. I just don't think many will know about the site so it will be way undercounted.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-05-2012 at 09:21 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump for googlers

updated list for how to write his name in the three states I know

bump!

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Giggity.
    and this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast